Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 08:45:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will countries or central banks create their own cryptocurrency?  (Read 3192 times)
Ca.ming14

Activity: 143
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 10:58:43 AM

I think it's possible,  since banks and other countries recognise what Cryptocurriencies can bring to people, other countries and even social flatform started to ban decentralise cryptocurrencies. So, in my opinion it might happen.
3la9l_kolbaCa

Activity: 924
Merit: 250

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 12:09:52 PM

As I can remember, there is a country that tried to make their own digital currency. I do not know what really happened but I think that is not released. Countries will be making their own crypto currency since it is the future of money. In the future we can see digital currencies used by almost all of the people in the world not as an asset but as a common currency.

I see also that other countries really tried to make their own cryptocurrencies and they name it as digital money instead. Maybe they oversee that soon it will run all over the world the cryptocurrencies. Although it happens now a days but only few people knew on how to use it but sooner it will totally implemented by the help of government.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
molenracing

Activity: 199

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 01:10:19 PM

It is possible to see the current rapid development of Cryptocurrency, probably to motivate a country or Central Bank to create their own Cryptocurrency. because I think the emergence of Cryptocurrency world is a sign that the era is more modern, and if the state wants to come into this world must create crytocurrency. Let the country can advance more rapidly.
giffen

Activity: 19

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 01:40:28 PM

Head of russian Central Bank Elvira Nabiullina told she plans to create crypto ruble last year, but noone rushes to do it nowadays. Ministry of Finance has different opinion, crypto ruble may threat secret financial flows, they think.
   Anyway if Central Bank will ever create nation crypto currency it will has not bitcoin's features, it will not provide anonymity, will not be mineable

Based on the info I encounter the work is actively in progress. Bank of Russia and some major commercial banks are working together on a national ethereum-based blockchain called Masterchain.

According to the BIS classification (https://www.bis.org/cpmi/publ/d174.htm) this concept looks like wholesale CBDC. It will help facilitate payments in financial markets and interbank transactions.
I think that creation of a wholesale CBDC is a question of near future. Unlike a general purpose digital currency which could act as a substitute for cash/commercial bank money and would require much more research and regulatory changes.

Concerning the Finance Ministry, they have introduced a draft of law recently which would effectively enable doing ICOs in Russia. Not sure which secret flows you mean though, but from what I see they look at crypto even more favorably than the central bank.

Birin016

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 02:54:00 AM

I don't think if central bank can make their own currency, because make own currency need a permission from government on their countries .if government accept ,then they can make own currency. But i dont think their currency will be work for global payments
Snaic

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 03:29:44 AM

We are already witnessing that some countries are trying to create and create their own centralized crypto currency. Therefore, there is no doubt that they will continue to do so in the future. The most famous so far is the Venezuelan coin of Petro, which is provided with oil. So far, it has been fairly successful. Centralized digital coins of other states are not so popular. I'm still expecting the release of centralized digital coins in China and Russia to see how much these coins will be successful and how they will compete with decentralized crypto currency. This is a very interesting question, which will greatly influence the future of the entire crypto currency. However, these big states are not yet in a hurry to create them, or they have become convinced of their inefficiency.

Alpinat

Activity: 840
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 04:16:24 AM

A few countries and central banks have been talking about “digital currency”, and most of them are carefully ignoring the term “crypto”. Fact is- digital currency is not the same as cryptocurrency. These countries/central banks are recognizing the benefits of the digital currency features of cryptocurrency, but they don’t want any of the decentralized uncertainties that come with blockchain-based currencies.
Will countries or central banks create their own cryptocurrency?

Well there is a big possibilities that this statement will happen there are some banks that are now clearing their doubts in cryptocurrency and that will leads to creating their own crypto coin and in the near future all people will be involved in cryptocurrrency.
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 06:20:32 PM

The tv was well-known on the trend of bitcoin so the bank was willing to go about it currency is not the same as cryptocurrency. These countries/central banks are recognizing the benefits of the digital currency future.
They are not actually blind to see the benefit that blockchain technology brings to the whole country in itself and it is obvious they are really going to be exploring this area in the long run.

Some countries are already trying to do this while some are already looking into it, so at the end, I believe this would somehow throw out the idea of paper currency as we see things get better and actually will help the country's development if adopted as there should be more transparency, accountability within the governmental and banking system.
valentinen39

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 06:23:08 PM

A few countries and central banks have been talking about “digital currency”, and most of them are carefully ignoring the term “crypto”. Fact is- digital currency is not the same as cryptocurrency. These countries/central banks are recognizing the benefits of the digital currency features of cryptocurrency, but they don’t want any of the decentralized uncertainties that come with blockchain-based currencies.

Yes they might create their own cryptocurrency in the future since bitcoins today is growing even more in the market and popularity in social media's are everywhere so investing today will make you rich in the future.
Ishiro5
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2018, 06:33:48 PM

Creation of national digital currencies may eventually become inevitable for governments as part of the step to their wanton desire to control things in the crypto space.
BitProCoin

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 06:52:54 PM

This is possible to happen in a country having actively participating in cryptocurrency if the government will accept to legalized the digital currency as part of the national currency in the there country.
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 07:29:03 PM

I think this is a good thing. Indeed some countries have such discourse and only a few are already realized. This I think would be useful for the future of later and seemed to indirectly also supports the existence of crypto.
We are still in the early stage and I am sure some countries will actually adopt the technology faster than the other based on how they are eager to grab and make it functional within the banking system. Over time, once few countries starts, the others will use them as a case study and then we will start seeing others taking the action as well. We all know the countries with fewer infrastructures will always be the last on the scene anyway but I believe this is something we will get to see over time.

This is possible to happen in a country having actively participating in cryptocurrency if the government will accept to legalized the digital currency as part of the national currency in the there country.
In my understanding, countries may first try their own cryptos first and after that they will realize the importance of having a common crypto (similar to euro). So, there are interesting years ahead for sure.
NeeNts

Activity: 72

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 05:49:24 PM

I believe some countries have already started creating their own crypto coins. I read already there are many corporate crypto coins are finding success like ripple. Then why not government may try creating their own coins ?
Cryptoproff

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 05:50:41 PM

I think it's possible. They can make and release their own digital currency, but the main point here is if it will be useful for their banks and if people will appreciate this digital currency.
Averim

Activity: 515
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 05:56:36 PM

This is an idea that i like, banks creating their own cryptocoin, it would be hilarious, considering all their critics, but in the same time it would be amazing, that would be a power exercise for blockchain tech.
redsap

Activity: 336

Harmony for One and All

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 05:57:37 PM

yeah it may be happen, in this kind of situation right now and cryptocurrency is a future tech that we can't mess up and can developing into it full development

multic2012

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 06:27:35 PM

In Venezuela already has its own crypto currency ElPetro, here's an example for you !! It seems to me that after that, other countries will also create their own crypto currency. So this is the future.
beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1160

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 06:57:03 PM

it could happen, because the times progressed and more modern .. of course a country and the central bank will make new innovations to compensate for the advancement of the times. Currently Bitcoin as the digital currency of its existence is increasingly widespread and growing, it is possible that will be motivated by a country and central banks to create their own cryptocurrency.
This is digital age and obviously everything is gradually beginning to go digital even as we see money beginning to enter the evolution phase as well. So many countries have already stated the obvious that blockchain technology is the future and they are ready to embrace it.

Now, I am not sure how other cryptocurrencies will fill this space since they are decentralized but even with the countries having their own system, it would still end up centralized but with so many opportunities for the country if this is adopted.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
ahmad21

Activity: 672
Merit: 271

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 08:09:35 PM

Yes, the countries which have negative attitude towards Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies can create their own cryptocurrency for the investors in their countries. This will be mostly done by those countries which do not want to lose their power on this financial system. When the countries will create their own cryptocurrencies then these will be regulated and the power will be in the hands of government only.
Freddie Aguiluz

Activity: 401
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 07:45:22 AM

I don't think any country will create a fully public, P2P, blockchain-based cryptocurrency. Instead they will create currencies on blockchain platforms that are permissioned and that can be controlled.

I think it will be useless for banks to create their own cryptocurrencies, banks can't do anything from stopping digital currencies from destroying banks.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: