Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:39:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Design feedback for www.bitroad.co.uk ---- Reward 10% discount voucher  (Read 2256 times)
Fallen666 (OP)

Activity: 409
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 12:57:44 PM

Hi guys

We are collecting data for the next design upgrade of our website www.bitroad.co.uk

If you have experience in web design or simply want to give you opinion as a visitor please leave your comment and help us develop a better marketplace for everybody.

We will pick 10 random (constructive) feedback and reward the user with a 10% discount voucher.

Thanks in advance for your help

Claudio Levrini

BitRoad Project Manager

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 01:03:47 PM

It seems that your website is actually down.
Fallen666 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 01:06:52 PM

It seems that your website is actually down.

Hi
Server looks ok from our side

Welsh
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 01:17:22 PM

Hi

It's down.

http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/bitroad.co.uk.html

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/bitroad.co.uk

There is no response time at all.

Edit: It is now up.
Fallen666 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 01:20:29 PM

Hi

It's down. http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/bitroad.co.uk.html

That's odd,
I'm online right now and our team is working on database with no problems.
Thanks for your indication I'll look into it

Welsh
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 01:29:47 PM

Hi

That's odd,

It's online now. What ever you did worked. My first thoughts are that the site looks good. However, the pictures on the main page with the white background stand out against the pages background. I think you need to change that to make it look more professional. Also, the contact information at the bottom isn't centred for me. It looks a little messy. If it was in the centre of the screen it would look better in my opinion. Otherwise, the website looks good for it to be in the beta stages. However, the "About us" page font stands out too much. I think it needs to be the same font as the rest of the website is using. The site is responding very slow but that's most likely because you are working on the databases.

Also, adding a live fiat > Bitcoin/Litecoin where the prices are listed would be good. At the moment I don't think you have done that. Otherwise it will require constant updating. Also, I think the "BTC X" looks out of place. Try to make the background of the items listed the same as the box they are located in.

Remember, these are my opinions.
Fallen666 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 01:42:14 PM

Hi

That's odd,

It's online now. What ever you did worked. My first thoughts are that the site looks good. However, the pictures on the main page with the white background stand out against the pages background. I think you need to change that to make it look more professional. Also, the contact information at the bottom isn't centred for me. It looks a little messy. If it was in the centre of the screen it would look better in my opinion. Otherwise, the website looks good for it to be in the beta stages. However, the "About us" page font stands out too much. I think it needs to be the same font as the rest of the website is using. The site is responding very slow but that's most likely because you are working on the databases.

Also, adding a live fiat > Bitcoin/Litecoin where the prices are listed would be good. At the moment I don't think you have done that. Otherwise it will require constant updating. Also, I think the "BTC X" looks out of place. Try to make the background of the items listed the same as the box they are located in.

Remember, these are my opinions.

Thanks for your feedback,

The slowness of the website is due to our server, we are looking into different dedicated solutions that will match our criteria in term of privacy and speed. For now we rather focus on privacy and security instead of speed.

We used to have a fiat price shown in product page but we decided to remove it to increase our BTC / LTC sales over fiat. BTC and LTC prices are updated every 60 seconds.

Thanks for your feedback you're in for the reward.

Have a nice day.

ndsdb

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 08:45:10 PM

Hi,

My first look suggestions.

1. Font size so small.
2. Use HTML 5 if possible.
3. If possible try to reimplement with better ecommerce script rather than PrestaShop.
4. For test purposes, it is ok to use your logo for missing images. However, create a fast loading simple image to replace missing images.
I will try to add more in future.
All the best.
Have a great day
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 07:06:07 AM

I think you need a better logo. It is too generic. The site design is too dark. Use light colors. The buttons like "Shop now" with the ugly 3d effect are ugly.
Fallen666 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2013, 07:33:15 AM

Thanks for the feedback, we will start working on design soon and all your comments are greatly appreciated.

minzie

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2013, 10:55:21 AM
Last edit: September 28, 2013, 01:07:39 PM by minzie

Site looks mostly fine to me, although I personally dislike dark backgrounds. Dark backgrounds tend to swallow white text, and it is harder to focus. I would recommending increasing the font thickness to alleviate that. As ndsbd mentioned, the font is a little small.

Also, I think Arial font is sort of the opposite of what I think you are probably trying to convey to your audience, which I presume is modern, hip, and fresh. Arial font is the default font for web pages, so using another font will aid in the idea of 'fresh', and 'new'. The current website I am building now uses Verdana, but that is just a preference. You do have a nice mix of fonts though, and that is visually appealing.

And not that anyone other than a developer would care, I enjoyed the fact that your source code is readable.

Don't forget https in the midst of your security and privacy. I wouldn't expect to have it enabled for demo purposes though.

I'm not sure if this is an accident, or someone got their css crossed up, but I would have a hard time making a case for this being an intentional decision, namely because most elements are reasonably clean visually speaking. The hover effect is neat, but it serves no purpose other than it is neat. The button, the hover text, and the tooltip all say the exact same thing.

As a consumer, I don't want to be distracted from the merchandise by things that seem out of place.. As a developer, I would wonder how you got that effect, would dig into the source code, and immediately be looking for different ways to optimize the code. I would have completely forgotten about shopping.

Under the info tab at the top, you have a typo. 'Infos' is not a word, it should just be "Info". If this were my website, I would expand the Info pop-over and include the information you have at the bottom of the page.

This will allow you to further declutter the main page. I am also not sure of the need for the logo at the bottom of the page. That is another opportunity to declutter.

Professional Freelance Web Apps Engineer ° Portfolio °  ModoBot Automated Trading Platform ° BitThingy ° My Github  ° Skype: cclites_1
Fallen666 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2013, 11:17:33 AM

Thanks for the very accurate feedback.

matt608

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 05:06:49 PM

On the category pages the bitroad logo on that big silver bar doesn't look good, and beneath the big bar there's smaller versions of the same logo, that doesn't look very good either.  I'm also not sure about having an e-commerce site with a black background, there must be a reason hardly any sites do that, but it's not horrible or anything, it just doesn't have that 'open store' feel.  It's kind of opening a high street shop with really dim lighting, it's probably going to hurt sales. 

Other than these basic things its good, and great to see a bitcoin store opening here in the UK Smiley
vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 05:19:26 PM

if you go onto android tablets and hover over the options "7 inch tablets" "8 9 inch Tablets" ect you have to click the name and not the section.... hope you get what  mean... anyhow would be nice if it was within the banner area you clicked and not the name

Fallen666 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2013, 08:36:36 PM

On the category pages the bitroad logo on that big silver bar doesn't look good, and beneath the big bar there's smaller versions of the same logo, that doesn't look very good either.  I'm also not sure about having an e-commerce site with a black background, there must be a reason hardly any sites do that, but it's not horrible or anything, it just doesn't have that 'open store' feel.  It's kind of opening a high street shop with really dim lighting, it's probably going to hurt sales. 

Other than these basic things its good, and great to see a bitcoin store opening here in the UK Smiley

Thanks for the feedback! Color scheme is one thing we are looking into. Possibly the final version will let you choose from dark and light.

Fallen666 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2013, 08:42:30 PM

if you go onto android tablets and hover over the options "7 inch tablets" "8 9 inch Tablets" ect you have to click the name and not the section.... hope you get what  mean... anyhow would be nice if it was within the banner area you clicked and not the name

True, thanks for the feedback.

Fallen666 (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2013, 11:03:10 PM

Few days to graphic upgrade!

BIGMERVE

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2013, 01:20:39 AM

I think you need a better logo. It is too generic. The site design is too dark. Use light colors. The buttons like "Shop now" with the ugly 3d effect are ugly.

I agree, there are some amazing designers on this forum who can whip one up nice and quick (including me!).

Fallen666 (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2013, 09:18:59 AM

I agree, there are some amazing designers on this forum who can whip one up nice and quick (including me!).

Thanks for your feedback,
Regarding the logo we decided to make a contest between our employees and pick the best one.
Thanks for your offer, do you have suggestion regarding usability and color scheme of website?

Regards

tfk

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2013, 12:04:57 PM

Hi!

Color:
Go for a light theme. These work much better by the majority of people. Also, the payment provider logos will embed better in your site. This because they also were made for light themed sites.

The purpose and naming of your site.
This may be a bit of a shocker but bear with me.  Grin When I read the name bitroad I immediately made the connection bitcoin and silkroad. And I must say that I did expect to enter a new online drugstore. What I'm saying is that piggy bagging on existing names doesn't always work. These things can backfire. Remember, many people in BTC-land are glad that the link Silkroad/BTC is severed because it gave BTC a bad name.

So my question to you is: what kind of shop do you have or do you want to have. What should it communicate to the outside world? And did you position Bitcoin in the right place? With the last one I mean the following. You basically have a shop. It's great that you accept BTC and LTC. But does that mean that these should be in the name/theme of the shop?

I would suggest that you think of your own and unique identity. A mark so unique that it will be a a hallmark in the BTC/LTC community. How do you do that? Simple. By delivering top products, at top prices and with top service. The fact that you accept BTC/LTC will help tremendously as the BTC/LTC community welcome's every new addition to BTC.

As for information to your clients. I assume that you buy products in using fiat currency? Maybe you can play with the exchange rates between dollars (or euro's for that matter) and BTC/LTC. When you inform your clients of the current rate you show them that your prices follow the exchange rates closely and thus the products won't be overpriced when BTC is worth more then it did at the moment the product was bought in by you. Also in the event a coin would become worth less you could hold on to the original exchange rate and create a BTC-discount for a while. Nice for products that aren't selling that well and your clients will love that because this illustrates your commitment to BTC/LTC.

It does this more than a name and a logo with coins...

My 50 BTCcts

TFK

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: