Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:14:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Delete unmerited massages  (Read 396 times)
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 09:41:35 AM

Ok, I got your point. Sorry
What if i will edit my post, is there a problem on that.?

As you can see I'm just on my way to learn on this forum. Rebuke is better than silence it shows you aren't selfish of your learnings. Anyways, thank you. I will bear in mind the new learnings of my mistake. Again thanks for being kind to correct my mistake.

Hope everyone seniors here will kindly rebuke anyone who did mistake to correct and improve the next and future discussion to each other.

Much appreciated. Again Sorry.
Best regard
There's no need to apologize, in theory we want the system to recognize good quality posts, and hopefully we'll reach the point in the future where almost all constructive posts get merit but, at the moment that isn't happening. This doesn't mean the system is failing either, there just isn't enough sources to distribute merit. When there are more sources covering the forum and not overlapping each other we should see an improvement in quality posts getting merited and you would be correct that helpful posts would get merited then.
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitperson

Activity: 210
Merit: 119

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 10:04:06 AM

hopefully we'll reach the point in the future where almost all constructive posts get merit but, at the moment that isn't happening. This doesn't mean the system is failing either, there just isn't enough sources to distribute merit.
I’m not even concerned about not all ‘good’ posts receiving merit. I think it’s quite acceptable for merit to remain somewhat scarce. What’s important is that bad posts don’t receive merit and that spammers thereby lose incentive.

How to ask questions the smart way
When you’re happy with the answers in a thread you have started, please click ‘lock topic’ to prevent spam.
1AWrZWnN4ThpGB5z24WTzsoZRMqvLpDGYU
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 10:06:58 AM
Merited by Foxpup (3)

Bad posts receiving merit should be eliminated eventually when most non source members lose all their merits, and thus the spamming should subside. You'll still see spammers copy and pasting and what not to try and get merit, but hopefully it won't be as much as it was a month ago.

It's true not all good posts should get merited, but quality on topic posts which provide something new to the discussion should probably receive merit. It should be hard to rank up and thought and work needs to be put into it to rank up, but it shouldn't be impossible.
krishnaverma

Activity: 1288
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 11:34:54 AM

You got your wheels on getting merit. You kinda have idea there when I was reading your thread though sounds like your asking for it. The good thing is that thread was not asking directly any merits but you could analyze this one as the same as asking merit. It may sound good to you but we have to accept the truth that merits are given to those thread or post that is meaningful in regards with bitcoin system. I do not think that it includes merit system. Well good luck for the merits. May you gain merits from the thread you started.
Do not agree with this. Merit system is implemented for the whole forum. A member is free to merit any post in any section provided is is sensible and useful for the forum. If we limit merits to a particular section, members will not reply to genuine doubts of other members in various other sections.
@rt27 (OP)

Activity: 227
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 05:13:37 PM

You got your wheels on getting merit. You kinda have idea there when I was reading your thread though sounds like your asking for it. The good thing is that thread was not asking directly any merits but you could analyze this one as the same as asking merit. It may sound good to you but we have to accept the truth that merits are given to those thread or post that is meaningful in regards with bitcoin system. I do not think that it includes merit system. Well good luck for the merits. May you gain merits from the thread you started.

First and foremost starting thread doesn't mean merit must be given. Even though I did a mistake still I'm dreaming to get merit sometimes in the future of my post. Honesty speaking we both need merit in the way of making progress.In addition merit must not be rewarded in wrong application.

Ok, I got your point. Sorry
What if i will edit my post, is there a problem on that.?

As you can see I'm just on my way to learn on this forum. Rebuke is better than silence it shows you aren't selfish of your learnings. Anyways, thank you. I will bear in mind the new learnings of my mistake. Again thanks for being kind to correct my mistake.

Hope everyone seniors here will kindly rebuke anyone who did mistake to correct and improve the next and future discussion to each other.

Much appreciated. Again Sorry.
Best regard
There's no need to apologize, in theory we want the system to recognize good quality posts, and hopefully we'll reach the point in the future where almost all constructive posts get merit but, at the moment that isn't happening. This doesn't mean the system is failing either, there just isn't enough sources to distribute merit. When there are more sources covering the forum and not overlapping each other we should see an improvement in quality posts getting merited and you would be correct that helpful posts would get merited then.

Then, merit is in the process of effectively. This means that there are more exciting changes to come to make bitcoin great again.
coinsniperX

Activity: 404
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 09:52:39 PM

it was only one merits distribution, don't hurry up to delete your posts if they are middle- or high-quality. as far I understood there will be another distribution soon, more fair distribution +some members will have an opportunity to win additional merits(if at least one their post was already merited before). And maybe your posts which you are going to delete now would be merited from that 'fresh-distributed merits'.
@rt27 (OP)

Activity: 227
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 05:54:38 PM

it was only one merits distribution, don't hurry up to delete your posts if they are middle- or high-quality. as far I understood there will be another distribution soon, more fair distribution +some members will have an opportunity to win additional merits(if at least one their post was already merited before). And maybe your posts which you are going to delete now would be merited from that 'fresh-distributed merits'.

Actually I learned a lot on my mistakes, it looks like I am a little bit idiot.  Cheesy
Past is past. The important is the present, and you're right there are good members searching for the applicants to review their massages and if it is quality they will give merit.
bobrova

Activity: 84
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 10:49:40 AM

What is the source of this information regarding another fair distribution ? I have not seen any such announcement by a staff here. Please quote that response if this is true. But the suggestion you gave applies even if no such update is done. Most of the members think that one will get merits instantly (in an hour or so). This is not true, sometimes a member may visit the post written by you later after few days, find it useful and thus leave some merits. You should forget about past posts and concentrate on what you are going to post now.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: