Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:05:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: knc chips picture  (Read 3182 times)
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 08:43:28 PM

And I deserve some promised apologies. So with all due respect to those that promised they had the balls to do so once the time came, it's now. I wasn't lying, I never have been, and i'm happy to forgive, and let bygones be bygones.

Credit, where credit's due, I told the truth, and received no payment for my efforts. I just wanted to put an end to the scamming madness around the end of April on, and school some peeps on making secure pre-order purchases.

So in all fairness my heart was, and always has been in the right place (with a level head i'd like to think as well).

There's also a tip jar if anyone fancies buying me a drink! Wink

I hope you get your apology. As you are aware, I was in your corner from the beginning. You took the time to talk to and educate a newbie. Plus, I got no issue with enthusiasm. May you mine a mint, sir!

In the longer term, I've had some ideas on the things we discussed regarding wider adoption of bitcoin. May be re-inventing the wheel, but if you're interested in my thoughts, fire me a PM.
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 08:49:15 PM

And I deserve some promised apologies. So with all due respect to those that promised they had the balls to do so once the time came, it's now. I wasn't lying, I never have been, and i'm happy to forgive, and let bygones be bygones.

Credit, where credit's due, I told the truth, and received no payment for my efforts. I just wanted to put an end to the scamming madness around the end of April on, and school some peeps on making secure pre-order purchases.

So in all fairness my heart was, and always has been in the right place (with a level head i'd like to think as well).

I hope you get your apology. As you are aware, I was in your corner from the beginning. You took the time to talk to and educate a newbie. Plus, I got no issue with enthusiasm. May you mine a mint, sir!

In the longer term, I've had some ideas on the things we discussed regarding wider adoption of bitcoin. May be re-inventing the wheel, but if you're interested in my thoughts, fire me a PM.

Biomech you've always been a true gent and approached with a level head and balanced, reasoned arguments, so please all ears buddy. Always look forward to hearing from you. Wink

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 08:53:01 PM

Jeez, what a bunch of sheeple.  Roll Eyes

News flash: Avalon showed pictures of chips and even shipped a bunch of ASICs to customers in Batch 1, AND THEY STILL SCAMMED US. My Batch 3 Avalon mining farm is currently showing it will lose about 250 BTC. Yea, not only will we not break even, but we're likely going to lose $35,000.....

BFLs got a ton of pictures of chips and mining equipment, and they're still scamming people left and right. "Our shipping queue will be fully shipped by the end of September." ... Yeah, right... and pigs can fly.

ASICMINER has many pictures of their chips, and they are quasi-scamming people straight to their face with their price gauging. They sell overpriced equipment that will never break even to idiots and the non informed. I admit ASICMINER is probably the lesser of the three evil ASIC companies, but you get my point.

A picture of a chip means nothing until it is a working product delivered to our doorstep. There are many things left to do before that can become a reality. I wouldn't claim victory just yet.

The difference between knc and the rest is thet knc is an old respectable company. They did ASICs way long before everyone else and they were a very respectable business long before the bitcoin mining.

Avalon had the whole mining business in their hand,but  got greedy and sold our chips to the highest bidder in China, BFL's boss is a convicted man for mail fraud and ASICMINER is trying to maximize profits for shareholders like any other company on Earth that is listed with shares so i see nothing wrong there.

A picture of a chips may mean nothing, but at least they show progress compared to some other companies that show nothing.

Actually, OrSOC is the older respected company. KnC was formed specifically for this venture.

Before I get jumped, that's for the sake of accuracy. Had I been able, I would have bet on this horse, and I think they will deliver nearly on time. Those who are trumpeting Bitfury? Well, you're right, but they had a bit of delay in their deliveries as well. Yeah, they made some of them on time and as advertised. They missed by a day or two on some of them as well. Up to a week on some of Megabigpower's orders. Does this make them a scam? No, just hit a speed bump. I suspect it will be the same with KnC. I think they are likely to deliver a fair number of their day one orders on time, and be a bit delayed (a few days) on the rest. While that may be either good or bad on the people who had bitbets (depending on how you bet) it doesn't make them a scam or unreliable. Or even untruthful, since they have stated that they are on track for their promised deliveries, not that they are absolutely certain.

Throughout their public history, KnC has been pretty transparent and very conservative in their estimates and promises, with some optimistic hints. From a purely marketing standpoint, they have perhaps been a bit TOO transparent and TOO conservative. I find that refreshing, though they might want to hire PR people for the next generation Smiley

It's a great milestone. If they get the chips packaged on the timeline they've stated (tight, but possible), then they may surprise me and actually make all of their september orders by the 30th. In the event that they are a day or two late, I will not be screaming about it, as it's STILL better than anyone but Bitfury, and on par with them.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 08:54:16 PM

It's a little early to be celebrating. All they have now is some silicon. It has not been proven to work, yet. It has not hashed a single header. Show it hashing, then celebrate.

Buy & Hold
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 08:55:53 PM

Biomech you've always been a true gent and approached with a level head and balanced, reasoned arguments, so please all ears buddy. Always look forward to hearing from you. Wink

Well, not always. I had a post deleted by the mods a couple days ago for swinging a club at Eve. Usually I can resist the trolls, but that one gets on my nerves. But I do try. And thanks for the kind words. I'll write up a couple of things and send them your way in a bit. I have to find my notes, and perhaps should start a thread on the subject.
shapemaker

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

I run Linux on my abacus.

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 08:55:56 PM

The difference between knc and the rest is thet knc is an old respectable company. They did ASICs way long before everyone else and they were a very respectable business long before the bitcoin mining.

Just a slight correction here: KNC is a new company which was founded just to make these bitcoin ASICs and miners. The old established company behind them is ORSoC. KNC can still fail (even though that is a remote possibility), but that won't hurt ORSoC since they're a separate entity.

Shut up and give me money: 115UAYWLPTcRQ2hrT7VNo84SSFE5nT5ozo
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 09:01:40 PM

Just a slight correction here: KNC is a new company which was founded just to make these bitcoin ASICs and miners. The old established company behind them is ORSoC. KNC can still fail (even though that is a remote possibility), but that won't hurt ORSoC since they're a separate entity.

Yes that's my mistake. KNC is a new company, but Sam and the rest of the team made ASICs and assembled hardware before KNC so they have a business history that the others didn't. That was my point.

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 09:07:31 PM

It's a little early to be celebrating. All they have now is some silicon. It has not been proven to work, yet. It has not hashed a single header. Show it hashing, then celebrate.

I'm not celebrating by any means yet, but fact is I'm not a shill, scammer, sockpuppet, but a real person that does exist and has only ever meant well to the community on this forum. The fact they have shown something in silicon at the very least should clear my name from all the unfounded accusations and abuse I have had to endure, for what? Wanting to see someone capable come to the forefront, behave with integrity, put their customers first, offer secure payment and behave like real engineers?

This ship has endured some stormy weather and I've been demonised for just sharing facts and remaining positive in my own ability to distinguish real engineering design from the scams around us. I studied the bloody subject for 5 years FFS! I know Engineering Design backwards inside and out. I've worked in private equity I've always known what I was looking for and I've wanted to see this project a success.

I could claim lots of things and no one has a right to believe me, so to be fair to everybody all I could ever do is just share my research and let you make your own minds up. That small statement of a picture of their brand in silicon at the very least reinstates my integrity that I have never ever lied to anyone here, and I really have not wanted to see anyone scammed. Couple that with every other company I called out as being a scam throughout my research actually failing and having a 100% success rate, I'd say it was fair I've been talking sense all along.

I just would like to see those that gave me a load of unnecessary abuse, and that didn't have ulterior and nefarious purposes in misleading people, actually man up and say sorry. Because I've played it cool and straight the entire way, deceiving nobody, and I'm willing to shake a virtual hand, forgive, and forget and plain move on with those that have the balls to do so.

frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 11:45:07 PM

'says fuck you fuck you fuck you, you're cool, fuck you and fuck you!'
(Eve) (Rampion) (Bitcoinorama) (troll)  (bigtroll)

YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 12:34:28 AM

nobody is claiming victory just because there's no battle to win.

we just want to point out to all our "beloved" fellas, that were asking specifically for chip's picture, that eventually we've got one.

as simple as that.

I understand.

I just think it is very dangerous to openly praise an ASIC company whilst they are still unproven yet. People make investment decisions off of every single thread and post in these subforums. I would hate for someone to run out and buy a million Jupiters based off of this thread, and then KNC turn around and delay delay delay like BFL.

I think it would be best to withhold praise and judgement until they actually ship working equipment (on time) that will actually ROI. I am not saying KNC will do these things and scam their customers, but anyone that thinks it isn't a possibility is fooling themselves.

Sorry if my post came across as rude, I am just tired of people championing KNC left and right when they are largely unproven up to this point.

These guys so far have kept to there word and demonstrated & earnt respect so far !!

I think & hope they are awesome ...knc are we hope the moral high ground where BFL & Avalon are the sludge at the bottom of the pool Cheesy

OBJECT NOT FOUND
r3animation

Activity: 756

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 03:15:17 AM

Now this is interesting. Which will arrive first? KNC, BFL or Bitburner XX?

1) I have a KNC Day 1 order (saturn)
2) My lonesome BFL Single order shipped earlier this week but seems to be stuck in Chicago (I'm international)
3) Zefir is sending out the Avalon chips on monday

Any bets? lol

plasmoske

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

The realist

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 06:26:47 AM
Last edit: September 20, 2013, 07:13:17 AM by plasmoske

I understand.

I just think it is very dangerous to openly praise an ASIC company whilst they are still unproven yet. People make investment decisions off of every single thread and post in these subforums. I would hate for someone to run out and buy a million Jupiters based off of this thread, and then KNC turn around and delay delay delay like BFL.

I think it would be best to withhold praise and judgement until they actually ship working equipment (on time) that will actually ROI. I am not saying KNC will do these things and scam their customers, but anyone that thinks it isn't a possibility is fooling themselves.

Sorry if my post came across as rude, I am just tired of people championing KNC left and right when they are largely unproven up to this point.

Gonna have to agreed with you on this one. As much as I'd love to champion KNC (I'm a customer of them), they're still unproven at this point. I mean so far they've been great but until the miner is actually in my hands and hashing away, then I'd just say, for now they're good but I'm not going to go around championing them whilst screaming they're the most legit, proven, the best, and that everyone who says not is a fool.

Don't be too hasty to jump my friend. Give it some time.

P.S This ain't a religion but it sounds to me like some people are just too crazed/getting all worked up about it. It's just a company. If they're legit and can produce working miners, then that's great. That's good for them, me and everyone else. That's about all there is to it.
sickpig (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 06:54:00 AM

nobody is claiming victory just because there's no battle to win.

I understand.

we are in violent agreement here.

anyway I just want to make clear that I wasn't praising KnC at all, after all they have only posted a picture Tongue

actually the main aim of this thread was underlining the futility of repeated chip picture requests made by some forum members.

don't need to apologize, really.

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 09:42:00 AM

Sure this isn't just a pic of Cointerra's chip??    Roll Eyes

LOL... I love the optimism.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 09:45:04 AM

Sure this isn't just a pic of Cointerra's chip??    Roll Eyes

LOL... I love the optimism.

Heh.  Only if Cointerra is using the KNC Logo embedded in their chip....
de_ixie

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 11:47:20 AM

No apologies here - just a comment from a quiet reader. No matter how this ends. With your detailed open day report and your constant effort you heavily influenced my decicion to invest in KnC back in June. Your research and positive attitude towards KnC kept me away from pushing the refund button during this endless 3 months. In case of break even - my first 0.1 BC will go to your account.

From Germany to UK - Keep up the good work

European Bitcoin Exchange - Bitcoin handeln im deutschen Rechtsraum. Fair und reibungslos:
www.bitcoin.de (Aff. Link - Thank you!)
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 07:18:06 PM

No apologies here - just a comment from a quiet reader. No matter how this ends. With your detailed open day report and your constant effort you heavily influenced my decicion to invest in KnC back in June. Your research and positive attitude towards KnC kept me away from pushing the refund button during this endless 3 months. In case of break even - my first 0.1 BC will go to your account.

From Germany to UK - Keep up the good work

Cheers bro, this was a stormy ship to helm amongst the community, but I wanted a fair fight, a shill I have never been, factual balanced arguments I sought. And in fairness I wanted to see the crown handed to people who put their customers first and respected the coin itself. These guys are geeks through and through, super geeks. Marcus is an exceptionally cool geek, as opposed to the standard introverted kind, though he is surrounded by around 25 of those as well working full time on this, and I was told off by him, for giving him all the credit. My positivity has always been substantiated unlike the troll BS and more nefarious characters with vested interests elsewhere. Anyone that puts their customer first and respect their funds, by allowing secured pre-orders get's my vote. You know you are onto a winner when a load of competitors rise claiming better best case scenarios whilst copying your exact same delivery method!!

That said Coinhoarder has a point, as much as he has been incorrect of his judgement towards me in the past, they still need to deliver. That said, did I mention how supergeeky they are? Tongue

In all fairness though do not underestimate Stockholm, they have 5g there as mobile standard opposite the KnC office. Stockholm produces serious talent, not Silicon bravado, and are known for their introverted pessimism as an expectation, which is precisely why Asia rates them. They shy from attention, which is surprising, should they deliver, they deserve a massive kick up the backside by the community to shout about their achievement. I can't tell whether it's a shrewd hand they play or just plain modesty, but they have no end of suggestions from me to take full advantage once they deliver on promises. I just cannot believe they are the only firm behaving like engineers over marketers. But whatever, props to them, they will earn serious accolade on the otherside from happy customers if they deliver in a reasonable time. I know for a fact their approach is not solely chip focused and that's a huge plus.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/6cb41d38-6c58-11e1-b00f-00144feab49a.html?goback=%2Egde_48688_member_100904185#axzz1p1Svob9X

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: