Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:48:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the hardware wallet useful?  (Read 396 times)
Beazerdred

Activity: 242
Merit: 10

CRYPTASSIST.io

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 06:10:09 PM

I never used but I think that yes it will be useful to those who have large funds on their wallets. Although there are free options for safe storage of funds

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER     》  CRYPTASSIST               |▌  [   ICO HAS STARTED    ▶  JOIN NOW!   ]
            THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD           ⚫  WIN A TESLA ROADSTER!   ))
Telegram   /  ANN   /  Facebook   /  Twitter   /  Reddit   /  Medium   /  Youtube   /  WhitePaper   /
cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 06:13:59 PM

My friend has his own Ledger Nano S. He says that prefer this over the hardware wallet. I know that hardware wallet is highly secured. It's just that in case your computer will be infected by a malware, virus or accidentally getting wet or something like that and may not recover anymore, it would be hard for you to transfer all of your cryptocurrencies to an online digital wallet.

The Ledger Nano S is something you can carry and attach to any PC or laptop you want. Just my own opinion.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
SW_Lee (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 06:15:23 PM

I know there is a hardware wallet, but are they trustable?
There must be pros and cons, but in general, would you recommend them?
and pls tell me the reasons why !?
Hardware wallets are useful and reliable they are also well secured because no one can set an eye on hardware wallet private key. Without getting hold of hardware wallet and pin no fund can be sent from hardware wallet.

That is really cool ! thx!
Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 06:24:44 PM

To me, a hardware wallet have more pros than cons. The security is good and you don’t have to worry about exposing your private keys in the browsers. The only bad thing is you have to bring your hardware wallet with you to access your funds.
SW_Lee (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 07:11:35 PM

Of course it is useful because it is the safest place to hold your bitcoins,i dont really believe to these web wallets or app wallets that are claiming to be the most secured because they are very prone to these hackers,theres no safe system and everything is hackable,every single hardwallet that is connected to the internet,that is why hardwallet storage would be the ideal storage for most of our precious coins.

I see ! thanks for sharing your opinion!
cryptopan

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 07:22:17 PM

Of course,hardwallets are the most secured storage for your coins epecially for your bitcoins,i have been using these hardwallets for years and i dont encoutner any attacks from the hacker because of its security features,and its built in private keys so you wont be required to put your keys before transacting to any wallet,it is very worthy from a very affordable price.

__ ▂ ▃ ▅ ▇ █  TRADELIZE  █ ▇ ▅ ▃ ▂ __
█≣≣≣ICO Starts :April 17,2018≣≣≣█▃Your laser sword in Cryptocurrency Trading ▃█≣≣≣   whitepaper   ≣≣≣█         
≣     Onepager     ≣     ANN Thread     ≣     Facebook     ≣     Telegram     ≣     Twitter     ≣
BitProCoin

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 07:27:48 PM

Hard wallet is very safe. You should definitely buy such a wallet, do not regret money.
rumexx

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 07:28:10 PM

All wallets are useful and safe but the safety of your coins inside the wallet is in your hands. So hardware wallet is inclusive. You must guard  your wallet particulars jealously so that no unauthorized hand will reach it.
bucksman5233

Activity: 264

TV TWO - Connect your TV to ETH Blockchain

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2018, 07:32:36 PM

Definately useful!
If you want to save a bag of coins in a wallet then hardware wallet is the best choice. Though it is costlier it is highly recommend to use an hardware wallet for long term holdings. It is highly secured but doesn't mean it is unhackable. So careful while using it and read all the instructions and risks before storing.

alexeylom

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 11:32:30 PM

Well, I think that Hardware wallets are much safer, and as already mentioned earlier the only way to lose your funds is mechanical damage to the device. But I do not know the options for hacking such a tool so far
cryptoamumu

Activity: 140
Merit: 8

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 11:42:22 PM

The hardware wallet like the ledger nano is a must buy for any crypto investor. Your private key will never leave the hardware wallet so you don't have to worry about it being compromised. And if you ever drop the hardware wallet in the swimming pool by accident, don't worry. When you set it up, you will get recovery phrases that you write down so you can open your wallet if your wallet ever gets damaged. I know they average around $100 which seems pretty expensive but the purchase is worth it.

Only leave coins on exchanges if you day trade but never leave them there long term because exchanges can be hacked and you can lose all your coins.

DATAREUM.NET  |  A DECENTRALIZED MARKETPLACE FOR DATA
━━━━━⚫     Pre-ICO starts at APR 28, 2018     ⚫━━━━━
sotoshihero

Activity: 850
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 11:45:35 PM

Hard wallet is very safe. You should definitely buy such a wallet, do not regret money.

Yes I believe so. But there are reports that they lose their money/cryptocurrency with hardware wallet. It seems there is a legit and a fake hardware wallet? Or there is the one that comes with pre program wallet where in someone has gotten the private keys  Huh

I think do not accept any hardware wallet that is being opened/run or being initialized with pre program hash phrase or private keys. Buy from legit or accredited supplier.
Restmand

Activity: 979
Merit: 258

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 11:46:57 PM

Everything have a disadvantage and disadvantage but among of all the wallet,based on my observing i think we can trust the hardware wallet because there's nothing news about the hardware because it is a full secure unlike the software there are many scammers and hackers as of now many of us was using it.
gohan21

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 11:48:16 PM

good hardware wallets because they secured them and you just need to follow what they say here so your wallet will not be a scam.
captaincomet

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 11:49:52 PM

The hardware purse can be hung on a string and worn around the neck, It's safe, because hackers will find it difficult to get these codes
GreatOrchid
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 11:54:42 PM

Please, educate yourself and learn english before shit posting in here, your entire post gave me eyes blindness,
and i am not joking, seriously.
Where are you from? South asia?
Particularly recommend the hardware portfolio only with investments in the medy and long term, another reason to have a portfolio even in the short term is a large number of currencies that you own or intend to buy, in which case having a key practitioner is the best insurance, mining It's the way in the wallets, I recommend it too. In case of no mining, or little quantity do not recommend.
Entei

Activity: 543
Merit: 281

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 12:23:47 AM

Please, educate yourself and learn english before shit posting in here, your entire post gave me eyes blindness,
and i am not joking, seriously.
Where are you from? South asia?
Particularly recommend the hardware portfolio only with investments in the medy and long term, another reason to have a portfolio even in the short term is a large number of currencies that you own or intend to buy, in which case having a key practitioner is the best insurance, mining It's the way in the wallets, I recommend it too. In case of no mining, or little quantity do not recommend.

I hope you will forgive me for the bad post, i am German and i have the habit of doing searches on Russian, Japanese, Chinese and French sites and as i am not fluent in these languages, i have the universal translator for everyone and as a consequence i left it connected and ended the post, it became bad Regarding the post's question, briefly, hardware wallet is only feasible for large quantities and mining.
Acguy

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:44:26 AM

The pro is that you don't have to trust anyone as only you hold it, and the con is that you're liable for anything that happens with it but that is the same for crypto currency.

▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
           ▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
ANN Thread     WhitePaper
Facebook     Telegram     Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
blogardianz

Activity: 213
Merit: 11

[ CINDX ] REFORM HOW SELL & BUY CRYPTO

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:03:25 AM

You can get trustable device from their main site or trustable seller.

Pros
Safety
Very handy and support many assets

Cons
Not flexible to liquidate, not suitable for day trader, only for long holder
Limited stock, sometime you need to wait the stocks after purchase.

wiik

Activity: 293
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:51:59 AM

Of course they are very useful ! Specially if you have a huge amount of BTC or fund . They offer the maximum security for your money . They cannot be hacked remotely because all info's are stored in the hardware . Definitely worth every penny , the only downside to this is when you forgot your special codes / key etc. They cannot be retrieved even by the manufacturers . So be careful . Tho i remember that one story i read in in the web about the struggle when he forgot his password . Tho it was recovered , they split the money with the kid who helped him recover it .

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: