Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 06:39:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Addiction or depression!  (Read 741 times)
JohnMacZeppelin

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 05:45:59 PM

Very coolly said about the crypto dependence, today many are sick of this, probably this is indeed the case, but we will not rush things, maybe everything will turn out and in the end this crypto-currency dependence will grow into something very cool and bringing a good income.
crypto002

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 05:47:15 PM

On a lighter side  when price is high it becomes addiction
And when price is down it becomes depression
Samolet

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 05:52:48 PM

That's good ideas but for right now we have the forum of digital currencies and the people can tell their feeling on here about the result of investment in digital coins, on bitcointalk we can share about our experience, suggesting of investment, tips and tricks to be sucessfull in digital coins, this forum is enough for us to tell our voice of fears and the other users will helps for the solutions.

Agree with you. This forum is universal and here we can share even your emotions regarding losses or acquisitions. I'm sure many people from time to time there is procrastination in the work, but we need to have enough will and confidence that the crypto currency is a positive experience, even if for a while everything is flying down.
metalglowd

Activity: 546
Merit: 10

💲 EMIREX EXCHANGE 💲

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2018, 06:25:14 PM

There has been a lot of talk about crypto addictions and depression, sometimes resulting in suicide. Do you think it would be a good idea to create a forum for such kind of help or advice, where people can voice their fears or just be heard and supported.

Despite you told there has been "lot of" talks about addiction, I may tell you - there were not. Everything can turn into addiction so cryptocurrency also. There is no need in creating some new helping tool - that kind of "crypto junkies" can go to basic center that provides help for Forex and other kind of traders that can't stop trading
Investing into cryptocurrency is an investment and the last time I checked, if you get addicted into investing in something good as long as you are smart about your investment, then it is a good addiction which I would not classify as an addiction anyway.

There is no addiction in cryptocurrency even if I am checking the price few times in a day or week, but your intention of checking is what makes it what it is. Some people are already emotional based on bad investments and that is the reason why they check the price every single time, but that is more like a depression than an addiction.

its more they are frustated because of the price, most people (including me) are always want a profit for a short time
but when invest is become a habbit that a someone do just for a few percent of profit, i think it must be stopped as soon possible

because the cryptocurrency price is very vulnerable and can turn into bad anytime, than i even didn't recommend for people to invest.
there's still another way to gain profit.

❱  Whitepaper  ❱   E M R X ─ Token ─   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
[ ◾ telegram   ◾ facebook   ◾ TWITTER ]   New Digital Economy
Sahyadri

Activity: 744
Merit: 266

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 06:29:52 PM

It is not classified as crypto addiction, but as an addiction to making easy money. People have FOMO and that results in a lot of anxiety for people. These FOMOs are pretty common every time a market grows and people cannot stop regretting their stupid moves of selling their coins for cheaper price than the current price.
xaviervilla

Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 07:32:32 PM

There has been a lot of talk about crypto addictions and depression, sometimes resulting in suicide. Do you think it would be a good idea to create a forum for such kind of help or advice, where people can voice their fears or just be heard and supported.

That absolutely is a great idea, I think we really need something like that because addictions and
depressions that soon lead to suicide is real and is truly happening today. I also believe that the
numbers will completely be increasing in the next couple of months or years. Sad thing is, that
would be pretty hard to accomplish. I think that there should be a section for that here where
people suffering the same experience can share their emotions freely without being discriminated
or judged and that whomever does so will receive punishment. But for now, it is accepted in this
section I think and the off topic section is also good for that.
pat25

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 07:34:10 PM

I'm really addicted to the cryptocurrencies, I can not talk about anything else Cheesy.
I can not live with our crypto. Crypto is my life!
tangbori

Activity: 272

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 07:42:47 PM

I'm very addicted to cryptocurrency to the extend that i can't do without it,crypto is my life and my source of income... I love crypto to the fullest
eaglewhite80

Activity: 406
Merit: 36

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 02:05:26 PM

For me addiction in crypto is normal if you seeing your money growing by investing it on some crypto currency,  like me i want to earn more crypto tokens and coins by joining or participating on some bounty campaigns,  i will considered my self as crypto addict, and depression exist when investors lost all his/her money by investing in on a scam ICO projects or wrong coins, and that depression can cause of death.
There is no addiction in a good thing as long as you are not gambling or doing some things that can be negative to your health and mind. However, people gamble in cryptocurrency too since they really just went all in on the market waiting for a get rich quick profit and then things go haywire. The aftermath of that is just simply depression and not addiction which is the reason they will always keep checking every second just to know where they are until the simply panic.
Betszkie12

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 02:30:29 PM

If this is true that there are reports about crypto addiction and suicide as a result, then it should not be taken lightly. A psychiatrist or a psychologist might be needed to analyze behavioral patterns and maybe put a cure to this obsession.
Megashaw

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 02:38:54 PM

I get the crypto addiction whereby during the bull market run you are just happy and you stay glued to your portfolio but during bearish market it is just better to stay off from checking your portfolio cause it leaves one depressed.
But everything sti boils down to the popular advice in crypto "only invest what you can lose". So thereby when it seems you are losing it you won't be bothered talkless of getting depressed. Don't be greedy when investing or trading.
lucemferrum01

Activity: 245
Merit: 10

The Future Of Work

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2018, 02:51:02 PM

This forum is a good idea to help those people has an experienced depression and addiction in this crypto. Many people is willing to share some advice to their problem and also me and i wish it can solve their problem. But i advice that always conquer your fears to make yourself free and new.

▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬ The Future of Work. Decentralized. ▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬
Whitepaper﹞﹝ANN THREAD﹞﹝TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK﹞﹝TWITTER﹞﹝YOUTUBE
btccrusher

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2018, 02:51:53 PM

Neither addiction nor depression, crypto is just an investment and business. I don't think anyone gonna die for it. Opening a forum for crypto-addicts may not be a good idea, we can create a board/sub-board here in our forum. That should be perfect for now.
real eyes realize

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 02:56:05 PM

There is a section in the forum called ''Serious Discussion'', and I think this section can be helpful for the people.

And an important advice, you should never make investment in the cryptocurrencies with big amounts.
btc78

Activity: 2506
Merit: 212

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 02:56:51 PM

Theres no need to open for that because this cam be discussed in off topic or in local section so theres no need to spend some times creating this kind of topic ot area..and besides theres only few whos getting into that issue ,theres so much more inquiries to answer and not this crazy stuffs lol

ginellis

Activity: 85
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 09:08:02 AM

Instead of finding remedy, I like to give my opinion on how there could be no need of getting addictions or depression which may lead to even suicide. If you choose right coin for investment then you will be at safer hands. I do invest only with bitcoin so I will not get depression for any reason. God must be great too !
explosion

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 09:18:56 AM

It's not the question of crypto, in fact. People who tend to get addicted, will get addicted, no matter to what. Someone lose his/her money on gambling, someone on drugs, someone on crypto... If a person knows he/she is emotional and reckless, he/she should stay away from crypto investing and crypto trading.
bungutko

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 09:33:18 AM

In my opinion, I maybe wrong on this but I think this isn't the right page for this thread wherein it is about a psychological scenario however, I know it does involve about cryptocurrency but giving advise to some psychological behavior is somewhat like not related to the discussion. Anyways, since this is already here, I would say that don't let your emotions handle your decision wherein you should think many times before making a decision and if really will be hard for you to decide, then consult somebody that could help you.
Umnikt

Activity: 144

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 09:42:16 AM

It is terrible that people reach such a state because of money and excitement, and it is extremely sad that they go to extreme measures. This forum has enough information about crypto, which can help people not to get into a difficult situation.
Kelaychi

Activity: 58

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 09:48:09 AM

Its a quality idea I must say.
With the downs and ups in crypto investment, scams on ICO and what have you. I think we need a crypto psychologists forum or a section on bitcointalk.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: