Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:00:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Not merit, demerit is the way to go!  (Read 508 times)
di.ako.toh

Activity: 154
Merit: 121

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:33:20 PM

I see demerits in a negative way, im used to accept the goodness of giving merits to quality posts. Because, i think demerits could lead to hurt feelings of each other, while in giving merits it compliments the work of others while not hurting anybody even you dont give merit to them.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Randolf007

Activity: 154
Merit: 2

Adonx.one

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:29:01 PM

Currently, the current system is very good but does not work properly. Because many beginners make good posts, but little appreciation. Because many of its members are less concerned with the fate of newby newbie. hopefully the masters spend a little time looking at the good postings of the new and giving a little appreciation, spurring the spirit of making better posts. Together we can advance the world of cryptocurrency.

◆▬▬▬◆Adonx.one◆▬▬▬◆
◆▬▬◆▬▬◆A New Exchange Era◆▬▬◆▬▬◆
◆▬▬▬◆▬▬▬◆BUY NOW!◆▬▬▬◆▬▬▬◆
sofi@

Activity: 238
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 11:11:53 PM

Merit system is on it's early age to assume that this is not working or does not result to a good outcome for this forum, but the way I see it I think many are still holding their sendable merits and are still hesitant to use it that's why we only see few merits in this forum. People are not getting used to it and might be afraid of giving it, but maybe sooner when everyone is familiarized in the system and can handle merits properly I think it will turn out as a good policy.

Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 12:58:50 AM

I think reddit is a fine example why we should try not to use a demerit system. It would either have to be limited, possibly to merit sources only or a limited amount of demerits for all users based on some other factor.

It's quite obvious if you take a look at reddit that a lot of the responses get down votes just because some people don't agree with their point, it doesn't matter if it's constructive or not or brings up valid points it will get downvoted.
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 6146

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 01:41:05 AM

Why don't we demerit for spam, off topic, insults or scam attempts and increase thereby the quality of this forum?

If their would be somehow a punishment for bad quality post this would really motivate people to increase their forum behavior.

You have something to punish spamming kind of post which is 'report to moderator' button.
Exactly.

I would even agree to a harder banning policy, for example with a new forum rule that explicitly targets the most obvious spam methods (e.g "if more than 50% of an account's contributions are reported because of low quality they get a warning and then be banned"). Above all the high ranked accounts - including me, of course Wink - should stay "under observation" from other members. People should not be afraid to report a "Legendary" or "Hero" if he/she continuously spams the forum, for example participating in the famous "nonsense megathreads". And if they do and continue so even after a warning, they should get red trust or directly be banned, above all if they try to rank their alt accounts up rewarding them with merits.

I also would like to kindly ask the bounty campaign managers, above all those in the altcoin sections working for ICO projects, to control their "workers" more closely and ban spammers from their campaigns. This is even in their interest - if your company appears in a signature below spam posts, nobody (apart from other spammers) would read it, and even worse - it would give them a bad, "fishy" image. Some managers are doing it well already, others less. Bad campaign managers should be sanctioned, too.

I am against a demerit system because of the obvious reasons @Welsh, @athanz88, and @hilariousetc mentioned. There is a reason that there is no "dislike" button at Facebook, for example.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 02:19:14 AM

The same argument can be used as it was used with facebook posts. If you don't like it, then don't like it. Therefore, if the post doesn't deserve merit, then don't give it merit... BUT then we have those ANN threads and the rest of posts who get high amount of merit when they shouldn't and I don't really have any solution for that other than removing the option to give merit in service section.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2018, 02:27:14 PM

I totally disagree with this demerit system that you are promoting. Come to think of it. Are you sure that the ones who will be demerit are the spam, off topics or any posts that are shitty? No because you can demerit anyone if you feel you want to do it or you will demerit someone you are hating so much or someone who disagree with your posts.

Having this demerit system is like having a dislike button on facebook or detweet(hahaha) on twitter.

One more, you said that the merit system is not working properly. This is the reality that most people doesn't like to wait in short impatient. Merit system is implemented just 2-3 weeks ago and yet you are saying that its not working properly?? FUCK OFF why don't you give some time for it. People will just adopt this new system as time pass by.

Anyway, I disagree with demerit system Cheesy

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
SmellsCinnamon

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 03:36:19 PM

Merit system is working and better than demerit system(if to be implemented). Why?

1. Because having merit would boost your morale. Because every merit you've received was all from hard work, your hard work. With this, people are recognizing that you have contrbuted something in the forum. I'm sure you'll feel the same way too when you receive one.

2. Because having demerit makes things more difficult. Having negativity on your account would decrease the trust of people who're surrounding you. Do you really want people to picture you with the number of mistakes you have? Plus IMO, if have demerits i would rather not show up in this forum again.

I agree with this post. They feel motivated to post meaningful replies in a thread. However, there are a lot of users that have 2 or more accounts. They merit their low rank accounts using the high rank accounts they have. Also, some users have high-ranked friends in real life and ask for them to merit their low rank accounts.

But this merit system excites me to improve my posts and I'm going to support this instead of the demerit system.
greggypiggy

Activity: 141

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 04:54:21 AM

If I got some demerits for posts that I thought were reasonable, then I'd probably walk away from the forum. People would award demerits out of jealousy and spite, and not because of post quality.

Absolutely! People tends to give demerits whether he has a good quality post or not as long as he doesnt like the member.
Kwame Genius

Activity: 260
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 07:16:44 AM

Roll EyesŸ
Hey Guys,

The new merit system is not working properly and I think this can be quite dangerous for the quality of this forum.

Why? Simply because they are quite a lot very brilliant posts in this forum (especially in the local forums) which are not merited at all (not even 1 point). If you then see that they are a lot of free merit / scam threads this really dumps your motivation in creating serious content in this forum - cause its simply unfair.

Now consider there is a newbie who affords lot of time in creating some nice content in order to rank up, not merited at all. What do you think the motivation of this guy is going? Do you think he is gonna try this again?

So why don't we think about an demerit system?

Why don't we demerit for spam, off topic, insults or scam attempts and increase thereby the quality of this forum?

If their would be somehow a punishment for bad quality post this would really motivate people to increase their forum behavior.

I am exited how you think about that.
If the merit system is not working for you, then demerit system is worse for me.
It is more prone to abuse in a world where it is more easy to criticize than to appreciate.
I'm good with the merit system. I also believe it would take some more time to be as functional as what it is supposed to be.

@xianbits hope you have clamp the ladder to the top and therefore nothing is worrying you about the merit system like the newbie . I think no body in this world, who try to work hard, and a point in time, need to be promoted and but the company rules and regulations are tying him up not to go up, it creates some sign of tension where the person becomes boring. So the merit system which has now become Mountain View is given the newbies headache. Some member will think because many people are joining the bitcoin forum and and the number is increasing he or she don't like it, so the merit system which is blocking the chance of newbie ranking up is giving you guys joy.
My brothers, please if you have the chance to grow in life give that chance for other people to grow also.

center]fLibero.Financial
Hyper deflationary | Automatic Staking & Compounding
OcTA Bd

Activity: 278

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 11:58:05 AM

Hey Guys,

The new merit system is not working properly and I think this can be quite dangerous for the quality of this forum.

Why? Simply because they are quite a lot very brilliant posts in this forum (especially in the local forums) which are not merited at all (not even 1 point). If you then see that they are a lot of free merit / scam threads this really dumps your motivation in creating serious content in this forum - cause its simply unfair.

Now consider there is a newbie who affords lot of time in creating some nice content in order to rank up, not merited at all. What do you think the motivation of this guy is going? Do you think he is gonna try this again?

You are right. To ke I think this merit system has narrowed our path for being high ranked. But if it's needed to control the post quality then Merit system may be applied to high ranked id. Because it already seen that many high ranked id has a low post quality.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂   https://tecracoin.io  ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
UNITING SCIENTISTS, INVESTORS AND THE BLOCKCHAIN COMMUNITY
Zach707

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:33:05 PM

Hey Guys,

It could be harder than the Merit system bro. If ever this Demerit System proposal of yours be implemented, who are going to be the police? Who are going to give demerits on someone? That would only create a lot chaos and feuds among us. For me, merit is a pat in the back while demerit would be a spank in the back. So better this way, anyway the merit system is not even a month old for us say that it is not working.
Throwing Daggers

Activity: 33
Merit: 8

"Throwing daggers to your ugly post"

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:01:38 PM
Merited by GDragon (1)

Hey Guys,

Simple minded always think about the negative solutions. Why do we need demerit? actually this thing can make our forum more complicated. You know that merits is very complex system, then adding demerit system, are you serious about that? Your merits depends on you so if you don't have time to make some quality posts then don't hope for merits. It's a simple logic that can be manage by some normal persons, it always depends on you. No adding more system, it makes more issues on our forum than supporting the community of cryptocurrency.

◕  CRYPTO SOUK  ◕
█ focuses on the needs of novice traders █
xianbits

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:44:13 PM

Roll EyesŸ
Hey Guys,

If the merit system is not working for you, then demerit system is worse for me.
It is more prone to abuse in a world where it is more easy to criticize than to appreciate.
I'm good with the merit system. I also believe it would take some more time to be as functional as what it is supposed to be.

@xianbits hope you have clamp the ladder to the top and therefore nothing is worrying you about the merit system like the newbie . I think no body in this world, who try to work hard, and a point in time, need to be promoted and but the company rules and regulations are tying him up not to go up, it creates some sign of tension where the person becomes boring. So the merit system which has now become Mountain View is given the newbies headache. Some member will think because many people are joining the bitcoin forum and and the number is increasing he or she don't like it, so the merit system which is blocking the chance of newbie ranking up is giving you guys joy.
My brothers, please if you have the chance to grow in life give that chance for other people to grow also.
I don't know where are you coming. Why are you hitting on me? I've been in the low ranks before and I know the feeling struggling to be one step higher. I am not enjoying the merit system but the topic says a demerit could be better which for me is the other way around. But if I am to chose wether a merit or a demerit system, I'll go for the merit system 'cause I think the demerit system is even worse. Furthermore, if I am to chose from merit system or the old system, I will chose the old system.
Again, merit system is not giving me happiness knowing it could make delays to the ranking up. But what else can we do?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▌                          ▐
▌      ███████████████     ▐
▌      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▐
▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▐
▌      █████████████▄      ▐
▌      ████      ▀███▌     ▐
▌      ████       ▐███     ▐
▌      ████      ▄███▌     ▐
▌      █████████████▀      ▐
▌      ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

ERSISTENCE
BUILDING THE BRIDGE ━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Protocol Powering
Next-Gen Financial Products
/            ━━━
Buy XPRT
\               ▄▄▄▄
          ▄██▀▀▀▀██▄
     ▄▄▄▄██▀      ▀██
  ▄██▀▀▀██▀        ▐█▌
 ██▀     █▀  ▄    ▄██
▐█▌        ▄██▄▄▄██▀
 ██▄      ▄██▀▀▀▀
  ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ 
     ▀▀▀▀   
DeFi

▄██▄  ▀████████▄
 ▄██▀▀██▄        ▀██▄
███    ▀██▄        ███
 ▀██▄    ▀██▄    ▄██▀
   ▀██▄    ▀██▄▄██▀
     ▀██▄    ▀██▀
       ▀██▄▄██▀
         ▀██▀
NFT

▄██▄
                  ▄██▀▀██▄
       ▄██▄     ▄██▀    ▀██▄
     ▄██▀▀██▄ ▄██▀        ▀██▄
   ▄██▀    █████            ▀██▄
 ▄██▀    ▄██▀ ▀██▄            ▀██▄
██▀    ▄███▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄
PoS

ANN | Twitter | Medium | GitHub
Reddit | YouTube | Discord
Telegram ANN | Telegram Community
mohammadzayadi

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:03:51 PM

We need a few more months yet to determine if the merit system is working.
So what if the merit system does not work? Will there be another system?
Currently many people exchanging merit, I think this system still needs improvement.

OOOBTC.com ●  ●  Trade Crypto On This Awesome Platform
▬▬ ●  Lightning Enabled  | Fast & Secure  |  11 Mil Bounty ●  ▬▬
Bounty Thread Whitepaper FB Page Twitter Telegram
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: