Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:18:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Learn from arts! (old topic name was : sMerit for art!)  (Read 6121 times)
Baoo

Activity: 854
Merit: 115

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 09:35:32 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2018, 10:35:21 AM by Baoo
Merited by snipie (2)

I hope that you will take a look in my thread .

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2990907.msg30749938#msg30749938

Thanks for your consideration.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Boluwatife

Activity: 308
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 08:51:02 AM

Here is my piece of work for newbies on how to get Ranks, Activities and Merit. Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJOmLrl_89g
snipie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 1140

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 03:06:25 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2018, 05:55:42 PM by snipie

Not bad, +2 for these two pics Smiley
For the two others, a little funny but i cannot give merit for it.

Here is my piece of work for newbies on how to get Ranks, Activities and Merit. Enjoy

Quoted entirely as it is. This is not your work, this was already posted by AlisaWhishie in this topic, his account link is available in the text under the video. Waiting for a clear explanation from you before asking default trust member to give you a negative trust for this phishy behaviour.

Cannot be merited right now because it contains a mistake : a period doesn't start exactly since your registration on bitcointalk, it is a fixed 14 days starting with Tuesday at a precise time. You can join at the beginning of a period or before an hour from the end, till you made at least 1 post it is the same, both can have max 14 activity.
Will give the reward (1 sM) once this mistake is corrected to avoid confusion Smiley

Edit : separating the two images.

sncc

Activity: 536
Merit: 513

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:01:12 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2018, 01:53:41 PM by sncc
Merited by snipie (6), wantjokull (2), vapourminer (1)

an image helping newbies to understand anything related to Bitcoin, Blockchain, wallets, FAQ in bitcointalk.org (Merit, ranking, trust, activity...).

While my infographic below includes info about Merit, let me repost it here.
I have checked infographics listed in the OP of Merit & new rank requirements,
( paxmao's infographic, ibminer's infographic, 8Habits's infographic, JetSet11's infographic, zentdex's infographic, alia_armelle's infographic )
but I wanted to have more graphical and intuitive one depicting the current system.
Hope it is helpful for Newbies and other users in the forum.

lemonrabid

Activity: 322
Merit: 118

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 04:04:13 PM
Merited by snipie (1)

Cannot be merited right now because it contains a mistake : a period doesn't start exactly since your registration on bitcointalk, it is a fixed 14 days starting with Tuesday at a precise time. You can join at the beginning of a period or before an hour from the end, till you made at least 1 post it is the same, both can have max 14 activity.
Will give the reward (1 sM) once this mistake is corrected to avoid confusion Smiley

Hi, I have corrected.
I'm sorry my English is not very good Sad
https://ibb.co/c2mFHc
snipie (OP)
Legendary

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 06:04:11 PM

-snip-
[ur]https://ibb.co/c2mFHc[/url]
Ok. Please remove the old image which contains the mistake.

Accepted and great work, i got a new hope here after i noticed that the quality of arts start dropping  Wink
+6 sMerit and i recommend to be add in theymos topic or in FAQ stickied topic.

Boluwatife

Activity: 308
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 10:10:33 PM

Quoted entirely as it is. This is not your work, this was already posted by AlisaWhishie in this topic, his account link is available in the text under the video. Waiting for a clear explanation from you before asking default trust member to give you a negative trust for this phishy behaviour.

I am very very sorry. There was a mistake on my part. I actually used the video as a guide to create mine but while i was uploading the video on youtube, i copied the video link of the wrong video. I also did not know that my video didn't upload as well until now. I am very very sorry and i humbly apologize to the owner of the video AlisaWhishie and to you too as i did not intend to portray another person's work as mine.

Here's the link to the video i intended to upload. As i couldn't upload on youtube i used vimeo instead. https://vimeo.com/257401858

abaidudez

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 12:19:25 AM

Another attempt at this! Hope this is of quality and attractive to newbies so that they can reference it for rank, activity and merit points Grin Grin

BoonsterX
It's very hard to rank up now. Merit makes me delayed to get into what I want. I will stay in for Full Member I guess. I already gave a merit to someone but I don't know how to get one. Thanks for creating this thread guide me on how to rank up now. I want to create an informative GIF or video that will help also but I think lots of entries done it.

▀▀████████████████▄▄         H A V E N      /      HOLD HAVEN. EARN BNB!         ▄▄████████████████▀▀
Community Driven DeFi Project Built on BSC
|    Whitepaper    |      Telegram      |       Twitter       |      [ SafeHaven.Finance ]      |     Instagram     |        Reddit        |      YouTube      |
play1ife

Activity: 100
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 12:25:15 AM
Merited by snipie (5)

Hello! I have made a video about ranks.

Check it please!
https://youtu.be/Y2o9LkG_RoA

And yeah,  I will try to remove watermark tomorrow.
nick77777

Merit: 33

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:07:59 AM
Last edit: February 27, 2018, 03:20:24 AM by nick77777

Hello! I made the infographics "The best wallets for popular coins".
I will be glad to hear constructive criticism, any comments about my picture.

The link for full image: http://ibb.co/mJM8Nc.
Thanks!
ovisovyant1

Activity: 80
Merit: 11

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 08:31:24 AM
Last edit: February 26, 2018, 09:24:13 AM by ovisovyant1

Hi, I have made an avatar about merit, please check

https://i.imgur.com/q2MhkOd.png
and look, I'm preaching this topic to a local sub.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2840438.msg31060502#msg31060502

jemarleon

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

Silence

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 12:08:02 PM

i find this thread very useful, this can help many newbies / jr. members to rank up to MEMBER.
thanks for the useful thread sir. snipie.

thumbs up  Cool

i cant do something all of the information are here. i salute you mr. snipie!
sncc

Activity: 536
Merit: 513

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:43:05 PM

Accepted and great work, i got a new hope here after i noticed that the quality of arts start dropping  Wink
+6 sMerit and i recommend to be add in theymos topic or in FAQ stickied topic.

Thank you, I am happy to hear that.
Below is another piece of my work to propose a better UI which allows one to check one's own sMerit balance (not others' -- to prevent people rush to sMerit-rich users).
So this is not an inforgraphic for Newbies but it would resolve Newbies' typical confusion about the system if it is implemented.
Indeed everyday we see so many posts suggesting confusion about the difference between Merit and sMerit, which is mainly caused by the following reasons:

1) You can notice there are Merit and sMerit only when you click +Merit link (or read infographics etc)
2) However, for Newbies or Jr. Members with 0 sMerit, +Merit link does not show up (though it does show up if one had obtained sMerits and run out of them)

The proposed UI would resolve this issue with minimal modifications, and also allows people to automatically understand the fact that the minimum unit of sMerit is 0.5, or even that they receive sMerit equivalent to half of Merit.
I have already sent a message to theymos and been waiting his/her reply for three weeks ... we'll see.

snipie (OP)
Legendary

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 02:50:00 AM

-snip-
I mentioned previously that everyone need to prove that he is the one that made the video, you can put your profile name in the video or in the text associated with it or at least make a comment with your name.
In the last seconds the text (...so that other users...) is hiding the merit requirements for F/Sr/Hero members...
Will be reviewed later after you prove that it is yours, meanwhile, i will give it likely under what i specified as a minimum for videos, in other words, encouragement points (1 or 2) depending from the modifications that will be done.

-snip-

You will not get the senior member rank as planned before but you need 8 months to become hero member? so try to get it as a target in the medium range.
I don't mind seeing the same contents repeated but i expect to see better quality so my judgement will become harder.

Nice and creative, +5 sMerit

-snip-
Nice and useful.
I want to add for example under bitcoin wallets, you could write, for more wallets visit : https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet (same goes for other coins if it is available in their official site only), it isn't hard to add tho and i recommend it.
For ethereum wallet you need to change bitcoin.org by ethereum.org
For bitcoin cash, i don't have a clue whether it has an official wallet : bitcoin ABC? please verify (or change the "official" title)
Don't know if i missed something but overall it is good work, please just make the required modifications then delete the image containing the error(s) then upload the correct one so i can give you +2 sMerit (or +4 sMerit if you add the link that i suggested for each coins Grin).
(Yeah, you can put it in imgur and share it in social media/reddit too since it is useful)

(will give comment for the other posts soon)

nick77777

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:20:48 AM
Merited by snipie (4)

-snip-
Nice and useful.
I want to add for example under bitcoin wallets, you could write, for more wallets visit : https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet (same goes for other coins if it is available in their official site only), it isn't hard to add tho and i recommend it.
For ethereum wallet you need to change bitcoin.org by ethereum.org
For bitcoin cash, i don't have a clue whether it has an official wallet : bitcoin ABC? please verify (or change the "official" title)
Don't know if i missed something but overall it is good work, please just make the required modifications then delete the image containing the error(s) then upload the correct one so i can give you +2 sMerit (or +4 sMerit if you add the link that i suggested for each coins Grin).
(Yeah, you can put it in imgur and share it in social media/reddit too since it is useful)

(will give comment for the other posts soon)

Sorry for mistake with Ethereum - corrected it.
As I know, BCH haven't the own official wallet, but BitcoinABC - the first on the list of nodes on the site. Made the link on their official site.
Entered your wishes regarding the links.
I changed to a new picture.
Thanks!
snipie (OP)
Legendary

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 03:31:15 AM

-snip-
1/ Well as you know the art needs to help newbies but having "keep and support Merit system" in an avatar couldn't help them, so i cannot give any sMerit for this. Waiting for a good contribution from you.
2/ I would thank you for sharing the topic to other ones so they can get involved and collect some sMerit.
3/ I translated what you said with google translate, well not the best instrument, but i always update in the first post every 2-3 days how much sMerit left, this without considering the sMerit given by other members which already participated several times Smiley

-snip-
As i said to abaidudez : I don't mind seeing the same contents repeated but i expect to see better quality so my judgement will become harder.
Besides, there is many things that no one mentioned it like mining (what's mean, difference between cpu/gpu/asics mining, electricity cost and equipements costs, what's mean hash rate...), a good and clear video about different type of wallets (with images for trezor/ledger...), even a video about the TOP historic things about Bitcoin is welcome (a guy buying a pizza with thousands of dollars or someone throwing his hard disk containing a big amount of money, someone buying a car/a house using bitcoin... the only required things is good quality and reference to the source/original topic in bitcointalk)...

Nice, i think it could be a nice addition especially when browsing posts. I think theymos saw it but didn't consider it as a priority for the moment.

Not exactly what i meant but it is my mistake for not showing you what i meant. Not bad like this anyway +4 sMerit and welcome as a member Smiley

nick77777

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:35:21 AM
Last edit: February 28, 2018, 12:00:05 PM by nick77777

Nice, i think it could be a nice addition especially when browsing posts. I think theymos saw it but didn't consider it as a priority for the moment.

Not exactly what i meant but it is my mistake for not showing you what i meant. Not bad like this anyway +4 sMerit and welcome as a member Smiley

Thank you very much!
Do you want that I place a separate link below in case the coin have several wallets on the official website?
snipie (OP)
Legendary

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 04:01:52 AM

Thank you very much!
Do you want, that I place a separate link below in case the coin have several wallets on the official website?

It could be kept like this imo.
What i initially said is that you keep the link of bitcoin core as it and add under the 3 wallets a little box containing the link that i mentioned

like this :
                          official                         useful                    mobile
   Bitcoin         |bitcoin core|                 |     ...     |              |    ...     |
                     |bitcoin.org |                 |     ...     |              |    ...     |
                            |Other wallets|   | https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet |

and the same thing for bitcoin cash, ethereum, litecoin... it isn't a requirement as i said but it could make your image better and complete Wink

cerebro415

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:25:52 AM

Greetings Sir/ Ma'am,

I see that you have a kind heart and is giving out merits, at the moment i only need a few more and it would allow me to experience the BTC community just a little deeper. I am currently wondering if you could consider giving me one for the first topic I made....thank you and Godbless... here is the link kind Sir/Ma'am
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2853929.msg29281252#msg29281252
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:36:24 AM
Merited by snipie (1)

I have made some infographic about merit in the early time, i will take a shot for this chance, thanks.

1. How Do You Feel About Merit System??
A statistic i made and made it into an infographic (well a graphic is an art), telling that people's feeling on merit and i made it per rank based, and surprisingly some newbie are positive about it.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2822349.msg28909933#msg28909933

2. Lets Break The QuestionAuthority NOW !!!
A statistic i made about QA merit activity to shows new member that merit is given to every ranks in the forum and in many boards in the forum, it just needs a good posts to take merit from people. It is shown on an infographic too.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2947171.msg30272338#msg30272338
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: