Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 10:29:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Long vs. Short: Bitcoin and Alts  (Read 1110 times)
RoooooR
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

GigTricks.io | A CRYPTO ECOSYSTEM FOR ON-DEMAND EC

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 12:46:16 PM

For me what i can advise is to balance your portfolio, do some diversification in order for you to optimize more profit. What i mean is to allot some percentage maybe a huge percentage to BTC. Then distribute it to alts with promising platform. with this technique whatever crypto goes breakout you will be on a win win situation my friend. For sure all the cryptos will take it's ATH soon so you must be vigilant and observe the market wisely.

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-------------------------------------------------------------------
.WEBSITE. |█| .WHITEPAPER.

......BOUNTY......
-----------------------------------
..ANN THREAD..
olumyd (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 117

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:13:22 AM

For me what i can advise is to balance your portfolio, do some diversification in order for you to optimize more profit. What i mean is to allot some percentage maybe a huge percentage to BTC. Then distribute it to alts with promising platform. with this technique whatever crypto goes breakout you will be on a win win situation my friend. For sure all the cryptos will take it's ATH soon so you must be vigilant and observe the market wisely.

That's a valid insight. In fact, I have probably 55% of my crypto stash in bitcoin and distributed the remaining to alts. Although what I do with alts is look out for promising ICO platforms and get in early.
Invester

Activity: 646
Merit: 252

PNNV.COM Live bitcoin price monitor

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:22:42 AM

Hey guys, which do you guys think is the most favourable coins for long and short trading strategies for the remainder of 2018?

Opinions, please!

I am not so much into short term right now. I think it is unwise to go to that strategy since my coins are bought last year and they have incur losses already. So I am prepared to just hodl them long term, until such time that they have already gained back what they have lost in the recent red days. I have ETH, ADA, Waves, ETC, AVT, SC, and VTC. If you want short term with altcoins and Bitcoin right now, you may go ahead actually since we are in red days right now.

████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PNNV.com..>..Live BTCitcoin Monitor.
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
armandoz

Activity: 162
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 06:19:01 AM

A long vs short bitcoin and alts are all desame profit to the bitcoin member. long term investment will rewardi in patient waiting and without wavering trust to bitcoin.The key of successfull life  is always need endurance in faith to God and and trust to your self as being of bitcoin  member.

Pierre 2
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1358

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 06:53:59 AM

It is always better to stay long in bitcoin and similar better altcoins like ethereum, litecoin, neo etc.
It is always better to do quick trades in small unknown altcoins as market depth isn't great and coins are risky to hold.
olumyd (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 117

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:08:29 PM

It is always better to stay long in bitcoin and similar better altcoins like ethereum, litecoin, neo etc.
It is always better to do quick trades in small unknown altcoins as market depth isn't great and coins are risky to hold.

At the risk of sounding like a rookie, am really curious to know if there are other causes of pump and dumps and the nosedive of certain cryptos. I am well aware that in the traditional capital investment circles, media is the ultimate determinant. As long as things stay off media, things could go really well for a long time. But in crypto, it seems more sporadic and while you could be sitting one moment, the prices could shoot up to a new ATM, and then bears could turn up the heat almost instantaneously.
cryptonized

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:30:17 PM

Hey guys, which do you guys think is the most favourable coins for long and short trading strategies for the remainder of 2018?

Opinions, please!

In my opinion, it is better to make your own research and trust your guts.

The most of the privacy coins are undervalued right now.

The best opportunity is to find a privacy-related project with a low total supply (less than 100M), that way the price will be increasing much faster.

I recently found one project called Ethereum Meta, it is related to anonymity and untraceable transaction. They have a very interesting project to build the Anonymous E-Market Place.

They are on Pre-ICO stage right now, you can check their website: https://ethermeta.com/
Or even better go through their Bitcointalk thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2659058.0
Akosibatman

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:30:08 PM

Bitcoin is good for long-term invesment because it has nice expected return based of its value for the past year. It is also similiar to ethereum, neo, litecoins etc. These coins is where we are going to be in the future. So invest now for long-term ans hodl until such point that your invesment doubles.
Celebrity

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:31:43 PM

Opinions, please!

If you mean 6-12 months or more when saying long term, the answer is ETH and BTC actually. If you mean shorter periods like 1 week or 1-2 months, the answer can be found in tokens of good projects.
favor222

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:33:14 PM

In my opinion it is short for 2018, but long when you can get free airdrop, for example deeponion.
AntonGrishko

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 05:32:49 PM

All coins that have a small price (under 1$) are perfect forlong-term investment. I don't like short because it's difficult for me.
Markperop

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:05:45 PM

Opinions, please!

If you mean 6-12 months or more when saying long term, the answer is ETH and BTC actually. If you mean shorter periods like 1 week or 1-2 months, the answer can be found in tokens of good projects.
uniquely ethereum and Bitcoin. That's just Bitcoin is a lot more risky than an ethereal.
 But nevertheless, I would still prefer these coins, because their capabilities are quite promising.

HELLO EVERYONE.
Koioss

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:16:24 PM

I usually prefer long term investments. For 2018, I most confident that the coin is Ethereum.
Apart from that, neo and waves are among the coins I trust.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Estrath

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:35:56 PM

It's obvious that the most suitable coins for longterm investments are ones with the biggest capitalization. All other alts are bounded to them and their volatility affect the price of alts. For short investments, alts are more suitable though, because they have more chances to multiply their value considering the lower price per token.

DarcMatter   The Future of Decentralized Financial Services   Whitepaper
Token Sale   ANN Thread   Twitter   Telegram
Clark05

Activity: 1274
Merit: 263

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:16:47 PM
Last edit: February 24, 2018, 01:00:23 PM by Clark05

For me the best for longterm and shorterm is ripple.  Waves,  ethereum,  litecoin,  qtum,  taas, komodo and for sure you will gain a lot of profit after few years of waiting and if you want to shorterm hold it for few months only.  It's your choice if you want to hold your coins for shorterm  or longterm. But if you think the price is good you can sell it and if you can make good profit it is good because they have  consequences if you wait more the price decrease.
soloinvestor

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 03:06:08 AM

Opinions, please!

In my opinion, it is better to make your own research and trust your guts.

The most of the privacy coins are undervalued right now.

The best opportunity is to find a privacy-related project with a low total supply (less than 100M), that way the price will be increasing much faster.

I recently found one project called Ethereum Meta, it is related to anonymity and untraceable transaction. They have a very interesting project to build the Anonymous E-Market Place.

They are on Pre-ICO stage right now, you can check their website: https://ethermeta.com/
Or even better go through their Bitcointalk thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2659058.0
konfuci

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 05:13:25 AM

All in this forum know the answer for this one.For long term altcoin for sure,because in that we can buy a huge for less amount of dollars. For short term, bitcoin is the best answer .This is the known truth.We can see 1000$ variation in bitcoin price in one or two day .But this is not possible in altcoin.
This is the reason behind bitcoin is best one for short term.
Cut Marisca

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 05:32:59 AM

the long term only if the advice because it is equal to saving and the results obtained will be much greater. If short-term then will continue to think of the price of the coin and could have panicked if the price goes down.
preikaler

Activity: 905
Merit: 113

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:05:56 AM

long term is necessary for investment in coins or altcoins. need a process for every act and price to be able to grow back and increase profits

wack slack

Activity: 47

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 10:36:41 AM

Basically what is your goal is how much property will be after that time. If you set specific goals, it will be easier for you to choose.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: