Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:22:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Have you supported a dead coin?  (Read 665 times)
Toshibron

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:06:40 AM

I supported dime but im happy i only lost less 500€
pacifista

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:22:38 AM

Have you ever supported, bought or mined a coin that died later on? Why did you support it? What did you learn from it?
I have a bunch of dead coins and it pissed me off everytime i remember that i bought this worthless coins. Some of them  i got from bounty while others i bough them on thier ico.
Rrtt

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 05:09:48 AM

I bought one coin earlier. Invested around 1700$ and devs left the project. Price dropped, but I didn't sold any of it. I wanted to sell at one point, but that would mean that I lost the money for sure, so I hold it more. After 6 months new team took the project and they started to developing it. I doubled my money (at one point it was 4x), but I'm still holding it. It's just started to grow. New website is coming out and other stuff and I will wait. I guess I was lucky that someone continued to develop, otherwise my money would be lost. It's not the lonely case of bringing dead coin alive, but watch out in both ways.
What a nice experience you have mate. It just to show that here in crypto world nothing is definite. We can't project the future, we can only speculate. In your side, you made the right move by allowing yourself not to lost money.
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 05:14:08 AM

Have you ever supported, bought or mined a coin that died later on? Why did you support it? What did you learn from it?

i don't know what supporting a dead coin means! but  i have bought dead coins or better said i have traded dead coins and what i learned is that even dead coins can be pumped and if you buy them at the correct time, you can make a nice profit from their pumps.

--looking for signature--
adroitful_one
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1041

1GhxHtabWhEpdb7e7oEJ2vd542n33BwTHR

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:29:47 AM

I've mined coins where the dev disappeared for over a month or more. They later ended up coming back and I made a pretty good profit off of it. Don't think I have ever mined a completely dead coin though. Seems like a total waste of time.
prabakharras

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:52:28 AM

Bitcoinnect still has value https://www.coingecko.com/en/price_charts/bitconnect/usd
Coin that is dead becomes too cheap that it becomes nice to speculate again

colemankaan

Activity: 116

TEND, TOKENISING LUXURY ASSETS

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:58:10 AM

I guess i haven’t yet. I am not in this business for too long so none of my investments is dead yet but i think it can happen to anybody. Market grown a lot and there are hundreds of coins around. We can’t make the right decisions every single time.

LeoEspansq

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:11:35 AM

As for me, many invested in doge and where it is now. But this was the only mistake, and now I'm not investing in shitkoins, but I'm looking for very progressive coins for my portfolio.
Pedro18

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:12:19 AM

Yes. I already did so many times, specially those lending coins before, they are really shit coin. I really don't know before, I keep joining on every ICO that is their project is about lending platform. Now, I realized that most of those are scam.
Cryptosaphire18

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:01:51 PM

Yes. I already did so many times, specially those lending coins before, they are really shit coin. I really don't know before, I keep joining on every ICO that is their project is about lending platform. Now, I realized that most of those are scam.
Cryptocurrencies that failed to take off, which were scams or experiments, or which otherwise are now deceased,i think that is dead coin. Luckily in my case,i've never supported any dead coin yet since i start joining here and participated ICO project's. But i saw a lot of dead coins that are resurrected,one of this are Reddcoin. Which emerged in 2014, offering a couple of interesting features that not many coins were offering. So it seemed that there weren’t many people interested in this currency, so ReddCoin literally started to die out with its price representing how insignificant this cryptocurrency appeared to the market and cryptocurrency traders.But this coin has luckily turned the tables last year which experienced a significant increase of its value, reaching the marvelous 500% of increase.
akitha

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:04:30 PM

yes i did and still having my Zeit!just waiting for the right pump!

AdamRay

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:30:40 PM

If it's a good project and its management wants to rebuild it, I'll support it. But you should know that rebuilding a coin is dead is very difficult because there will be many investors do not trust it. So you need a clear strategy and plan if you really want to rebuild a dead crypto.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
yhoga45

Activity: 294
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:41:52 PM

I have some coins that I have mined. I don’t know they a dead coin or not but the price going down very dip and I’m holding it until I’m get profit from them. A lot of people said that holding it and of course hopefully can to the moon maybe 6 months later or more. For me it’s no problem because I’m new on cryptocurrency.
GalaxyWorld

Activity: 406

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 04:10:32 PM

The dead coin should not invest. And I think there are many people who have the same opinion as me. a coin is dead to rebuild it, this is very difficult. If you invest in rebuilding a dead coin I recommend that you invest that money into new ICO projects.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
Leah38

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 04:26:32 PM

No I didn't. I buy only promising alts and some called shitcoins but has a community behind them that makes them worth trading. No use of a dead coin. Invest only on great ICOs and good alts.
CoinboyBebop

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 04:32:55 PM

After the airdrop of Rydberger i buyed a lot of it. They want to make a decentralized exchange. They announced a lot of partnerships which a lot of coins which will get listed there. But you heared every week less and less from the dev. Since 3 monats it is totally silenced. Looks like the dev just stop to working on his project. which is a pity, because the whitepaper and the idead of the project was very good. If he didnt quit im sure it would be a success.
orkoso (OP)

Activity: 276
Merit: 23

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 05:43:41 PM

I used to often take part in airdrop and get the same coins that many bought. I can say for sure that 80% of coins were dead, but those ICO and airdrop who had a good team and a competent roadmap continue to develop further and their coins grow in  price. And if I bought 1000 coins from each ICO and airdrop, from which I received the coins, I would still have stayed in profit even with the dead coins.

But which coins were the ones that died in your hands, even if these came from an airdrop and all that. An airdrop also requires some investment, even if it is your time.
JanEmil

Activity: 2310
Merit: 668

Community management 24/7 for hire

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 05:51:13 PM

My first coin in Crypto world was PLX / Plexcoin. Maybe Scam. SEC blocked all founds and Trial is going on.

I learned risk management and that even a dead coin in crypto can earn you big $$$ if you play it the right way.

bayupermana

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 05:53:53 PM

Yes i do, i used to support a stupid coin call unixcoin and all stuffs it bring to me are all about scam.
I don't know you even try or not but it's really disappointed when you know you're supporting a dead coin, a scam coin.
Sometime it does works if put your efforts on a dead coin if there is exist a huge comeback but seems like i never hit one.
orkoso (OP)

Activity: 276
Merit: 23

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:03:21 PM

No, I have no dead coin, or the ones I bought not dead yet and I hope that will not happen  Smiley but it is certain that even good coin will die in some point in the future.

There is a say among the traders that goes "in the long term, we will all be dead", I think it is from some famous economist. The question is more about coins that are already dead.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: