Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:50:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: One currency to rule them all?  (Read 630 times)
vandercent (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 04:24:49 AM

Maybe this has been brought up a million times, but looking at the current goals of a lot of financial apps. Do you think eventually it will just be something like BCC, LTC, NANO that is most highly adopted and just runs the others away?
Or, will it come to atomic swaps, where we have steadier market prices, and you can just pay with 6 different currencies to be converted over for payment?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 3817

🪸 NotYourKeys.org 🪸

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 04:34:27 AM

I personally think it will most likely be a couple of coins that will be highly used; but that's just my guess. Probably something like, bitcoin for bigger transactions, and litecoin for smaller ones; and ofcourse there's monero for private transactions(not necessarily illegal transactions).

P.S. I don't like Nano.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
cryptosluck

Activity: 107
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:03:20 PM

before we used to have only US dollar as one currency but bitcoin is the currency for net citizens and bitcoin will rule the internet here onwards all demonisation will be in satoshi
kueyen

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:57:42 PM

Probably not one currency, but the number of coins will be reduced drastically in the long run. Right now there is a "coin inflation", if you will, because a lot of people are trying to corner the crypto market by being the first movers. But once the dust settles, the number of coins will go down for sure.

cascano

Activity: 66

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:59:36 PM

The number of coins will probably be reduced to only essential projects that will be fully integrated into our day-to-day life. In order t be succesfull, these coins will have to be interchangeable between blockchains, this can be done by implementing sidechains that connect with each other to allow for interoperability.
Shutup

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:16:23 PM

Maybe this has been brought up a million times, but looking at the current goals of a lot of financial apps. Do you think eventually it will just be something like BCC, LTC, NANO that is most highly adopted and just runs the others away?
Or, will it come to atomic swaps, where we have steadier market prices, and you can just pay with 6 different currencies to be converted over for payment?

Yes I agree that if we have one currency,the world will have one order and one ruler or one presidency to ruled the whole world. In that case we will have a one world government that will rule over the world. To control one policy to the whole world to implement a high technology government to all nations. This is the big thing issue to the whole world for a hightech world. That will bring all people to connect in an electronic technology to be operate in the bodies of all mankind.
allthebitandbobs

Activity: 1162
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:23:30 PM

i highly doubt there ever be one supreme coin are even 10 coins .Jesus just looks at all the new coins coming otu not to talk about all the forks 2
spadormie

Activity: 840
Merit: 268

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:27:37 PM

You allowed 6 but not allowing others? I mean there are a lot of coins right now but it doesn't mean that we should not follow bitcoin, of course bitcoin is the king of all crypto. There's nothing to deny that. But a one currency to rule all of them? I don't think that's possible. Bitcoin is numbering out the coins by its potential.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM
adriaymati58

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:46:02 PM

Bitcoin could easily become the most popular currency in the world so I guess it has potential to rule the other ones

The best is yet to come!
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2954
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:55:15 PM

I don't think that will be happening any time. There might be fewer crypto currencies that managed to survive the market and with unique features. But they all will prevail the market and be used side by side just like gold and silver. The chances of only coin dominating the whole market is low since that one coin will not be able to give all the features available on other coins.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Bezobraznike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:00:15 PM

Bitcoin could easily become the most popular currency in the world so I guess it has potential to rule the other ones

Bitcoin can just rule on CoinMarkerCap, to be 1 place and to have the highest
price. In all other terms other alt-coins are separate chains and many of them
do not depend from bitcoin, just in term of trades when they are paired with Bitcoin.
   World needs many currencies, currencies should protect territorial economy, some
industry's, and for more and better answers you need to read economy a lot, I forgot
many things.
   Try to think of that like separate systems that needs each other to live and produce.
We need multiple currencies, that is why I believe that many alt-coins have a future in
this world beside Bitcoin. We need to work on having them along with Bitcoins, that is
my plan.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
pearlsome

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

MST Decentralize Robust AI Trading Platform!

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:25:57 PM

I personally think it will most likely be a couple of coins that will be highly used; but that's just my guess. Probably something like, bitcoin for bigger transactions, and litecoin for smaller ones; and ofcourse there's monero for private transactions(not necessarily illegal transactions).

P.S. I don't like Nano.

I agree with your opinion. I think this division would be appropriate. Now the cost of bitcoin's transaction in the network is getting cheaper. Therefore, I do not think that there will be six such currencies. One, two or three is the maximum.

◎ SALE STARTS ON MAY 3rd ◎ UTC+7:00 ◎
◦ ◈ ◊ ◦ ◊ ◈ ◦ MSTCOIN.IO ◦ ◈ ◊ ◦ ◊ ◈ ◦
◎ Decentralize AI Cryptocurrency Trading Platform ◎
  ◦ ◈ ◊◊ ◈ ◦
 ◦ ◈ ◊ ◦ ◊ ◈ ◦
   ◦ ◈ ◊◊ ◈ ◦
bug.lady

Activity: 196
Merit: 23

Large scale, green crypto mining ICO

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:51:54 PM

Probably not one currency, but the number of coins will be reduced drastically in the long run. Right now there is a "coin inflation", if you will, because a lot of people are trying to corner the crypto market by being the first movers. But once the dust settles, the number of coins will go down for sure.
It seems to be happening in waves: in 2014/15 there was a boom for new coins and literally hundreds of them were created, but they just went to be obsolete with few exceptions (doge, for that matter) when the wave has passed. Now there is a new wave but it will pass too. What remains after each new wave passes are those hundreds of coins worth a fraction of a dollar on coinmarketcap.com

Nhebu

Activity: 616

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:00:04 PM

When I was new in cryptocurrency, I wondered why there are many digital currencies circulating in the market? At first, I was confused by the purpose of different cryptocurrency since I've thought they are all the same but different in names and logos.
When I was started to join in the campaign, I've found out that there are different specs and usage of each coin. Some of them are secured coin, for large investment or small investment. They are the result of successful ICO.
Now, I am thinking that it might not good for the market to have just a few numbers of cryptocurrency. There will become a centralization with the remained crypto and may cause to a great crash since the people do not want to invest in a centralized manner.
Projects regarding in cryptocurrency might also lose.
Risktaker31

Activity: 420
Merit: 134

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 01:53:55 PM

Bitcoin can be surpassed by any Altcoins that are more efficient and more useful than the current bitcoin, because of its high fee and slower transaction(I always blame the traffic anyways) Some people said that Ethereum can surpass it cause almost all of the upcoming ICO project are being based on erc20.
shuvo999

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 10:02:58 AM

Bitcoin can be surpassed by any Altcoins that are more efficient and more useful than the current bitcoin, because of its high fee and slower transaction(I always blame the traffic anyways) Some people said that Ethereum can surpass it cause almost all of the upcoming ICO project are being based on erc20.

I don’t think any of altcoin is eligible to take seat of bitcoin, bitcoin is of unique nature its profit rates are also high see positivity of bitcoin and tell name of any altcoin which is progressing impressively nowadays.
hachiman13

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 01:46:07 PM

This are all just assumptions, theories and unproven claims that they can perform well compared to bitcoin. They need to reach the scale in which bitcoin is operating in first, which is several thousands of transactions per day, before it can be recognized as the altcoin which surpassed bitcoin.
Freegan

Activity: 167

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 09:23:29 PM

Recently I read a statement by Vitalik Buterin stating that he also see a future where only about five or six cryptos would dominate the majority of the market, which is not very far from the current reality, where the first five cryptocurrencies dominate 75% of the market. Perhaps the only difference would be that in the not too distant future there would not be such an overwhelming amount of cryptocurrencies and tokens in circulation as there would be a more restrictive regulation in this regard.
maximilian4aue

Activity: 113

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 06:18:10 PM

I'm all for cryptocurrency but this idea has always unnerved me, quite alot. The reason why I like cryptocurrency is because its free from manipulation by banks and government but at the same time if the world has only one currency it would be easier to manipulate humans as a whole.
katelynsk

Activity: 98
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 07:31:35 PM

one ring to rule them all... I don't believe that any currency can replace all other ones. The same trend will continue, as now - some coins will be more popular, some less, most will disappear eventually, the appearance of new ones will probably slow down over time. Look at the paper money - do you think that tomorrow everything, except, say, dollar, will be merged together? Maybe one day, but not soon.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: