Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:23:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ICO] HoloToken (HOT): Holo The Distributed Hosting Platform  (Read 34041 times)
Little-loli

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 03:44:10 AM

So Holochain isn't related to Blockchain at all?
Is it just using a different techonology since it doesn't use POW or POS?
Also does this mean its not possible to get your Holotoken to get listed on exchanges?
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
goku90

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 03:16:31 PM

I found some comments :

" Remember Holo fuel is not a token, it is double entry accounting, keeping them means we get a credit to the Holo account which must also be debited against the Holo account = burned tokens. . Does that mean keeping HOT after the holo launch does not bring value to the investor? "

I am a bit nervous if my money invest to holo that may be not take profit.
standards

Activity: 560
Merit: 261

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 02:24:12 AM

Very unique project. I'd like to learn more about it.
It doesn't even have a Telegram channel?
HolochainAJ (OP)

Activity: 48

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 07:17:40 PM

I found some comments :

" Remember Holo fuel is not a token, it is double entry accounting, keeping them means we get a credit to the Holo account which must also be debited against the Holo account = burned tokens. . Does that mean keeping HOT after the holo launch does not bring value to the investor? "

The whitepaper it is discusses how the value will continue to grow accordingly as apps and hosting increase.

Early investors gain a better return on investment because their Holo will represent a certain amount of computing power on the network for hosting. As hosters on the network compete to obtain decentralized app data to host, smaller amounts of holo will be demanded in order to gain hosting.

To put it in a dollar context, lets make this overly simple...
 if 1 holo = 1 dollar...

There will be a cost for hosting data for decentralized apps. Developers will need to pay for this (and users will indirectly pay for this by paying within the application). They will buy Holo.

If at first it cost 1 holo (around 1 dollar) for basic amount of computing power...over time as more individuals grab Holo Ports and host data to earn Holo, they will compete to gain contracts for hosting. Perhaps someone will be willing to host the same amount of computing power for 95 cents

In time, we will see that people will compete to host decentralized apps for less than less Holo. But the cost and demand to host applications will not decrease. This means the value of Holo will increase in it's USD value.

HolochainAJ (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 07:40:09 PM

So Holochain isn't related to Blockchain at all?
Is it just using a different techonology since it doesn't use POW or POS?
Also does this mean its not possible to get your Holotoken to get listed on exchanges?

Yes, it is related but quite different technology. Shared Distributed Hash Table AND every agent get's their own chain.

Holochain is completely unique in the crypto world.

We are engaging with some exhanges and we expect to be listed, but yes, for those exchanges who only list PoW/PoS blockchains and dont feel comfortable with DAGs or other unique chains, they may not choose to run a Holo/btc pair.

For now, the HoloToken will simply be an erc 20 token and that will readily be added to exchanges.

cryptoiqtech

Activity: 53

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 09:20:37 PM

A step-by-step guide on how to develop and run a "Hello World" sort of app on Holochain would go a long way in increasing the credibility and adoption. I'd be happy to follow it if one exists.
yehor

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 11:33:04 PM

On which ICO listing sites you have been published?  Huh
HolochainWill

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 02:22:05 AM

We have a Mattermost server (open source slack clone) instead: https://chat.holochain.net
HolochainWill

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 07:46:11 PM

We're very glad to finally announce that **the Holo ICO will start at 10:00 a.m. GMT on Thursday 29 March,** and will close on 28 April! Get whitelisted now if you haven't already!

More ICO info.

You can check out this video about our Initial Community Offering to better understand how our ICO is so different from most other ICOs, and this video about the vision of Holochain and Holo.

goku90

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 05:56:05 AM

I found some comments :

The whitepaper it is discusses how the value will continue to grow accordingly as apps and hosting increase.

Early investors gain a better return on investment because their Holo will represent a certain amount of computing power on the network for hosting. As hosters on the network compete to obtain decentralized app data to host, smaller amounts of holo will be demanded in order to gain hosting.

if 1 holo = 1 dollar...

There will be a cost for hosting data for decentralized apps. Developers will need to pay for this (and users will indirectly pay for this by paying within the application). They will buy Holo.

If at first it cost 1 holo (around 1 dollar) for basic amount of computing power...over time as more individuals grab Holo Ports and host data to earn Holo, they will compete to gain contracts for hosting. Perhaps someone will be willing to host the same amount of computing power for 95 cents

In time, we will see that people will compete to host decentralized apps for less than less Holo. But the cost and demand to host applications will not decrease. This means the value of Holo will increase in it's USD value.

It's just the case if the holo project has a large market and millions of users. The world has a lot of cloud computing projects, holo will need 5 years to 10 years to hit the target.
The holo token is not list on exchange like binance bittrex, the holo token will be destroyed and convert to holo fuel, and holo fuel will only trade internally, meaning that the holo project will not have trade and liquidity in the next few years. ICO investors will need 10 years to make a profit.

This is a very risky investment
HolochainAJ (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 06:08:52 AM
Last edit: March 27, 2018, 06:19:42 AM by HolochainAJ

I found some comments :

if 1 holo = 1 dollar...

It's just the case if the holo project has a large market and millions of users. The world has a lot of cloud computing projects, holo will need 5 years to 10 years to hit the target.
The holo token is not list on exchange like binance bittrex, the holo token will be destroyed and convert to holo fuel, and holo fuel will only trade internally, meaning that the holo project will not have trade and liquidity in the next few years. ICO investors will need 10 years to make a profit.

This is a very risky investment

Of course it isn't listed on an exchange, our ICO starts March 29th. There is nothing to list or trade yet.

And no, it won't only trade internally.

You have misunderstood our offering. There are hardly any projects providing data hosting services for decentralized and distributed apps.

HOLO will be not only an ecosystem for storing that pivotal data, it will also be a bridge that connects decentralized applications to the average joe so they can just connect to decentralized applications as though they were regular apps.

HolochainAJ (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 06:36:10 AM

Our ICO is LIVE in 2 days!

Thursday, March 29th until April 28th

Further details after the jump https://holo.host/

ICO Information

Cost: 10,000 HOT = €1 (euro) of Ethereum
Initial available supply: 25,000,000,000 HOT
Max available supply: 250,000,000,000 HOT
Minimum purchase: 0.1 Eth

https://holo.host/ico/
michele1it

Activity: 343
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 08:58:15 AM

Yes, the Telegram announcements channel is simply @holochain and the new official Telegram group/chat (from yesterday) is @channelholo but I noticed that they prefer Mattermost as a chat platform. In any case, a great and innovative project, it's a new world and we must say that after you read the greenpaper and all the material that these people have on the site, on Github, Medium, Reddit and around the web, after you have seen their videos on Youtube and you will have noticed the light of their eyes ... the blockchain and everything else will seem old story ...in short, these people want to build a new Internet by sharing the common people and I'm with them!
HolochainAJ (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 05:16:46 AM

Yes, the Telegram announcements channel is simply @holochain and the new official Telegram group/chat (from yesterday) is @channelholo but I noticed that they prefer Mattermost as a chat platform. In any case, a great and innovative project, it's a new world and we must say that after you read the greenpaper and all the material that these people have on the site, on Github, Medium, Reddit and around the web, after you have seen their videos on Youtube and you will have noticed the light of their eyes ... the blockchain and everything else will seem old story ...in short, these people want to build a new Internet by sharing the common people and I'm with them!

YES!

Check out some of our Youtube videos here. We have the nitty gritty technical, the 3 minute bite sized clips, and yes, the White Papers are surprisingly easy read. (Well, the main white paper has the necessary coding aspects, but the green paper and the currency paper is very accessible.)

Here is developer Matthew Schutte talking with Coin Telegraph in Davos

"Is Holochain Better Than Blockchain?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipn6EZu6tNg&t=1s

HolochainAJ (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:25:05 AM

I understand that it's difficult to read all of these white papers so I will be dropping some interesting tidbits to bring some of you off the fence.

This is from our currency white paper

Massive Transaction Volume

For Holo to service mainstream Internet markets, it must be able to host large peer-to-peer
versions of applications similar to Slack, Twitter, or even Facebook. Accounting capacities for the
computation obviously must scale with the application’s usage. As such, Holo must exceed the
capacities of current blockchain throughput of a few transactions per second by at least a
million-fold. With widespread enough usage, we expect to surpass financial exchange backbones
like the Visa network, which has a maximum estimated capacity of 56,000 transactions per
second.

https://files.holo.host/2017/11/Holo-Currency-White-Paper_2017-11-28.pdf

wait, did you hear that right?

HOLO is aiming to handle beyond1 million transactions per second.

This is mentioned in the green paper as well, actually mentioning the possibility of millions of transactions per second.

This is true scalability. How is this possible?

Our agent centric approach completely flips blockchain on it's head.

We don't use Proof of Work or Proof of Stake. We use a validating DHT where every agent or user has their own chain. by eliminating the need for every single transaction by every user EVER to be recorded into every single node, we make it possible to leap frog beyond the miniscule number of transactions per second normal blockchains are accustomed to seeing.

Care to know more? Take a peek at the white paper Smiley

michele1it

Activity: 343
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 11:51:31 AM

ICO opened today, in running status now, very simple purchase with MetaMask!  Cool Already sold in a couple of hours over 9 billion Holo token on 25 billion available the first day ... not bad I would say ... ready for the future? Go go Holochain! Let's change the Internet ... beyond the blockchain, the revolution has arrived!  Wink
stasik201330

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 11:53:27 AM

A good and promising project that deserves investors attention! Good luck to you. I think you will certainly appreciate it, because your project is really relevant in our time
HolochainAJ (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 03:18:45 PM

First day of our ICO was a SMASHING SUCCESS amidst a panic sell of in the market! We raised over 1 million Euro!

Perhaps the crypto community is ready for an asset backed crypto that will actually provide stability

We have an ecosystem set up where people will need Holo to pay for the data that is stored in decentralized applications. We are already building an Peer2Peer Twitter clone, a distributed Public Key infrastructure, a distributed Slack, and more.

We are well ahead of nearly all ICOs in that this project has been in formation since before bitcoin was invented. For those who are programming literate, we urge you to look under the hood of HOLO and see the architecture that supports it, Holochain. For those who are not, our Green Paper and Holo currency paper (see the original post of this thread).

ICO lasts until April 28th, get some value for your ETH now...
HolochainAJ (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 03:23:55 PM

A step-by-step guide on how to develop and run a "Hello World" sort of app on Holochain would go a long way in increasing the credibility and adoption. I'd be happy to follow it if one exists.

Very well! I will pass this on to the team.

We run Hackathons across the world but we do understand that many people cannot attend these sort of things.
HolochainAJ (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 05:59:53 PM
Last edit: March 31, 2018, 08:54:03 PM by HolochainAJ

Please note:

THERE IS NO PRESALE. I say this for two reasons...

1) presales frequently lead to unscrupulous investors who look to immediately dump for quick profit.

2) Be aware that scammers pretend to hold pre sales and special sales in hopes of stealing your money.

Please go to https://holo.host/ ONLY

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: