Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:09:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is BadBear good and fair moderator  (Voting closed: October 19, 2013, 02:54:50 PM)
no - 8 (17.8%)
I do not now - 16 (35.6%)
yes - 21 (46.7%)
Total Voters: 45

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BlackBear is badly abusing his moderating privileges  (Read 4942 times)
nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2013, 04:39:32 PM

No clue regarding BadBear's moderation morals, but greyhawk deserves a little recognition for his poetry skills.

+tip greyhawk 1 mBTC

[Verified]: /u/nobbynobbynoob -> /u/greyhawk, 0.001 Bitcoin(s) ($0.12)

Welcome to Reddit, greyhawk! Wink

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 04:42:41 PM

Welcome to Reddit, greyhawk! Wink

Truthspeak? I can not understand how people can stand reading reddit. The format is so fucked up my eyes hurt.
didjaydisteele

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

All For Bitcoin!

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 04:51:10 PM

Let's talk. So be true to speak, I feel bad for him. He shouldn't have abused them.
Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 06:02:06 PM

I voted "I do not know" because I honestly do not know.

I will say this, a good moderator named X will occasionally have posts labelled, "X[mispelled] is badly abusing his moderating privileges".

Bad moderators are moderators with no enemies.

That said, bad moderators might have too many enemies, too. I do not believe that is the case here, however.
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 06:03:05 PM

Bad moderators are moderators with no enemies.

That said, bad moderators might have too many enemies, too. I do not believe that is the case here, however.
/thread

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 06:13:42 PM

As to not posting it in meta, well, I was afraid that in meta my post and poll would be deleted in no time, so I decided to try my luck in off topic.
No mod would delete a post about moderation in meta. In fact, your odds of having your post deleted in off-topic are even greater than a post is meta. If a post about moderation is deleted in Meta, please IMMEDIATELY appeal to theymos.

"Someone reported" BlackBear said, and he never gave any thoughts about that someone's agenda, he just went and deleted that post straight to the trash... If that does not prove that he favored the person who reported it over the one who wrote it, than I rest my case.
I obviously can't speak for the other mods, but when I see a report, I don't put much thought into what the report reason is. Sure, I look at it so that I can at least know what to look for that the reporter doesn't like, but I always review the reported post on its own merits. Sometimes, that means I have to review the entire thread, hence why whole pages of a thread can vanish from a single report.

We know how to apply the rules and how to apply them fairly, but we're not omnipotent.

I can provide many links to various posts proving my point, but what would be the use?
Please report any post that violates policy, thanks!

Never had too much luck with moderators either, in my thread they were deleting my replies but leaving those super rude entries I was trying to reply to...  so yes, I know very well, "It's dangerous to go alone":
Rude posts are completely acceptable here from a moderation standpoint, as long as they are on-topic. Off-topic replies to rude posts, such as ad hominem attacks, are deleted (unless the person is related to the topic, such as a company spokesperson in a thread about that company). If you stay on-topic with your reply and attack the rude person's ideas instead of the person themself, then chances are your reply will be allowed to stay (unless the post you were replying to was off-topic).

Deleted Post
« Sent to: globalvillage on: April 24, 2013, 01:04:06 AM »
Reply with quoteReply with quote  Remove this messageDelete 
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

This is too much for my taste gweedo, I reported you to a moderator.   Some things should not be accepted in a civilized public forum, let's see if I am right...
Case in point: posts saying that you are reporting someone are almost always off-topic. Make a new thread in the proper section if you don't like someone.

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 06:18:25 PM

I once had a black bear... I used to take off his pants(yes, he had pants) under the blanket on those cold and lonely winter nights and he abused his moderation(?) privileges until we both fell asleep... Could it be the same black bear? I mis... Oh, nevermind...
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2013, 04:59:38 PM

crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 05:07:45 PM

Badbear is a very bad bad bear. One day badbear went to goodbear and growled:

I AM BADBEAR! FEAR ME!

And goodbear was very afraid.

And it so happened a hunter was near and heard goodbear crying and goodbear told the hunter what a bad bad bear badbear was.

And the hunter went to badbear and said:

Badbear, why are you so bad?

And badbear answered:

I AM BADBEAR! FEAR ME!

And this is how badbear became king of the forest.

The end.

The story rocks -- not sure if the ending is too tidy & convenient.  Anyhow, great read.
globalvillage (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 09:43:07 PM

Very nice of you nobbynobbynoob, though like I said, I did not like the last story.

b!z you mean Iwantacar.com is a ponzi???, why don't you read more about the meaning and structure of ponzi programs: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponzi_scheme

And do you realize that there are people who call Bitcoin a ponzi too?  You would not like that, do you, so why you called my program a ponzi?

globalvillage (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 09:47:07 PM
Last edit: September 23, 2013, 12:25:21 AM by globalvillage

Thank you for all the votes, and thanks Maged for the info you provided here.  It looks like BadBear is not so bad after all, only 8 of us had negative experience with his moderating activities.  Majority of members voted that he is a good and fair moderator, well maybe these votes would motivate him to do his work even better now  ...

I am locking the voting, again, thx everyone for your participation.

b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 11:14:25 AM

Very nice of you nobbynobbynoob, though like I said, I did not like the last story.

b!z you mean Iwantacar.com is a ponzi???, why don't you read more about the meaning and structure of ponzi programs: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponzi_scheme

And do you realize that there are people who call Bitcoin a ponzi too?  You would not like that, do you, so why you called my program a ponzi?
No, that seems to be a terrible PPC/offer site. This is the ponzi I am referring to: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=154089.0

Thanks for the wikipedia article link by the way. It helped me confirm that "extraordinary returns" and "vague verbal constructions" are in fact signs of a ponzi.
globalvillage (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 02:06:31 PM

@B!z, thanks for connecting this post to my favorite Bitcoin organization and my thread about it!  There is a lot of junk to go through in that thread, both my own and other members Wink, so kindly please just read this before judging anything from GBBG negatively:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=154089.msg3224697#msg3224697

globalvillage (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 02:11:25 PM

And as to that terrible, PPC/offer site you are referring to, I would appreciate very much if someone can direct me to the right forum where I can safely post more info about it and maybe make a poll, so members can decide if the offer is terrible or very attractive.

b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 02:19:54 PM

And as to that terrible, PPC/offer site you are referring to, I would appreciate very much if someone can direct me to the right forum where I can safely post more info about it and maybe make a poll, so members can decide if the offer is terrible or very attractive.

I'm not too sure, but maybe someone can point you in the right direction. Marketplace, Service Discussions... or Scam Accusations?

I hope you will not cheat the poll by offering your 'investors' some '500% referral profit in the matrix pyramid for life'.
globalvillage (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 06:27:27 PM

b!z get lost, don't you have anything better to do  Huh  Why don't you find another thread to put your smart comments in and work your way up to the full member, so you can add a link with your own scam to your signature.  I write this for I surely know that people who participate currently or participated in the past in obvious scams are more prone to accuse that to others. 

jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 06:47:05 PM

b!z get lost, don't you have anything better to do  Huh  Why don't you find another thread to put your smart comments in and work your way up to the full member, so you can add a link with your own scam to your signature.  I write this for I surely know that people who participate currently or participated in the past in obvious scams are more prone to accuse that to others. 
Full Member is before Sr. Member

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
globalvillage (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 09:32:16 PM

Whoops  Roll Eyes

jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 09:35:20 PM

Oh and the post count doesn't change the rank when you're at 2900+ posts

phantastisch
Legendary

Activity: 2270
Merit: 1363

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 09:38:58 PM

Oh and the post count doesn't change the rank when you're at 2900+ posts

And you were pretty disappointed when you found out  Wink

HOWEYCOINS   ▮      Excitement and         ⭐  ● TWITTER  ● FACEBOOK   ⭐       
  ▮    guaranteed returns                 ●TELEGRAM                         
  ▮  of the travel industry
    ⭐  ●Ann Thread ●Instagram   ⭐