Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:48:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: why hackers can get into Myetherwallet  (Read 640 times)
Heisenberg_Hunter
Legendary

Activity: 1584
Merit: 1278

Heisenberg Design Services

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 09:37:36 AM

mew has many phishing websites which are similar to the original website. You could have come under the attack of the phishing website where you could have entered your private keys or you must have used them in a public computer where someone might have stolen your key. I have been using mew for past 1 year and I have been experiencing no issues with them as I store the keys very secretly or store them in a very safe place. You should only login in to the mew while you are transferring funds otherwise you must use only ethexplorer for checking the balance of your wallet. Login in to your account must be done very safely so that no one might see your keys. Use only ethexplorer for checking your balance.
amzadabir

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:51:00 AM

Cryptocurrency Wallet MyAtherWallet (MEW) Cointelegraph is said to be rumors about it being hacked "FUD" and "a stupid falsehood."
Today, a personal message, on January 9, the Wallet Provider explicitly denies charging charges in social media that hackers have gained their DNS access, creating a phishing scam to collect login data.
Mews rumors have become a threat to the developers of Altcoin Ethereum Blue (BLUE) on Twitter, who have warned about the DNS compromise, not to use the MOU.
gareng1468

Activity: 168
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:57:49 AM

MEW is safe enough but in its use we must be careful against phishing and login using public wifi network. use trusted computers and networks and use uptodate antivirus. bookmark on your browser because if using google search on some user is directed to phishing site. make sure the site address is correct before you login.

MoonX      
───   http://www.moon.family/   ───
TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE
jyotianand01

Activity: 980
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 03:43:27 PM

This happens as many people put their private keys in place of their ethereum wallet in airdrops. If we save our private key and never share it to anyone in any circumstances then hackers cannot infiltrate in the account. Whenever we have to login, we have to check secure sign before site name if that is not there then we are going to login phishing site and our all details go to the hackers which we put there.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀   
WPPENERGY
.World Power Production.

INNOVATION LEADERS IN THE GLOBAL
    RENEWABLE ENERGY INDUSTRY

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀   

..INQUIRE..
━━━━━━━━
selectaselectine

Activity: 235
Merit: 16

I-CHAIN - The Revolution of Digital Advertising

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:51:43 PM

Since it can be accessed through the use of internet I guess that's how it works and/or maybe you've inputted your private key into a platform or medium wherein another user can have access. Just try to be more careful and always check whether the site you're visiting is legit.

pragna

Activity: 1582
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:32:58 PM

There are some reason for hacking MEW otherwise it can not be hacked.

01. If anybody give privatekey at the time of bounty campaign join.
02. If any Malware affect any pc or mobile that it stolen private key.
03. If anybody save his/her private key in his mail that may hacked anytime.
04. If any of your friend seen your private key from your pc.
05. Finally form a exchanger where we using privatekey to sell and buy coins.
amzad

Activity: 172
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:52:06 PM

You have logged in to a phishing site. Because of which you have attacked the hackers. And you even forgot the address of an private key. So you're reading this problem. Private key computer is to be very carefully saved.
Amilhussin24

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:42:55 PM

I've been experienced it before. My first time to sell my tokens, and I earn a lot, but I notice that my funds is being transferred to other address, I am shocked, and cannot do something about it. I have no idea what is happening. But then I realized i'd been hacked by hackers. The only thing I did is created other wallet and transferred my remaining tokens, and research how to avoid hackers.
samtarly

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:54:08 PM

I believe MEW is a secured website wallet so possible explanation to this is that you access a phishing site or someone has a physical access to your computer and stole your private keys. I've been using MEW for a long time and hasn't been experienced this once, be careful next time Smiley

dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1141

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:57:07 PM

this afternoon .. Myetherwallet wallet I have been in stolen the contents by hackers ..
and I lost the ETH, has anyone ever experienced a similar case to the one I'm currently experiencing?
and how to keep this from happening again? this is really annoying (hacker shit)
Dont worry you are not the only one who do experienced such loss but hundred or even thousands of people do really have this kind of situation on where hackers did able to access their MEW wallet and stole the coins inside of it.It do really sucks specially when you lose thousands of dollars but the most common reason why someone do able to hack you out because you might get phished or any other forms that somebody did able to posses your private keys since these informations is mainly needed for someone to hack you out.

fourpiece

Activity: 821
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:00:09 PM

Hackers can't get in to myetherwallet. MEW users somehow made a mistake that's why there is hacker.  There is no hacker if they know what they are doing

Vektrum

Activity: 420
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:17:20 PM

I consider the ethereal purse MyEtherWallet one of the most reliable purses. Hackers can not crack the wallet key, because it consists of a set of numbers and letters that make up its code. Just need to pay due attention to safety when working with this purse. To do this, you need to look very carefully at the name of the site you are going in to not get into a fraudulent site that uses a similar name. It is better to use a bookmark or a separate application and go through them. To view the contents of the wallet it is better not to enter it, use the site etherscan. io, which is very convenient for this. If you still go into the wallet, it's better to use an honest key than a file key.
Alert31

Activity: 1041
Merit: 25

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:34:31 PM

MEW is  safe as long as you secured your password and private key and do not fall into a phishing sites. You alone can make your wealth secured from hackers. Just keep your private information of your wallet by your own. Don't share it to anybody and other word,don't trust to anyone.

Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!      │     TRIDENT PROTOCOL     │      HIGH FIXED APY  >>> 382,945%
THE HIGH PAYING AUTO-STAKING & AUTO-COMPOUNDING PROTOCOL
████████████|           Twitter           |          Telegram          |            Reddit            |████████████
plr

Activity: 1148
Merit: 24

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:59:33 PM

this afternoon .. Myetherwallet wallet I have been in stolen the contents by hackers ..
and I lost the ETH, has anyone ever experienced a similar case to the one I'm currently experiencing?
and how to keep this from happening again? this is really annoying (hacker shit)

You fail to bookmark the legit/right myetherwallet and landed on the wrong one because of that  your account was so the first you need to do now is bookmark the right myetherwallet and install the metamask extension, you only need to do this and you're good to go.
t3m4nc0k

Activity: 616

www.jacs.tech

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 12:13:52 AM

the main cause is when someone goes to an untrusted website and imports a wallet address via email or anything unsafe. so be careful not to get anything like this again

lyfecoin

Activity: 198
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 12:49:19 AM

May be your computer is ratted with malware/keyloggers

Please don't download any shit coin wallets ,just because you are getting some free shitcoins in airdrops.They  may have keyloggers/miners/malware binded with them and have backdoor to your computer and steal away all your coins and info
Ashe-J

Activity: 82
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 01:09:47 AM

- And guess what, the makers of MyEtherWallet, have rubbished claims about them getting hacked last month, calling the claims as stupid lies and FUD which no one should pay heed to.
- Its pretty bad to lose your portfolio, sorry for that.
- All i can help everybody with is this picture :
https://i2.wp.com/coinherald.co/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/MyEtherWallet-Popup.jpg
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 01:14:38 AM

Well, there are a couple of different possibilities of what might have happened.

You might have logged into a phishing website and hackers acquired your login data that way.
Or you have malware on your PC, perhaps a keylogger or something else.

Never install any software if you're not sure that the source is safe.
dont be confident because you think you have anti virus because hackers expertise can get into the latest anti virus..and mate is right always make sure not logging in to unsafe sites,and be aware of the presence of bad elements here in virtual world
kaya11

Activity: 1316
Merit: 110

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 01:27:16 AM

Most of us experienced this I think, when I was still new here I keep on clicking spam emails maybe that's why I have been phished. Sad to say the thief got all of my tokens that have value and left me with shit coins. The ether also was drain out, I guess that's it for me. It's my fault for being ignorant Sad.

tegarp90

Activity: 546

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 01:42:10 AM

it might be someone cliked on phising site and give his private key.
or maybe it might be DNS poison. (you can google it)
So make sure if you want to login at MEW, make sure the website address is correct or you can download the MEW plugin on chrome.
But it's better to store our tokens into offline wallet
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: