Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:40:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for 7.4 BTC for seeding Namibian tech dev company  (Read 869 times)
BecomingPhill (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

BTC in Namibia

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 09:54:24 AM
Last edit: September 19, 2013, 12:36:10 AM by BecomingPhill

Please see new thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=296558.0

19YMKfUYc9S2orgBvp3LaHRbBJ5wNQENK1

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 08:16:15 PM

Edit:

I am aware that ROI will not come from mining solely. I am not planning to sit by idly and wait for 350 day break even time. Let me make it clear, I am not buying BE's for the ROI solely. I will be supplementing loan repayment with my salary ( which in usd is about 1000 pm), seeking local investors and using returns on investments in bitcoin I have made. I am starting a tech company with a focus on bitcoin in part of the world that does not have immediate access to bitcoin mining technology so naturally some of the USB BE's I WILL take apart and see what comes of it. Please read post fully and carefully before commenting.

Starting a mining rig by purchasing 20/30 block erupters for maximum .30 BTC  or blade erupters if I can find trusted sellers who will accomodate the price and using the rest to get it shipped down to Namibia where I'm from and purchasing 2 anker hubs (if I go USB route).

Immediate small returns I will smartly invest using bitstamp, mtgox and low risk investment plans like flatbitcoin.com which I am already doing.
The core purpose of this first mining/investment run will be to repay the loan.

I have made one loan under a year ago of 5btc which I have repaid ( see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=103557.msg1135399#msg1135399 ). My national ID details are attached to that post. I can provide further verification where needed.

Looking at my recent previous posts on the forum you will see I made a bad decision to try and buy blade erupters from http://www.asic-technologies.com/ got scammed and lost the amount requested of my own money. I won't make such a mistake again.

I am fully committed to starting a bitcoin mining/investment/useable tech company for southern Africa. I can currently provide around 5% collateral in BTC. I am open to offer collateral in other forms if feasible. I currently own accounts at mtgox, pyramining and bitstamp that are of some small value. I currently mine with a radeon GPU doing 105mhs 24/7.

I am educated in IT. Studied MCSE/MCSD in '01, SuSE Linux Sys admin in '03 and an eSecurity diploma in Germany in '04.

I am self employed and have been for past seven years and am currently restructuring my company which has been based on providing audiovisual services for the last five years into a tech development company of which bitcoin mining/investing will be an integral part of. To a degree I still earn money providing audiovisual services as clientele is residual and they are impressed with my work. I have built a strong reputation with my business culminating in getting an artist from LA to come to Namibia to record his album, subsequently getting media and radio coverage in the US. This event was also covered by our best selling national newspaper ( see https://soundcloud.com/becomingphill, http://www.namibian.com.na/indexx.php?archive_id=103327&page_type=archive_story_detail&page=530 and http://www.okayplayer.com/news/video-malkovich-what-i-know-feat-sum.html  or Google malkovichmusic) This doesn't have much relevance to my mining/investing skills but I hope it goes to show that I am serious about what I say and do.

I do not have a concrete route for what the new company will be developing but I will be taking a cue from the innovation hub model and create and innovative space for tech oriented people to come up with good ideas. I believe bitcoin will be integral to the implementation of those ideas and can help cushion funding requirements in the future.

I am also seeking to become Namibia's first local reseller/purchaser for bitcoins preempting any potential investors who might want to invest over six months. I can safely say that I seem to be the only active Namibian member on bitcointalk which I think does give an advantage in terms of strategically placing myself.

I am willing to accept investor terms if they are reasonable.

Requesting a loan by no means was my first choice, but I recognize that time to enter the market is crucial.

You will need collateral.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
BecomingPhill (OP)

BTC in Namibia

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 03:43:15 PM

Please go to thread, I think the kind of investor I'm looking for has got to understand a bit about VC funding rather than think like a bank or a loan shark.

KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 03:46:46 PM

Please go to thread, I think the kind of investor I'm looking for has got to understand a bit about VC funding rather than think like a bank or a loan shark.

Asking for collateral from a newbie that has no trail is being a loan shark? Amazing. Roll Eyes

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
BecomingPhill (OP)

BTC in Namibia

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 03:54:28 PM

Asking for collateral from a newbie that has no trail is being a loan shark? Amazing. Roll Eyes

Why are you taking offense? The observation I made is correct. I stated in the post how much collateral Im willing to offer, if your loaning scheme doesn't accommodate that then fine. Why not just say I will not fund you unless you have full collateral and leave it at that?

Does it or does it say Full Member under my username? Have you checked my post count? WTH man.

KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 03:58:12 PM

Why are you taking offense? The observation I made is correct. I stated in the post how much collateral Im willing to offer, if your loaning scheme doesn't accommodate that then fine. Why not just say I will not fund you unless you have full collateral and leave it at that?

Why are you taking offense to asking for collateral? Why not just say "Trust me implicitly with your coins?" Really, most of your posts are asking for loans or talk of being scammed. This doesn't inspire much trust in your business decisions. Therefore the need for collateral.

Albert Einstein
BecomingPhill (OP)

BTC in Namibia

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 04:06:42 PM

Why are you taking offense to asking for collateral? Why not just say "Trust me implicitly with your coins?" Really, most of your posts are asking for loans or talk of being scammed. This doesn't inspire much trust in your business decisions. Therefore the need for collateral.

Well I guess that concludes our chat for now, as I don't have the collateral you need.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: