Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:53:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will countries or central banks create their own cryptocurrency?  (Read 3189 times)
ruski

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 01:47:38 PM

I heard before already that some countries started to create their own centralized cryptocurrencies, and encouraging their citizens to use them, but the response is not encouraging right now, because most people dont believe in such centralized and controlled local currencies, and want to focus only with the decentralized crypto.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cryptoalfs76

Activity: 406

▰▰▰ MODULE ▰▰&#9

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 02:06:09 PM

A few countries and central banks have been talking about “digital currency”, and most of them are carefully ignoring the term “crypto”. Fact is- digital currency is not the same as cryptocurrency. These countries/central banks are recognizing the benefits of the digital currency features of cryptocurrency, but they don’t want any of the decentralized uncertainties that come with blockchain-based currencies.
Will countries or central banks create their own cryptocurrency?

will i never been heard a news feed  thats there some countries create  their own cryptocurrency in order to competite into the  first one running now cryptocurrency,otherwhile there some issue in the country of china,that they prohibited to enter some foreign ICO project,because they want to make their own cryptocurrency in there own country,but those collaboration about some country and central bank,i thinks that news is absurd.

pernah ada

Activity: 95
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 03:30:44 PM

it can happen, because they have authority from the government, maybe their goal is to create cryptocurrency to compete with bitcoin.
lifetimebitcoins

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 04:58:02 PM

Sweden already created their own crypto coin called e-Krona. China and India both are planning to start their own coin                                                   
Syakbrown

Activity: 354
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 08:16:44 PM

in my judgment in the future this could happen because many countries want a tax for crypto transactions. then this indirectly they want it but must be in their control and can be detected, moreover there are already countries that want it directly.
BlackBeauty

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 08:53:06 PM

in my judgment in the future this could happen because many countries want a tax for crypto transactions. then this indirectly they want it but must be in their control and can be detected, moreover there are already countries that want it directly.
Yes and secondly i think it will never beneficial as like bitcoin currency because bitcoin is giving a lot of benefits for people and that's why many people earn much more money and if banks ate create their own currency as like bitcoin so people will trust in bitcoin and invest in also this currency.
MiXxe

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:49:00 PM

[State cryptocurrency watch]

This news item is about one week old:

Marshall Islands Officially Make Crypto Their Sovereign National Currency

Their new national cryptocurrency is called the Sovereign (SOV) and will be the official legal tender for businesses and the 53,000 citizens of the Pacific islands.

I guess it will be some kind of Tether-like "backed stablecoin", only that the issuer is a state and not a private business.

This will only happen when the government of a specific country accepted the use of cryptocurrency.
Actually i dont know why they are so much against it. But I do believe that it is possible that they will be the ine who shall issue that.

intoy_victor

Activity: 266
Merit: 16

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 11:47:14 PM

To make an altcoin is need a big fund to have a own crypto coin. Like Many Pacquiao are planing to make his own crypto coin and it will named by his name to. The "Pac coin" but I don't know he will countinue his plan.
slyfox

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:45:50 AM

A few countries and central banks have been talking about “digital currency”, and most of them are carefully ignoring the term “crypto”. Fact is- digital currency is not the same as cryptocurrency. These countries/central banks are recognizing the benefits of the digital currency features of cryptocurrency, but they don’t want any of the decentralized uncertainties that come with blockchain-based currencies.

They will eventually do something like that but no one will care after all if you are using fiat why would you like to hold a cryptocurrency issued by your governments, it does not make a lot of sense if you ask me, and if you are holding cryptocurrencies why are you going to need to use such coins when you already have a product that is way better.
Linhkej

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 03:01:32 AM

I do not think they will create their own electronic money, instead, they will cooperate with Crypto companies to expand their business model.
I think that is the best option because the banks have been listed on the stock market. They have enough capital to carry out their business and investment strategies, so they will not need to be listed on the Crypto market anymore.
jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2018, 04:03:05 AM

They will create their own blockchain if they can see that it is more advantageous for them if they create a cryptocurrency that they can control compared to the existing cryptocurrencies that they can't control. At least if they make their own private blockchain then they would be able to monitor the transactions and corruption in the government would be lessened or be totally eliminated. They cannot eliminate the fiat though because of some limitations like some people cannot access it or would not know how to use the gadgets so fiat would still be needed for them to have access to funds.

lekegami

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:26:31 PM

While governments are wary of creating their own crypto currencies. They have not yet decided on the general policy in the crypto market and what consequences for them can from its development.
Pinoyfan

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:35:32 PM

That a good thing for every country that accepting cryptocurrency. Cause its is good at their economy and technology in the right now is that they are just my opinion the world at large, and the future. Cause we have to invest, and the future. Cause I am enjoying reading this way to invest it. I am enjoying a countries, but I believe right now.
Vatimins

Activity: 987
Merit: 289

Blue0x.com

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 09:22:45 PM

Yes, I have also observed this. In fact, I do believe that there really is a big possibility that the governments and the banks in various countries may just go and make their own version of digital currencies that are somewhat same with the current crypto currencies that are present in this industry today. This is to enjoy the innovation that the cryptos bring without the uncertainties and to divert the people's attention from cryptos to digital money by fooling them that the two are the same.

░░           ▒░     
      ░▒▓▓░           ░▒▒░░░ 
   ▒▓▓██▒░              ▒▓▒▒▒▒
 ▓█▓▓█▒                 ▒▒░░▒▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░              ░▒▒▒░░ ▒
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓█▒
   ░▒▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░
       ░▒█▓▓█████▓▓▓▓▓▓█▒▒░  
        ░██████▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓█▒    
         ███▓▓▓░░▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▒    
         ░██▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▒░░   
           ▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▒░░    
             ▒▒▒▒▓▓▒░
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
trand

Activity: 252

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 12:09:42 AM

Yes, I have also observed this. In fact, I do believe that there really is a big possibility that the governments and the banks in various countries may just go and make their own version of digital currencies that are somewhat same with the current crypto currencies that are present in this industry today. This is to enjoy the innovation that the cryptos bring without the uncertainties and to divert the people's attention from cryptos to digital money by fooling them that the two are the same.
I agree

Kakawate

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 01:12:21 AM

In my opinion, as the world evolves to a better and a more convenient one, theses new technologies are the ones to back it up, now if the world is enjoying the advantage of this cryptocurrency system, then I don’t see why not only a country, but the whole world should adapt it.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1128

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 09:43:12 AM

While governments are wary of creating their own crypto currencies. They have not yet decided on the general policy in the crypto market and what consequences for them can from its development.
Mostly those countries are thinking over this who have been involved in bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies for long time. Like japan and Korea and few others. But those who even didn’t allow their citizens to utilize this chance and make money through this coins, how can even think of making their own crypto. This is light of success who isn’t available for everyone rather only few get enlightened.
CryptoManiac3

Activity: 85

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 10:33:27 AM

I wouldn't be surprised. If you can't beat them join them right? I mean, there's already ripple. If cryptocurrencies gets strong enough I don't think governments will have a choice, including those that have banned cryptocurrencies. It would only be a matter of time.
JeramiParan

Activity: 110
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 10:37:14 AM

Theres a possibility that central banks create their own cryptocurrency if they adopt the system. Bitcoin is very known today, if i were a bank owner thinking about the profit then i must accept bitcoin and its system.
Cotton Candy

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 10:54:57 AM

Maybe yes after 50 years or.more because if they see that qll the people are using the digital coins of course there.qill no one using the banks so the thing is the cash will be extinct in that time and the bank will cope up with the new thing which is the digital money and they will create their own money and be competitive with some other coins of course they will always represent a country and the people will start using them because if they will do it now not all people will use.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: