Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:49:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do if you lose $2,000 in trading?  (Read 13130 times)
chocolah29

Activity: 588
Merit: 128

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 09:26:44 AM

Reading the OP, I must say that he think and analyze scientifically. And his post will be helpful to everyone especially who suffer big losses as losing isn't that easy to accept and it hard to sink in our minds. And I'm guilty of this, I mean I loss some of my money when I was just starting here andI easily swayed by the hypes so in the end I was left by nothing. I had long and sleepless nights trying to remember how stupid I am and fortunately I accepted it and had a break from trading.

SUBSCRIBE NOW
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EtherATM

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 12:34:48 PM

Retrace your trading. There's this called "purging" that I learned from a popular trader that's very effective. It means you stop trading for a certain period of time, up to you. Whether you gain or lose you must follow this plan so that you lose ur biases in any given trades. Plan ur trade and trade ur plan. That's always the general rule. Live and forget.
Great! I completely get your drift guy. “live and forget” are much more likely to help you restart efficiently than always playing it  in your mind and indeed you can’t do anything. We all know that trading requires lots of risks, you have to accept the loss. Then you will do better later because at least you’ve learned from your mistake of losing $2000. Should you have a plan for trading again and earn more than what you losed even more.
Pelevelyl

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 12:36:20 PM

If you lost money, you have to stop trading. If you want to continue, you will lose more money and time.
Bagaji

Activity: 1330
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 12:52:15 PM

You have already mentioned many of the factors that contributes to lost in crypto currency trading which are not far from the truth. Problem identification is half solve they say , so try as much as you can to identify what makes lose up to $2,000 in a trade so that such move will not repeat it self. 
jiniyaakter

Activity: 175

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 12:55:10 PM

For trading, at first you analysis some market which coin is better for buy and sell then you buy and sell
Uno17

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 01:10:08 PM

As we know experience is the best teacher in life, if you lose $2,000 in trading for me it’s painful because i am not rich but definitely i will learn from my mistakes. Maybe enough to realized the wrong moves being made that needs to be avoided in the future trading activity. Therefore experience and knowledge is a must before starting to trade👍🏻😊
Kriptex

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 01:17:16 PM

Retrace your trading. There's this called "purging" that I learned from a popular trader that's very effective. It means you stop trading for a certain period of time, up to you. Whether you gain or lose you must follow this plan so that you lose ur biases in any given trades. Plan ur trade and trade ur plan. That's always the general rule. Live and forget.
Great! I completely get your drift guy. “live and forget” are much more likely to help you restart efficiently than always playing it  in your mind and indeed you can’t do anything. We all know that trading requires lots of risks, you have to accept the loss. Then you will do better later because at least you’ve learned from your mistake of losing $2000. Should you have a plan for trading again and earn more than what you losed even more.

Getting experience from the mistakes made in the past is the most expensive things in the world. Nothing can be more expensive than this. Even if one lost some money in trading, he can earn it back by working more and more on exchange websites on price charts.
Joriecoinbit

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 01:24:46 PM

Great! I completely get your drift guy. “live and forget” are much more likely to help you restart efficiently than always playing it  in your mind and indeed you can’t do anything. We all know that trading requires lots of risks, you have to accept the loss. Then you will do better later because at least you’ve learned from your mistake of losing $2000. Should you have a plan for trading again and earn more than what you losed even more.

Getting experience from the mistakes made in the past is the most expensive things in the world. Nothing can be more expensive than this. Even if one lost some money in trading, he can earn it back by working more and more on exchange websites on price charts.
We're human and not perfect its all natural, I know its difficult to recover that losses but as long as we're still alive and crypto world still exist we can remake good moneys to earn by learning from your mistakes. In this site it has a lot of opportunities so just move on and start again.Lastly, please be aware and careful for the things may happen and collect more strategies and adopt the technology.
FalcoonRed

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 02:03:47 PM

failure is a delayed success, do not despair, rest assured yourself to succeed. if you lose a lot of money in crypto it is a risk of trading because crypto prices are very fast changing
financialgoal

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 04:33:24 PM

Then i am not gonna stop trading and i will regain that loss and make profit even more because in this business if you are soft hearted then if you lose ones then it is hard for you to regain that because you will just get sad and getting sad will not help.
nieninja53

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 06:15:21 PM

I think it is not the last stage of doing trade you just learn from this market loss situation and prepare yourself to do well and earn in this down trend and again try to earn from market so do not feel panic and try again,
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 07:20:33 AM

Many people lose more than that but of course they earn more than that. and it's completely normal to lose because if you are not losing you are not perfecting or trying to perfect your trading strategy because not all the time your strategy will be accurate.
Once you get into the world of the trading, then you do suffer some lost as well but there is nothing to be worried about because of the reason that you learn from the mistakes which made you suffer that loss and that you should not repeat those mistakes again so that you may not suffer again. Moreover, you need to work on improving your skills so that you can then make better plan.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1332

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 11:25:18 PM

I think if I lose the total assets up to that much then I will experience a very high level of pressure because it suffered that much loss, and after that I will try to recover the assets I have.
This is a mistake, when you lose money in a trade you need to accept it, if you trade with the mentality of getting back the money that you have lost you're going to take rush decisions and you will take greater risks and this will make you to be more susceptible to make mistakes, and as you may guess making a mistake at that point will only make you lose even more money.
chichigirl

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

HELENA

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 12:00:02 AM
Last edit: May 09, 2018, 12:40:51 AM by chichigirl

Loosing is not easy,  it is very hard to accept.  Just trade again and believe that you can get it again in just a matter of time. It is normal if you lose some and gain at the same time. 

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀
▀████████████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████████▀

▀██
█████ ███    ███ ███████▀
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
5 0 1 , 6 5 2 %   A P Y
|    TWITTER    |   TELEGRAM   |    DISCORD    |
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
JOIN NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
RoftheN

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 02:34:21 AM

First thing, nothing can be done if you lose $2k in trading. If thats an amount that you could afford to lose than its just a lesson learned, but if you cant afford to lose that amount than you are doing something gravely wrong. Never go more than 10-20% of your money into a single trade as you might end up losing it all on a bad trade and by trading with small amounts you can get out of bad trades easily.
MiukoOk

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 06:26:14 AM

Then i am not gonna stop trading and i will regain that loss and make profit even more because in this business if you are soft hearted then if you lose ones then it is hard for you to regain that because you will just get sad and getting sad will not help.
Yes. But always be wise to keep investing, many people lose money and they are confused, they make bad decisions for the next investment and so they continue to fail. It's a lesson I've seen from my friends.
mriansa

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 08:50:01 AM

when you suffer so much defeat then I will take a good note of what makes me lose that much asset and I will try hard not to repeat the same mistake a second time and try to be better than before.
gorodi

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 10:03:09 AM

Good advice. Now, after the great loss, you have to stop for awhile and this over the strategy that you use when trading. Probably, you have to make some changes in portfolio.
hermae

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 10:52:47 AM

failure is a delayed success, do not despair, rest assured yourself to succeed. if you lose a lot of money in crypto it is a risk of trading because crypto prices are very fast changing

Yes, it is true that losing is a part of trading. In trading, we lose or gain money, it is natural process. When you lose that much, just think of it as a learning experience to do it better the next time you trade. And I think it is good not to trade all that you have, because it will really hurt that much. It is better to trade maybe just a percentage of what you have, not all that you have.
evichi

Activity: 1176
Merit: 7

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 12:16:59 PM
Merited by Wilsonong222 (2)

Losing money in cryptocurrency trading is a common experience. However, that amount of loss should be a concern.If the value of a market goes down, there may be need to exercise patience. Basically loss is experienced when the value is lower than what you bought it. With patience,  the coin or token value can go up and you recover the loss. If, however, you decide to make the sales (at a lower price than you bought it) that is when you experience the loss. With patience,  however, you can recover your losses. Another aspect to consider is how to use Stop loss/stop limit. I will request experienced people on this thread to throw more light on that. Is it possible that if the trader used Stop loss/Stop limit he could have averted the loss of $2000.00? Can someone with experience on the use of Stop loss/Stop limit help us on this issue?

▬▬▬▬[ CHAIN JOES || THE FUTURE OF WEB3 GAMING  ]▬▬▬▬▬
CHAINJOES.COM
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: