Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 11:44:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will ETH beat BTC someday?  (Read 2261 times)
namor

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:17:42 AM

Hard to believe that someday ETH beat BTC, maybe yes and maybe no. Today all depends on big players and investments.
valterkjellberg

Activity: 107
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:21:59 AM

Hard to believe that someday ETH beat BTC, maybe yes and maybe no. Today all depends on big players and investments.
I think it's all about the war on developments. If Bitcoin's team leads Bitcoin into the wrong way which makes miners and users are annoying , they will give up on Bitcoin and change their directions into ETH for sure and at that moment , ETH could be the king again.
Icch

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:35:28 AM

Propertly wont happen in 2018, but in the future it will for sure. But I don’t  believe, that if bitcoin looses its position, there will be one main crypto to repleace it, I think the marketcapspread will over more cryptos.
Bedak Johnsons

Activity: 151

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:52:01 AM

If the team from ethereum could work hard then it is not an impossible thing someday ethereum could compete with bitcoin. but of course, it's very difficult because of the bitcoin also very nice coins and even arguably the centerpiece of all altcoin.
normanderecho

Activity: 460
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 10:34:20 AM

If the team from ethereum could work hard then it is not an impossible thing someday ethereum could compete with bitcoin. but of course, it's very difficult because of the bitcoin also very nice coins and even arguably the centerpiece of all altcoin.

Its very hard to know that if the ethereum rich on bitcoin because bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency and all coins is need on bitcoin because only bitcoin can change a fiat money.ethereum and bitcoin is nice for investment because of good pricing and we can get a great profit but for me the great of investment is bitcoin because bitcoin is very trusted and its very hard to hack because its easy to transact and easy to sell.

Jraf95

Activity: 170
Merit: 46

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 10:43:14 AM

Ethereum will definetely worth as much as btc worth, but in terms of market cap I don't know if it can be higher than bitcoin, but it is very clear that ethereum worths to hold.
Yes thats true as I've seen also ethereum will most worth it than others, and if we talk about beating the bitcoin? Well that's a big procedure for that and it seems so hard to beat the only one who stand for all the tokens here. I think without bitcoin we can't achieve those alt if there's no one alt to stand for all the responses for like the bitcoin would do.
francedeni

Activity: 560

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 12:00:45 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2018, 12:31:12 PM by francedeni

Its very hard to know that if the ethereum rich on bitcoin because bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency and all coins is need on bitcoin because only bitcoin can change a fiat money.ethereum and bitcoin is nice for investment because of good pricing and we can get a great profit but for me the great of investment is bitcoin because bitcoin is very trusted and its very hard to hack because its easy to transact and easy to sell.
Many predictions but still bitcoin is the best and I feel more good news from btc this year. The value would be sky rocket any moment now. Eth is also good but I am into bitcoin also it has more users.
Kidmat

Activity: 774
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 12:34:54 PM

Propertly wont happen in 2018, but in the future it will for sure. But I don’t  believe, that if bitcoin looses its position, there will be one main crypto to repleace it, I think the marketcapspread will over more cryptos.
The marketplace would be more cryptos in the future. As bitcoin been able to have the ability to be more productive that the way it is now price is more valuable in the future. Eth has also been popular yet for me it cannot beat btc in the future.
ArjCrypto

Activity: 52

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 12:38:44 PM

I Think in the coming year other coins Will rise harder than Bitcoin because of the Atomic swaps and techniques like loopring. This Will create so many trading pairs that Bitcoin Will be less used.
johnwarren12

Activity: 243
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 12:40:20 PM

I don't see that happening it anytime soon. Just look around and ask people who don't know about crypto, how many have heard about bitcoin and how many have heard about ethereum? The shift will come after more people get into crypto and new people will first buy bitcoins which will always keep BTC in demand. Next 2-3 years, BTC is not going anywhere, specially with lightening network etc coming in to play soon.

Let our AI bot trade for you on the best signals in the market. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3384090.msg35646168#msg35646168

PM me for details.
mariaana

Activity: 399
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:49:43 PM

I do not think that ETH will beat BTC someday.  This two coins can just compliment each other.  Each has a unique feature that could link network transactions in the internet but BTC has a greater advantage than ETH.  BTC is accepted as a digital currency in a wider network that could easily be exchange for a monetary currency.  ETH on the other hand is a convenient digital currency to convert new alt coins especially ERC20 tokens. Converting this new altcoins needs gas or gwei in the form of ETH.  However, ETH still need to be converted into BTC in order to exchange for monetary currency in some countries or network. 
muyizz

Activity: 69

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:05:36 PM

BTC existed long before Ethereum, and Ethereum was based on the blockchain algorithm. While it is true that Ethereum has smart contract, BTC is recognized globally as the true store of value.
KwizatzHaderach

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:08:24 PM

Is there any chance that Ethereum will cost as much as Bitcoin in 2018?

I do not think so as there is a fundamental difference between the two and the issue of supply.

Ethereum aspires to be the world's computer, running decentralized application online.
Bitcoin is a medium of exchange of value and aspires to enable the masses to have control of their own money.

Forbiddenone

Activity: 585
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:43:08 PM

Nope ,bitcoin is primary so there is no chance any altcoin will take it place.but it is true that btc has become old tech and is not suitable for payment  till they implement lighting network and thus can be regarded as virtual gold but still it is most known currency and its price will continue to grow as whale manipulate it due to bulk holding.
krm4700

Activity: 490
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:58:40 PM

reaching a great potential because you have to trust yourself a lot for those who do not cross a currency so well known

► StudentCoin◄ ♦ Platform to create personal, DeFi and NFT Tokens♦ ► StudentCoin◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸Instagram
Cling18

Activity: 1708
Merit: 126

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:06:11 PM

Well it isn't impossible to think of that. We all know the eth is striking a high value because of it's great potential. If it can't beat bitcoin in time, I still believe that it will still strike a good value because a lot wof users trust it. Bitcoin existed before etherium but most users also trust eth , both btc and eth compliments each other in so many ways.
Ab-Soul

Activity: 647
Merit: 500

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:12:17 PM

I don't think that can happen in the near future. Maybe in 10 years...
I think better, faster, more usable coins will appear but Bitcoin always will be top 1.

▄██▄
          ▄██▀▀██▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██▄
      ▄██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▄
    ▄██▀  ▄██▀▀██▄  ▀██▄
  ▄██▀  ▄██▀    ▀██▄  ▀██▄
▄██▀  ▄██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▄  ▀██▄
▀██▄▄██▀  ▄██▀▀██▄  ▀██▄▄██▀
  ███▀  ▄██▀    ▀██▄  ▀███
▄██▀▀████▀        ▀████▀▀██▄
▀██▄▄████▄        ▄████▄▄██▀
  ███▄  ▀██▄    ▄██▀  ▄███
▄██▀▀██▄  ▀██▄▄██▀  ▄██▀▀██▄
▀██▄  ▀██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▀  ▄██▀
  ▀██▄  ▀██▄    ▄██▀  ▄██▀
    ▀██▄  ▀██▄▄██▀  ▄██▀
      ▀██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██▀
          ▀██▄▄██▀
            ▀██▀
DAOstack
     ██
    ██
   ██ 
  ██  ███
 ██  █████
██  ███████
 ██  █████
  ██  ███
   ██ 
    ██
     ██
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ◆ ◆ ◆  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
.COMPLETE TOOLS FOR DECENTRALIZED COLLABORATION AT SCALE.

██
     ██
   █  ██
  ███  ██
 █████  ██
███████  ██
 █████  ██
  ███  ██
   █  ██
     ██
    ██

▄███▄
▄███████▄
▄███████████▄
▄███████████████▄
▄████     █▀████████▄
▄██████  ██ █  ▀████████▄
▄████████  ▄▄ █    ▀████████▄
▄██████████  ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▄
▀██████████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███████▀
▀██████  ▀▀▀▀▀     █████▀
▀████            ███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀███████████▀
▀███████▀
▀███▀

▄███▄
▄███████▄
▄███████████▄
▄███████████████▄
▄█████████████▀▀▀███▄
▄█████████▀▀▀      █████▄
▄█████▀▀▀       ▄    ███████▄
▄████▄         ▄█▀    ██████████▄
▀███████▄    ▄█▀      ██████████▀
▀████████▄█▀       █████████▀
▀████████  ▄     ███████▀
▀██████ ███▄  ██████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀███████████▀
▀███████▀
▀███▀
▄███▄
▄███████▄
▄███████████▄
▄███████████████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀████▄
▄████ ▀███████     ▀▄███▄
▄██████   ▀▀█▀▀      ▄██████▄
▄█████████              ████████▄
████████████             ██████████
▀███████████▄          █████████▀
▀█████████▀        ▄████████▀
▀███▀▀        ▄▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀███████████▀
▀███████▀
▀███▀
Naficopa

Activity: 2002
Merit: 516

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 07:08:22 PM

Ethereum has good prospects for development and its value will surely increase. However, at the moment its value is about 10% bitcoin. So it will not cost as much as bitcoin in 2018. If it is possible at all, it will take many years.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
biletskiy

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 02:41:13 PM

Its a big NO for me now that I saw that the transaction fees of bitcoin has gone way down and not as high as it is last year. Probably some didn't see that but I saw it because I transferred some of my bitcoin in an exchange account and the fees are around 4 digit only. If you are saying ETH will beat BTC this year, I don't see this is happening and once Lightning Network will be implemented Bitcoin will be use more in transactions because of faster tx speed and lower fees. so I will say NO for this.

Transactional charges of bitcoin went down due to the fact that its price falled, but when it starts to grow, the commission value will increase. Ether can beat it, but not this year.
maxim4eg123

Activity: 273

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 02:53:01 PM

I believe that ETH will beat BTC. but not in 2018. I think it will be until 2020. then ETH will become the king of Cryptop rather than bitcoin as now
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: