Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:16:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Life On Bitcoin Couple is Going Around the World  (Read 2244 times)
LifeOnBitcoin (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 11:39:23 PM
Last edit: September 19, 2013, 11:51:03 PM by LifeOnBitcoin

Austin and Beccy Craig, the Utah based newlyweds are going around the world with the film team on bitcoin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMsHpaHP9f0

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks to all who have offered support of every kind for the project. There is a big thank you in the video description. The bitcoin community is awe-inspiring.

Cheers,

Theron H.
LifeOnBitcoin.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
will1982

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 11:52:33 PM

Around the world? Good luck, Bitcoin adoption in other countries may be skimpy. I'm guessing you'll have a hard time in Singapore...
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2013, 01:13:49 AM

Austin and Beccy Craig, the Utah based newlyweds are going around the world with the film team on bitcoin.

Thanks to all who have offered support of every kind for the project. There is a big thank you in the video description. The bitcoin community is awe-inspiring.

Cheers,

Theron H.
LifeOnBitcoin.com
Wow...you guys rock!

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 01:42:22 AM

Around the world? Good luck, Bitcoin adoption in other countries may be skimpy. I'm guessing you'll have a hard time in Singapore...
I am guessing you are from the U.S., and "other countries" means "outside of the U.S."?
Breaking news for you: if you look at the IPs of Bitcoin nodes, and at the number of internet users per country, you will see that there are many places in this world where adoption is higher than in the U.S.
Let me help you (data from few months ago) - number of nodes per 100 000 internet users

1. Finland 3.5
2. Sweden 3.5
3. Norway 2.7
4. Canada 2.5
5. United States 2.2
6. Australia 2.1
7. Iceland 2.0
8. Israel 1.9

Also, coinmap.org

Also, bitcoinglobe.com

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
BitAddict
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 01:59:53 AM

I am guessing you are from the U.S., and "other countries" means "outside of the U.S."?
Breaking news for you: if you look at the IPs of Bitcoin nodes, and at the number of internet users per country, you will see that there are many places in this world where adoption is higher than in the U.S.
Let me help you (data from few months ago) - number of nodes per 100 000 internet users

1. Finland 3.5
2. Sweden 3.5
3. Norway 2.7
4. Canada 2.5
5. United States 2.2
6. Australia 2.1
7. Iceland 2.0
8. Israel 1.9

Also, coinmap.org

Also, bitcoinglobe.com

Sad that in Spain we're still so far. We only have one restaurant in all Madrid that accepts bitcoin Sad
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 04:51:40 AM

very nice.  have fun!
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2013, 05:36:15 AM

Cheers,

Theron H.
LifeOnBitcoin.com

This is terrific news! Beccy and Austin have inspired me to take a similar journey only I'm going to use Goldcoins.

Love the videos and awesome vibes!  Smiley Cheesy Grin Cheesy Smiley

First, a quick aside: Who'll be the first to travel the globe only using alt coins/cryptocurrency? Maybe a slightly easier task, though I'm currently only a Bitcoin guy.

Excellent, excellent video presentation.

<meta name='robots' content='noindex,nofollow' />

Seriously, this is top priority, and in no way this issue shouldn't have been fixed already. This is a disservice to everybody who has donated one satoshi or more toward this noble cause.

FIX IT!

Now, I want to supply that piece of barn to have it carried with them around the world to be signed.

Would they like to be on at least one radio show in Chicago when they pass through this way?
LifeOnBitcoin (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 06:58:01 AM

Cheers,

Theron H.
LifeOnBitcoin.com

This is terrific news! Beccy and Austin have inspired me to take a similar journey only I'm going to use Goldcoins.

First, a quick aside: Who'll be the first to travel the globe only using alt coins/cryptocurrency? Maybe a slightly easier task, though I'm currently only a Bitcoin guy.

Seriously, this is top priority, and in no way this issue shouldn't have been fixed already. This is a disservice to everybody who has donated one satoshi or more toward this noble cause.

FIX IT!

Now, I want to supply that piece of barn to have it carried with them around the world to be signed.

Would they like to be on at least one radio show in Chicago when they pass through this way?

Okay, I just left a screaming message for the developer to GET THIS FIXED. I wish I knew how to do it myself. I'll report back in the morning. Yes, we want to be on a radio show! Which one and how?

Theron H.
hashman
Legendary

Activity: 1264
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 07:24:40 AM

Hmm..
Going to "live on money" for 90 days? 

Forgive me for not wanting to to donate. 

Raphael Fellmer and Daniel Suelo will not be impressed.

LifeOnBitcoin (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 07:50:43 AM

Hmm..
Going to "live on money" for 90 days?  

Forgive me for not wanting to to donate.  

Raphael Fellmer and Daniel Suelo will not be impressed.

Austin and Beccy are already doing it. The project has been going now for more than 50 days. They have used only btc for their everyday expenses like rent, groceries, gasoline, exercise facilities, lessons, farmers markets, and other stuff since July 23rd. (They have to pay taxes, credit card bills, and student loan debt with US dollars and that was originally outlined in the rules.) They have used about 33 businesses, for their needs and wants, and with about 2/3rds of those businesses, they persuaded them to accept btc.

Thanks for tipping me off to Fellmer and Suelo. They both look like fascinating characters, and it looks like Suelo lives in Moab, Utah - not too far from us. Maybe we can connect. I'll have to see if I can find some video content for rent or online, and see how the stories are built.

I appreciate the feedback.

Cheers,
Theron H.
SPC_Bitcoin

Activity: 112

Coffee makes it all better!

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 08:18:46 AM

I love the experiment.... I saw some of their "honemoon on bitcoin" vids, ha ha, editing out the klunky part of living on bitcoin.

Happy Trails!

NEVER GOT PAID.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 08:54:21 AM

This is something to applaud.  Smiley

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 11:56:27 AM

Wow, that's success, lots of bitcoins raised! I guess kncminer already provided you lodging Cheesy

marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 02:25:28 PM

That would be awesome! Have fun!
The Bitcoin Catalog

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

The Bitcoin Catalog ---> Get Started!

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2013, 02:31:11 PM

You guys are doing a great job. I'm sure this documentary will have a great impact on bitcoin general acceptance.

The Bitcoin Catalog: Second edition coming out in November! Click here for a  FREE pdf catalog!
Follow us on twitter! @BTCcatalog
didjaydisteele

Activity: 96

All For Bitcoin!

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 05:01:40 PM

Great job!
LifeOnBitcoin (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 05:42:11 PM

Cheers,

Theron H.
LifeOnBitcoin.com

FIX IT!

Okay, I just left a screaming message for the developer to GET THIS FIXED. I wish I knew how to do it myself. I'll report back in the morning. Yes, we want to be on a radio show! Which one and how?

Theron H.

Okay, Connor said he fixed this, so the website should be able to index properly. Do you have a contact for a radio show?

Thanks for your support!

Theron H.
World

Activity: 743
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 08:23:32 PM

Excellent idea and have fun in Sweden. btw: it is a very nice country
Maybe this map will help you t.c. http://coinmap.org

Supporting people with beautiful creative ideas. Bitcoin is because of the developers,exchanges,merchants,miners,investors,users,machines and blockchain technologies work together.
The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2013, 12:04:17 AM

Are you gonna visit Vancouver? We've got plenty of Bitcoin venues you can use. I've been planning to get off fiat soon, myself. Maybe you can come to one of our events!

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS
RAVENCROW

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2013, 12:14:38 AM

Awesome job come to bc! Got a winery in Kelowna that accepts btc Smiley

฿Allaboutbit ฿฿Cludcoin ฿[/color]
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: