Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:29:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DIRA - The BrainMining coin! - (NXT clone, 10% of total supply to NXT holders)  (Read 7228 times)
silklich

Activity: 394
Merit: 100

i like Phore

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 12:40:33 PM

I started my DIRA server on ubuntu Wink
i need to compile from source. uploaded file doesn't work for me.

here is my server info.

IP: 108.61.89.39
ACCOUNT: DIR-6DA6-ESB4-PVXM-G8XX7

i submitted by email and PM!

rossr1

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:07:50 PM

another calulation which the last number is cut off dev?  does the placewholder for calcs need to be a bit wider?
DIRA-COIN (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:20:25 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2018, 01:31:44 PM by DIRA-COIN

I started my DIRA server on ubuntu Wink
i need to compile from source. uploaded file doesn't work for me.

here is my server info.

IP: 108.61.89.39
ACCOUNT: DIR-6DA6-ESB4-PVXM-G8XX7

i submitted by email and PM!

Reward sent.

another calulation which the last number is cut off dev?  does the placewholder for calcs need to be a bit wider?

Last digit is "6". This and a lot of other bugs will correct in the next version that we'll soon release.

You can check: http://www.diracoin.org/Home/CrsStats
It shows in plain text the last question (we'll disable soon the possibility to see it).

Update: font-size resized to avoid the issue.
Coffeehouse

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:25:39 PM

Will this be tradeable on exchanges?
rossr1

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:54:21 PM

this is a lot of fun, looking forward to different kinds of puzzles, good luck devs Smiley
Fjstrydom

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:54:26 PM

Ive asked before. got no answer
Fjstrydom

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:36:42 PM

i have many transactions with more than 1440 confirmations, still not forging. any ideas?
cryptoRX

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:44:06 PM

i have many transactions with more than 1440 confirmations, still not forging. any ideas?

You need to manually enable it. Think staking with an encrypted wallet.
Athlean

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:48:39 PM

Hi everyone.  Tell me please.  What makes this project different from other similar projects?   Thank.
Fjstrydom

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:49:27 PM

how would i go about doing that?
coinscontrol

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:50:56 PM

Join worlds best crypto exchange for just 0.10 BTC

https://coinscontrol.com/Addcoin
Fjstrydom

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 04:06:43 PM

how would i go about doing that?

forging now. just had to wait a bit
Coffeehouse

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 04:21:53 PM

What is forging, is that like staking?
Fjstrydom

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 04:32:06 PM

i think so but there is no indicators for stats, no network weight or difficulty as far as i can tell, so you might forge/stake forever and get nothing because the difficulty might be to high and you will never know.

@Dev, can you shed some light on this please
dafuqss

Merit: 5

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:08:29 PM

Sorry for the issue but it really doesn't depend on us, the server is still unstable, if we enable the cpu mining you'll have a bad user experience with interruptions everytime the server goes down and client lose the connection.

I don't mean to be a muppet here, devs, but it kinda does depend on you ... it's a pretty bad experience to kill cpu mining a few hours after launch because of network issues ... move to a better host with better server then. This is frustrating! NOT everyone wants to sit and manually calculate!
udownpioneer

Activity: 25

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 06:45:49 PM

Sorry for the issue but it really doesn't depend on us, the server is still unstable, if we enable the cpu mining you'll have a bad user experience with interruptions everytime the server goes down and client lose the connection.

I don't mean to be a muppet here, devs, but it kinda does depend on you ... it's a pretty bad experience to kill cpu mining a few hours after launch because of network issues ... move to a better host with better server then. This is frustrating! NOT everyone wants to sit and manually calculate!

Very true and at this time it's not fair because only people sitting in front of their computer can earn coin. Please it's time to stop the the brain mining too meanwhile the cpu mining up. Undecided Undecided Undecided
Fjstrydom

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 07:21:42 PM

one more thing, this account DIR-R9LL-XZ9S-T8HU-FML6P has 5 billion coins. its forging all the blocks, so theres no hope of actually forging any blocks unless you can compete with 5 billion coins.

So goodluck to the dev with his coin. i will be moving on, there is no way i can get enough coins to forge successfully and the mining is disabled.
DIRA-COIN (OP)

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 07:32:56 PM

i think so but there is no indicators for stats, no network weight or difficulty as far as i can tell, so you might forge/stake forever and get nothing because the difficulty might be to high and you will never know.

@Dev, can you shed some light on this please

Dear users, to forge you have to manually start the forging with the passphrase (the indicator turns to green). All the info about the the network you can find in the blocks page of the client and in details of the block by clicking on it (base target, cumulative difficultu etc). About forging difficulty this is a tricky question. At the moment we are forging with the only address "DIR-R9LL-XZ9S-T8HU-FML6P" to ensure to find a block per minute until the numbers and the stake of DIRA's users become big enough to find blocks regularly. It's only day two of DIRA so users had barely reached the confirmation of 1440 blocks and effective balance for forging (that is the balance after 1440 blocks) is still not sufficient. We are giving through the mining a lot of DIRA in order to give the opportunity anyone to forge as soon as possible and deactivate the forging on our address (the difficulty of the block is calculated every 2 blocks so soon it will go down). In the meantime our advice is to collect as many as DIRA you can so you can improve your forging power. The rewards of mining will regularly decrease in time in order to not inflationate the coin so this is the perfect time for mining.

PS You can even create "Forging pool" with the leasing of balance, but we'll make a FAQ to cover this and other aspects.

As I said above, this is only DIRA's day two so we have still a lot of work to do prior to make application to an exchanger. We think that is better for DIRA to wait at least the mid Q2.

We want to be clear about this. DIRA isn't and won't be a coin just to be mined by a rig or similar and sold. If your main target is to sit down and let your hardware make you rich you really misunderstood the reason of DIRA itself. Alternatives mining (CPU and GPU) will always be marginally to the BrainMining that is the main feature we strongly are focused in. Anyway, in order to accomplish every user we'll work to make a good service even for how many doesn't want to BrainMine but, it will always be a lot less profitable than BrainMining.
dafuqss

Merit: 5

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 07:42:07 PM

We want to be clear about this. DIRA isn't and won't be a coin just to be mined by a rig or similar and sold. If your main target is to sit down and let your hardware make you rich you really misunderstood the reason of DIRA itself. Alternatives mining (CPU and GPU) will always be marginally to the BrainMining that is the main feature we strongly are focused in. Anyway, in order to accomplish every user we'll work to make a good service even for how many doesn't want to BrainMine but, it will always be a lot less profitable than BrainMining.

Fair enough, and i agree, but you can't include CPU mining and then at random decide to kill it -- while your primary focus might be "Brainmining" you need to understand that NOT everyone is going to (or can for that matter), Brainmine! Some people just suck at math, period!! It's that simple. If your project was geared towards a high school group, cool, but it isn't. Please decide if you want to have CPU enabled or disabled .. i can almost assure you that without that you'll be stuck with a project that has a total of 20 users.

also, it's ok that it's less profitable than brainmining .. the amount of time it would take me to get one calculation done (and be first to solve it) VS the amount of time it would take me to mine 5 blocks for the same value, is the same

Ps. the server situation is still in your court! hoping for an update soon.
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 07:45:37 PM

one more thing, this account DIR-R9LL-XZ9S-T8HU-FML6P has 5 billion coins. its forging all the blocks, so theres no hope of actually forging any blocks unless you can compete with 5 billion coins.

So goodluck to the dev with his coin. i will be moving on, there is no way i can get enough coins to forge successfully and the mining is disabled.
This project is already dead... Too bad, the idea was good.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: