Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:05:18 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin Fall in the next couple of years?  (Read 438 times)
grittymcgritface (OP)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 11:15:05 AM

Please take at least a single merit first and perhaps I will consider looking into the possibility that Bitcoin will fall in the next couple of years.  Wink Just kidding. But, kidding aside, I don't agree with your speculation. It is not a logical one nor a factual one. That is the truth. If I were you, I would buy now because the year 2018 will close with Bitcoin grabbing at least $50,000 in value and the following year end, it will more than double its price. And where did you get your facts on the claim that a 3rd of the world's energy is utilized by crypto mining? Please go back and know that it is not true. 
Its taken from a media article I cant find the original but here's one to illustrate the point. https://powercompare.co.uk/bitcoin/ https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/ywbbpm/bitcoin-mining-electricity-consumption-ethereum-energy-climate-changeAnd How is that not logical conclusion. When companies become old and outdated they gradually decline. Bitcoin has no reason for its price to be that high aside from the fact that it is the original cryptocurrency. I'm not saying it will crash and burn in one month but I don't think it will hold at 10k for eternity. The world won't adopt a currency at such a cost. For bitcoin to hit 50,000 dollars its energy consumption would increase tenfold. And even if that amount of energy were available cheaply enough that's a five times increase in price and more importantly in market cap which would make it worth just short of a trillion dollars...
https://www.forbes.com/sites/energyinnovation/2018/01/18/bitcoin-minings-energy-use-wont-eat-the-world-if-prices-stay-below-19-annual-growth/#2e2d33744dc7
vastmast

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

ARIZN - Tokenised Crowdfunding Platform

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 11:25:34 AM

The price of bitcoin is not too much. now everyone knows and follows. Millions of people are waiting for the prices to fall.
There will always be small price drops, but these reductions will never be large Cheesy

______________▂   arizn  ▂______________       ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                             A TOKENISED CROWD FUNDING PLATFORM                                     ◄ ICO: 30% BONUS  ►
Facebook Twitter Youtube Instagram Website Wallet Telegram Whitepaper     ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
KourtneyK

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 11:28:07 AM

I personally don't think bitcoin will fall in the next couple of years although there are always a set back to the price and might dump a little but I don't think it is dropping back to how much it dropped just recently which was around $6k. But I'm not expecting too much from it as well like it would reach to that percentage it gained last November-Decembe.
Slavyanskiy

Activity: 462
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 11:31:43 AM

I believe there is a high probability that the price of Bitcoin will fall. and in the future, another coin will take it place Bitcoin.
We will see, in the future, which one.
kulakvlad

Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 12:09:54 PM

Predicting will be possible after the Bitcoin price has returned to $ 20,000. And it is important at what speed it will recover.

Korieim

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 12:24:46 PM

It won't fall but it's dominance over the industry will lesson
GER_Nexus

Activity: 80
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:06:59 PM

I talk with alot of people about crypto. Many are investors in other field or generally "more wealthy" people.
Out of these people:

80% have heard about crypto
60% are interested
40% want to invest in the near future

and only

5-10% are invested in crypto

That clearly shows me a huge potential for the future as there will be constant buy pressure as soon as the technology establishes.

The only way bitcoin or crypto in general will fall is when we find a disruptive new technology that makes blockchain and DAG obsolete.
But that my friends is centuries away.
MartiniBlanco

Activity: 647
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:06:41 PM

Maybe Bitcoin is just in a suckers rally right now and maybe it will dip a little bit more before it goes up more again. But I am not sure about that, because a lot of good guys already bought their BTC back!
AMHURSICKUS

Merit: 101

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:20:13 PM

There will always be a posibility that bitcoin will fall again, because no one can control and no can ever predict it.
The only thing i know is that if theres a fall there will always be a rise, so just trust bitcoin and be patient all the time.
For now lets enjoy it, and thanks to it. Earn more bitcoin because our profit is on its way to us.

▂ ▃ ▅ ▆   LUCRE DON'T HODL; TRADE!   ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
BITCOIN & CRYPTO CURRENCY ALGORITHMIC TRADING & SIGNAL SERVICE ✓ 
▌▐ ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Youtube ⬝  Meduim   ▬▬▬▬▬ ▌▐
pageraji

Activity: 966
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:28:20 PM

some people like me is interested in cryptocurrency because dump and pump factor, fall and rise its more atractive to investor, just enjoy the waves...
Inkdatar

Activity: 1582
Merit: 523

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:47:05 PM

I am into positive note that bitcoin will not fall in the next couple of years. Although, we can't please anyone who involve in this bitcoin to continues support in bitcoin. Like just now, we are seeing bitcoin in growth again because of the demand is increasing. It is increasing slowly atleast for that it is a good news.
goyal.dkg

Activity: 336
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:58:18 PM

this is totally impossible to predict what will be value of bitcoin in next couple of years ?
bur for next 1-2 years btc will be king and price will grow as usual .

but yes i can safely say that blockchain technology will be more n more popular in coming years , there is no end of this innovation .
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:41:45 PM

My personal opinion is that bitcoin will continue to rise, and will hit a new ATH this year. We had a bitcoin surge in the second half of last year, followed by the alt surge in December. I think that after this latest bear market in Jan, bitcoin will lead the recovery. It is the biggest coin, and nothing else is strong enough to pull the whole market up. And also I think we need a BTC rise before we see another strong bull market for alts.
HELLOFF

Activity: 602
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:48:09 PM

My personal opinion is that bitcoin will continue to rise, and will hit a new ATH this year. We had a bitcoin surge in the second half of last year, followed by the alt surge in December. I think that after this latest bear market in Jan, bitcoin will lead the recovery. It is the biggest coin, and nothing else is strong enough to pull the whole market up. And also I think we need a BTC rise before we see another strong bull market for alts.
but I generally doubt the prices of Bitcoin. if possible, I will not argue about the heads of the price of Bitcoin, But I could never understand the values ​​of this coin, because it is very large and looks like soap bubbles.
Willitivity

Activity: 1190
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 06:18:45 PM

Earlier this year, we have witnessed a massive drop in the value big Bitcoin, it was so drastic that alotbof people thought that was the end of the Cryptocurrency. But over the days, we have as well seen a gradual rse once again. I don't see the value is f Bitcoin ever going down and hitting rockbottom because alot of people are still coming into the CryptoWorld and the application big Bitcoin is being tested in most other spheres of life.
slackcryptoz

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:51:40 PM

Bitcoin have gained the reputation and a stability with more and more real time projects, so this won't cause a downfall in the value of bitcoin. Possibly the falling years will be making a big change in the growth of bitcoin.
Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 02:14:55 AM

for nowadays its really posible . no need to wait for a couple a year . at end of january it almost touch 6k again .
its only in a week . its really potential to drop or more higher . im preffer to buy at more lower price than right know.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:14:14 AM

I'm curious, I have seen lots of people arguing over whether bitcoin will Rise to 50k maybe even 100k and then there are the others who argue it will fall.
I'm going to state a few facts :
Bitcoin is seen as the base of all crypto and most are compared to it on markets.
Bitcoin is unsustainable as it is. a 3rd of the world's energy is used to mine cryptocurrencies most notably bitcoin which is one of the most energy consuming.As a result, there are high transaction fees.
Now here is my opinion.
I think given these facts Unless bitcoin does not change in some form it will likely be overtaken due to the issues highlighted. This will happen as a result of the huge price which most cannot access and the unattractive nature to the rest of the world which doesn't want to invest in something so energy consuming and volatile.  I think for mass adoption another coin will have o be the base to trade against like tether(which is experiencing problems) or UNY(which is rebranding) These stable coins will make crypto more attractive to many. IDK this is just my opinion and I'm welcome to counter arguments form everyone else.

EDIT: The question is not whether bitcoin drop in terms of current value-The price will remain the same or rise because the whole market will. The question is Will bitcoin fall from the top spot as the most popular currency given that newer faster forms are being developed and if not what do you think will happen?

OK that s stupid to say that 1/3 of world energy is used to mine Bitcoin. That is totally wrong. I am positive there is more energy used to mine Gold and specially Aluminium.  What are you talking about?   Not to mention why you put this thread in altcoins part of forum when you talk about Bitcoin.
Sephire

Activity: 700
Merit: 136

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:21:41 AM

I do not believe that Bitcoin will fall. It should keep rising to new highs and also keep its
top spot for next years.
timikulit

Activity: 196
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:54:02 AM

Bitcoin is the mother or father of all cryptocurrency the only way for bitcoin fall is the following:

1. Cut the Internet worldwide.
2. Remove the miners and make it unprofitable mining bitcoin.
3. Increase the electricity to insanely high.
4. Hack the bitcoin blockchain.

If the above scenario is about to happen Ex: miners abandoned mining bitcoin. then bitcoin can make a hardfork to solve the problem "convert to POS?".
on every problem there is a solution so for me Blockchain technology and bitcoin is here to stay.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: