Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:59:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do if you lose $2,000 in trading?  (Read 13133 times)
Bittrac67all

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 09:04:22 AM

gather your spirits and move on. but you got a good experience and will not allow such errors in future .the experience is worth the money

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Aikidoka

Activity: 1078
Merit: 342

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 09:06:12 AM

You remind me of this following statement "If you failed, mourn your disappointment, dust your desire, and then start afresh." Many people have lost hope because they lost from their first time. They are easily to give up. They do not know that trading requires patience and failure. You cannot move forward without failing. Your cells die everyday. Yet, it regenerates itself again. You should not give because you already have learned something from your previous failure.
summit26

Activity: 163
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 09:13:27 AM

What will I do if I lose $2000 dollars?, First is to analyze why I lose that amount on trading, so that I will never do the same again. Then put up a good strategy that will makes my trading become successful. I need to be prepared before going to trading such as background study on the investments I choose then ask some advises from those people who had better experience.

• ✦ ALPHATECA ✦ •alphateca.com
ICO ► 07/01 - 08/01 ► ico.alphateca.com
Emilyearl

Activity: 700
Merit: 105

APESWAP

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 10:06:36 AM

Thanks a lot. These are the necessary things to do upon losing money in trading and in any business at large. Analysing why it happened and working on measures to stop that same loss from happening in the future saves one. But blaming it on others and quitti7kills ones account and self esteem.
Adio

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 11:10:31 AM

Thanks a lot. These are the necessary things to do upon losing money in trading and in any business at large. Analysing why it happened and working on measures to stop that same loss from happening in the future saves one. But blaming it on others and quitti7kills ones account and self esteem.

You've said it all,  if it seems to persist after analyzing, just quit trading
jaocoincrypto18

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 11:50:25 AM

What will I do if I lose $2000 dollars?, First is to analyze why I lose that amount on trading, so that I will never do the same again. Then put up a good strategy that will makes my trading become successful. I need to be prepared before going to trading such as background study on the investments I choose then ask some advises from those people who had better experience.

In addition, you should invest only what you can afford to lose for you to easily to move on because $2,000 is already a huge amount for some small time investors in which they work hard to earned that money that will just lose for an investment. If you lose in trading you should learn the experiences and make peace with your losses so that you could easily to move on.
bestr17

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 02:18:36 PM

Nothing! it's your experience! Today you lost 2000$ tomorrow you'll get 3000$. It's ok bro
DevilSlayer

Activity: 1400
Merit: 357

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 02:24:10 PM

Losing your hard earned money on trading is one of the traumatic experiences that might happen to you.  This is usually happen when you are so bullish on the coins you are investing. Here are my thoughts on how to redeem you from this kind of experience.

1. Acknowledge that you did something wrong

There are no other ways to start the process of redemption by accepting the fact that you made wrong decision. You need to accept that every once in a while we do poor judgment. It is important; when this thing happens to us we are ready to humble ourselves that we committed mistakes.

2.   Identify the problems

a. Lack of experience – I was a successful trader in stock market winning mostly of my trade. But playing here as a day trader in crypto is something new. Your success in stock market doesn’t guarantee you success in BTC.

b. Playing aggressive – Since I have too much ego in my head I put all my money in one coins only. I didn’t consider altcoins to hedge risk from BTC. There are altcoins who doesn’t affect much by this massive correction.

c. Didn’t follow my trading plan – Foundation of trading practice is to follow the plan you have originally set. Your exit strategy is one of those important decisions you will made. It composes of selling and cut loss strategy.

3.   Courses of actions

a. Never stop growing (learn the new market) – In every new things to we do it is very important to know our strength, weakness, opportunities, and threats (SWOT). Money is involved in every trade which make, which gives us reasons why we need to study the every aspects of cryptocurrency.

b. Follow religiously your trading plan – There some trader who doesn’t have trading plan, in my case I have one which was not followed. Trading plan was based on your personal experience in trading. In time these plans was polished and test its effectiveness. If followed properly chances of success are increase.

c. Never stop trading – If this single defeat dictates me to stop then the real loss will happen. These circumstances should ignite us to continue, make this experience to hungrier for success.

d.Diversify your portfolio – Never do all in trade. These will gives you room for another alternative once the other coin doesn’t do well. Balance your portfolio composes of your well research coins.

After careful assessment of my situation, I believe that once a trader will always be a trader. I may lose sometimes but will rebound harder and stronger.

Remember merits are perishable if not use

I also lose $2000 recently, it is really huge loss for me but I didn't lose hope because I know that I can overcome all of my losses. I keep controlling my emotions for me to make wise decisions.
Manchumichael

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 02:49:50 PM

Losing your hard earned money on trading is one of the traumatic experiences that might happen to you.  This is usually happen when you are so bullish on the coins you are investing. Here are my thoughts on how to redeem you from this kind of experience.

There are no other ways to start the process of redemption by accepting the fact that you made wrong decision. You need to accept that every once in a while we do poor judgment. It is important; when this thing happens to us we are ready to humble ourselves that we committed mistakes.

a. Lack of experience – I was a successful trader in stock market winning mostly of my trade. But playing here as a day trader in crypto is something new. Your success in stock market doesn’t guarantee you success in BTC.

b. Playing aggressive – Since I have too much ego in my head I put all my money in one coins only. I didn’t consider altcoins to hedge risk from BTC. There are altcoins who doesn’t affect much by this massive correction.

c. Didn’t follow my trading plan – Foundation of trading practice is to follow the plan you have originally set. Your exit strategy is one of those important decisions you will made. It composes of selling and cut loss strategy.

3.   Courses of actions

a. Never stop growing (learn the new market) – In every new things to we do it is very important to know our strength, weakness, opportunities, and threats (SWOT). Money is involved in every trade which make, which gives us reasons why we need to study the every aspects of cryptocurrency.

b. Follow religiously your trading plan – There some trader who doesn’t have trading plan, in my case I have one which was not followed. Trading plan was based on your personal experience in trading. In time these plans was polished and test its effectiveness. If followed properly chances of success are increase.

c. Never stop trading – If this single defeat dictates me to stop then the real loss will happen. These circumstances should ignite us to continue, make this experience to hungrier for success.

d.Diversify your portfolio – Never do all in trade. These will gives you room for another alternative once the other coin doesn’t do well. Balance your portfolio composes of your well research coins.

After careful assessment of my situation, I believe that once a trader will always be a trader. I may lose sometimes but will rebound harder and stronger.

I also lose $2000 recently, it is really huge loss for me but I didn't lose hope because I know that I can overcome all of my losses. I keep controlling my emotions for me to make wise decisions.
Now who all invested in cryptocurrencies everybody in the loss but i don't know how much they lost, I lost more than $2000 only in Bitcoins if i include all my altcoins i don't know how much i lost but i am not lost hopes on cryptocurrency i know one day all my coins price will increase and i will earn back my loss.
Ewox

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 03:02:47 PM

I think you’re not the only one who had losses and mine was more than $2000 but I still think positively and don’t check on my portfolio everyday. It hurts seeing the red market and those mentioned by the OP are great points to take notes from. Learn always from your mistakes and correct them after.
cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 03:15:26 PM

I have to be honest with you. I have regrets for being too bullish in all of the coins and tokens that I'm holding. Although my dad was supportive of me holding all of my portfolio, he just wants me to hold them for a year and not withdraw no matter what.

Like my Trade tokens, I have almost $4,000 in value before it crashed in mid-January. Right now, my Trade tokens are below $400 in value and still holding it. If I would cash it out real quick, I could have made nice money to sustain myself in the long run while diversifying other coins/tokens. Yeah, I lost big time because I took dad's advice, but I seem to regret it now.

However, I still hope that a bull run will commence anytime this year and get back all of what I've lost.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
sumanto

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 04:57:19 PM

if I suffer a loss of up to $ 2k in the trading world then all I have to do is figure out how to make a price recovery and as much as possible to be able to get more profit from your loss.
KnightElite

Activity: 924
Merit: 275

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 05:34:35 PM

3.   Courses of actions

If you lose in trading, you should stay positive! The scenario can be worse if you will think negative. You should think a way about how you will regain your money. Focus on the present and use the knowledge that you get from your losses.
Cimmy_revenger

Activity: 1106
Merit: 252

Dextrust.org #Defi

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 06:29:14 PM

I agree with your way of thinking this , I've also felt in a position like this.
indeed the learning process for the better is necessary , let alone learn to those more experienced it is like getting a great teacher.

voztata

Activity: 998
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 12:31:57 PM

Damn, $2000!!! Holy sh**. Man I can’t afford to lose such an amount of money. As a single guy who is still managing life, I’d cry all day lol. Well, you gave good instructions here, but does all those things matter at all? Man you lost your money, you already know what the cause is, there is no need to be asking why it happened and the reason why, lol. Makes no sense to me.

Whenever I lose money, I already know why I lost the money whether it was due to carelessness or not being perfect. It’s then left for me to decide on what to do to avoid that same thing in another time.
Gastotade

Activity: 545
Merit: 250

Colletrix - Bridging the Physical and Virtual Worl

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 12:53:10 PM

Damn, $2000!!! Holy sh**. Man I can’t afford to lose such an amount of money. As a single guy who is still managing life, I’d cry all day lol. Well, you gave good instructions here, but does all those things matter at all? Man you lost your money, you already know what the cause is, there is no need to be asking why it happened and the reason why, lol. Makes no sense to me.

Whenever I lose money, I already know why I lost the money whether it was due to carelessness or not being perfect. It’s then left for me to decide on what to do to avoid that same thing in another time.
That's why we should only risk what we afford to lose, I really want to invest a lot in crypto that's why I preferred more to do holding even there is much chance to earn in trading. It will just depend on what we are able to do for us to earn.

SIGMA.
by HYDRA X
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.No commissions.
.or hidden fees.

Sorento

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2018, 01:05:58 PM

Learn from your mistakes and forge ahead. It's not the end of the world
Lodipetmalu

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 01:06:19 PM

Losing a $2000 in trading has really a big impact to us because that amount is very big amount for us. But if it will happen, then I need to analyze my mistakes why is that happen and how could it happen so that in my next transactions I will avoid that losses.
Quidat

Activity: 2562
Merit: 539

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 01:10:55 PM

That's why we should only risk what we afford to lose, I really want to invest a lot in crypto that's why I preferred more to do holding even there is much chance to earn in trading. It will just depend on what we are able to do for us to earn.
Some would prefer holding rather than on doing active trading but there are really people who do really risk out their money in terms of short active tradings.Some do know the risk but most of them doesn't which would really result into loss of money.If I do lose up $2k usd then theres nothing you can do but to move on and learn from your mistakes as long those money aren't your savings and are just the money you can afford to lose then better not to stop and you should progress even more.
Kiweikoo

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 07:24:54 AM

I think that when your investment is lost, you must first think about whether or not the investment was judged correctly, sum up your failed experience, and slowly study it so that you can accumulate experience to be able to determine more accurately which projects can bring To benefit.
That is absolutely the best action one can do after making a wrong decision in trading. No matter what happens, there is no need to get dishearten because it is very common to face a loss in the profession of trading. All traders come across failure in the beginning.

It is due to the lack of experience and knowledge. After screwing up sometimes and figuring out the exact problem, things change. With time, he will definitely start making profits.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: