Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:10:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DIRA - The BrainMining coin! - (NXT clone, 10% of total supply to NXT holders)  (Read 7228 times)
DIRA-COIN (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:56:57 AM

You should make sure that it can not be automated easily. Because the current way can be botted i think. Use some tool to convert Image to Text, copy that into excel or a form and paste the solution.

That is too computer friendly. You need  riddles for humans.

It's not easy make something it can't be automated nowdays but we'll try to make it harder. We are thinking to implement an extra step first to send the solution, example: user sends a solution, then appear a box with an extra easy question (ex. reverse a word, put a word starting with a letter, or a particular char in a certain position). It should brake at least automated script without human intervention.

We ask you to write it down your own ideas, we'll take in consideration every suggestion.
manofseven

Activity: 58

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:03:18 AM

You should make sure that it can not be automated easily. Because the current way can be botted i think. Use some tool to convert Image to Text, copy that into excel or a form and paste the solution.

It's not easy make something it can't be automated nowdays but we'll try to make it harder. We are thinking to implement an extra step first to send the solution, example: user sends a solution, then appear a box with an extra easy question (ex. reverse a word, put a word starting with a letter, or a particular char in a certain position). It should brake at least automated script without human intervention.

We ask you to write it down your own ideas, we'll take in consideration every suggestion.

Exactly agreed! The solution: "user sends a solution, then appear a box with an extra easy question" is smart method, if we suppose this task is automated.
Coffeehouse

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:12:22 AM

I think your mentioned automated solution is time consuming so that a human by himself is able to solve the problem in a shorter time  Tongue

What makes you think that?
Coffeehouse

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:15:48 AM

Well it would have been nie if you thought about these kind of problems before you started the project. Don't you think?

Still hope it works out. Especially since I have 30k Dira Coins now already. Smiley
manofseven

Activity: 58

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:28:24 AM
Last edit: February 20, 2018, 11:39:12 AM by manofseven

I think your mentioned automated solution is time consuming so that a human by himself is able to solve the problem in a shorter time  Tongue

What makes you think that?

If we believe this is possible: only time approximation of copy/paste and other automated task in comparison to solving the problem by brain. A gesture only
Coffeehouse

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 12:05:33 PM

"If" is not the question. It is possible.

I could probably do it.

There are probably many ways of protecting against that.
churros01

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 02:56:17 PM

when will the site get in online?
dafuqss

Activity: 182
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:25:32 PM

yeah ... how long is it going to take to get back up and running. personally, i can't help but think you shouldve better planned this before launch. shitty hosting! also, shouldn't take that long to get back up .. even with a new host
LeonardoDiCrypto

Activity: 340
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:54:17 PM

How many users have already setup a node? Just trying to figure out if I should try later today, once I am on my PC.
DIRA-COIN (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:55:02 PM

when will the site get in online?

Website is going to be online in about 3-4 hours and so the rewarding of the pending ones, BrainMining through the website as soon as we complete the new algo to make even more harder to make a script (tomorrow), BrainCypher in 3-4 days. The new client will take a little bit more time.  

Bonzenboss

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:18:32 PM

I'm not quite sure if I managed to set everything up correctly but here are my ip and address.
IP:93.220.226.109
Address: DIR-BWKG-KEZE-CL8C-46MBU

PS: Is it like an open ledger where everybody can look up the notes and if it exist where can i find it?
klofanowik

Activity: 39

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:18:39 AM

I like this project! Nice to see some new method for mining. I'm very curios what kind of problems are there to solve. Will also set up a node. Good thing that the website is back up.
Good luck!
whatsit

Activity: 20
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:44:39 AM

As someone who is quite good at math and mid-level algebra as it's presented... I honestly don't see how a bot could solve your equations. You have a bot that can read an equation, decide the function of the 1st variable, then use a drop down menu and pick the correct multiplier?

I can solve some of the equations in a matter of seconds. It's certainly not possible to input the variables and have some program spit out the right result in the time that my mind can work.

There were times that I was a split second too slow and just missed out on the solution, but I have no illusion that there was anything other than another human on the receiving end of the block.

I like that there will be other ways of brainmining, on the future, but I think you have it right regarding  Mathematical based equations. Mathematics is the universal language.

What you are suggesting with pictures and captchas is putting your puzzles into only a few languages. Personally I speak English and I'm good at doing math in my head, so I like the direction wherever it goes. You either get a team of interpreters or include math in order to get universal adoption.

Great project BTW. This is like a video game, trying to get the most coins, using your brain.

You took 5 billion and I get that, but it's not the greatest business model.

If you were to start spreading that around and putting DIRA on the crypto map, You have a hell of an idea.

dafuqss

Activity: 182
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 05:06:39 AM

What this guy said ^

Also, cpuimining hasn't been re-enabled yet -- any eta on that?
DIRA-COIN (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:45:33 AM

UPDATE
- Website online
- All the pending rewardings were paid
- Added the BrainMath as website page until new client is released. So we can even hard test it and the server before make the client update. It is now accessible to: http://www.diracoin.org/BrainMath.
- We tried many ways to avoid scripting but none of them revealed itself a solution, even adding an extra window where putting the solution is easily to hijack by modifying the client side of the page. reCaptcha was tried too but sometimes it causes users a lot of delay cause it doesn't always recognize at first try a human and asks a lot of questions. So the current solution was to mask the image with a watermark, adding the shadow and a background that make really harder to OCR it. We tried at least 6 online services and none of them was capable to catch the numbers correctly.
- CPUMining: analyzing the web hosting logs we found a bug who causes an abnormal consuming of CPU (not yet solved) and RAM (partially solved), so we are optimizing every single line of code in order to make the entire thing as light as possible.

- NODES: we doubled the reward amount until we setup the leasing (the current problems broke our plan). If we skipped some payments please let us know.
- IS MY NODE ONLINE? : To check it out just go in the client, click on settings ad the top right and "Peers", if your node is up you should see there.
cryptoRX

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:05:48 AM

UPDATE
- Website online
- All the pending rewardings were paid
- Added the BrainMath as website page until new client is released. So we can even hard test it and the server before make the client update. It is now accessible to: http://www.diracoin.org/BrainMath.
- We tried many ways to avoid scripting but none of them revealed itself a solution, even adding an extra window where putting the solution is easily to hijack by modifying the client side of the page. reCaptcha was tried too but sometimes it causes users a lot of delay cause it doesn't always recognize at first try a human and asks a lot of questions. So the current solution was to mask the image with a watermark, adding the shadow and a background that make really harder to OCR it. We tried at least 6 online services and none of them was capable to catch the numbers correctly.
- CPUMining: analyzing the web hosting logs we found a bug who causes an abnormal consuming of CPU (not yet solved) and RAM (partially solved), so we are optimizing every single line of code in order to make the entire thing as light as possible.

- NODES: we doubled the reward amount until we setup the leasing (the current problems broke our plan). If we skipped some payments please let us know.
- IS MY NODE ONLINE? : To check it out just go in the client, click on settings ad the top right and "Peers", if your node is up you should see there.

1) CPU mining is still not working

2) The BrainMath image doesn't refresh properly and pressing the refresh image button doesn't do anything
DIRA-COIN (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:19:37 AM

2) The BrainMath image doesn't refresh properly and pressing the refresh image button doesn't do anything

The CPUMining is still disabled until everything is solved. For the image issue, what browser are you using? We tested on Chrome and Firefox and images refreshes.
cryptoRX

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:34:51 AM

The CPUMining is still disabled until everything is solved. For the image issue, what browser are you using? We tested on Chrome and Firefox and images refreshes.

Chrome. It lags rather badly. And if you happen to give the right answer at the same time as someone else, the image doesn't refresh and could remain unchanged for 2-3 questions.
DIRA-COIN (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:41:35 AM

Chrome. It lags rather badly. And if you happen to give the right answer at the same time as someone else, the image doesn't refresh and could remain unchanged for 2-3 questions.

This appears to be a Chrome cache issue, you can try to use an incognito tab that shouldn't store the cache or try to disable it.
tammuz

Activity: 263
Merit: 101

La Liberté guidant le peuple

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:29:03 AM

Thanks for this project, really like your idea. Solved some math problems, got pleasure.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: