Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:51:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think about airdrop that required apps install?  (Read 672 times)
The Cryptologist

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 06:17:20 AM

Don't install the apps/executables if you don't trust the publisher/source. It's not worth the airdrop token if your system is hacked or damaged.

It's a 50/50 chance that what they have downloaded have been injected by malware and can only get activated if they run it. It can also be the infamous bitcoin ransomware. Be very vigilant as always guys.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Angle22

Activity: 121
Merit: 16

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 08:56:42 AM

if according to install me the airdrop application may be shorter or faster
denyfirmasyahputra

Activity: 156
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 09:06:07 AM

Of course it is very risky, I have long joined Airdrop but if there is airdrop that told me to download an application then I will not continue,
^BuTcH^

Activity: 671
Merit: 103

Moni

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2018, 09:29:25 AM

Well, I remember AIX airdrop, they also wanted  participant to install application and airdrop worth like 500$ on a pick point. But in general I am against installs because it is possible to crypt stiller inside application and your data can be leaked. Think twice prior to download something

teeshe

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2018, 10:41:22 AM

I found a project offering an airdrop but required participants to download and install their mobile app. The app is newly made with only few hundreds download and I don't think I'll ever use it.

Is it too risky?

I agree that there are a lot of scam apps out there offering airdrops with the intent of stealing user information.  But I still think there are also legitimate projects that offer app downloads for airdrops as it may be a boost for the project in their drive towards mass adoption.
miw1991

Activity: 90

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2018, 12:29:44 PM

Before installing the application, you need to make sure of the transparency and professionalism of the project, this can be done with the help of information resources. On such platforms, experts disassemble the projects into components and make their assessment to the project, this is  rating that can help you decide whether to use  application on a smartphone from this project or not
Cagan

Activity: 308
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 12:42:49 PM

99% of apps that tell you to give mining and tokens first in the app store are not fake if you do not give specific information about the application you downloaded and fake, but you can not get results. your use will be just a waste of time. I do not recommend using it. Try it and see the result.
bitc0000

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 02:42:25 PM

Should not participate in such Airdrop. Maybe your computer will be hacked and your tokens will be hacked. Just join the airdrop to request social networking sites and provide wallet address. Do not download anything about your personal computer

pri3oner

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 03:18:48 PM

U understand the reasons for asking u to install software, aight? I dont participate in that kinda projects, fortunately or not.

███████████   ███   ████     Ever wish you could turn back time to when BTC was $1?     ████   ███   ███████████
B I T G E S E L L          Decentralized Cryptocurrency
██               ████████     •    Telegram    •    Twitter    •    Discord    •    Thread    •     ████████               ██
hokyman

Activity: 230
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 03:28:53 PM

I think it is very common because the purpose of an airdrop project is to promote the project, so it will increase the number of communities. Grin
monkito

Activity: 72

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 03:39:12 PM

I joined one of them is Nuo app, install and share to get nuocoin. But then, it does not have much value to me. It seems they developed and ran this airdrop campaign under the purpose of testing their product and beta.
Jaycee99

Activity: 1036
Merit: 273

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 04:25:27 PM

I found a project offering an airdrop but required participants to download and install their mobile app. The app is newly made with only few hundreds download and I don't think I'll ever use it.

Is it too risky?

As for my findings and opinion in this situation maybe a way to hack or a legit one or to 2 many reasons. Why?
Maybe this are...
1. The ICO of your airdrop created an app so the increase of number of downloaders will get the numbers up.
2. So therefore this app of the ICO will be endorce as one of the highest downloders in the app so people other not from airdrop participants may try it. For the reason they saw this app many downloaded it.

LASTLY YES

3. It can be a possible way to hack and may direct you in a phishing site.
palle11

Activity: 2310
Merit: 332

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 05:00:33 PM

Is it too risky?

For me, if airdrop does not go in line with the way that is already known or makes it simple but rather starts introducing new and difficult parts to it, I just drop the idea. After the whole thing, it might not be a guarantee the coin will do well.
jopchekos

Activity: 88

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 05:05:44 PM

I participated in 20 such airdrops and I will say that there are no risks!
shinas

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 05:36:25 PM

Basically I do not participate in any airdrops. It's better to focus on the bounties and earn a little more. And sometimes much more  Cheesy
cryptolord5

Activity: 159

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 05:43:04 PM

Is it too risky?

installing app's are other new methods of hacking someone.. moreover the will have full access to your phone true that app. anything you install on your phone or saving in your phone will be automatically be remote by them so i suggest you don't download such app to avoid loose of BVN, ATM pin etc...

thank you run for your dear life.
leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 06:06:07 PM

It is all right. For me, I would not mind to download and install an app if I can use it or if I want to use it. Of course, it has to verified by Google Play or Apple Store, and then it must not seek to use all my personal information. If that is all the app requires, why not? Companies are free to offer free tokens for small actions that also increase adoption of their technology. That is not exactly an airdrop, although yes?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
eagleman

Activity: 1190
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 06:07:17 PM

This is why I'm sick of joining airdrops especially when they are requiring such thing like installing an app or sending them an exact amount for you to be eligible of their airdrop.

I won't download an app that can be a reason for my funds to be gone or someone can penetrate to my computer.

It's better to safe rather than regret and lost a lot of things and important files just for these airdrops.
beurk

Activity: 153
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 06:12:27 PM

I really am not fond of installing any apps (whatever they are, wallet or else) for any airdrops.
First reason is security, already explained here by other fellow members,
Second reason, and as I faced it, installing any wallet, receiving any token, annnnd, ended up with a wallet with some coins in it and impossible to withdraw them because of insufficient funds of the main wallet currency.
For those reasons, I avoid airdrops that ask to install anything.
cryptowonders@20

Activity: 142

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 06:37:25 PM

Is it too risky?

i don't have interest such project because most of the project that requires App's are not good. although some airdrops are also good but those good once can not give you reasonable and exchangeable token.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: