Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:13:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will countries or central banks create their own cryptocurrency?  (Read 3192 times)
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 07:09:35 PM

A few countries and central banks have been talking about “digital currency”, and most of them are carefully ignoring the term “crypto”. Fact is- digital currency is not the same as cryptocurrency. These countries/central banks are recognizing the benefits of the digital currency features of cryptocurrency, but they don’t want any of the decentralized uncertainties that come with blockchain-based currencies.
Will countries or central banks create their own cryptocurrency?

I actually believe that countries and Central banks would definitely issue their own cryptocurrencies as they are quiet fascinated by the idea of the cryptocurrencies but as you have written that they would only take the digital part.
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 06:43:45 AM

A few countries and central banks have been talking about “digital currency”, and most of them are carefully ignoring the term “crypto”. Fact is- digital currency is not the same as cryptocurrency. These countries/central banks are recognizing the benefits of the digital currency features of cryptocurrency, but they don’t want any of the decentralized uncertainties that come with blockchain-based currencies.

it's true that digital currency differs from cryptocurrency, and I read in an article that many big Banks are already working with IBM Blockchain to use Blockchain technology from IBM and maybe after this many banks will make their own cryptocurrency.
let us hope so, but I believe over the years, a whole lot will end up changing in the world of cryptocurrency considering the level at which things are turning out gradually with a lot of countries trying to see how they can embrace the idea of blockchain technology at large and get to see how it can favor the economy in the process. It is already happening and I will not be surprised if we start seeing some increase in numbers.
goku1525

Activity: 420
Merit: 50

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 07:10:30 AM

it's true that digital currency differs from cryptocurrency, and I read in an article that many big Banks are already working with IBM Blockchain to use Blockchain technology from IBM and maybe after this many banks will make their own cryptocurrency.
let us hope so, but I believe over the years, a whole lot will end up changing in the world of cryptocurrency considering the level at which things are turning out gradually with a lot of countries trying to see how they can embrace the idea of blockchain technology at large and get to see how it can favor the economy in the process. It is already happening and I will not be surprised if we start seeing some increase in numbers.
If central banks create their own currency its totally wasting of time because they cannot beat bitcoin efficiency as the matter of fact bitcoin is the most popular coin all over the world I think it will remain the number one currency and has a futuristic currency.
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:05:49 AM

Those countries that tried to create their own cryptocurrencies are likely to collect money from investors.
And after that their coin will be dumped and they will go to the usual money fiat system.
It's the reason why if a country will launch its own coin, investors will still choose bitcoin.
It is very unlikely that a country releasing their own cryptocurrency is going to require investors after all they are not a private corporation and even more importantly they have the printing machine they can print as much money as they want in order to impulse that cryptocurrency among the public, but make no mistake no cryptocurrency created by a government is ever going to be as good as bitcoin not because they cannot make one as good as bitcoin but because they do not want to do it.
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 07:19:16 AM

Eehm… I have seen many people raise such idea, but it wasn’t accepted. If any central bank release their own cryptocurrencyI don’t think it would be accepted by the majority of investors, because people will be suspicious of them, to avoid being traced. I know that Bitcoin itself is not really anonymous, but it seems to be more secured than anything bank will have to offer.
Apparently, no investor will even want to put their funds in a centralized currency in the first place and it will not have any difference with respect to holding fiat, but for means of adopting the blockchain technology and not having to print much money anymore since a lot of countries are already going cashless anyway, that may be a step towards wanting to embrace blockchain technology but I guess we have to see how it goes.

I do foresee that they will create their own cryptos but they cannot succeed with that as core part of cryptos is decentralization when it is not being featured in one system then it may fail in short run itself.
marsmyname

Activity: 332
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 07:56:54 AM

A few countries and central banks have been talking about “digital currency”, and most of them are carefully ignoring the term “crypto”. Fact is- digital currency is not the same as the cryptocurrency. These countries/central banks are recognizing the benefits of the digital currency features of cryptocurrency, but they don’t want any of the decentralized uncertainties that come with blockchain-based currencies.

I think so. Central bank countries around the World must have plans to create their own crystals in their country. Because these banks know that the digital currency is very profitable for each person and even the state. We'll see the progress later.
If all the central banks started issuing the crypto currencies, then there will be very less advantages left for the users because now bitcoin is not owned by any central bank so it is providing the maximum benefits to the people and there are already Research and development is working on more new ideas to get the easiness for the people. Countries will not offer these things and also will put more restrictions into this, then the countries with more population will have the more popular currency. These things are going to create a lot of questions for countries backed cryptos.

anntlevel

Activity: 286
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 11:03:48 AM

Some countries have already launched their own cryptocurrencies and more will be joining in the future. Cryptocurrencies are traditionally decentralized and not even the government's central bank can control it but this is also one of the reasons why some governments wants to create own virtual coin. Some central banks thinks that they would also benefit from creating their own cryptocurrency because it impossible to counterfeit because it is cryptographically secured and can't be copied.
Yeah, cryptocurrencies like petro and co. I am not sure how this is going to fly knowing that these are going to be centralized anyway but I am really eager and trying to see how it is all going to play out. I believe a lot of countries are surely going to be adopting the blockchain technology to see how they can benefit from it, and for that fact, it would really help a lot in the economy of such countries, well, if they use it well.
SHawk

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 11:47:22 AM

If Venezuela, Switzerland, Japan and few others like that are already planning having their own cryptocurrencies, we should realize they have initially supported Bitcoin and its features on Block chain. These countries are advanced for culture sake and so, technologically inclined. How many countries around the world knows indepthly what Bitcoin entails, not to talk of supporting it or creating their own Cryptos. May be, later in future when this awareness had circulated enough and many of the undeveloped and less developed ones had developed, creation of their own cryptocurrency can then be achieved
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 12:08:16 PM

i believe that theres a country that created his own cryto,but im not sure though i dont think thiis is appropriate for each country or banks creating cryptocurrency because the essence of coins will be dishonorably because the privacy of every coins and the users would be at stakes.better for them to support a coin here,and dont out theyre own head inside the box
cryptoalfs76

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

▰▰▰ MODULE ▰▰&#9

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 12:18:53 PM

Actually as far as i know,that there is aggrement between the cryptocurrency and central banks to collaborate there resources to serve for economic growth of there own country just like happen now in  my own country that central bank are  willing to accept the virtual  currency system as part of the economic  growing and not to make there own  digital currency system that can adversary the original cryptocurrency.

MMM005

Activity: 384
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 12:43:45 PM

In my opinion, Countries or central banks maybe create their own cryptocurrency, But it depends on the country and its measuring of progress.

few countries now, then almost all countries but it's not the suitable time. I think countries/central banks have a fear of cryptocurrency, Anyway cryptocurrency will be the future!
Cherrybomb

Activity: 114
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 02:55:06 AM

The tv was well-known on the trend of bitcoin so the bank was willing to go about it currency is not the same as cryptocurrency. These countries/central banks are recognizing the benefits of the digital currency future.
alroys

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 03:58:04 AM

it could happen, because the times progressed and more modern .. of course a country and the central bank will make new innovations to compensate for the advancement of the times. Currently Bitcoin as the digital currency of its existence is increasingly widespread and growing, it is possible that will be motivated by a country and central banks to create their own cryptocurrency.
Rustamm

Activity: 532
Merit: 18

Bitcoin lover!

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 04:49:15 AM

Many states and central banks will soon create their own centralized crypto currency, which can be fully managed, as opposed to the existing decentralized crypto currency. They will try to confuse people, and since they can not stop the general introduction of a decentralized crypto currency, they will try to shift people's interest in using their centralized coins. After all, the total mass of people is still difficult to understand the differences of these crypto-currencies. Decentralized and centralized digital coins will walk for a long time in parallel with each other and this will be a good competition for the championship.
fiorilia

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 05:09:03 AM

I think this is a good thing. Indeed some countries have such discourse and only a few are already realized. This I think would be useful for the future of later and seemed to indirectly also supports the existence of crypto.
mutrang23

Activity: 484

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 05:13:52 AM

I have read articles that say that many countries and central banks are planning to create their own Crypto because Blockchain is becoming more and more popular. Crypto increasingly affects the investment trends of the investors in the world. Many countries and banks are trying to trending.
omar bakrie

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 06:42:28 AM

A few countries and central banks have been talking about “digital currency”, and most of them are carefully ignoring the term “crypto”. Fact is- digital currency is not the same as the cryptocurrency. These countries/central banks are recognizing the benefits of the digital currency features of cryptocurrency, but they don’t want any of the decentralized uncertainties that come with blockchain-based currencies.

I'm sure someday the countries around the World will create their own cryptocurrency in their country. Those who do not like Bitcoin will have a way to keep people from entering Bitcoin and joining their own crypto. I believe this can happen.
Palmholder

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 07:52:27 AM

Head of russian Central Bank Elvira Nabiullina told she plans to create crypto ruble last year, but noone rushes to do it nowadays. Ministry of Finance has different opinion, crypto ruble may threat secret financial flows, they think.
   Anyway if Central Bank will ever create nation crypto currency it will has not bitcoin's features, it will not provide anonymity, will not be mineable

cheeseandcrackers

Activity: 155
Merit: 16

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 09:18:46 AM

I think they're going to have to try and create their own cryptocurrencies because as time goes on people are going to move away from using banks in general.  I mean, it took me three weeks to send money somewhere once, what kind of bullshit is that?  I had to pay fees as well, to wait three weeks to be allowed to use my money the way I wanted.  Crypto changes the game, and it scares the shit out of the banking industry, as it should.  Some things need to be torn down so that better things can be rebuilt in their place, and the banking system is one of the worst things about the entire planet.
Burogh

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

COVIR.IO

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 10:25:34 AM

I think central banks just want digital currency and not cryptocurrency. Cryptocurrency always decentralized and off course central bank can not control it. Central banks always want to control money supply and I dont believe they will make cryptocurrency that they can not control like cryptocurrency

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: