Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 02:52:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will countries or central banks create their own cryptocurrency?  (Read 3192 times)
EnricoGomez

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 11:08:58 AM

Yes, pretty sure they are most likely to. We have transitioned over the digital era which obviously means everything is digitalized. It is not a distant thought to actually digitalized money. Cryptocurrencies really have the advantage compared to the traditional fiat which is commonly considered but they have to put it to thought that it is most likely to be used in illicit activities.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 11:18:10 AM

While governments are wary of creating their own crypto currencies. They have not yet decided on the general policy in the crypto market and what consequences for them can from its development.
I think they will not do that, they hesitate to create a crypto because their system is different from the government's financial system. even though the government is a developer they will not be able to be a controller in their own crypto, since the crypto system itself is decentralized
popoyuyun

Activity: 152
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 12:00:28 PM

Maybe they will do that but they also have to compete in this crypto world. Because it is not easy to compete with other crypto currency.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 12:14:35 PM

While governments are wary of creating their own crypto currencies. They have not yet decided on the general policy in the crypto market and what consequences for them can from its development.
I think they will not do that, they hesitate to create a crypto because their system is different from the government's financial system. even though the government is a developer they will not be able to be a controller in their own crypto, since the crypto system itself is decentralized
It depends on the type of cryptocurrency because even it is called a cryptocurrency then there is still an option for itself to be decentralized or centralized. Just like Ripple, which is one of the well known and one of the top cryptocurrency, overall, it is a centralized cryptocurrency because it is more on into banks.
supercanada1

Activity: 798
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 08:51:47 PM

Theres a possibility that central banks create their own cryptocurrency if they adopt the system. Bitcoin is very known today, if i were a bank owner thinking about the profit then i must accept bitcoin and its system.
But even if the central banks create their own currency, it will not be Bitcoin and another type pf technology. Even if you are allowed to invest in the currency issued by the central bank, you might know nothing about Bitcoin if you move to a country where Bitcoin is legal. I think there should be a same decentralized system of Bitcoin which will enable the users to use it anywhere around the world.
ROB18

Activity: 380
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 10:57:29 PM

There is a possibility that banks will do this. I remember attending  a seminar in one of the top university in the Philippines and they quoted that central bank is very much interest in the blockchain technology as it possess a lot of aspects to facilitate government processes efficient and cost effective. But with regards to crypto, I'm sure they will venture to it on a manner that they have a proper regulation. Let see Smiley

███   ████     Bitgesell's first yearly halving is coming in less than a month!     ████   ███
B I T G E S E L L      BUY BGL/USDT NOW AT DIGIFINEX
██               ████████     •     Telegram     •     Twitter     •     ████████               ██
BlackBeauty

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 11:11:14 PM

There is a possibility that banks will do this. I remember attending  a seminar in one of the top university in the Philippines and they quoted that central bank is very much interest in the blockchain technology as it possess a lot of aspects to facilitate government processes efficient and cost effective. But with regards to crypto, I'm sure they will venture to it on a manner that they have a proper regulation. Let see Smiley
Yes i think they will create their own digital currency because they saw to people that how people take interest in bitcoin so that's why banks will create a crypto currency but i know it will never beneficial as like bitcoin and people will fear from it and that's why banks crypto currency will fail in short period.
Polkadott

Activity: 125
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 12:14:07 AM

in my country The central bank is reviewing the existence of cryptocurrency and blockchain and I think this can happen. creating a digital currency for their own country whose prices are not easily changed
thecoder2017

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 12:47:53 AM

Maybe some countries are planning to create their own crypto currencies but they must be equipped with that modern blockchain technology because its different from fiat money so maybe they will have a hard time to implement their own coins.
Indai24

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 11:42:01 AM

Maybe some countries are planning to create their own crypto currencies but they must be equipped with that modern blockchain technology because its different from fiat money so maybe they will have a hard time to implement their own coins.

Yes I believe some countries may create their own cryptocurrency but I guess it's gonna be hard for them to create their own. It needs to have a thorough research and must be studied as well.
slyfox

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 02:14:39 AM

A few countries and central banks have been talking about “digital currency”, and most of them are carefully ignoring the term “crypto”. Fact is- digital currency is not the same as cryptocurrency. These countries/central banks are recognizing the benefits of the digital currency features of cryptocurrency, but they don’t want any of the decentralized uncertainties that come with blockchain-based currencies.
Will countries or central banks create their own cryptocurrency?

I do not think they will create their own electronic money, instead, they will cooperate with Crypto companies to expand their business model.
I think that is the best option because the banks have been listed on the stock market. They have enough capital to carry out their business and investment strategies, so they will not need to be listed on the Crypto market anymore.
If governments are smart they are not going to delegate the responsibility and the privilege to print money to anyone else, if you take the time to think about what makes governments powerful you will soon realize they are that powerful, not only because of their size and the amount of information they have about you, they are powerful because they can print money.
tikanurqaidah

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 02:18:12 AM

in my country Bank Indonesia claims to be reviewing the use of modern integrated transaction logging technology (blockchain), including reviewing to issue the central bank digital currency (CBDC) for domestic payment system. this is very good because the times of this all sophisticated is very needed
lehuong

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 02:34:11 AM

Central banks do not like to hear about cryptanalysis because the bank itself will not manage as well as control the financial situation and the total number of btc that people are holding.
Alns

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 11:15:37 AM

Banks would never accept cryptocurrency being that way they are right now, so they need to change their statements for the first step
spongegar

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 11:17:49 AM

I'm pretty sure they'll do that. Since both banks and countries have resources enough to pull it off. The coin is pretty much useless without a project and both a country and bank could provide one. Imagine a country or bank having they're own wallet to do and exchange with. That's actually awesome.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
Bitcoincole

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 02:14:09 PM

You should watch the show Mr Robot. In the season 2 it goes full crypto, and there is a way of governments vs Bitcoin. The script predicts what I was predicting myself, and that is, a future in which governments want to control 100% what you do with no possible notions anymore for privacy, except they didn't count with bitcoin delivering financial freedom.

They have a cryptocurrency (developed by E Corp) that is closed source and they control everything and they hate Bitcoin since it bursted their Orwellian dream's bubble.
Whoa.. Mr.Robot seems to be the new fap - material Grin
To the OP, countries have already started to create their own coins but who gives a shit. It will never come close to bitcoin due to obvious reasons. There ain't no shit to worry about.

I think anything is possible for different countries or central bank to create their own cryptocurrency since they have the power, the influence and the resources to do so. However, it may take a lot of time but still not impossible to be realized.
BitcoinMarketer39

Activity: 392

ADABsSsSsSsSSSsS

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 02:20:31 PM

A few countries and central banks have been talking about “digital currency”, and most of them are carefully ignoring the term “crypto”. Fact is- digital currency is not the same as cryptocurrency. These countries/central banks are recognizing the benefits of the digital currency features of cryptocurrency, but they don’t want any of the decentralized uncertainties that come with blockchain-based currencies.

Those banks should not ignore cryptocurrency because it is a threat to their business, if every people in the world chooses to use cryptocurrency more than placing their fiat or cash in the banks then they will lose a huge amount of profit or earnings from tax and government will be affected.

Raufjoze

Activity: 317
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 08:28:55 AM

most people do not believe in a centralized and controlled local currency, and just want to focus on decentralized crypto and I've heard before that some countries are starting to create their own centralized cryptocurrency, and encourage their citizens to use it, but the response is not encouraging now
Scripture

Activity: 1303
Merit: 128

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 08:38:34 AM

Im thinking of this last time. I guess they can create their own cryptocurrency based on their local currencies and use them for cryptocurrency transaction from country to country. In this way, countries will require to have a local crypto and it would be legal all over the world.
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 08:45:05 AM

Have you seen how Venezuela's "petro" cryptocurrency panned out? It was a flop worse than your average shitcoin ICO.

The problem with the idea of each country creating their own crypto is that it contradicts the purpose of cryptocurrencies in the first place. Crypto was designed to be borderless and free from centralization. Crypto is here to make the world a better place and not be a rehashed version of our current financial system.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: