Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 09:05:12 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Companies that are scary  (Read 2417 times)
Bakemat

Activity: 779
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 02:28:56 PM

Of all the large companies that are now large internet players, do anyone particularly scare you in terms of how you data and track could be used? Amazon, Facebook, Twitter, …?

There are several big internet social media's who can actually advertise cryptocurrency like facebook and twitter but they suddenly ban all cryptocurrency related advertisements.
Impulseboy

Activity: 196
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 03:35:14 PM

Of all the large companies that are now large internet players, do anyone particularly scare you in terms of how you data and track could be used? Amazon, Facebook, Twitter, …?

I think Facebook is the most evidently intrusive. They monitor all of your online activity pretty much and then shape your thoughts and such with targeted advertising. There will come a time in the future when the world decides it needs to take a step back from such intrusion in to their personal lives.

I think it's Google. We are using much more of their services and they cross-compile a Big Data by that.

People can live without Facebook (like me, I don't use it), but it's very hard to avoid all Google services and work online.

I think you are right. I was to say Facebook is the most intrusive of all but then you said Google and it had me thinking how much we all use Google every day. One day, Facebook will close but it will be very hard to get rid of Google. Besides we use it for work and leisure so the amount of data it collects from users is massive.
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 04:49:38 PM

While some people will say Facebook is really scary or other similar companies I disagree because you can avoid using them, it is not like they are forcing you to use their services, I really think that the most scary companies when it comes to the internet are the internet service providers or ISP since they know everything about you and you cannot avoid to have to use one.
tenebriscaelum

Activity: 462
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 04:56:21 PM

I am not afraid of the companies that have some of my data like facebook or twitter. I am more afraid of individuals that might use my data to either harm me or to make fraudulent activities posting as me, it is already been proven by many stalkers and people who want to scam other people. Imagine have a case filed to you without you doing anything or having been blackmailed of the personal information that you do not want to be leaked.
realsteve

Activity: 69
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 07:45:35 PM

I get a little creeped out when my phone knows my schedule and tells me how long it will take to drive home from where I am. I know some of these notifications are coming from Google but I think some of them are from Apple as well.

I don't like it. If I want to know traffic conditions, I'll look it up myself, thank you.
Ctn

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 07:52:13 PM

They dont scare me but they are the one who knows lot more things about me than myself. They track the activities and know what I like, what I eat and when I order. All this is because of the cookies stuff. They get stored and tracked later on and thus my whole browser gets filled with the advertisement that are relevant to my likes. I guess this is big strategy by these players to lure us so that we can buy more from them and keep ourselves as their permanent customers. Its not scary but its like having our whole biodata with is kind of nervous feeling and feels like someone knows too much about us and steal our money that way. lol on that.
zero9119

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 09:31:45 PM

I think Facebook is the most evidently intrusive. They monitor all of your online activity pretty much and then shape your thoughts and such with targeted advertising. There will come a time in the future when the world decides it needs to take a step back from such intrusion in to their personal lives.

I think it's Google. We are using much more of their services and they cross-compile a Big Data by that.

People can live without Facebook (like me, I don't use it), but it's very hard to avoid all Google services and work online.

I think you are right. I was to say Facebook is the most intrusive of all but then you said Google and it had me thinking how much we all use Google every day. One day, Facebook will close but it will be very hard to get rid of Google. Besides we use it for work and leisure so the amount of data it collects from users is massive.
Every company and corporation in the world has their own way of developing in different areas and the competition is extremely tough. The disappearance of this company is the opportunity for other companies to grow and develop stronger. I think that the terrible rejection of today's large corporations is the reason for the very positive development of companies that do not want to stay behind.
westril688

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 12:54:32 PM

Let the people choose to decide whether they still trust the mentions companies or not. Personally I trust them because I know they will not let the people suffer. They will not destroy their good name for just a simple things. Maybe at the future they will launch their own coin in the market.
I don't think big companies like Facebook, Twitter, Amazon, do anything to scare their members because everyone trusts them. Therefore they are not worried that the data will be misused. If the company prohibits crytocurrency-related advertising, it's 100% business oriented, because they wait and see about cryptocurrency. Cryptocurreny is a digital currency that can someday become a payment instrument worldwide.
taiwww

Activity: 588
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 01:09:09 PM

We have biggest example of such breach from the well known company like Facebook and I am sure that everyone will have the same opinion as of mine. Dont forget that they used our personal data publicly to share with the third parties and this was confirmed by the Mark himself. Not only this I do believe that other companies like Amazon, Twitter, and Google are using our day to day activities to track our movement and know what we like and what we dont like. Depending upon which they do make changes to how the internet looks like to us and thus its kind of use of info itself. But may be no one says anything about it as it comes under user agreement and thus we ourselves giving them permission to use it.
beyasuli

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 05:51:55 AM

Facebook I think is the most because of connections  you are expose to many people that can hack or get the information they needed, they may easily have access to you considering they are open also to many posting, comments etc.
This is scary when our data is owned by the company, because it can be misused. But what else do we have to do because every time we make a transaction such as a home or car loan, the loan company must ask for our personal data. Without that, credit cannot be given. So, for me there is no problem as long as it is not misused.
Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2018, 06:02:36 AM

While some people will say Facebook is really scary or other similar companies I disagree because you can avoid using them, it is not like they are forcing you to use their services, I really think that the most scary companies when it comes to the internet are the internet service providers or ISP since they know everything about you and you cannot avoid to have to use one.

That is not entirely true, i mean ,the part where you can avoid using facebook. Their widgets are everywhere and can track your activity even if you are not using facebook.

For the rest i agrre completely with ISP and add that they can be easily forced by law to reveal the traffic of some individual if needed.
Aleth

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 08:01:55 AM

Actually all are risky, your infos are needed and people will come to  know your privte infos and other details of your life. You need to be very careful then to how you wpuld disclose your identity.
TheClownSong

Activity: 1428
Merit: 251

solidtradebank.com | 5%-15% Welcome Bonus

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 09:27:31 AM

I think big company will take benefits from cryptocurrency. Big internet company must be adapting cryptocurrency on their platform and i think they not afraid on crypto development. Its good for them to adapt rather than againts crypto because they have a lot user that involve in cryptomarket

Qi.Blockchain|The only blockchain the
world will ever need
|Eco-friendly
Decentralized
Secure, Fast
|
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
|
@Mhaiang

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 10:04:58 AM

It's been already on the talks in which google, for instance, is using tracker that is tracking us and use our personal data. That's really sound so scary as we know that this action is clearly a breach to data privacy and if not, this tracker annoys me with such advertisements of products related to my interests.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                         
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
ngano ba

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 10:52:42 AM

We can not blame fo this situations that there are really companies which is scared of accepting and collaborating with bitcoin and other cryptocutrency, this is because they think that cryptocurrency are not yet fully accepted worldwide and not all companies are honoring the cryptocurrency technology.
Salala1

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 11:43:46 AM

There has been the scare by most banks and they are used to scare with the intention that cryptocurrencies will overtake the activities of their investments and others.
jostorres

Activity: 2464
Merit: 585

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 04:25:01 PM

I think oil companies are quite scary. We are talking about the company that drills earth to make money, that fraks or whatever that is to make profits, that spills oil all over the ocean and just pay a fine like that would fix something and still cause the earth to get closer to death one more day with each day they work.

These companies are the reason for us to be in this mess and why we are starting look for mars or whatever to run away from earth. Earth is literally sick, it created a fever, it will sweat first but it will kill all the things that causes it to be sick -us- and get better afterwards.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Dadaro

Activity: 124

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 08:38:55 AM

I think Facebook is the scariest of them all. collecting your personal data with you agreeing with it without you knowing. it happens the moment you make an account. below list is the list of scary things about facebook.
1. FACEBOOK CAN USE YOUR PICTURE FOR WHATEVER IT WANTS
2. FACEBOOK CAN KEEP COPIES OF IMAGES YOU DELETE
3. FACEBOOK CAN SELL YOUR FACE FOR ADVERTISING PURPOSES
putrisa

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 11:26:06 AM

I think it has become a natural thing if there are some companies that feel scared if there is bitcoin and a lot of bitcoin circulation that will make the country or group unable to commit corruption or other bad things.
spongegar

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 05:02:49 AM

I'd think facebook is scsry for me because i myself am a heavy user of it and almost all my apps are synced up to it so I don't need to enter my passwords all the time. That being said, there is alot of pertinent dta there about me. Although this data in itself is not important, but combined with others, it's dangerous.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: