Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:58:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is BadBear good and fair moderator  (Voting closed: October 19, 2013, 02:54:50 PM)
no - 8 (17.8%)
I do not now - 16 (35.6%)
yes - 21 (46.7%)
Total Voters: 45

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BlackBear is badly abusing his moderating privileges  (Read 4939 times)
globalvillage (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 02:54:50 PM

Hi is clearly favoring some members while abusing with his badbear power others.  There is NOT any fairness in his actions and in my opinion he is not a good fit for bitcointalk.org global moderator.  What is your opinion, what do you think? 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 03:32:39 PM

Badbear is a very bad bad bear. One day badbear went to goodbear and growled:

I AM BADBEAR! FEAR ME!

And goodbear was very afraid.

And it so happened a hunter was near and heard goodbear crying and goodbear told the hunter what a bad bad bear badbear was.

And the hunter went to badbear and said:

Badbear, why are you so bad?

And badbear answered:

I AM BADBEAR! FEAR ME!

And this is how badbear became king of the forest.

The end.
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 03:56:26 PM

Not sure why this is posted in Off-topic instead of Meta....

Please provide proof (links to threads) to show what you're talking about.
greyhawk

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 04:09:12 PM

He's miffed because he got his referral scheme thingy closed earlier today.

Bride of Badbear

Once badbear was wandering his forest, contemplating his bare bed, when suddenly he stumbled upon the baddest bearette he ever saw.

And badbear approached her and said:

I AM BADBEAR! FEAR ME!

But the bearette just looked at him quizzically, rose and roared:

I AM BADDEBEARE! FEAR ME!

And, as the poets wrote, it was love at first roar.

And badbear and baddebeare married and she bore badbear three children:
- BertBear the baker
- BethBear the buxom beauty and
- BatBear, whom all of you better now as the Bark Knight. But that is another story for another day.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 04:22:58 PM

I'll just post my pm to the op here, I won't post his but it doesn't really need context.

I didn't reply because I was using my phone at the time. Removed that thread as well, search my post history for referral spam, you'll see many redirects for referral spam, it has nothing to do with you. Referral codes are paid advertising, people take it too far, before I started removing them there was way too much of it here. You can complain about that general policy if you like, but pretending I have some agenda against you isn't going to help you.

Also, don't complain about other referral type threads if you aren't reporting them, yours was reported, I act on those fairly quickly if I see them. I can't read every child board thoroughly.

Like I said if you want to discuss that particular policy that's fine, maybe theymos will change his mind if there are enough good arguments for it. If you just want to attention whore and pretend like you're important enough for me to have a vendetta against you, well knock yourself out.

I'm also not sure why this is in off topic, moving it to meta. I'm also now considering a name change to BatBear.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
greyhawk

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 04:30:38 PM

I'm also now considering a name change to BatBear.

Take this. It's dangerous to go alone.

favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 04:44:12 PM

LOL!

also, missing
  • OP IS BUTTHURT
in the poll

SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 07:03:46 PM

I vote yes because its the edgy thing to do.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2013, 02:55:48 AM

I vote yes because its the edgy thing to do.

I voted used yes prior to reading the OP. But, upon further review, I have reason to believe that BadBear was texting while driving, hence wanting to change my vote.

Finally, I get to use this image:

Fred Bear Meets BadBear
globalvillage (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 05:10:36 AM

Guys, it is NOT his, it is HER!

As to not posting it in meta, well, I was afraid that in meta my post and poll would be deleted in no time, so I decided to try my luck in off topic.
And I seriously wonder if BlackBear would bother to reply to my message if it was not for this post...

I am not pretending to be important but at the same time I feel same important like every other member here, and if my entry got deleted twice in a row in the first few hours after writing it, and if other entries with refs links stay here indefinitely, it's only normal that it made me wonder.

"Someone reported" BlackBear said, and he never gave any thoughts about that someone's agenda, he just went and deleted that post straight to the trash... If that does not prove that he favored the person who reported it over the one who wrote it, than I rest my case.

I can provide many links to various posts proving my point, but what would be the use?

From the very beginning I've felt a stranger here, though I should feel at home, for I am too a bitcoin enthusiast and its big supporter.

Never had too much luck with moderators either, in my thread they were deleting my replies but leaving those super rude entries I was trying to reply to...  so yes, I know very well, "It's dangerous to go alone":

Deleted Post
« Sent to: globalvillage on: April 24, 2013, 01:04:06 AM »
Reply with quoteReply with quote  Remove this messageDelete 
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

This is too much for my taste gweedo, I reported you to a moderator.   Some things should not be accepted in a civilized public forum, let's see if I am right...

globalvillage (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 05:33:59 AM

I just noticed, his username truly is BadBear not a Black one but a Bad one!

GreyHawk, I enjoyed reading your bear stories, and as to the deleted "referral scheme thingy", well it was a short announcement about a new, exclusive advertising and content review site where members receive not only bitcoins but also entries into a drawing to win their dream car. You must admit that this is something very new in bitcoin market.  Not any big ref scheme, for they only pay for first level refs and my motivation was more on building GBBG organization, (the new site is their project and I am their founder and supporter) than on gaining few refs from it.   

mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 05:38:21 AM

Personally, I like it when he's naughty :3

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
greyhawk

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 07:37:02 AM
Last edit: September 20, 2013, 09:08:11 AM by greyhawk

I just noticed, his username truly is BadBear not a Black one but a Bad one!

GreyHawk, I enjoyed reading your bear stories, and as to the deleted "referral scheme thingy", well it was a short announcement about a new, exclusive advertising and content review site where members receive not only bitcoins but also entries into a drawing to win their dream car. You must admit that this is something very new in bitcoin market.  Not any big ref scheme, for they only pay for first level refs and my motivation was more on building GBBG organization, (the new site is their project and I am their founder and supporter) than on gaining few refs from it.  

Once upon a time there was a girl and the girl went out to Badbears forest to hand out fliers for a loud and stinking thing to all the animals. And she said to the animals: "You can have a loud and stinking thing if you only take my flier". And the animals were very confused and dismayed. And news was brought to badbear of a disturbance in the forest.

Badbear went out of his castle cave towards the girl and said:

I AM BADBEAR! FEAR ME!

And so the girl took her medicines again and lived happily ever after.

The end.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 07:42:42 AM

These stories are amazing. I think Badbear is doing a mighty fine job.

Greyhawk should become a writer, they are inspiring.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2013, 09:03:38 AM

Reason #17 why we avoid contact with mods:

Meet the BadBear position.
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 09:03:54 AM

Who's BlackBear?
Is he a new global mod? Congratulations bro.

I just voted yes. I am a black guy.
I mean bad guy.

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
globalvillage (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 02:31:36 PM

I think the last story is slightly too much... without those loud things, there would not be any business... and especially any business with BTC.  Well, there would not be this forum, for those loud and stinky ads provide needed profit...  Think about it and write a more suitable story. 

b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 02:46:10 PM

I think the last story is slightly too much... without those loud things, there would not be any business... and especially any business with BTC.  Well, there would not be this forum, for those loud and stinky ads provide needed profit...  Think about it and write a more suitable story. 

No, I think it was fine. We could even have a story about the obvious ponzi you are advertising.
nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2013, 02:50:09 PM

No clue regarding BadBear's moderation morals, but greyhawk deserves a little recognition for his poetry skills.

+tip greyhawk 1 mBTC

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
greyhawk

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 04:05:05 PM

No clue regarding BadBear's moderation morals, but greyhawk deserves a little recognition for his poetry skills.

+tip greyhawk 1 mBTC

[Verified]: /u/nobbynobbynoob -> /u/greyhawk, 0.001 Bitcoin(s) ($0.12)
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: