Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 04:28:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: is ETH 'too big to fail'?  (Read 583 times)
SunJAB

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:31:17 PM

Yes, I think so. ETH is indeed a strong coin on the cryptocurrency market through blockchain technology. This is a potential coin and powerful force. ETH is used by many people and invested in it to find a profit. Regardless of the market, ETH remains the safest coin and the least risky. I'm sure it is.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
pigheadbig

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:40:24 PM

I read somewhere that there are more than 10% of circulating supply are controlled by the ICO dev teams, it seems many of them are selling these ETH to get reward. So I think the price of ETH will not be very high unless they stop doing that.
jashley

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:36:46 PM

Ethereum is big, because it contributes around 20% to the entire cryptocurrency under circulation. Another thing, with ETH as the base lot of other tokens too have gained good popularity as well growth. In this context Eth could grow rather than a fail.

Yes you are right with that one because ETH is so fundamentally good to fail like other altcoins out there right now I think the market is starting to bull but I hope it is not bulltrap if this bullish is really true we will see ETH will set it's new ATH.

GLOBAL CRYPTO OFFERING EXCHANGE                               
RISE ABOVE!   WHERE POPULARITY IS IMMORTALIZED
╚               ▶ Twitter         ▶ Facebook         ▶ Youtube         ▶ WHhitepaper               ╝
daxiake

Activity: 688
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 04:20:06 PM

Ethereum came out to address problems of the first-generation blockchain by introducing the innovative concept like the smart contracts and soon became first choice blockchain for ICO's.
If BTC is value over the blockchain then ethereum is like relationships over the blockchain. It a platform that has all the spark to beat BTC.
blumkinnn

Activity: 238

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 06:36:05 PM

Yes. I believe it is too big to fail. It has solid foundations and countless new projects growing on top of it. It might go down but won't fail.
Yes, from a reduction in the price, no one is immune. But the Etherium is already a very large crypto currency, which legally takes the second method, after Bitcoin. I do not think that this coin can disappear without a trace.

LEINADbtc

Activity: 240

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 06:50:52 PM

I believe that's correct.
Although anything can happen to be honest. If everything just gets washed up, ETH will too.
But I doubt it will ever happen lol

——< Datecoin | The fastest successful match. The hottest ICO ever. >——
ANN | Medium | Twitter Facebook | LinkdedIn | Telegram
Bencus

Activity: 265
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 07:09:57 PM

Almost nothing is too big to fail, and Crypto is not an exception. Eth is not too big to fail for sure.
But it gains value from the network it created, and is significantly expanding. So i's say it will only fail, if it will stay the same for ever.
kingzpro

Activity: 756
Merit: 13

DIFX - Digital Finacial Exchange

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 07:29:01 PM

Eth is here to stay alongwith btc, do not worry about the price at the moment, if you are a real supporter of eth platform, also current fall was due to overall market correction, im sure we will have good times ahead.

WorldBiz project

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 07:55:16 AM

No, it’s still very turbulent market and even ETH can drop
LaLegiste

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 03:01:26 PM

The announced adoption of ERC-20 tokens by Coinbase is a good support for ETH after the wave of ICO ads bans. Anyway half of Coinmarketcap's top 100 are ERC-20 tokens and too big part of ICOs runs on ETH platform, so i think ETH is really too big to fail now.

European Central Bank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 03:32:30 PM

The announced adoption of ERC-20 tokens by Coinbase is a good support for ETH after the wave of ICO ads bans. Anyway half of Coinmarketcap's top 100 are ERC-20 tokens and too big part of ICOs runs on ETH platform, so i think ETH is really too big to fail now.

The vast majority of those tokens are worthless and are gonna get slaughtered in the coming rout.

I wouldn't class them as an aid to ethereum's value going forward. Great demonstration, terrible 'investment'.

The main thing we're gonna take away from this in the aftermath is how it was even more empty a pump than 2013 was which is really saying something.
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 05:33:23 PM

The vast majority of those tokens are worthless and are gonna get slaughtered in the coming rout.

I wouldn't class them as an aid to ethereum's value going forward. Great demonstration, terrible 'investment'.

The main thing we're gonna take away from this in the aftermath is how it was even more empty a pump than 2013 was which is really saying something.
In the end when most of ICO tokens will start to crumble, and they will, the whole Ethereum ecosystem will be shaken but, on the long run, the Ico debacle will turn into a positive thing. Still waiting to see what Eth real value is
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 05:54:33 PM

There are few people only saying that time bump will not be live longer in the market and consider like 2013 dump bro.

Since those useless project in the market we will not be able to find the right project which has the potential to bump.

I expect the ethereum will be go back to its peak value buddy. No need of fear for the cheap dump move done by the whales.
prabakharras

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 06:02:49 PM

Look at the success of kitties
Obviously there is potential
https://www.coingecko.com/en/price_charts/ethereum/usd

hdclover

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

www.bitcoin.org

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 07:11:12 PM

Look at the success of kitties
Obviously there is potential
https://www.coingecko.com/en/price_charts/ethereum/usd
The problem here is ETHEREUM is not effectively used to build Dapps on it's platform instead people are using it as an ICO raising coin. This is actually bad for Ethereum because ICO owners won't care anything about ETH, they just need $$$ in their account. For this reason they dump their ETH holdings.

Blah blah
Pom_bensin

Activity: 812
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 08:04:35 PM

bitcoin's value is based on its monetary properties and less on its technical qualities. as long as it functions as advertised then 'good enough' is a powerful incentive to keep refining it. it only has one job to do.

ethereum is of course huge too, but its fundamental value proposition is utility. it's effectively a software platform, not money.

since that's the case then is the case for it being usurped by something that does the job better higher than bitcoin?

if something that doesn't require learning a new language, is much more foolproof, that addresses scaling and blockchain bloat comes along with enough oomph does it have a shot at unseating ETH or is everyone now incentivised enough to make ethereum the one?

personally i don't think ethereum's future in fully in the bag and people are learning more and more every day. what do you think?
I also think that ETH can not fail. Because if it would fail this would mean that all ETH based projects will die. This would be end of crypto. Cheesy
it can be a big problem if the eth fails, but I will not be sure if eth fails. eth can be a good bitcoin companion coin in cryptocurrency and have a nice future for price and sales
sedou

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 08:06:35 PM

I believe has to introduce some sort of fee like 5k to be able to have ICO because there are too many scams going on that just cash out instantly.
olumyd

Activity: 658
Merit: 117

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 08:11:41 PM

Eth is too big to fall until other projects begin to switch to new smart contract based blockchain like ADA or WAVES and NEO to host their projects.
svojoe
Legendary

Activity: 968
Merit: 1000

einc.io

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 09:19:22 PM

I believe that the fall of ETH is a temporary phenomenon. This coin is very strong and in demand for ICOs. The growth of the market will bring a very large increase to this coin. We have to wait until the market is restored.

seymenyunus16

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 09:43:55 PM

This is only market cycle. Just relax and look the Big movement of btc. Similar movements all the time. I think ETH is pretty similar to BTC. Both are big and their names advertise themselves. If there will be something better than ethereum (it already exists, but much more less popular) than ethereum team will just adapt and upgrade their project.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: