Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 09:50:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: One currency to rule them all?  (Read 639 times)
mackenzied

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 07:40:08 PM

I'm all for cryptocurrency but this idea has always unnerved me, quite alot. The reason why I like cryptocurrency is because its free from manipulation by banks and government but at the same time if the world has only one currency it would be easier to manipulate humans as a whole.

But if so many currencies are present, is it good? If there is not a key currency, I think the market will be diluted, and the development will slow down, or even lose.

bedulook

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 07:55:54 PM

If there is any coin to rule them all,then I suggest is bitcoin. Bitcoin is the only cryptocurrency that had the volume and popularity to be a major online currency.
jpnl0002

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 07:57:41 PM

One currency to rule them all is just a perfect description of the blockchain technological innovation characterized by the decentralized framework. bitcoin has stood in that shoe to rule over other currencies and thereby making the world a better place. thanks
jshealth

Activity: 17

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 01:55:03 AM

Instead of one currency, i think it will be a handful of currencies. We cannot say which new currency can provide some legendary benefits and can outshine others.
bobtom

Activity: 6
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 03:17:14 AM

According to normal circumstances, bitcoin mining is completed,
The number of coins will only be less and less, that is to say, bitcoin will only decrease in number from the very beginning.
This will also promote the market price of Bitcoin. Until the end of bitcoin mining, the price of bitcoin will gradually stabilize and the band will slowly increase.
meanwords

Activity: 1624
Merit: 163

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 03:35:25 AM

Well, no doubt there's a lot of coins that are being created each day. But one day once the acceptance of cryptocurrency is fully developed, there will only be a handful of coins that are going to survive and those are the ones who have a real day to day use in our lives that are beneficial to the masses and of course, those who are well known. I think this is why most companies now a days are making cryptocurrency to make a step to boast their names in the upcoming future but never forget, Bitcoin will be the ruler of them.
juiceannabel

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:30:56 AM

Maybe this has been brought up a million times, but looking at the current goals of a lot of financial apps. Do you think eventually it will just be something like BCC, LTC, NANO that is most highly adopted and just runs the others away?
Or, will it come to atomic swaps, where we have steadier market prices, and you can just pay with 6 different currencies to be converted over for payment?

No, bitcoin only is enough to be a base currency for many crypto coins. Bitcoin is exist in every cryptocurrency exchange.
So, any coin that you want to buy, you can buy it with bitcoin. No need to create another currency to rule them all.
Vancomputer

Activity: 101

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 10:47:09 AM

To admit that some currencies are very common, but in my opinion we have to wait a while, and thanks to the interaction of many of them
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 11:05:15 AM

people are always too dramatic about these things. there is no "king" there is no "rule them all" and no other things like it either.

the problem is everything other than bitcoin is mostly shit so that bitcoin remains the only useful thing hence the "king". and as long as altcoins remain as pump and dumps this will not change.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
ambisyon

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 12:50:15 PM

In my opinion, I don't think that only one crypto currency will rule over the other currencies but rather lead the other alternative coins in the crypto market. Considering that there are many alternative coins and many ICO's coming in the market, I don't think that almost all of this coins will survive in a decade but perhaps some coins may become pump and dumps since many people would be hesitant to further check what is best alts for their plan investment since it has been a thousand ICO's and existing coins that are already in the market. Bitcoin will continue to lead as this is more usable coin in terms of service application as payment system and as a currency.

REME-COIN ● Marketplace with up to 100% Cashback
▬▬ ● ● ICO (PRE-SALE) START: 2 MAY 2018 ● ● ▬▬ (https://www.remecoin.io/)
JoseJoseJose

Activity: 138
Merit: 4

Varanida : Fair & Transparent Digital Ecosystem

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 01:15:24 PM

I think its not only about the payment. Just like other token that use to pay bloggers,For internet. Every coin has a different use of other coin. But, in issue about of decentralized coin. I think bitcoin deserves to be the one who will rule them all.
Suprittandon

Activity: 81

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 01:30:45 PM

Well, in my opinion, Bitcoin is the currency that rule on all other type of currencies but only in its respective fields. Currencies are natural monopolies because the usefulness of a currency increases with the number of people who are using it. A currency used by one person is useless, and a currency used by only a few thousand people is still pretty much useless. New cryptocurrencies will struggle to gain traction against an incumbent used by millions of people.
anhzaibro

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 01:44:23 PM

I think that only when the price of BTC is stable for a very long time, then the money is just to be recognized and paid attention. Uncertainty is worsening people's participation.
freesia_pnp888

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 05:50:48 AM

It can happen you know that, one coin gets more powerful each day and other coins following, but now we can't really tell which one
ladydark

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 11:52:18 PM
Last edit: June 18, 2018, 12:47:24 AM by ladydark

Maybe this has been brought up a million times, but looking at the current goals of a lot of financial apps. Do you think eventually it will just be something like BCC, LTC, NANO that is most highly adopted and just runs the others away?
Or, will it come to atomic swaps, where we have steadier market prices, and you can just pay with 6 different currencies to be converted over for payment?
Yes I think that only two or three coins would be used.But whatever the situation be,bitcoin would be the front runner.All other altcoins would be sent to trash.This is truly a crypto era occuring.

Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 03:03:54 AM

No, I don't think so because each and every currency has its own philosophy and it solves the different problem. While predicting something about future, I believe that we will have sector wise coins to deal with the payments of the individual sectors such as medical or food sector might have something called Medicoin or Foodcoin. However, it is true that we won't see the list of cryptocurrencies that we see today, most of them will vanish over the time.
demoltion

Activity: 85

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:47:38 AM

this is a very profitable and very efficient thing in my opinion because with one bitcoin currency alone it can be easy to do every transaction with just one click without having to hesitate
xuzukami

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:52:13 AM

In each country there are different currencies such as in China they have the yuan, Vietnam has million, Germany has the euro, or the dollar has, that is the currency of the country that
MiukoOk

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 04:41:43 AM

There i One currency to rule them all in the market, I only know that in the group of currencies with the highest value, each currency has its own characteristics and transactions it does not have the right to dominate
Falmera

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 11:13:44 AM

The number of coins will probably be reduced to only essential projects that will be fully integrated into our day-to-day life. In order t be succesfull, these coins will have to be interchangeable between blockchains, this can be done by implementing sidechains that connect with each other to allow for interoperability.
So true! If there will be lots of coins, I think the usability of each coin decreases since there are lots of choices. The investors will invest different coins therefore lesser demands for each of the crypto coins. Where as if there is few coins to choose bigger will be the demand dor each.

ORVIUM            Open and Transparent Science
『 https://orvium.io/ 』   Powered By Blockchain
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: