Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:52:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Official Thread] - The SolarWind Mining Company  (Read 54637 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
SolarWindMiningCompany (OP)

Activity: 966
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 04:14:27 AM

Will you please clarify some things:

Shares:
Are we buying shares of SWMC the company, or shares of this one SWMC website's profits? If it is for all of SWMC, can shares be resold? Any plans to use something like Havelock investments or Cryptostocks? And how are shareholders represented within the organization (for example do we get to elect a board member or get a vote on decisions such as fee price)?

It depends on what precisely you are referring to. If you are referring to the post immediately preceding your own (which is my assumption), then as a financial contributor to SWMC's Hashing Exchange development, you receive a portion of 25% of the total trading fees as outlined above. All costs are paid out of the remanding 75% of trading fees. This is true only for the SWMC Hashing Exchange as that is the offer specified. That's pure profit on the contributors side of this offer, so the ROI estimation is accurate if you assume the values given in the example as being accurate. To be clear, those figures are indeed accurate, but only if the full trading volume as represented is achieved. As with any investment, there are risks involved, so whether or not those numbers are achieved or not can't be known. If you're wondering where the company will make its profits with the Hashing Exchange, it will be in the sale of Hosted Wasp miningware, Bitcoin mining and hashes from SWMC's own miningware sold on the exchange. But this is just one facet of SWMC's business model, there are lots of opportunities to be explored in the future of Bitcoin's economic expansion. Most of these opportunities haven't even been invented yet!

As far as shares in the company itself are concerned, you would be talking about a Founders Contract which does offer 25% (this would be after cost) of company profits as a perk. The back end process of the Hashing Exchange will also handle the sale of company shares and contracts, which will also be tradable, but this function will be a different part of the main website. I plan to expand the trading choices in the future to take advantage of the various decentralized exchanges like counterpartyd or Bitshares PTS (I will never use Havelock!) Investments are made and have rights to profits based on the type of investment made. There will not be board members because that would require a different business model than that which I wish to use. (I just simply wouldn't function well in that type of political environment.) Even so, I would never ignore those who are supporting SWMC and will always seek to make them happy and be worthy of their trust. Voting on specific actions will be offered based on need and customer opinions and if it seems the best way to resolve a serious issue.

Competition:
What is the timeline for the completion of the website? Who is developing and maintaining the website? CEX has HUGE volume, in order to earn 4000 BTC in revenue a day, they trade ~310,000 in gh/s per day (4000 BTC volume/ 0.01290146 current price per gh/s). This doesn't even include gh/s that wasn't traded and just kept mining. How do you plan to get even a fraction of that kind of volume when CEX has a huge lead and millions in the bank? With its bigger bank can't CEX buy gh/s in greater bulk, thus paying less per gh/s and beating your prices? How do you plan to combat this especially since CEX can just buy WASPs too if they are cheaper per gh/s?

If you look around at other industries, you'll notice that, for the most part, there are at least three companies at the top of the industry, these are often referred to as "The Big Three." So far, there is only one company of note that trades mining hashes like a commodity and that is CEX. One issue with CEX is that you have to use your mining hashes on their mining pool. Not so long ago, CEX's network hashing share was threatening to surpass more than 50% of the entire Bitcoin Hashing Network, this resulted in fears of the dreaded 51% attack becoming possible and a loss of a significant of support for CEX.

One of the ways that SWMC would use to avoid such concerns is to allow those who exchange hashing power on SWMC's Hasing Exchange to choose their own mining pool or even mine solo if they wish. Combine that with hosted mining that offers the same benefit, then I believe that The SWMC Hashing Exchange's model will have a great deal of support within the Bitcoin community and that will lead to a successful business model.

Additionally, as time marches on, the costs of Bitcoin mining will rise beyond the ability of most individuals to afford (to keep up with) on their own. Just as mining pools helped solve this issue before, collective participation in mining farms will be a similar solution moving forward. Hashing exchange platforms and similar solutions will become the norm, so the market will only increase as things progress in this direction. It's advantageous for SWMC to establish itself while this trend is still in its early stages. It is also advantageous for investors to take advantage of any offer that gives them a significant portion of the income generated by trading fees. It may not be so much now, but the potential is significant as time and the associated market share progresses. In the future, a volume of 4000 BTCs worth of trading in a day will seem rather small for a single exchange.

The concern of the Bitcoin community over keeping the Decentralized Nature of Bitcoins Decentralized Network sanctimonious will limit CEX's ability to grow, but does allow other organizations to flourish if they offer a way to profit/participate in Bitcoin mining and help preserve Bitcoins Decentralized Network at the same time. CEX's enormous coffers do not compare to the total funds available amongst the Bitcoin community as a whole. So if SWMC gains significant support in the community funding shouldn't (won't) be an issue. Besides this fact, it isn't SWMC goal to surpass CEX or beat them in any race for hashing power. As a faithful believer in what Bitcoin can provide to the world, my goal is to support the Bitcoin community and the Bitcoin Network as best as I can.

I believe CEX already uses their own hardware design using bitfury chips. So if they switch to Wasps, I don't see that changing much at all. On top of this, CEX doesn't market their hardware and all of the hashing power that they sell is on their exchange. Again, I don't see that changing much even if they adopt the Wasp designs. Add to this what I just mentioned above and I have even less concern about this issue.

Costs:
Finally what about costs? Running a website at the scale of CEX costs thousands of dollars per month in server costs alone. On top of that it requires not just a developer but also things like a support team and a ton of add on services like Mandrill/Mailchimp, Cloudflare and Zendesk (these alone are like $500 per month for a high traffic site). And that is just the website, it doesn't include maintaining thousands of Asics and paying for electricity for them.

Well, CEX didn't just materialize into existence one evening all ready to go, they had to grow over time. As SWMC needs to expand its capabilities, it will do so. The rest of what you mention is just the costs of doing business and when the time comes for those things to be added, well, I need not repeat my statment.

Quote from: LDR link=topic=297334. msg5719514#msg5719514 date=1394925259
In your post you have taken the revenue earned and divided it between shares without subtracting any costs whatsoever. This does not calculate ROI per share it calculates net revenue per share. Costs take up the vast majority of a business' revenue thus your ROI calculations are completely wrong.
I believe I already addressed this point.

center]
ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
[/center]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 06:56:17 AM

Further progress has been made by The WPC on the A1 Wasp test board...

It's ALIVE!

A note from the WPC EE:

I am blinking the lights!

So:

1. 3.3V regulator working
2. JTAG interface to UC3C working
3. Processor is initializing
4. ASF now working (took moving to Studio 6.2, since all UC3C was broken in 6.1)
5. 12MHz oscillator is working
6. Can do one LED - all 3 colors are working

Yay! (Finally!)

Download the Wasp P0rn movie here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3u-c97pGdlfdlI4Mk1SdE5NVFE/edit?usp=sharing

center]
ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
[/center]
Cyberius Maximus

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 05:06:14 PM

Very few things are more rewarding than blinking LEDs.  I don't know why.

I see the website is back up.  What's been happening?  How's the mining going and what bitcoin hardware have you got mining?

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 11:25:08 PM

Very few things are more rewarding than blinking LEDs.  I don't know why.

I see the website is back up.  What's been happening?  How's the mining going and what bitcoin hardware have you got mining?
Hello Cyberius, nice to hear from you!

ATM, SWMC hasn't any hardware hashing because we are waiting for the KnC Neptune to arrive. Current investors will start earning with 300-450 GH/s once the miner arrives and is hashing away. Investors will also receive, in addition to the Neptune hashing share, bonus hashes from SWMC's Hashing Exchange once it is up and running. The hashing power will be figured to provide each investor an amount that will double their investment amount within 2-4 months (adjusted as needed.) Considering that the total BTC invested into SWMC from shareholders is less than 7 BTC, this won't take a great deal of the hasing power and will be a very small precent of the hashing power provided by SWMC's Hashing Exchange.

The best way to get all of the updates for whats happening now with The SWMC, is to review prior posts that I have made starting with post #212

center]
ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
[/center]
pripma

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 09:24:23 PM

James,

I sent you an e-mail just now regarding my shares of the Neptune.  Can you reply and validate the information?  I am using the info@solarwindmining.com e-mail.  This is the e-mail I received when I purchased my shares.  Is this the correct e-mail or should we be contacting you using another e-mail address.

Thanks
Pete

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 06:54:15 PM

James,

I sent you an e-mail just now regarding my shares of the Neptune.  Can you reply and validate the information?  I am using the info@solarwindmining.com e-mail.  This is the e-mail I received when I purchased my shares.  Is this the correct e-mail or should we be contacting you using another e-mail address.

Thanks
Pete
You bet, that email address is now working and your information is confirmed.

center]
ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
[/center]

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 08:58:36 PM

Just dropping in to let everyone that we are still working hard at getting the new website and Hashing Exchange up and running. Nothing of note to mention as we are currently working on the framework which isn't all that exciting.

Regards,
James

center]
ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
[/center]

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 11:02:52 PM

Just found this NEWS RELEASE from KnCMiner, all Neptune customers from the first and second batch will receive a second Neptune FOR FREE!!

That means that we will receive a total minimum of 6 TH/s, if my estimate of 4.5 TH/s is correct we will receive ~9-10 TH/s in total Smiley.

Quote from: KnCMiner
Neptune performance upgrade
4/28/2014 6:48:00 PM
KnCMiner Offers Two-for-One Deal on Bitcoin Mining’s Most Powerful Machine to Loyal Customers

STOCKHOLM, DATE, 2014 — KnCMiner (https://www.kncminer.com/), the most trusted brand in Bitcoin mining, announced today that it will give every current customer who has an outstanding order for a machine from its Neptune line’s first two batches a free Neptune from its upcoming “third batch” of Neptunes. This represents a $5,995 value and, perhaps more importantly, will provide KnCMiner’s most loyal customers with twice the hashing power they would have otherwise received with just one of these machines.

“We know that it is getting tougher to successfully mine in this environment and we want our customers to have every advantage we can give them,” said KnCMiner CEO Sam Cole. “So to combat the downward trend in mining returns for the customers who have been with us right from the beginning, and to show our competition we mean business, we will be over-delivering again on all orders.”

Neptune is KnCMiner’s first 20nm product. It features a minimum of 3,000 GH/s (aka 3 TH/s) of hashing speed, five times faster than the company’s most recent bestselling miner, the Jupiter. It also boasts a 30 percent reduction in watts-per-GH. Thanks to KnCMiner’s offer, each customer who ordered a first or second batch Neptune, will get a minimum 6TH for each order, with their original 3TH product shipped in June and the free “third batch” machine delivered in August.

“As miners face growing competition, and the increasing difficulty to mine Bitcoin, we will keep working on creative and unorthodox ways to put the best and most loyal customers on the planet first and provide them with the competitive edge they’ve come to expect from KnCMiner,” said Cole.

The company has recently announced other initiatives to engage all form of cryptominers, including the launch of a “Mini Neptune” machine (1500 GH/s, $3,495), and for all those Litecoin and Dogecoin enthusiasts, the availability of scrypt miners—the Titan (300 MH/s, $9,995) and “Mini Titan” (150 MH/s, $5,495). KnCMiner also offers cloud-hosted mining participation to existing customers. To learn more about these products and services, please visit https://www.kncminer.com.

About KnC
KnCMiner is the most trusted brand in Bitcoin mining. The company specializes in building leading-edge hardware that secures transactions for the distributed Bitcoin network and other digital currency pools like Litecoin and Dogecoin. KnCMiner offers a range of goods and services that allow for all levels of cryptomining participation, large and small. The company was founded in 2013 by Sam Cole, Marcus Erlandsson, Andreas Kennemar and Michael Unnebäck after the merger of ORSoC AB and Kennemar & Cole AB. The company’s leadership team has almost 30 years worth of experience in bringing excellent services and products to the global market. For more information, please visit https://www.kncminer.com.

center]
ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
[/center]

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 09:31:41 AM

Thanks for the updates. You can show my username too.
All done.

Just a heads up, I am working on submitting an application to Havelock Investments to raise capital for the SWMC Hashing Exchange. This will be a ground floor opportunity to earn a BTC income on the other side of the industry, rather than buying miningware to mine with, owners of shares in the SWMC Hashing Exchange will be earning BTC as a profit share in the Hashing Exchange's miningware and hash sales as well as on the hosting fees. The capital to be raised will be used to finance the physical infrastructure (miningware fabrication and supporting systems.) I have tried to raise the funds directly so as to save on some of the fees involved in an IPO, but there is little interest. So I will try the Havelock route to see if this improves the situation.

Thanks!
James

center]
ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
[/center]
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 11:22:39 PM

Just a heads up, I am working on submitting an application to Havelock Investments to raise capital for the SWMC Hashing Exchange. This will be a ground floor opportunity to earn a BTC income on the other side of the industry, rather than buying miningware to mine with, owners of shares in the SWMC Hashing Exchange will be earning BTC as a profit share in the Hashing Exchange's miningware and hash sales as well as on the hosting fees. The capital to be raised will be used to finance the physical infrastructure (miningware fabrication and supporting systems.) I have tried to raise the funds directly so as to save on some of the fees involved in an IPO, but there is little interest. So I will try the Havelock route to see if this improves the situation.

Thanks!
James

Have you considered just consolidating the entire business in to Havelock? In that method, you can give those of us shares equal to what we "own" right now, and then raise additional capital and only have to worry about the payment sending through one medium. It would also go to help provide a more transparent listing as to what we own. In my case, for example, I know what you've said I own but there's no public documentation of that.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 05:11:43 AM

Have you considered just consolidating the entire business in to Havelock? In that method, you can give those of us shares equal to what we "own" right now, and then raise additional capital and only have to worry about the payment sending through one medium. It would also go to help provide a more transparent listing as to what we own. In my case, for example, I know what you've said I own but there's no public documentation of that.

I have considered something like what you suggest, the problem is the IRS's recent rules make the former business structure difficult and costly to manage. I will be shifting to a managed hosting format to avoid the immense amount of paperwork and personal information those rules will require, this will require a change in share terms. Fortunately (sort of), the current number of investors is small so fulfilling the promise to them will not cost SWMC a huge fortune. I am waiting on $13,000+ which will be more than enough to double ALL current investments, but the company that owes SWMC the money is has not made a payment in months. Even though they are having some trouble of their own, I still believe they will pay up. I am likely to offer some nice incentives using this money for a buyout or conversion of current shares.

I will let you know more when the account is finally settled.

Regards,
James

center]
ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
[/center]
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 05:19:50 AM

I have considered something like what you suggest, the problem is the IRS's recent rules make the former business structure difficult and costly to manage. I will be shifting to a managed hosting format to avoid the immense amount of paperwork and personal information those rules will require, this will require a change in share terms. Fortunately (sort of), the current number of investors is small so fulfilling the promise to them will not cost SWMC a huge fortune. I am waiting on $13,000+ which will be more than enough to double ALL current investments, but the company that owes SWMC the money is has not made a payment in months. Even though they are having some trouble of their own, I still believe they will pay up. I am likely to offer some nice incentives using this money for a buyout or conversion of current shares.

I will let you know more when the account is finally settled.

Regards,
James

That sounds good! I look forward to hearing more as the time comes, Smiley.

Also, just as a heads-up, I am up for more work with SWMC as things come up (hopefully you still remember who I am, :p).

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 05:45:47 AM

Also, just as a heads-up, I am up for more work with SWMC as things come up (hopefully you still remember who I am, :p).

No worries ranlo, I haven't forgotten you, I never forget my friends!  Smiley

center]
ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
[/center]
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 05:52:31 AM

No worries ranlo, I haven't forgotten you, I never forget my friends!  Smiley

Thanks!

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 11:10:52 PM

Check it out, coolist thing in quite awhile!!

Check it out!! This is similar to an Idea I was working on, but they got there first!!

Youtube

Indiegogo Page: Solar Roadways

Collecting donations for the Solar Roadways Project

Donation Address: BTC1KUHaFVg7mBLaSeL6NN9FwA77nEydkSZ3K

center]
ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
[/center]

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 07:21:21 PM

NEPTUNE'S START SHIPPING THIS WEEK!!

https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-94

center]
ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
[/center]

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 07:45:53 PM

Just some quick guesswork on the hashing power that the Neptune may provide based on the Jupiter's performance numbers...

1440 cores @ 716 MH/s per core = 1.03104 TH/s per chip * 5 chips (not 4 chips as I previously assumed) = 5.1552 TH/s per Neptune * 2 Nuptune's = 10.3104TH/s  for our GB

1440 cores @ 781 MH/s per core = 1.12464 TH/s per chip * 5 chips = 5.6232 TH/s per Neptune * 2 Neptune's = 11,2464 TH/s for our GB

** Of course, we must realize that the chips may perform better or worse than the Jupiter's chips. They may have added a fifth chip to compensate for lower than expected performance of the Neptune chips -OR- They may have added the fifth chip to make sure their customers make ROI+. We'll have to wait and see...

center]
ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
[/center]
xTachibana

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 08:10:03 AM

Just some quick guesswork on the hashing power that the Neptune may provide based on the Jupiter's performance numbers...

1440 cores @ 716 MH/s per core = 1.03104 TH/s per chip * 5 chips (not 4 chips as I previously assumed) = 5.1552 TH/s per Neptune * 2 Nuptune's = 10.3104TH/s  for our GB

1440 cores @ 781 MH/s per core = 1.12464 TH/s per chip * 5 chips = 5.6232 TH/s per Neptune * 2 Neptune's = 11,2464 TH/s for our GB

** Of course, we must realize that the chips may perform better or worse than the Jupiter's chips. They may have added a fifth chip to compensate for lower than expected performance of the Neptune chips -OR- They may have added the fifth chip to make sure their customers make ROI+. We'll have to wait and see...

looking forward to that :O

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]              Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program              [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●   TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 04:20:03 PM

Place Your Vote
Should we convert the second Neptune to a Titan scrypt miner?

Apparently, the performance of the Neptune is unexpectedly disappointing. Looks like KNC has had some issues with their new chip. Although the hash rate at 3.3 TH/s is higher than the Jupiter, the Neptune is under-performing per core compared to the Jupiter, and that is with a FIFTH chip added to the mix...

That comes out at just over 486 MH/s per core, just about two thirds that of Jupiter's 716-781 MH/s per core. I am assuming that they have either a high dead core count or that in their rush to ship the Neptune's that they haven't tweaked the firmware well enough...

KNC states that the will be offering the opportunity to receive their new Titan scrypt miner instead of the second Neptune. So lets vote on whether or not to take the Neptune or the Titan...

All votes count, you must vote or you leave the decision to those who do vote

center]
ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
[/center]

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 07:10:31 AM

I vote to get any machine that will start hashing first.
This is a race - the ones who start hashing first win.

I prefer mining bitcoin,
but if they have these TITANS on hand then get them.

no, i think titan isnt ready yet. neptune 2nd batch would be sooner.
bitcoin for my vote

op is that wasp thing ever coming off?

The WPC is still active, the latest board to be produced is the Spondoolies Whiteface mining board. This is a test mining board for the Allied Control Cooling Container project. All current boards are proof of concept tests, currently the only chips being used are ones that will not reach ROI.

SWMC is planning on offering preorders for hashing power based on the SWMC Hashing Exchange that is currently being tested internally. When I do offer the GH/s to early adopters, there will be an ROI+ guarantee and some nice bonus included, but again, that is for early adopters only. I wanted to offer a beta version of the Hashing Exchange before I offered any preorders, but we may not be able to wait that long. Many of the big mining companies out there are buying up chips long before the average individual even knows the chips will be available. That makes it nearly impossible to get enough chips that will afford us an ROI by the time those chips are released.

All of the big mining companies (including ASIC hardware manufacturers) are moving to a cloud mining platform. It wont be too many months from now and you wont be able to purchase personal miningware at all, simply because it will cost to much to keep up (if we aren't already there and just haven't decided to accept it yet,) or there won't be anyone who wants to sell miningware to you. It is soon to become an only big players league when it comes to Bitcoin mining.

That's why I am building the SWMC Hashing Exchange, so we can still be in the game and be just as profitable...

To make this work, SWMC will need to raise some serious capital. So the plan is to offer an initial total hashing power of 2-4 PH/s at somewhere around 85¢ a GH/s with an ROI+ guarantee for early adopters. We are currently in negotiations with Allied Control as part of the development of our data center which will be utilizing immersion cooling methods like that which is provided by Allied Control. We are also working on getting access to 5.5¢ kWh electricity. I have dual US/British citizenship, so I am considering basing part of SWMC in The Isle of Man which is a Bitcoin friendly country. It may not look like much is happening with SWMC on your end, but there is a lot of activity on mine.

Just to measure your interest, what price point for hashing power would motivate you to preorder hashing power with an ROI+ guarantee from The SWMC Hashing Exchange with the understanding that the exchange is in the development stage and that hashing power may not go live for several months? After sufficient hashing power is being circulated on the exchange, SWMC will never offer preorders again.

center]
ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█