Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:27:34 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CROWD FUNDING ASIC  (Read 1082 times)
papamoi (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 04:12:04 AM

HI Guys

as everybody should know ,i m trying to make my own asic.But costs of NRE is making things difficult.

Recently i ve been working with a design house who came with the following:
 of an asic based on 65 nm and with a hashing speed of 0.7/0.8 gigahash/sec.

With a QFN package the NRE(design+full mask+packaging+design of pcb) will be around 900 000 on wich we ll get around 120 000 chips .

These chips will give us 84 terahash/sec this mean a our cost for the first 84 terahash will be around 10700 usd and a cost per chip of 7.5 usd/chips.

My idea is the following:

People who are ready to buy the first 84 terahash at the cost price of 7.5 usd/chip or 10700 usd/terahash will have the possibility to order twice the hashing power (in chips) 3 usd/chip or 4280 usd/terahash.

The next sales will be at a discounted price for the first comers and kickstarters.

P.s i ll put myself 20/100 of the amount to get this done.

The design is almost ready and we need now to go to tape-out and have the funds ready as soon as possible.

I m thinking to put this on a crowd funding website to get this done properly so any suggestion at this point would be welcome.

I would prefer to have limited participant in order to get some wholesalers  who then we ll distribute their chips as they like but i don t want to limit anyone in this

Please forward your comment/thought here or thru pm

thanks
Tafelpoot

Activity: 191
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 10:12:03 AM

Dear bitcointalkers,

after having and hear about issues with several exchanges:

we are studying the possibility to start one with the maximum services/features we can offer.

So i m trying to have a number of people who will be interested in using our services and if you have suggestion also of services you would like to have in it

thanks

So you started working on a currency exchange 4 days ago and now you're also building an ASIC. Impressive.
How old are you? 12?
Operatr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 12:20:25 PM

You might try presenting something that looks like an actual business plan opposed to a vague post. "Hi guys I want to build an ASIC please supply money and I'll figure out the rest" isn't good enough.

papamoi (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 12:26:38 PM

Dear bitcointalkers,

we are studying the possibility to start one with the maximum services/features we can offer.

So i m trying to have a number of people who will be interested in using our services and if you have suggestion also of services you would like to have in it

thanks

So you started working on a currency exchange 4 days ago and now you're also building an ASIC. Impressive.
How old are you? 12?

COMING  from a guy who 48 as activity i m very impressed by you

(LOL)
papamoi (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 12:29:34 PM

You might try presenting something that looks like an actual business plan opposed to a vague post. "Hi guys I want to build an ASIC please supply money and I'll figure out the rest" isn't good enough.

Well just ask questions you ve need to get answered and i ll reply my best
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 12:31:15 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2013, 01:00:54 PM by Welsh

Dear bitcointalkers,

thanks

How old are you? 12?

COMING  from a guy who 48 as activity i m very impressed by you

(LOL)

Activity doesn't mean that he isn't right. I'm not saying he's right or wrong about what he stated. But, I do believe you need to focus on one thing at a time unless you have partners which can lend a hand. Focusing on more than one thing can cause problems with both projects. You need to seriously consider the pros and cons of this.

If you have, then you need to try to persuade people rather than giving them a vague post. If you go into detail you will receive a lot more attention. Most people see this and leave the page without even reading past the second line. Because, it doesn't look professional enough (Judging this on the amount of reviews VS Replies).

This could be good. If you don't good the same path as BFL and companies like that.
VeeMiner

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

bitcoin hodler

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 12:33:40 PM

where can I send the bitcoins to? seems like a great business plan. Just disregard AM, Avalon, BFL, Cointerrra, KnCMiner and Hashfast, they are suckers Smiley
papamoi (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 12:45:53 PM

where can I send the bitcoins to? seems like a great business plan. Just disregard AM, Avalon, BFL, Cointerrra, KnCMiner and Hashfast, they are suckers Smiley

this is a partnership and we ll need to find the right place where the amount will be collected ,secured etc.
no question of btc at this time ,we are speaking in term of fiat as this is what it is needed to make achieve this project

btw,we have the ability to achieve this alone but we prefer to share the risk.

regarding the exchange project we have hire another team wich is working on this also,there is no difficulties in starting managing two or more projects in once .

if people are not interested then we ll go by our own and take 100% of the risk and reward.

just FYI my project have been delayed because of bitfury:

i ve got a comitment from him on his chips in april so i put my project on hold.when his chips were ready he decided not to fullfil his comitment this is the reason we have been late for this.

my english is very limited and i ll  be happy to someone with good english to prepare the contract/comitment for people who are interested in this project

the difference here with the other project is that you ll be considered as partners not customers.

i ve replied to some of the questions in hardware sections

thanks

hasher87

Activity: 686

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 12:59:41 PM

papamoi (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 02:55:20 PM

For people who are interested ,

a draft of the layout of the chip

bobboooiie

Activity: 656

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 03:01:51 PM

almost all ASIC companies are crowd funded by "us" unfortunately...
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 03:09:18 PM

are you the guy who got scammed like $20-40k ( i can't remember ) on the "bitcoin machine" that everyone told you not to buy, but you bought it anyways ? if so... did you ever get your money back ?

papamoi (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 04:02:31 PM

are you the guy who got scammed like $20-40k ( i can't remember ) on the "bitcoin machine" that everyone told you not to buy, but you bought it anyways ? if so... did you ever get your money back ?

unfortunately nothing came back until now it was around 48k
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 06:19:08 PM

unfortunately nothing came back until now it was around 48k

Does that mean something came now? Or that nothing ever came?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: