Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:29:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ICO] HoloToken (HOT): Holo The Distributed Hosting Platform  (Read 34036 times)
michele1it

Activity: 343
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 09:19:49 PM

Good evening. Holo is an excellent coin. With DogeCoin there is no point in comparing, these are two completely different coins. I wish everyone good luck.

Supply is very high it is second dog  Tongue

You said well, important clarification!  Wink But above all... to understand Holo it is important to study the project well ... certainly they understood those who sent a couple of beautiful transactions full-bodied  Grin from the genesis of Ethereum to Holo's Ico... mythical !!!  Cool Cool Cool

Someone found the traces ... great !!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/8fjifn/holochain_ico_just_finished_two_eth_genesis/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
apu71

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 11:49:30 AM

I think this project will be make some profit to us for near future.I will surely keep a close  eye  on this project. Smiley
HolochainAJ (OP)

Activity: 48

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 12:17:57 PM

The team is not commenting on getting listed on exchanges due to regulatory concerns. You can see this is not a deterrent to being listed, however. If you look at Sirin, for instance, tell
Their FAQ has the ubiquitous question, "when binance" (paraphrasing)

Here is their response.
Legal restrictions prevent us from discussing any conversations that may or may not be happening regarding the SRN appearing on exchanges.

Tokens are the bulls eye target right now, so teams taking the cautious approach are taking the best approach.
mexicantarget
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1043

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 04:28:23 PM
Last edit: May 24, 2018, 05:56:02 PM by mexicantarget

Was looking for some new tokens to invest into.
After spending a few hours doing research on this project, I can say that I'm quite amazed by it.

Go HOT, go!
Jcga
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1089

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 04:35:48 PM

Was looking for some new tokens to invest into.
After spending a few hours doing research on this project, I can say that I'm quite amazing by it.

Go HOT, go!
+1
I did the same few weeks ago, HOT is hot, go HoloToken !

🚀IRRESISTIBLE "Crypto Collectibles" 👉 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=217.0
HolochainAJ (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 03:48:30 AM

It’s designed that way so that once microtransactions are happening on Holo, they’re denoted in whole numbers (aka a transaction will cost you 4 Holo fuel instead of 0.000004 like it is on Ethereum)

Doesn't anyone see the number of tokens as a problem, especially when it comes to how high the price will be able to go?

This has been covered in many forums, but the idea is extremely simple. It doesn't matter how high it goes. Your percent gain (or loss) is what you should be tracking.

Supply is arbitary in cryptoland. If it wasn't, unobtanium would be the most coveted Blockchain in existence.
(Hint: it's not.)
iskren_ivanov

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 10:46:46 AM

The real questions in order to invest long-term are:
- how much will be Total Supply of the real holo fuel (not the ERC-20 token), will it be fixed?
- how the price of holo fuel will be calculated? will it be determed from the market (demand and supply). I am asking this question, because holo fuel is not standard token, it is part from very different economics.
AlloM

Activity: 798
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 10:51:43 AM

Good evening. Holo is an excellent coin. With DogeCoin there is no point in comparing, these are two completely different coins. I wish everyone good luck.

Supply is very high it is second dog  Tongue

This is not a coin that is token but on other side DOGE is coin. Supply concept is got old it doesn't matter how big that is only use case decide the future of any project. This project has good platform which will perform better.
iskren_cryptodev

Activity: 18

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 03:32:26 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2018, 09:44:07 PM by iskren_cryptodev

The next real questions is - who need to create dApp like decentralized twitter and etc. users don't care, so who will need such distributed hosting like holo hosting which is more expensive and slow than clouds like Amazon's and etc. The only true need for dApp is what bitcoin and altcoins are - distributed ledgers, exchanges and voting systems. Everything else - social media, chat platforms have no need to be decentralazed or distributed in my opinion (I am a programmer) it is overhead, it is more complicated to develop, optimize, test and secure such apps. The platform will have many bugs in the beginning, it is brand new approach. This make me think that holo fuel will not have huge demand in long term, weak fundament, may be some pump-and-dump, nothing more, the right moment to invest was in the ICO, people who invested have made x10, now we have weak crypto market, no bulls, I doubt it will be skyrocket in near future, may be if the market become bullish again, next spring (2019) but when the HOLO tokens are converted in native holo fuel price will not be able to sky-rocketing by design
this is why (a quote from Holo currency paper https://files.holo.host/2017/11/Holo-Currency-White-Paper_2017-11-28.pdf ):

For a majority to engage with Holo and its underlying cryptocurrency, the market value of its units
should be optimized for a steady and stable trajectory, preferably growing in value over time.
While this may sound to many like an impossible or naive design parameter, it is incorporated
into the design of Holo’s cryptocurrency.
Holo credits  are backed by a vital modern asset: computing power
And since trades on exchanges are not likely to deviate wildly from the prices for which computing power is sold, this incentivization structure places a decentralized throttle on massive price pumps

And there are negative balances on holochain, wtf?! What does this mean? If my balance is negative - am I obligated and who will make me to pay then? I don't even understand this conception. This architecture is too different and complex far away from blockchain simplicity.

Again - the native holo fuel is not standard token, it is not token at all. Speculation will be able for a limited time until transition from HOT tokens (ERC-20) into holo fuel happens.
eerygarden

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 09:34:09 PM

You won’t need a powerful GPU, just moderate RAM.  You should be able to host on Windows a while after Holo launches. HoloPorts are first supported, followed by linux devices. Then macOS and Windows will be supported after that.
Virtuoso
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 09:50:16 PM

Will crypto exchanges be able to set up Holofuel wallets once Holo is launched? Given that these aren’t tokens in the traditional sense, I’m just wondering if this will cause issues.
dazbarlby

Activity: 460
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 10:40:32 PM

and if trust is an issue, i guess it being mozilla, i would open up permision to their app to access what is on my host. So yeah i see a trusted actor like them being the ideal candidate to make a public network browser with holos infrastructure
erwan

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 05:53:10 AM

There are several other currency designs possible with holochain. Like other asset-backed currencies, capability tokens, etc. For me the flexibility of different types of new and interesting currencies is because not many projects have this in their design / DNA framework.
cabron

Activity: 2800
Merit: 595

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 08:07:23 PM

Very interesting project. Price will go up upon how developed the chain will be, supply doesn't matter.  The better for a holder to start buying now while the price is less than a cent. You'd be delighted to spend thousandth of your earnings which you got from just holding. Good luck.

wenwen

Activity: 728
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 07:53:33 PM

Good evening. Correct solution. I also bought these coins. Iks will be but it will be much later. It is necessary to catch the moment.

have invested 0.1 BTC in HOT now and i hope for a 3-5x  Wink
HolochainAJ (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 03:21:30 AM

There are several other currency designs possible with holochain. Like other asset-backed currencies, capability tokens, etc. For me the flexibility of different types of new and interesting currencies is because not many projects have this in their design / DNA framework.

ding ding ding!  someone is getting it.

Holo (and Holochain) are so much bigger than simple coins or tokens.

HolochainAJ (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 04:00:58 AM

The real questions in order to invest long-term are:
- how much will be Total Supply of the real holo fuel (not the ERC-20 token), will it be fixed?
- how the price of holo fuel will be calculated? will it be determed from the market (demand and supply). I am asking this question, because holo fuel is not standard token, it is part from very different economics.

This will be a common misconception for people who haven't read the white paper. When Holo.host officially launches and you trade in your erc20 tokens for Holo fuel, the total supply will be 0 holo fuel.

this is a mutual credit crypto currency. Any positive balances must be offest by negative balances somewhere. This is the first crypto that is legitimately not fiat created.

Where is the negative balance to counter all of the erc 20 tokens? the team's account goes into the negative.

Please read the currency paper for more information.

harnorno2

Activity: 72
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 08:36:37 AM

I have a lot of hopes for this project. HoloChain may very well be the best competitor of Amazon AWS due to its agent-centric network and its efficiency. Cloud storage and hosting of DAPPS is certainly the future and forging ahead, I hope that the HoloChain project manages to prove everybody wrong that it is in fact better than blockchain, DAG, and hashgrash. Lets just see!
zecon

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

spattered throughout the golden ethers

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 01:28:21 AM

One of the few projects with a real whitepapers that includes maths:

https://github.com/Holochain/holochain-proto/blob/whitepaper/holochain.pdf

If you really want to do something, you’ll find a way. If you don’t, you’ll find an excuse.
— Jim Rohn
Cangkeman Wae

Activity: 826
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 02:19:16 AM

I hope Holo continues to improve despite prices almost altcoins is declining, adding in top exchange is a solution to make prices skyrocket.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: