Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:55:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: US Dollar maybe shit aug 2nd GO BITCOIN watch video  (Read 10607 times)
klamathonsite (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2011, 06:34:38 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v​=HTt2_4W55wI

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 06:59:47 PM

If the budget talks stalemate and no agreement is reached by July 22nd, then the US would have in the first time in its history - a ratings downgrade. This of course would result in some interesting knock-on effects. While many have been concerned about the monetization of debt, an event like this would thrust this issue into the public eye.

My prediction is there will be a compromised agreement at the last minute, with grandiose claims made by both sides, while the Fed continues to extend the issuance of debt through non-publicized means.

Executive summary, kick the can further down the road - but the can is getting heavier. Delaying the inevitable with terrible consequences.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3070

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2011, 07:07:42 PM

The United States MUST go bankrupt eventually - it was inevitable once your treasury issued $1 and demanded more than that $1 back (interest).  It's the world's largest ponzi scheme - making new money to pay interest on the old.   But I agree with Timm that a deal will be reached last minute that will raise the debt limit.

An excellent movie explaining this is here:  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1503769/

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
dikidera

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 08:33:24 PM

Link is dead?
alkhdaniel

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 08:45:57 PM

Not really.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTt2_4W55wI
I sure as hell see no difference between those 2 links, however the bottom one doesn't work?? WTF???

There is something wrong with the "v=" part in the second one, however i can't quite find any difference, seriously, if you copypaste the second one and just remove the "v=" part and type it in manually the video loads fine.

Most weird thing '11.

edit: judging by where they link it seems like there is a hidden character in between the "v" and "=".

Here is the invisible character: ​
Try copypaste everything after the ":" into a textbox and then move through it with the arrows on the keyboard and you will see there is something there, what the f*ck is this character lol? Never seen anything like it heh.
myhoho
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 08:49:15 PM

Thanks. Could you please place this link is the first message of this thread?

██████▄  ▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄         
██████████████████████████▄▄     
█████████████████████████████▄   
▄███████████████████████████████ 
▄▄███▄     ▄██████████  ████████▀▀▀██████████
▄██████   ████████████  ████████   ███████████
▄████████▀   █████████    ██    ████████▀▀▀███████
▀████▄  ▄   ████████████  ████████████   ███████
▀████▀     ▀██████████  █████████████████████
▀███████████████████████████████ 
█████████████████████████████▀   
██████████████████████████▀▀     
██████▀  ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀         
ROCKET

▄▄    ▄▄

▄▄    ▄▄

ENTHRALLING GRAPHICS
● NEW TYPE OF GAMES
100% REFERRAL BONUS
((       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄████████ ██ █████████▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀████████▄
▄███████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀███████▄
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████▀▀██
█████████   ████    ███▄▄██
▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄██▀  █▀
 ▀█████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄███▀  █▀
  ▀████████ ██ ████▀  ▄█▀
    ▀████████████▀ ▄▄█▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▄████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███▄
▄████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄████▄
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███▀▀██
██████▄            ████▄▄██
▀██████▄▄        ▄████▀  █▀
 ▀████▄       ▄██████▀  █▀
  ▀████████████████▀  ▄█▀
    ▀████████████▀ ▄▄█▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████████▀     ████████▄
▄██████████   ████████████▄
█████████        ██████████
█████████▄▄   ▄▄███████▀▀██
███████████   █████████▄▄██
▀██████████   ████████▀  █▀
 ▀█████████   ███████▀  █▀
  ▀████████▄▄▄█████▀  ▄█▀
    ▀████████████▀ ▄▄█▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
))
Mousepotato

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 08:50:24 PM

Mouse-over each link and see the diff in the status bar.

Mousepotato
imanikin

Activity: 702
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 08:53:28 PM

Where was that thread with the Economics majors in it?

It was about how in case of US default on its treasury bonds the USD would actually go very high in value for a while, before it goes down... Undecided

FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 12:30:31 AM

The United States MUST go bankrupt eventually - it was inevitable once your treasury issued $1 and demanded more than that $1 back (interest).  It's the world's largest ponzi scheme - making new money to pay interest on the old.   But I agree with Timm that a deal will be reached last minute that will raise the debt limit.

An excellent movie explaining this is here:  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1503769/
Maybe if Warren Buffet paid a little bit more than just 17.7 percent we wouldn't be in this revenue problem that we're in. Rich people honestly need to start paying their fair share. They are paying the lowest tax rates, of any industrialized country in the world.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu5B-2LoC4s&feature=player_embedded

I don't know what country you are from, but America isn't going anywhere... This entire concept that America is somehow the next Greece is absolute horse crap. America has only dropped about 4% of its world reserve status in the last 4 years, hardly a cause for this extreme panic.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reserve_currency#United_States_dollar

We just went through one of worst recessions since the great depression, and our world reserve status only dropped from 65.9% in 04 to 61.5% in the final quarter of '10. Obviously the decline is alarming, but we are nowhere near the bottom, and still control over 60% of the worlds reserve currencies.

The problem? When Clinton left office in '00 we were 70.5% of the world’s reserve currency, and after 8 years of Bush destruction we were down to 62.1%. How did we get there? How about a Medicare prescription drug program that wasn't paid for, 2 completely unfunded and unnecessary wars, and on top of that unfunded tax cuts for the nation’s top 2 percent. It is no mystery how we got here, whats beyond me is that people can still sit there behind the sea of lies, and somehow demand that America go bankrupt when we are far, far from that.
Like the President said in this video,

"Contrary to what some people may say, we are not Greece"
http://news.yahoo.com/video/politics-15749652/obama-s-armageddon-25952084.html

While times are tough, and Republicans are blocking any reasonable legislation on the hill, things will eventually get better. And it will be the people who were willing to persevere through the hard times that will be on top during good ones.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 12:41:18 AM

Not really.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTt2_4W55wI
I sure as hell see no difference between those 2 links, however the bottom one doesn't work?? WTF???

There is something wrong with the "v=" part in the second one, however i can't quite find any difference, seriously, if you copypaste the second one and just remove the "v=" part and type it in manually the video loads fine.

Code:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTt2_4W55wI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTt2_4W55wI</a><br><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v%E2%80%8B=HTt2_4W55wI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v​=HTt2_4W55wI</a>

If you looked at the page source code you would notice that the 2nd link has some URL encoded stuff there Tongue
Anonymous

July 18, 2011, 12:46:31 AM

We've defaulted 7 times thus far. It's time to do it again and have a chance to learn. We probably won't. Whatever. The sooner this cesspool collapses in its tyranny and corruption, the better.
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 12:51:57 AM

Maybe if Warren Buffet paid a little bit more than just 17.7 percent we wouldn't be in this revenue problem that we're in. Rich people honestly need to start paying their fair share. They are paying the lowest tax rates, of any industrialized country in the world.

To how much of other peoples' money do you think you're entitled?
Anonymous

July 18, 2011, 12:54:11 AM

To how much of other peoples' money do you think you're entitled?

Here's the deal:

If he goes down, everyone must go down with him.
shackleford

Activity: 281

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 02:00:31 AM

"Maybe if Warren Buffet paid a little bit more than just 17.7 percent we wouldn't be in this revenue problem that we're in. Rich people honestly need to start paying their fair share. They are paying the lowest tax rates, of any industrialized country in the world."

Seriously?... your going try to make Buffet look like a bad guy? You think he has 50 billion sitting in a bank account?  His net worth is based on stock in the company he has built most of his life. Even though he has this enormous wealth from his company stock he probably lives below the means of your neighbors.

Buffet has pledged to give away 99% of his wealth upon his death. Not doing the standard big inheritance is something I totally agree with as long as it is by his own decision and not a forced government theft.. Still not enough for lefties... you think he needs to sell the ownership of his company to fund the entitlement state right this second.

This prevailing attitude in America makes me want to vomit. I don't care what anyone says.. a flat tax is the only "fair" tax rate if you understand how percentages work.. and most liberals don't or don't care.

Buffet: "I don't have a problem with guilt about money. The way I see it is that my money represents an enormous number of claim checks on society. It's like I have these little pieces of paper that I can turn into consumption. If I wanted to, I could hire 10,000 people to do nothing but paint my picture every day for the rest of my life. And the GDP would go up. But the utility of the product would be zilch, and I would be keeping those 10,000 people from doing AIDS research, or teaching, or nursing. I don't do that though. I don't use very many of those claim checks. There's nothing material I want very much. And I'm going to give virtually all of those claim checks to charity when my wife and I die"

Buffet... of all the people to point the a finger at. (shaking head)
mpfrank

Activity: 247
Merit: 250

Cosmic Cubist

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 02:51:34 AM

Warren Buffett has publicly stated that it is shameful that his secretary pays a larger percentage of her income in taxes than he does.  He himself believes taxes on the wealthy (all the wealthy, not just him of course) should be increased.

If all the sovereign non-cryptocurrencies will eventually collapse from hyperinflation, you can't afford *not* to invest in Bitcoin...  See my blog at http://minetopics.blogspot.com/ .

Donations accepted at:  17twYNyqTiCTM2gJmumkytvhZh4sCVSKNH
onesalt

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 02:54:07 AM

"Maybe if Warren Buffet paid a little bit more than just 17.7 percent we wouldn't be in this revenue problem that we're in. Rich people honestly need to start paying their fair share. They are paying the lowest tax rates, of any industrialized country in the world."

Seriously?... your going try to make Buffet look like a bad guy? You think he has 50 billion sitting in a bank account?  His net worth is based on stock in the company he has built most of his life. Even though he has this enormous wealth from his company stock he probably lives below the means of your neighbors.

Buffet has pledged to give away 99% of his wealth upon his death. Not doing the standard big inheritance is something I totally agree with as long as it is by his own decision and not a forced government theft.. Still not enough for lefties... you think he needs to sell the ownership of his company to fund the entitlement state right this second.

This prevailing attitude in America makes me want to vomit. I don't care what anyone says.. a flat tax is the only "fair" tax rate if you understand how percentages work.. and most liberals don't or don't care.

Buffet: "I don't have a problem with guilt about money. The way I see it is that my money represents an enormous number of claim checks on society. It's like I have these little pieces of paper that I can turn into consumption. If I wanted to, I could hire 10,000 people to do nothing but paint my picture every day for the rest of my life. And the GDP would go up. But the utility of the product would be zilch, and I would be keeping those 10,000 people from doing AIDS research, or teaching, or nursing. I don't do that though. I don't use very many of those claim checks. There's nothing material I want very much. And I'm going to give virtually all of those claim checks to charity when my wife and I die"

The fact that people like you are advcating for flat taxes are why the US is in massive debt with some of the lowest tax rates in the world (that are still apparantly "too high" despite repeated cuts). If people don't want to support a country they live in they can fuck the hell off and live in whatever third world shithole they want.
Jaime Frontero

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 03:01:57 AM

post #14, meet post #15.

nobody's trying to make buffet look like a bad guy.  and he isn't.  that's why he understands that he should be paying mucho mas in taxes.

what was the top tax rate, when this country was at its best across the board?  when was that?

do you even know?
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 03:35:16 AM

The fact that people like you are advcating for flat taxes are why the US is in massive debt with some of the lowest tax rates in the world (that are still apparantly "too high" despite repeated cuts). If people don't want to support a country they live in they can fuck the hell off and live in whatever third world shithole they want.
You got a whole bureaucracy dedicated to tracking down tax evasion. You got folks like me thinking about  doing taxes and not knowing if I violate any tax law. Then you got breaucract social engineering with taxes. I will never see a damn dime out of social security. The tax money will be used to enrich and pay off political supporters, support business that would not otherwise succeed.

A fiat tax, or a sale tax, that have no exceptions and very easy to understand would be far more socially efficient. One that does not tax the productive thought capacities resources of a whole societies. Rich people devising clever scheme to do tax evasion is symptomatic of the problem, not the cause of our woes.

Honestly, if I am worth a million dollars in productive capacity, and the government took a very large percentage of my earning, I too would be talking to tax lawyers for ways to preserve much of that earning. Perhaps, I will shred the job that I am very productive in and the economy will be worse off for it.

Also note that flat taxes are not in contradiction with higher taxes.

However, higher flat taxes will not solve the problem with our economy and how we govern. Moreover, the current situation have to do with governments not balancing their budget. It have something to do with the systematic incentives of politicians giving into short term gains by over-promising for the future.

It is precisely democracy that is the problem as it is asking 300 million people to select politicians who will decide on every issue in congress. We are expecting a population to be well informed and able to keep eyes on our politicians. This is not feasible when the population can't ever know or be informed by everything, have busy lives and concern of their own, and skills that they need to maintain.

Right now, the elderly have lot of free time in order to vote while the twenty-something have better things to do. They demand their medicare and social security as promised by the government, but which will bankrupt the government. Also note that they have been paying social security taxes for years.

TheGer

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 03:56:32 AM

Want to know what the problem is?  

The Federal Reserve giving TRILLIONS of Dollars away to offshore Banks to "stimulate" the economy while signing you on to pay it back to the Fed(at interest ofcourse).  Rinse, repeat ect.  But we're at the debt ceiling what do we do?  Oops sorry we gave all your money away to foreign banks teehee.  

Government Regulation crippling any kind of productive job producing industries and forcing them to either shut down or go overseas(20% unemployment anyone?).  That is ofcourse unless you're "on the team" then you can skirt the regulations and coast to profits while the other guys goes tits up.  What does this do?  Well it makes the US have to print more money just to pay its bills since it's not generating its own wealth anymore.

Anyone seen pics of the old soup lines from the Great Depression?  A sign of the times right?  How do you hide this sign of the times now so people don't notice?  Food Stamps.  40+ Million people on Food Stamps.  40 + Millions people that would otherwise be lining up for the government dole of food and water.

In the Great Depression we had about 90% Rural 10% urban populations with maybe about 3/4 or more of those rural being self suffefient.  Now it's 90% urban 10% rural with less than half of those rural being self sufficient.  About 10 million or so died then from starvation or malnutrition complications.  What do you think those numbers will be like when the hammer drops now?  Won't take but a week or 2 for complete anarchy and violence to take hold nation-wide as people scour the country for food and water just to live.  Not gonna happen?  When things go tits up Transportation will be one of the first things to go.  That means no food coming into large population centres anymore.  Just take a moment and walk through how that plays out in your mind.

Oh ofcourse there's more but...  I'm hungry.
joulesbeef

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

moOo

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 04:08:24 AM
Last edit: July 18, 2011, 04:20:51 AM by joulesbeef

First the GOP is playing chicken and no one thinks they wont actually raise it.

even if the GOP doesnt Obama can invoke the 14th and raise it anyways. The debt ceiling law isnt really constitutional but no one has challenged it yet.

He can also order the fed to destroy their nearly 2 trillion in holdings.(they really arent as private as people claim and yes the president CAN do this and no the fed cant say no), this of course is only a temp solution.

And we can actually mint a 2 trillion dollar coin and buy the bonds off that the fed holds, reducing our debt.(not my fav option though it sounds kinda cool)

to the poster above, the fed lent offshore banks trillions in cash at near zero interest, the money was created out of thin air, lent, paid back and then disappeared just like it was created. This has nothing to do with our debt ceiling and actually was nearly the size of our entire debt... but wasnt even a blip on the economic radar.

our m2 is growing at 6% which is dead smack average growth since we have gone to fiat money

in 2001 it shot up 13%

china has a larger money base and an economy 1/3 the size of ours, and they arent the worlds reserve currency. Last year their money supply increased by 20%. Many countries have expanded far far far more than us, which is why the IMF wars against currency wars. There is nothing really unusual in our money supply growth especially being in economic times such as now.

Kiba you forget we had a surplus in 2000, and dont say dotcom cause the economy has expanded by 40% since then. Taxes are 14% of teh gdp right now, in 2000 they were 20%. Yes rolling back taxes can fix things. Bush's treasury sect paul o'neil warned taxes would have to be raised 66% above the 2000 level to fix the damage that bush was about to cause with his tax cuts. Cheney spouted "reagan proved deficits dont matter" and then they fired Paul O'Neil for being 100% correct.

we have a political party with a "starve the beast" ideology, they actual work to increase debts and deficits in order to demand cuts to new deal programs, this is our most major problem. Republicans know cutting popular programs are unpopular, so they create economic crisis and then blame the popular programs.

mooo for rent
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: