Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:08:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CRYPTO IS IN AFRICA TO STAY  (Read 22251 times)
Rhinoboy11 (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 08:11:46 PM
Last edit: May 24, 2018, 08:45:35 AM by Rhinoboy11

The Kenyan Government (to the blondes - Kenya is a country in Africa) is planning to build a blockchain to support digitalization of their services especially the land registry and other ministries.

It must be hard for some countries to see that they are banning crypto and some African ones are opening to adopt for the future lies in the crypto and blockchain technologies

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mickymax777

Activity: 96
Merit: 11

Cryptologist

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:09:46 AM

Image the impact if a country's president understand and support Bitcoin and encourage the country's citizens to invest in Bitcoin. The country will be sooooo prosperous in a few years, no shortage of anything and no debt.

Damn that will be a wonderful place to stay. 
Subal_Damudar

Activity: 90
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:57:48 PM

The Kenyan Government (to the blondes, Kenya is a country in Africa)is planning to build a blockchain to support digitalization of their services.
It must be hard for some country to see that they are banning crypto and some African countries are opening to adopting for the future

Kenya is one of the most corrupt places in Africa, if not the whole Solar system. Bitcoin in Kenya = Blindfolded Money laundering.
Nkan25

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 06:11:21 AM

Countries that open up their economies to blockchain and crypto will continue to gain. In the US, I've seen Vermont, California, Wyoming, and Florida pass laws to try and attract blockchain technologies.

I think its good that Kenya is opening up their country to it because they play important role in their region, but African countries like South Africa and those up North would be even bigger new.
stantpro

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 06:51:53 AM

This is acceptance of change.It is always wise for any government to foresee the future
and take a chance where necessary to leverage on the opportunities.Kenyan government
has shown this commendable feat having seen the future of crypto currencies.It is a very
welcomed development as this shall encourage kenyans to join the league of crypto currency
transactions to maximize profit.
BitindaHouse

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:32:08 PM

The Kenyan Government (to the blondes, Kenya is a country in Africa)is planning to build a blockchain to support digitalization of their services.
It must be hard for some country to see that they are banning crypto and some African countries are opening to adopting for the future

I think they do not need bitcoin, basically it is used for an illegal market, while in Kenya it is so good for him to live, except for raising the economy of the country and the ratings of the president)
pokermaniacxxx

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:14:34 PM

Guys living in Africe, I wonder whether crypto really solves the problems. I mean, if you wanna buy something tangible, like some food or clothes, but there're problems, does crypto work?
Rhinoboy11 (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 06:33:49 PM

Kenya is one of the most corrupt places in Africa, if not the whole Solar system. Bitcoin in Kenya = Blindfolded Money laundering.

Is it? Where have you stayed in Kenya to make this conclusion? how many other countries have you visited to come out with such a bold statement about my mother land?
i will just hope you are not sudanese.
Rhinoboy11 (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 06:36:37 PM

Guys living in Africe, I wonder whether crypto really solves the problems. I mean, if you wanna buy something tangible, like some food or clothes, but there're problems, does crypto work?

Wow! So how is this different from where you are from?
Do you go to your local store to buy food with bitcoin?
In short this was a very ignorant and lame question that does not need an answer.

Kenya has a digitalized government services and everything is now done online so this is a huge advancement to their vision 2030
Rhinoboy11 (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 06:38:10 PM

And Kenya is a country and Africa a continent. Some of the African countries are as rich as any first world in resources
kevoh

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 08:32:13 PM

I think they do not need bitcoin
basically it is used for an illegal market, while in Kenya it is so good for him to live, except for raising the economy of the country and the ratings of the president)
The op is talking about adoption of blockchain tech by the Kenyan govt for digitization of its services and not Bitcoin. They are two different things.

The remaining part of your post is tough to comprehend.
stantpro

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 06:33:04 PM

Venezuela has already built and owned its government's crypto currency.
If as a pilot test this works.You may hear that other governments as Iran, lebanon,
libya and other countries may adopt the same project.In Africa, most of the populace
want crypto currency so as to measure up with the rest of the world as their
governments are not willing to develop their infrastructures and many lack employment
and all.Therefore, I see a future where africans accept the digital economic world as to
move forward.The better part is that is is a decentralized technology.
Rhinoboy11 (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:51:31 AM

Venezuela has already built and owned its government's crypto currency.
If as a pilot test this works.You may hear that other governments as Iran, lebanon,
libya and other countries may adopt the same project.In Africa, most of the populace
want crypto currency so as to measure up with the rest of the world as their
governments are not willing to develop their infrastructures and many lack employment
and all.Therefore, I see a future where africans accept the digital economic world as to
move forward.The better part is that is is a decentralized technology.

You don't know anything about Africa.
Kenyans store money in their phones using a technology they started there years ago and now being adopted in the first world. read about the M-PESA

Secondly, Everything in kenya is digitized. The government offer all their services online.

thirdly, the Kenyan government give free laptop to kids when they join Grade 1. Unheard of anywhere in the first world.
Please stop your ignorance and educate yourself.
atamism

Activity: 463

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:15:08 PM

Yes.I think so. I have joined an ICO that offers services in Africa. For some reason, bitcoin is also famous in that part of the world. I don't believe it at first because there are a lot of poor people in Africa and I was thinking they can't afford to invest on ICO's.They proved me wrong. The ICO was successful but until now the payment was not sent yet
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:28:56 PM

I am not really surprised by this move by the Kenyan government. Over the last two decades, Kenya have been at the forefront of industrialization and new technology acceptance and implementation. Most tech now reaching other African countries where first of all tried and tested in Kenya, because they were willing, and as a result, you have more foreign investors starting out there, because of the "ease" to set up and take the risk of something new. I wouldn't surprised if the Rwandan government is next on this. The too are beginning to be early adopters of the tech revolution. 
Bagaji

Activity: 1330
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 02:59:47 PM

It a good development to see Kenyan adopting blockchian technology and to the African continent at large despite the fact that some of the acclaimed first world countries are busy banning blockchian technology related activities.
mickymax777

Activity: 96

Cryptologist

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 05:14:16 AM

Is it? Where have you stayed in Kenya to make this conclusion? how many other countries have you visited to come out with such a bold statement about my mother land?
i will just hope you are not sudanese.

I think African countries compete to see who can have the highest levels of corruption, bribery and wasteful expenditure. Which country in Africa has the most transparent, best run government funds that severe  / support the people and create an environment for business to grow???

I rest my case. Do you trust the corrupt governments or code???
atamism

Activity: 463

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:36:35 AM

I hope that they will stay. I have joined an ICO who fails in other country and they transferred to Africa where they will have 40 million possible clients. The market is huge - no wonder crypto wants to start a program there. It may take a while for them to develop but when all is well. It will be another big step for the crypto world.  I heard that there are a lot of services online, almost all of them. Crypto will definitely be a HIT.
minthit

Activity: 325

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 01:44:30 AM

If you have to pick side, between developed country and developing country, which side will you stay? Which side general population will stay? It's more intriguing when a country like USA banned crypto and Kenya is accepting it. I think on the surface, this might be a good news. I'm sure there will be power play with crypto sooner or later.
lili song

Activity: 980
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:59:49 AM

I hope this news will be implement in the future, many country also support crypto for their country to support their business.
I really hope Kenya will development crypto soonest and others country will excited develop cryto for their country.
I see many big company development crypto for their business to improve their services.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: