Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:50:55 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔥[ANN][ICO] Baltic Fund -INVEST IN PROMISING CEE & CIS STARTUPS AND ECOSYSTEM🔥  (Read 2589 times)
vasilyberdman (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 07:27:58 PM

Good afternoon. Why are you focused on start-ups exactly? Perhaps you should pay attention to the enterprises which experience financial problems?

Hi, firstly, we've been a startup accelerator since 2015 and here is where we have an expertise, community, partners, success stories and so on. Also, I believe there are many financial projects nowadays that are focused on loans/financial help for the enterprises, but I haven't yet seen the product where every ecosystem participant has an opportunity to be involved in the growth of a potential unicorn and get rewarded for it.     
rdizza

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 07:44:00 PM

Perhaps you should consider establishing in one more country? The conditions in Southeast Asia seem to me extremely attractive.
vasilyberdman (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 07:47:54 PM

Perhaps you should consider establishing in one more country? The conditions in Southeast Asia seem to me extremely attractive.

We are thinking about establishing in several more countries, but as a first step, we consider UK, Germany, and Nordics.
South East Asia is definitely attractive and we are actively making new partnerships now in this region, however, we are not really familiar with it yet, so it's a bit early for us to go there.

Are you familiar with this region?
waitsummer

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 08:15:07 PM

Hey. I’ve heard that in most countries of European Union are extremely high. Wont it interfere with development of the project?
vasilyberdman (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 08:21:14 PM

Hey. I’ve heard that in most countries of European Union are extremely high. Wont it interfere with development of the project?

Sorry, I didn't quite get it. What is extremely high?
asyaSh

Activity: 31

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 08:23:11 PM

We are thinking about establishing in several more countries, but as a first step, we consider UK, Germany, and Nordics.
South East Asia is definitely attractive and we are actively making new partnerships now in this region, however, we are not really familiar with it yet, so it's a bit early for us to go there.

Are you planning to come to Russia?
vasilyberdman (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 08:27:39 PM

Are you planning to come to Russia?

Not really. There are too much legal and political problems, so it doesn't look safe for our investors.
However, we are aware that there are a lot of Russian talented startups and if they want to expand to EU and USA market, we are happy to offer them this opportunity: we relocate them to Lithuania under Startup Visa Program, incorporate them here, accelerate them, help them with the development in other markets, and invest in them.
woodcoin

Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 08:45:06 PM

Regardless to the fact that many citizens of CIS countries speak the same language, they have cultural differences, and these differences are considerable. Do you take it into account?
vasilyberdman (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 09:10:55 PM

Regardless to the fact that many citizens of CIS countries speak the same language, they have cultural differences, and these differences are considerable. Do you take it into account?

It would be really interesting to know how this question came up to you Smiley

Well, we do and we don't. When we do the startup scouting, we definitely keep in mind the cultural differences, however, when we pre-select the teams to join our accelerator, judge the pitching sessions, and interview startups – our main concern is how open-minded and multicultural the team members are. We want our startups to join the global market and to become the market leaders, which means that they have to be able to quickly integrate into different cultures.

By now we have startups from 7 or 8 different countries in our accelerator, and I believe, that one of the main advantages of these teams and its members is an ability to learn from others and to cooperate, despite the cultural differences.
bars_kz

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 09:16:06 PM

Good afternoon.  Investors haven’t paid attention to small cities for a long time not unreasonable, right? Perhaps the start-ups are not so profitable there? 
asyaSh

Activity: 31

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 09:18:52 PM

If I have a startup in Russia how can I join to you?
vasilyberdman (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 09:28:05 PM

Good afternoon.  Investors haven’t paid attention to small cities for a long time not unreasonable, right? Perhaps the start-ups are not so profitable there? 

Well, interesting question, it depends what country you are talking about and what types of startups are there. First of all, you are right, there are more opportunities for startups in big cities: community, events, accelerators, mentors, etc. However, I can name several examples, when a startup from relatively small town became a global leader (check Ultimate guitar from Kaliningrad, Russia) and, also, when a small city started to develop infrastructure for startups and talents and became a local startup hub (check Tartu in Estonia).

I believe, what really matters, is not the town, where the startup was born, but the team and idea. But startups that are launched in bigger cities have more competitive advantages from the very beginning.

Partly, our platform will solve this problem for startups from small cities: they will be offered an online acceleration, which means that they will have nearly the same opportunities like startups from big cities, but online: mentorship, community, acceleration programs, access to funding.
vasilyberdman (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 09:35:14 PM

If I have a startup in Russia how can I join to you?

It depends, what exactly would you like to join: our startup accelerator or our platform.
When it comes to our accelerator, go to https://www.bhv.lt/en/ and check the information for startups. There is quite a detailed description of what we expect from startups that join us. If you feel, that we are a match, fill in the form below and our startup manager will schedule an introduction call with you. Be ready to pitch your product Smiley
When it comes to platform, you have to wait a bit until we launch it, it will happen in May-June (the first version of the platform).
robinzzon

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 09:50:51 PM

In some CIS countries promising young people are used as cheap labor power  for companies from USA and Europe. Will this change due to Baltic Fund?
vasilyberdman (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 12:48:41 AM

In some CIS countries promising young people are used as cheap labor power  for companies from USA and Europe. Will this change due to Baltic Fund?

It depends on what exactly do you mean. As far as I know, IT-talents from CIS can build a pretty good career in EU and USA. For sure we will offer additional opportunities for talented startup teams from this region, as well as IT talents, willing to become a part of EU startup ecosystem. But I believe, that what you are talking about is already in the past and the situation will only improve.
leholmes12

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 06:15:33 AM

Hello. Many citizens of the region speak Russian. Don’t u think that such limitation will lead to slowing down of interaction with investors?
CAraBuss

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 06:19:46 AM

Hello. Many citizens of the region speak Russian. Don’t u think that such limitation will lead to slowing down of interaction with investors?
Itsnt it an advantage that all the team members are speaking the same language?
leholmes12

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 06:30:25 AM

I’m afraid that 95% of investors don’t speak Russian and this creates some language barrier.
CAraBuss

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 06:37:02 AM

I’m afraid that 95% of investors don’t speak Russian and this creates some language barrier.
You’ll be surprised, but most people in Baltic countries speak English, especially the youth.
leholmes12

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 06:45:02 AM

You’ll be surprised, but most people in Baltic countries speak English, especially the youth.
Great. This is quite important aspect of development of international cooperation and implementation of new technologies.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: