Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 02:36:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will ETH beat BTC someday?  (Read 2258 times)
Gastotade

Activity: 545
Merit: 250

Colletrix - Bridging the Physical and Virtual Worl

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:44:37 PM

A flippening will happen one day I believe, but I dont think it will be Ethereum, there are better platforms such as EOS that will eventually surpass ethereum as they are much better platforms and then surpass bitcoin, it will be a long time in the future though, as pretty much anyone getting involved in crypto is going to buy BTC
Nothing can beat btc for now, having btc and buying btc is still worth it and much secured to hold, some investors or whales nay still choose BTC that other alts if they are new in crypto.

SIGMA.
by HYDRA X
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.No commissions.
.or hidden fees.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jashley

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:56:08 PM

Is there any chance that Ethereum will cost as much as Bitcoin in 2018?

Well fundamentally speaking it might just happen. Because right now there a lot of new comers here at crypto world that's why they didn't understand yet the technology or used of each coins on our economy and they go for Bitcoin soon once they totally understand they've might have choose ETH over BTC.

GLOBAL CRYPTO OFFERING EXCHANGE                               
RISE ABOVE!   WHERE POPULARITY IS IMMORTALIZED
╚               ▶ Twitter         ▶ Facebook         ▶ Youtube         ▶ WHhitepaper               ╝
memequiserle

Activity: 616
Merit: 501

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:59:23 PM

I think ETH will not beat BTC in the short time but someday maybe it will happen if many people move to ETH and leave BTC.

i think only bitcoin die
ETH can replace position BTC, but if BTC not die is very dificult ETH can repace or equal with BTC

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
mhine07

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:12:22 AM

I do not think that etherium can beat bitcoin in the future. Bitcoin will always be the number one cryptocurrency in crypto world. Etherium might be its successor someday but it cannot overcome bitcoin. Etherium  will be the queen of cryptocurrencies and it will be the number two in crypto world. With its long term profits , etherium is good to invest just like bitcoin.

rose9696

Activity: 770

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:24:47 AM

I do not think that etherium can beat bitcoin in the future. Bitcoin will always be the number one cryptocurrency in crypto world. Etherium might be its successor someday but it cannot overcome bitcoin. Etherium  will be the queen of cryptocurrencies and it will be the number two in crypto world. With its long term profits , etherium is good to invest just like bitcoin.
I agree with your point. ETH will never be able to beat the bitcoin. In my opinion, bitcoin is a coin king of the crypto market and thanks to bitcoin the crypto market is getting more and more involved. ETH can not do that task because its popularity is not great.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
grchina

Activity: 476
Merit: 278

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:38:21 AM

Dont thing that this will ever happen,people seems to forget that bitcoin isnt done with improving and that it have greats things ahead of it that will make 99% of current altcoins useles(things like atomic swaps lighting network etc...)Also btc is known and used out there by a lot of people while eth not so much
mix max

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:57:16 AM

This year of course not, if 2022 then could still be possible but also quite heavy because of few values far enough. However, the ethereum is also a very strong altcoin in terms of price so of course certainly can.
Lm2e4

Activity: 248
Merit: 100

https://exclusiveplatform.com/

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:11:18 AM

Maybe Ethereum will cost like the current price of bitcoin today, someday, but it won't ever take the lead. As I know, most people loves bitcoin than ethereum that is why it is on top. But I still wish ETH to reach $10,000+ at the end of the year (I really hope) and soon make a huge profit by holding enough.  Grin
ahoenk

Activity: 1246
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 05:47:53 AM

No..it will not beat bitcoin any day futures or now. Ethereum and bitcoin have a different uses case bitcoin is the digital gold and ethereum used for smart contract for start up or big company which want to rise the fund like IPO in konvensional stock market. So i think bitcoin is not compete with ethereum and the market cap will always above ethereum.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Marsyam

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:05:51 AM

for this year it feels will not be able to directly match the price of the bitcoin. all altcoin have a far distance from the bitcoin. In addition, bitcoin is itself a reference to another altcoin, so it was quite impossible can also emulate other coins.
think3214

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:03:31 AM

I do not think ETH will overtake BTC in the near future. If this happens it will be very long. Since BTC is currently the leading digital currency in the altcoin, BTC prices are much higher than ETH prices. If ETH wants to cross the BTC I think it has to be more developed and more beneficial than the BTC. This is my personal opinion, I think this can not happen.
zokilnmet

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:55:07 PM

I think BTC will always be number 1 among crypto currency, because it's the first coin which appeared. Only this fact give an "immortality" to BTC)) Nowadays there are many coins that are much better than BTC with their technology, but it has no effect on the price of BTC. So i think ETH will never beat BTC.
Apened

Activity: 1386
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 01:10:46 PM

No way ETH can beat btc someday mate
Btc is the first crypto and ETH is altcoins only. ETH can't beat btc in the future.

ETH is much better technologically than bitcoin and commissions for sending are much less. But even this will not make the ether more popular than bitcoin. I fully agree with you - ETH will never become the number one crypto because this place is occupied by bitcoin. Althow many forecasts tell that ETH will take the first place, but I guess even if ETH will become #1 it won't be there for a long time.
I can't agree on that. In scenario's and features bitcoin itself is much better for me. I will state for example the security bitcoin is unhackable for security im in bitcoins. Additionally if ethereum is better your words was right it can take over bitcoins but it will not last longer bitcoins is the based currency of all cryptocurrencies thats why.
meldrio1

Activity: 1358

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:38:21 PM

same as the price of bitcoin? maybe not, many people are bitcoin users its impossible to surpass the price of bitcoin but I think it can happen if people are not going to use bitcoin anymore.

Clarkduco

Activity: 57

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:44:30 PM

Ethereum isn't meant to beat btc. But Ethereum more focused as altcoin. And related about transaction costs, it looks like ETH is better than BTC.
shafi alam

Activity: 630

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:52:29 PM

maybe not in 2018 , because eth price 800$ (approximately)
and bitcoin 11000$ (approximately )
eth have to too many hard work to beat bitcoin.
qwertylolxd

Activity: 322
Merit: 31

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:54:22 PM

As it seems to me, ETC on technology is better than Bitcoin, and therefore there is a possibility that the broadcast will become more expensive than bitcoin in a couple of years
Tobysh1994

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 05:24:47 PM

Ethereum will be able to achieve bitcoin value, but for 2018 it will be difficult for ethereum to achieve bitcoin value. I think by the year 2019 ethereum will be able to achieve bitcoin value.
well I don't think so!probably it's impossible at the moment
AntonGrishko

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 05:36:50 PM

I do not think it is going to happen in the near future because the ether has an unlimited number of coins. So Eth price can not rise so high.
KylesmomisaB

Activity: 194

Toplancer.co | PreSale is LIVE | Get Your Bonus

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:21:59 PM

As it seems to me, ETC on technology is better than Bitcoin, and therefore there is a possibility that the broadcast will become more expensive than bitcoin in a couple of years

Cmon dude lets not get carried away now. Firstly convo is about ETH not ETC second that isn't even possible, ETH won't even usurp BTC that means ETC has zero chance in that battle. I don't know when people will finally concede that Bitcoin will pretty much always be number barring no crazy bs happening by the governments or core developers.

TOPLANCER.CO
Zero commission, Escrow payment & Dispute Settlements
PreSale GET YOUR BONUS JOIN NOW
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: