Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 08:56:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: One currency to rule them all?  (Read 639 times)
michellelandry30

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 12:27:36 PM

with all the numerous coins right now I don;t think there will only one currency in the future. We will just have to see soon enough what coins will remain surviving in the market.
Brama Jasa

Activity: 530
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 12:47:46 PM

Maybe this has been brought up a million times, but looking at the current goals of a lot of financial apps. Do you think eventually it will just be something like BCC, LTC, NANO that is most highly adopted and just runs the others away?
Or, will it come to atomic swaps, where we have steadier market prices, and you can just pay with 6 different currencies to be converted over for payment?

I would agree if bitcoin becomes the benchmark for converting currency. Why ? to expand the crypto currency market in need of 1 currency to be able to convert all coins so that the system will continue, and if using other coins what can survive like bitcoin?
Xenrise

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 01:10:09 PM

It's not that one currency can rule all. It's like a government or a system. As I'm saying it is like a government in which the president is only the ruler. It needs officials such as vice president and secretaries to work. Just like bitcoin, it cannot run by bitcoin itself. It needs altcoins.
rye18

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 01:20:23 PM

It's not that one currency can rule all. It's like a government or a system. As I'm saying it is like a government in which the president is only the ruler. It needs officials such as vice president and secretaries to work. Just like bitcoin, it cannot run by bitcoin itself. It needs altcoins.
I agree and maybe bitcoin is the supreme to rule over all altcoins but still bitcoin need altcoins to make the cryptocurrency market run smoothly and become progressive.
Siminarota

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 03:01:45 PM

There are no coins that can be ruled out of fiat, in my opinion fiat is still the world currency and they will not be replaced by any other coin. The liquidity of fiat money is too high
Ayaah

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 10:27:45 PM

Maybe this has been brought up a million times, but looking at the current goals of a lot of financial apps. Do you think eventually it will just be something like BCC, LTC, NANO that is most highly adopted and just runs the others away?
Or, will it come to atomic swaps, where we have steadier market prices, and you can just pay with 6 different currencies to be converted over for payment?

I think time will come that bitcoin rule as a main currency because of the strong demand of the people all over the world. They wants to use bitcoin because they feel comfortable and secure.
sammyp

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 10:55:54 AM

I am of the view that the multi currency system will continue to exist but just a few currencies will spearhead the system. That is a factor beyond control as just a few currencies will continue to impress the public thus increase their usage and coverage area. I will be bold in saying that bitcoin will be the leader of those currencies to be on top.

███████           C O M P R O   F I N A N C E           ███████
The DeFi Way of Synthetic Assets & Trading
│     TELEGRAM     │      TWITTER      │       REDDIT       │      MEDIUM      │
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: