Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:59:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Eth founder says crypto could go to zero anytime  (Read 715 times)
timikulit

Activity: 196
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:50:40 AM

Just like mentioned above its only possibilities and this comment of ETH founder Vitalik Buterin is not a wakeup call instead a reminder for all.

Lets look FIAT. Fiat is only a printed paper with no value. The government put value on it for you to buy and sell goods and for them to control the inflation and the people spending it. If a world war broke, fiat currency will be useless while gold and bitcoin will become more worthy.

Boriss

Activity: 728
Merit: 115

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 07:52:48 AM

i think Vitalik is trying to justify the fact that Ethereum has been getting dumped hard in the past couple of months and could not recover its price despite all the hype and advertisement they have been doing for it. and each time they pump it again over $1000 it again gets dumped back below it to $800-$900 and no matter how much their pumping team tries they can not achieve the ATH anymore because of the high sell pressure.

he doesn't  care about ETH or any other cryptocurrency anyways. i think he has proven that when he became a millionaire overnight and sold some of his premined coins. his involvement and relationship with banks also proves this.

Very little people are doing crypto because of their believes, they are here for the money.
If the risk are high so are the percentage of profit but also percentage of lose.

He is saying all the stuff we already knew but he is saying it out loud.

IF all this bring us some new era for new technology that's great but to make an omelet you need to brake some eggs, lots and lots of people will lose their money in crypto. Some will lose only small percentage and some will ruin their lives investing all they have.

You know what is called when you put all your money on something and hope to win? Gamble

gowron24

Activity: 90
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:57:15 AM

It is good that the founders say it (Litecoin's Charlie Lee also) as they curb the passions of the silly investors who dont know better - that is a sign of integrity. But for people who know a bit where to park their capital,  it seems that the amrket is still safe as it ever was...
Matrond

Activity: 58
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:58:34 AM

Yeah I definitely agree with the Eth Founder. He's only being realistic in a very direct way.
yslyv

Activity: 1008
Merit: 533

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:04:18 AM

it is something like confessing sins. What is the meaning of repeating the things that everybody knows already?  Is there anybody who sells their cryptocurrencies because of vitalik's comments?  It is totally meaningless..

turn the page
_yoshi

Activity: 280
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:27:36 AM

Its possible. It does not have to be. But the founder of Ethereum is just a honest and realistic guy, who dont want to fleece somebody. Its the same with the stock market. It can crash everything down to 0. You always have to remember that. Cryptos are highly speculative businesses. So if you invest your money, you have no guarantee that you ever will see it again.
Bacotan Bae

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:02:58 AM

What the ETH founder said is true, decentralization never ensures lasting, as long as there are users who want to use it will all get better but there are times when all users go and sell so it will make cryptocurrency worthless.

Philanthor.com

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❤ ❤ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❤ ❤ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❤ ❤ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❤ ❤ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

TOKEN SALE IS LIVE
JOIN NOW
heritage35

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:18:04 AM

This is never a new thing, whatever has a beginning, will surely have an ending. Even lives will one day end. The world might also end at anytime. Therefore, if Vitalik makes this statement, he is only reminding people and everyone of what they already know. Life is all about risk, so risk what you can afford to loose. Whoever wants to make it big should not also be afraid to loose.
mx667

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:24:00 AM

What the ETH founder said is true, decentralization never ensures lasting, as long as there are users who want to use it will all get better but there are times when all users go and sell so it will make cryptocurrency worthless.
And I will say, the world will end at anytime, but of course all of us want to believe that the world will last forever right ? Do not worry, at the very beginning we must know that crypto investment is risky after all. The price of any crypto can go down and up at anytime, but we still invest. We do not know how long Bitcoin will recover and get back up again, but we still do trading and hope for the best. It is very normal to be afraid and having some doubts at what we love and what we believe. But that does not mean that it is a bad thing. We can learn from this forum and ask.
CHENIEN

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:29:45 AM

This is only a speculation and prediction about crypto, everybody knows that we are free to share statement eitheir negative or positive about crypto, although crypto is not actually a legal business and it can be off at anytime if the creator wants to stop the operation. But the momentum of crypto are already in top line business in the world and a lot of investor who actually trust and invested enough capital. So it is impossible that crypto will down to zero value.

iBid    ▐    Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain   (❪  ► About us   ► Telegram  ❫)
◾ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬            AN  AUCTION    ❱    All auctions start at    $0
[   ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store   ]  ██ SIGN UP ██  ❱   with no minimum reserve
MartoValenti

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:33:25 AM

Yeah, it is possible that crypto go to zero, but for now, the most probable scenario is that there will be 12 zeros, after "1" of the coin market cap. What I mean is that at the current situation the crypto market will probably go to 1 trillion rather than to go to 0. The prices are jumping once again and from a lot of places I read that the common believe is that the btc will make another race to 20 k...
crimsongoth

Activity: 588
Merit: 18

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 11:25:28 AM

I think Buterin is partial right. At any time, the entire value of Ethereum can be reset suddenly. In the end, there is such a risk of decentralization. According to this, I think that investors must be very careful and prepared for such a event.
matanco

Activity: 26

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 11:28:26 AM

These are the infancy of crypto economy,
there is no chance it will go zero because there is a strong base of believers and HODLers.

but it can go really low, and it will,
the shitcoin bubble hasn't burst yet.

but the burst will do only good to the idea itself, just like the burst of dotcom bubble
Pvt-snafu

Activity: 98
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:29:54 AM

And I agree with you. The platform that is built for having profit/outcome won't last for long enough to even be mentioned.

However, I do not fully agree with this part "It's not a doom and gloom forecast it's just a realization" I would say that BTC can go down to 3-4k in the blink of the eye, thus all cryptocurrency will go down lower than 80% compared with how it is now.
treejay

Activity: 377
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:39:39 AM

How are traditional assets the safest bet? We live in the most volatile time in history and also it is such a pain to trade stocks and other financial instruments. Crypto is the answer to the maladies of the current system. You just need to do your homework before you invest.
Lukan

Activity: 33

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:49:44 AM

Vita is just realistic and he cool down people that are rushing for big bucks.
We all take some risks, because of good rewarding, even higher than we should, but there is a limit.
Check 3 times, secure 5 times and always doubt.
hamster fat

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

simply getting the job done

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 12:07:43 PM

Vitalik's statements are of course important, but the price of coins is formed by the market, not by the founders.
Buyers and sellers on the exchange determine the price of coins.

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                                                                   
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                     
                                                           ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
winspiral
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026

Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 12:12:51 PM

Every one could say this...he takes no risk with this...
I say:crypto could go to 0.00000000000001 so I will certainly be right before this great founder.

kier010

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 12:31:38 PM

he have some point but only those failed projects or ICOs will go zero anytime. you just have to remember that to not put all your money in investing so that you won't cry later. investing in crypto is always risky all the time so be responsible to what you will be doing.
Sundark

Activity: 560
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 12:34:15 PM

I'm exactly agree with his statement about "Don't put in more money than you can afford to lose". A lots of ppl think that they will invest all their money now and will receive 10 times more. But  they remain bankrupt in the end and blame the crypto currency.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: