Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:44:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the hardware wallet useful?  (Read 396 times)
mmo_online_1981

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:55:49 AM

I know there is a hardware wallet, but are they trustable?
There must be pros and cons, but in general, would you recommend them?
and pls tell me the reasons why !?
Hardwallets are the most secured storage today! Because software may be hack easy by Hacker via internet, Hardwallets not easy!
But you need to safe backup seed!
amaydel

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

DOMINIUM - Decentralised property platform

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 04:46:48 AM

Yes because hardware wallet has advantages over the ones (web wallet) like your keeping your private key information out from the working computer, virus resistant and you always got notified before a transaction (e.g. bitcoin withdrawal) is about to happen. In that way, you're always safe with your funds.

D O M I N I U M      │    PRE-ITO WHITELIST is OPEN   [ REGISTER NOW ]    │        WHITEPAPER 
Decentralised, regulated, property financing, property listing and property management platform
♦     ANN THREAD     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     YOUTUBE     MEDIUM     LINKEDIN     INSTAGRAM     ♦
unsquidly

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:32:05 AM

Of course,hardwallets are the most secured storage for your coins especially for your bitcoins,i have been using these hardwallets for years and i don't encounter any attacks from the hacker because of its security features,and its built-in private keys so you won't be required to put your keys before transacting to any wallet,it is very worthy from a very affordable price.
porfenovich

Activity: 164
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 07:00:25 AM

The solid reputation of hardware wallets as a secure and safe storage for digital currencies
When it comes to storing cryptocurrencies, hardware wallets definitely have the solid reputation - that's for sure.  They promise enhanced security in comparison with software wallets in the case of theft or scams. Still, I've heard of their vulnerability. About these MITM attacks that can be performed on Ledger wallets when users try to generate an address to receive Bitcoins.
Nevertheless, taking into account the fact how frequently exchange based wallets and web-based wallets are getting hacked today, hardware wallets are more safe.
trickyriky

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 04:51:39 PM

As for me hardware wallet is more secure and trustful than online wallet. I am using two such wallets for a long time. For somebodies they are inconvenient. But I use it only for holding my coins and that’s enough.
SW_Lee (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 07:21:05 PM

As for me hardware wallet is more secure and trustful than online wallet. I am using two such wallets for a long time. For somebodies they are inconvenient. But I use it only for holding my coins and that’s enough.

I see, but even you have two hardware wallets, is it able to be recovered if you lose them?
Dvach

Activity: 111
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 07:26:29 PM

I'm planning to do some long-term investments in some ICO's and I have order a hardware wallet. It's the most secure way to store cryptos, and who knows, maybe some tokens I plan to buy will rise in price greatly.
SW_Lee (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 07:41:36 PM

I'm planning to do some long-term investments in some ICO's and I have order a hardware wallet. It's the most secure way to store cryptos, and who knows, maybe some tokens I plan to buy will rise in price greatly.

Haha yeah, you keep them in your wallets and forget them accidentally.
When you have realised that you had them, their price will be high :-)
mariangpalad

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

Protocol and Token to Reinvent Skill Validation

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 07:44:56 PM

Hardwallet posses the most secured features with these cryptocurrency wallets,and yes they are trustable because they are created to be secured and even these producers cant manipulate these wallets.Most of the hardwallets has built in private keys which will give you peace of mind when you are transacting to any wallet exchanges or wallet,because you dont need to input your private keys manually,you just to need use the button in its UI and you are good to go.

faruk34

Activity: 336
Merit: 107

ETH: 0x1C829E7A1b5cA44cc381863e10448504e07f78e9

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 07:52:47 PM

I think it is absolutely necessary if hardware wallets can increase security a little more. At least you stand in your pocket no one can interfere

Nerkata

Activity: 75
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 07:54:03 PM

I see, but even you have two hardware wallets, is it able to be recovered if you lose them?

You can recover your coins on your hardware wallets and even the whole wallet itself by using the recovery seed words. So even if your ledger breaks down you did NOT lose your investment.

●COTI (http://coti.io)●CURRENCY OF THE INTERNET (http://coti.io)●
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: