Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 10:27:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Long vs. Short: Bitcoin and Alts  (Read 1110 times)
olumyd (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 117

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 10:57:54 PM

You should do the research and focus on the white paper, road map on alts. From my point of view, top 10 cryptocurrencies can be long-term investments like BTC, ETH. For short term, I'm not sure how to define the time of short investment, you can find interesting ones, and join the bounty such as signature or twitter campaign.

What if I were considering in picking from the top 100 coins, apart from WP and Roadmap which for most of them seem to be rigid, what other indicators do you think i can do to add prospective alts to my BTC and ETH stash for long-term?
Om.monata

Activity: 936
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 11:03:41 PM

for long term bitcoin is better than altcoin. because altcoin is only suitable for short-term, but there is good altcoin for long term that is only eth. so I think it could be a good coin for investment.
SideR

Activity: 99
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 12:07:10 AM

I choose ETH, NEO and Bitcoin for a long term. It is stable, perspective and I know this will go up in this year Smiley
gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 02:15:42 AM

Hey guys, which do you guys think is the most favourable coins for long and short trading strategies for the remainder of 2018?

Opinions, please!
If it says about a coin that has a long-term prospect then I would choose etherum. Compared to others, etherum has strength in quality and also popularity. When we invest in etherum we are not afraid to invest in large quantities as well as long periods of time. Notice the current conditions, etherum offers a smart contract that is very interesting and used by many projects. This could be more value because not many other altcoin can do this.
normanderecho

Activity: 460

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:23:54 AM

Bitcoin is always the best coin for long-term transactions, and has always been one of the most profitable types of encryption, and he has proved it.

For me in shortterm way i choose bitcoin because bitcoin is quick rise and fallen pricing and we dont know if the bitcoin will fallen or rising so that the important of that is monatoring always in pricing of it so that you can get a great profit.in longterm way i choose altcoin because altcoin is the best longterm way to invest and waiting the exact time to get a great peofit.theres many persons become rich because now a day altcoin is low pricing and the coming years will rising so that you can get a good profit.

shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:49:57 AM

Bitcoin is always the best coin for long-term transactions, and has always been one of the most profitable types of encryption, and he has proved it.

For me in shortterm way i choose bitcoin because bitcoin is quick rise and fallen pricing and we dont know if the bitcoin will fallen or rising so that the important of that is monatoring always in pricing of it so that you can get a great profit.in longterm way i choose altcoin because altcoin is the best longterm way to invest and waiting the exact time to get a great peofit.theres many persons become rich because now a day altcoin is low pricing and the coming years will rising so that you can get a good profit.

Actually bitcoin is verry suitable in both long and short term of investment because its value can usually pump or dumped anytime unlike to altcoins that their value can take a long time to increase. However altcoin is more beneficial when it comes to trading because they can be easily trade because of their volume and cheap price while bitcoin is mainly been used as an investment tool. although many people including me are still doing investing rather than trading because it is much easier and user friendly.
Fulmand

Activity: 568
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:31:30 AM

Bitcoin and altcoins are so important in crypto currency world inspite of inflation or fluctuation of value,still it can stood back to its normal pace. Though altcoins have low value yet it will be worth the wait when you have patience with you all the time when you want to save for a long time. Those altcoins will somehow increase in a perfect frame soon hence, bitcoin remains constant with minimal changes of value. I'd rather have them both because long term way comes from a short term process that's why bitcoin has higher value if it's in its luck.
EvaGC

Activity: 476
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 12:54:46 PM

Globcoin is a new stablecoin bringing tokenized currency baskets, to be traded in their own platform. Their ICO is open now with a 70% bonus until March.
Lmaooo

Activity: 694
Merit: 108

santacoin.io

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 01:21:33 PM

For me, I only hold bitcoin for security, as a contingency in case of the market unexpected behavior. For trading, I always prefer trading altcoins as they provide more profits compared to the top 25 coins on the coinmarkepcap. So, basically, I prefer to hold bitcoin for short-term and hold potential altcoins for long-term.

olumyd (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 117

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:59:04 PM

Globcoin is a new stablecoin bringing tokenized currency baskets, to be traded in their own platform. Their ICO is open now with a 70% bonus until March.

70% BONUS!!! That's quite the discount to be expected these days, never thought I would see any coin offer beyond 50% discount. 70% is indeed huge, how does the team expect to control liquidity as so much of the coin will be in circulation.
Geenstijl
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:46:31 PM

I choose ETH, NEO and Bitcoin for a long term. It is stable, perspective and I know this will go up in this year Smiley

Great choice. These are stable coins that can bring you very big profits in the near future. But if you show patience and save these coins for several years, you may become a very rich man. I also chose these coins for long-term storage. But I have other interesting coins in my portfolio.
Dalazar

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:04:26 PM

for long period you can buy coins from the top 10, and for short period you need to look for promising alts, but with a low price
lienfaye

Activity: 2940
Merit: 629

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:28:23 PM

Do your own research and see for yourself what can be the coins that has potential to hold for long term or short term, dont just rely in the suggestions here. I have bitcoin, Eth and Neo and im holding them for long term.

for long period you can buy coins from the top 10, and for short period you need to look for promising alts, but with a low price
Top 10 coins in the market doesn't guaranteed they are good for long term because the prices are volatile.

terrong

Activity: 309
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:39:31 PM

you should better see the profits that must be generated from the investment and if looking for the right profit is to hold until you find the benefits of the investment. and the best is ethereum and bitcoin because most altcoin / token prices always follow both.
HoaNguyen

Activity: 238

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:50:06 PM

Investments can be divided as follows: If you want to invest in the long-term hold, Bitcoin and Etherum is a better choice. And if you're going to make a profit in the short term, invest in altcoins like NEO, Ripple, EOS, Stellar. You only need to buy altcoins and hold at least 1 week to 1 month to get your own profit. This is my personal opinion, you can refer to make your own decision.

MilanaPay

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:06:37 PM

Altcoin's definitely needs to be kept in long, as they have great prospects for application in different spheres and directions in our life. But Bitcoin can also give up their positions  Cheesy

kotajikikox

Activity: 2394
Merit: 209

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:08:45 PM

Hey guys, which do you guys think is the most favourable coins for long and short trading strategies for the remainder of 2018?

Opinions, please!

i choose both, why? because almost the same holding bitcoin for long term and holding altcoins for long term are same profitable, why i choose both because same as currency have movement up and down depending into the high demand of coins.
i also buy some coins for short term becuase i'm a day trader, buy in sell strategy is profitable to me i set the percentage i want to reach as my day profit for my day today trading job have risk but need to learn and study to avoid loses.

Om.monata

Activity: 936

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:14:36 AM

bitcoin still dominates for long-term hold, as bitcoin prices always increase. in contrast to altcoin which sometimes decreases due to large dup so bitcoin is still safer in storage.
Nicol3

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 05:28:12 AM

Obviously for long term Bitcoin would be the best coin and hold them for at least a year. Short term for me would be altcoins like NEO or Ripple because these coins usually don't increase its value like that of Bitcoin, most of the altcoins are just pump and dump so its good for you to trade them for short term though.

akihiro101117

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:42:23 AM

Opinions, please!

for me, i do short on ltc and eth and long for neo and waves.
but the father of long is no other than BTC.

★★★     │  TEMCO  │      SUPPLY CHAIN POWERED BY BITCOIN NETWORK, RSK     ★★★
★★★   Officially Supported by RSK, TLDR Capital and Korea Investment Partners (KIP)   ★★★
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: