Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:37:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoin and investment  (Read 2114 times)
jdoi (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 4

Hi

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:44:32 AM

Being a newbie, I'm looking for a good direction on learning about the markets and trading. How would you decide which ICO to invest in? Cryptocurrency is too volatile, but so there is still many people who go into investment that goes even in the newest coins which are similar (not same) in the functionality that they offer (e.g. anonymity). What is the possibility on any of these coins (or digital currency in general) being successful (or profitable)? I'm also not clear on how does the value of coin inflate or deflate; especially when the flow is controlled by the developers?

tl;dr Any resources or pointers on the topic are appreciated.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
auliahr

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 10:20:04 AM

Being a newbie, I'm looking for a good direction on learning about the markets and trading. How would you decide which ICO to invest in? Cryptocurrency is too volatile, but so there is still many people who go into investment that goes even in the newest coins which are similar (not same) in the functionality that they offer (e.g. anonymity). What is the possibility on any of these coins (or digital currency in general) being successful (or profitable)? I'm also not clear on how does the value of coin inflate or deflate; especially when the flow is controlled by the developers?

the first thing I did was read and study his whitepaper. we see what the concept is, how to solve the problem he gave and what he will do (road map). honestly there are so many details to explain, but you can start from the whitepaper.
wiss19

Activity: 2100
Merit: 338

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 11:45:08 AM

for a newbie does have to work hard at first
but I have a suggestion if it intends to be an investor
you must be very careful in reading a project
in order to find out where the project is going
and do not forget to look at the project's supporters whether it's official or not that matters most to me

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
AdamRay

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:38:30 PM

I rather like investing in altcoin because now there are a lot of good projects that are set up to create a crypto with good technical background and high practical application. Altcoins that do not meet the needs of the market will be eliminated and replaced by better altcos. I often invest in new and potential altcoins because it is a great opportunity for you to invest and work together on your project.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
CrazyJoker

Activity: 689
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:14:06 PM

Hi! Let me share my step order for make an investment decision:
1. Whitelist (full information that create my imagination of project)
2. Team (who can realize idea, their success and some achievers)
3. Roadmap (plans and potential, where they would like to be as result)
4. Cap (soft or hard, the demand on it)
5. My own forecast (how cool is an idea? Is it really needed for society?)
riaruhs09

Activity: 184

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:49:59 PM

thank you, I also understand how to choose a good investment with the information you provide, by the way I will also make an investment and will try to understand more deeply.

AdamRay

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:18:10 PM

This is a pretty complete review of an altcoin to decide on investing in it. Many thanks for your sharing here. The cryptocurrency community desperately need those who share their precious knowledge like you.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
hlk251

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:32:42 PM

whitelist/idea, number of competitors and marcetcap forecast.

these three things will help for the beginning.

then you should check that what happened after xxxcoin listed in an exhange. is it going down or up?
bitlyra

Activity: 142

crestonium.io - 0% fees cryptobank

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 10:19:09 PM

Choosing potential ICO is not that simple to do because we cannot determine what is the best ICO and all we only have is a guess and speculations. But at least we check its popularity in the telegram and some of good ICO also are being published in the social media.  You must to check also if they have a whitepaper and website.

jdoi (OP)

Hi

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 12:08:04 AM

the first thing I did was read and study his whitepaper. we see what the concept is, how to solve the problem he gave and what he will do (road map). honestly there are so many details to explain, but you can start from the whitepaper.

Thanks, that covers a lot of points and a good idea in general on how to approach investing.
(Though frankly I need a little work on understanding markets, caps and demands Smiley )

Choosing potential ICO is not that simple to do because we cannot determine what is the best ICO and all we only have is a guess and speculations. But at least we check its popularity in the telegram and some of good ICO also are being published in the social media.  You must to check also if they have a whitepaper and website.

I rather like investing in altcoin because now there are a lot of good projects that are set up to create a crypto with good technical background and high practical application. Altcoins that do not meet the needs of the market will be eliminated and replaced by better altcos. I often invest in new and potential altcoins because it is a great opportunity for you to invest and work together on your project.

True. Though there are so many projects, it is difficult to filter out the "good" ones. I usually looked at the coins whose concept interested me. As an idea, I think the decentralized currency that we initially liked and aimed for is no more.

whitelist/idea, number of competitors and marcetcap forecast.

these three things will help for the beginning.

then you should check that what happened after xxxcoin listed in an exhange. is it going down or up?

As I understand after the initial investment there are multiple approaches to trading - short and long term, which can work. Though I'm uncertain if the usual approaches hold true for  crpto trading - in that since the value of so many coins fluctuate violently and there is a chance of a large downturn, if there are better ways to control loss or profits.

jdoi (OP)

Hi

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 12:24:20 AM

On the flip side, I also considered mining, which could also be considered as an investment, but is usually controlled by ones with the highest hash rate, and hence seems like the need of having a large number of computing units (cpu,gpu,asics) to be successful. Which converts to significant initial investment with additional risk and effort.
kirstiemorton23

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 03:32:42 AM

If the whitepaper is not clear and does not make sense, we'd better move away.
Info about team, ability, credibility - If the team that handles the ICO is not given, or kept a secret, we'd better move away. The project is against the law or not - If the project can be against the law, we'd better move away.
smartsan

Activity: 196

Spokkz ICO

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 06:36:20 AM

Yes investing in the altcoins really gives you more profit in the future.

✦ ────────  SPOKKZ  ──────── ✦
A COMMUNITY-POWERED FILM & TV BLOCKCHAIN ECOSYSTEM
✦ ────────  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Linkedin ⬝  Medium   ──────── ✦ Join Pre-Sale
Max.junior1

Activity: 134

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 07:01:37 AM

On the flip side, I also considered mining, which could also be considered as an investment, but is usually controlled by ones with the highest hash rate, and hence seems like the need of having a large number of computing units (cpu,gpu,asics) to be successful. Which converts to significant initial investment with additional risk and effort.
Getting bitcoin by mining is a huge advantage. Mining is long term, requires a lot of capital to do mining. And mining is also not too high risk, unlike investment in altcoin. Because investment in bitcoin should be smart in reading all companies.
SloggerSasha

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 07:35:15 AM

I would recommend joining the project SocialMedia.Market. This project will create a global marketplace for advertisers and influencers among every major social network, providing convenient and transparent tools for the interaction of any party involved.
arwin100

Activity: 2716
Merit: 806

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2018, 07:49:28 AM

Getting bitcoin by mining is a huge advantage. Mining is long term, requires a lot of capital to do mining. And mining is also not too high risk, unlike investment in altcoin. Because investment in bitcoin should be smart in reading all companies.

Altcoin investment is much profitable if you know to eliminate the risk beneath on it and many traders became successful on that kind of investment since they research,learn the technicalities and fund it. Althought there's market crash we called then it never take it as serious problem but they made it as another opportunity to buy cheap coins by that moment and earn thousand or even millions to its incoming pump. Mining is just for passive header but you will spend more money on it since you need to buy the latest ones as years past since the difficulty will rise even more harder.

Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:02:50 AM

To decide which ICO to invest I usually read the whitepaper and then join their media social group amd see how they promote the coin and see how many people interested in the coin, maybe some of the coins is almost similar but the development team and the marketing team can make them more standout and different from other, if  you want to  invest in ICO its better to learn before you try, ICO is more dangerous than trading, some of the ICO is scam
BACKSTER

Activity: 86

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:13:59 AM

First of all, I look at white paper, capitalization, the number of coins and their initial value.
Looking at it all you can approximate understand what to expect from a coin.
baghdatis1990

Activity: 504
Merit: 14

Miracle Tele

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:21:20 AM

It is very important when investing in a project to document very well whether the project is viable on the market. You can start by carefully analyzing the project whitepaper. The project team also plays an essential role (personal number, members' experience, achievements). The consultants of the project are also important. Even the way they advertise, they say a lot about the project. But I think the most important factor is the problem addressed by the project.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
jdoi (OP)

Hi

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 09:01:47 AM

Altcoin investment is much profitable if you know to eliminate the risk beneath on it and many traders became successful on that kind of investment since they research,learn the technicalities and fund it. Althought there's market crash we called then it never take it as serious problem but they made it as another opportunity to buy cheap coins by that moment and earn thousand or even millions to its incoming pump. Mining is just for passive header but you will spend more money on it since you need to buy the latest ones as years past since the difficulty will rise even more harder.

+1 on Altcoin investment. I admit once setup Bitcoin, or any other currency that we mine would give out  profits till the difficulty goes higher and the hardware is deprecated. Worse still is more than a few number of these machines (especially asics) might require large initial investment, with no definite timeline when the difficulty is going to surpass the point of returning no profits. Unlike GPUs, which can be re-sold, the ASICs have little use other than to look for other coin with same protocol. One other factor is the lifetime of Asics available today is circumspect with little warranty that the company provides. Though I might seem a little cautious, from my perspective investing altcoin seemed better option. Though I might play with GPU mining at some point, doubt that'll bring in significant profit, but it'll be fun.

To decide which ICO to invest I usually read the whitepaper and then join their media social group amd see how they promote the coin and see how many people interested in the coin, maybe some of the coins is almost similar but the development team and the marketing team can make them more standout and different from other, if  you want to  invest in ICO its better to learn before you try, ICO is more dangerous than trading, some of the ICO is scam

It is very important when investing in a project to document very well whether the project is viable on the market. You can start by carefully analyzing the project whitepaper. The project team also plays an essential role (personal number, members' experience, achievements). The consultants of the project are also important. Even the way they advertise, they say a lot about the project. But I think the most important factor is the problem addressed by the project.

First of all, I look at white paper, capitalization, the number of coins and their initial value.
Looking at it all you can approximate understand what to expect from a coin.

All sound advice. One question though how is the initial value determined before any launch? Wouldn't they all start at minimum (1 sat) and appreciate according to supply and demand. Also could one of you clarify on the supply of coins - How is the initial supply generated? Why lower number of coins are valued more than say a supply in billions. Wouldn't it be better to have a large supply especially if the coin ends up being popular?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: