Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 12:00:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Long vs. Short: Bitcoin and Alts  (Read 1110 times)
jinnyjinny

Activity: 280
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:50:22 PM

My favorite coins for 2018-2019 are stratis, waves, eos, bancor, arcblock, credits. im sure these platform for smart contracts will  make a strong competition to Ethereum,  i suppose we shall see soon

Viscera

Activity: 660
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 10:12:59 PM

One can just buy and hold most of the top coins including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, EOS, NEO, DASH and others.
The rally that is just starting is going to take most cryptos much higher before the next correction. Rinse and repeat.

We have the same analysis, I better hold this coin and they are future of CRyptocurrency. i'm holding strong Buy and hold sell it if the market is bullish. Rinse and repear! Altcoins is much better than bitcoin in the long run.
olumyd (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 117

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 04:54:33 AM

My favorite coins for 2018-2019 are stratis, waves, eos, bancor, arcblock, credits. im sure these platform for smart contracts will  make a strong competition to Ethereum,  i suppose we shall see soon

Somehow am getting this strange feeling that waves has gone back to being an undervalued coin. As for arcblock, it's a new alt there's not much we know about it yet and if anyone really wants to compete with smart contracts it should be jincor  - but they are no where close to an ET.
joann15

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 05:06:39 AM

Hey guys, which do you guys think is the most favourable coins for long and short trading strategies for the remainder of 2018?

Opinions, please!

If you can manage both of them why not? right? You can position your long term hold after doing that go and position for your short term all you have to are monitor market and the best way also is to have a plan before trading so you will not end up on losing your investment or panic selling.

camryku

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:20:01 AM

all the coins that have a small price are perfect for short or long-term investment, because if seen daily price movements are very nice and interesting to follow. for the long term if the patient will also give you great results.
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:33:05 AM

Long term=I don't venture out top 100 normally (unless a super promising project with rep) Ex ETH or BTC right now.
Short term=Anything that has value and that upcoming roadmap something is happening. Ex ETC right now.
Agree I think for a long term investment you should choose a coin that has proven potential and reliable. eg Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin. This coin has a huge community and users and it will certainly continue to grow that's why for the long term it will be quite safe. for the short term you can look for new coins or old coins of course that have good short-term projects, I recommend buying DNR.
Briella18

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:52:50 AM

I myself prefer short trading, because the risk is less than the long trading
30Burger

Activity: 29

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 06:15:23 AM

As one poster said, very short term, you can flip Ethereum Classic because they are promoting their Callisto airdrop in the first week of March.  It should have a little surge just before the airdrop and you can make some easy profit there.

Long term, Neo is great because it's still reasonably priced, it could potentially reach Ether prices if it keeps moving up its market cap, and also generates GAS for you while staking in your wallet.  A lot of upside for this.  

Bitcoin would be a great buyin at the next dip because it will eventually pop and go past the $20K mark.  I would try to set aside fiat for the next low buy-in and then hold long-term.
linkybit

Activity: 560
Merit: 107

Keep Working

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 06:23:22 AM

Hey guys, which do you guys think is the most favourable coins for long and short trading strategies for the remainder of 2018?

Opinions, please!

IMO BTC, ETH, NEO and WAVES are good for long-term investment whereas ETC and LTC are good for short-term flip Smiley

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
ruffles2016

Activity: 475
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 06:37:16 AM

I think many things are still same. We are all early adopters still, buying at low and holding will be more profitable. This is my take on our situation. Of course its better to hold better alts like ethereum, litecoin etc.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Dek_Fakhri

Activity: 169

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 06:48:42 AM

I do not really know because all the coins are essentially subject to many devotees or not. But if you want fast results can invest on the BTG, litecoin, ignis, or waves.
thend1949

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 06:53:38 AM
Last edit: February 19, 2018, 08:07:00 AM by thend1949

Long term=I don't venture out top 100 normally (unless a super promising project with rep) Ex ETH or BTC right now.
Short term=Anything that has value and that upcoming roadmap something is happening. Ex ETC right now.
Agree I think for a long term investment you should choose a coin that has proven potential and reliable. eg Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin. This coin has a huge community and users and it will certainly continue to grow that's why for the long term it will be quite safe. for the short term you can look for new coins or old coins of course that have good short-term projects, I recommend buying DNR.

Sometimes mate, long term investments can be better if you have a good buffer holdings but if you didn't have it you'll end up with regrets. Emotions can be so hard to dealt with and this will be your worst enemy in most certain cases, when the coins you have slowly increase its value in the market. Short terms is highly advantage when you bought an uprising coins price, then you can sell it while bitcoin price these days still promising and has a good signs to increase in the next few months to go.
denny27

Activity: 546
Merit: 101

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 07:07:04 AM

I just thinking it would be suitable for a long term to pick Btc and Eth. Besides that, if for me personally., I'll do a short term with some Bch,Ltc, and Neo.
But all back to your personal confidence, and entrust for which coins., hopefully you can really pick the coins that will indeed lead you to profitable. And maybe some other sources of information such as news or some articles, will also can helping you which can makes to convince you.

PanGiMoon

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 07:31:13 AM

Opinions, please!
For short-term, any fork or a litecoin may be acceptable. And for a long period of 20 pieces at least you can list, choose you.
rysea2

Activity: 407
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:07:19 AM

I only have a list of coins to invest in the long term, I am more confident about Bitcoin, Ethereum and probably will add Litecoin or NEO. for the moment I do not plan to make short term investments so maybe I can not suggest to you.

asena

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:14:46 AM

Opinions, please!

In my opinion, the best coins for the long term investments are ethereum and bitcoin. In addition to these, I think IOTA and / or NEO can be really good choices for  investing for long time.
blitz18

Activity: 248

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:34:15 AM

Opinions, please!

In my opinion, the best coins for the long term investments are ethereum and bitcoin. In addition to these, I think IOTA and / or NEO can be really good choices for  investing for long time.
I always hold into ethereum the best for long term because surely we can earend huge profit. Also bitcoin as many prediction the price could be big this year. You may choose also other coins that you think worth holding.
CryptoJamie

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:52:58 AM

Nobody said EOS? The process has like 2 and a half months left. I'm expecting a doubling in that time.
olumyd (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 117

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:33:57 PM

Nobody said EOS? The process has like 2 and a half months left. I'm expecting a doubling in that time.

EOS is not a bad crypto, it promises to be better and more scalable than Ethereum. But considering how long Ethereum has been in the system, it is most likely not going to happen in the "2 months" speculative period. But if it does turn out to be a 2x coin like you said in two months time, then it's worth having now. I think I should add that to my stash now.
tienigarazz

Activity: 253
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:45:33 PM

Before investing in other coin. Try to invest in the most popular coin, like bitcoin and ethereum. Using this you can assure big profit. After investing in this coin try now the other promising coin like LTC, BCH, NEO and etc. But before investing make sure to read all about this, this will help you to know them better.
Then what ever happen, just hold and be patient untill you earn big profit.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: