Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:30:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do if you lose $2,000 in trading?  (Read 13130 times)
ervinmadureri

Activity: 302
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 02:58:45 PM

This is a mistake, when you lose money in a trade you need to accept it, if you trade with the mentality of getting back the money that you have lost you're going to take rush decisions . If you take the first course of action before investing,then you wont end up in this situation. If you are planning to invest make sure you know everything about the project and the team behind it,having a loss of $2000 depends upon the amount of investment you have made as the crypto currency market is really volatile

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
parthgajjar

Activity: 273

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 02:58:54 PM

That is very normal in trading, some time we lose a lot of money, but other time we not only recover the lost but also make a good profit, so it right to say that if you are losing money for one time then it is not such a big problem. Experience people will never cry but will think and will make new strategy to recover their lost and even convert their lost in to profit
beverly788113

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 02:58:58 PM

Losing some capital is normal because we don't know what really happen to the altcoin who are bought . Yes the altcoin you bought have potential to increase in the future but for sure also they have possible to dump the price. We're human and not perfect its all natural, I know its difficult to recover that losses but as long as we're still alive and crypto world still exist we can remake good moneys to earn by learning from your mistakes
Daseento

Activity: 206
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 04:26:03 PM

In addition, I think prevention is better than cure. Before getting rekt, getting the require knowledge is sacrosanct. Before venturing into full time trading, I would advise that you demo trade for atleast 3 months, learning market psychology and tools usage. With this, you will know when to take profit and also when to cut loss.
act now

Activity: 166
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 04:29:34 PM

First, it is important to understand if trading - is your business or not. It's like driving a car-you feel that you want to do it or it is fundamentally not your business. Secondly, if it is yours, you need to undergo quality training and only then start working in the markets.
neschadim

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 04:34:05 PM

If you have lost money on trading, it means that you need to stop trading to no longer lose money.
Karakas

Activity: 129
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 07:09:12 AM

I will try hard not to repeat the same mistake a second time and try to be better than before. when you suffer so many defeats then I will take a good note of what makes me lose that asset
Hallmader

Activity: 1123
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 07:23:04 AM

Losing your hard earned money on trading is one of the traumatic experiences that might happen to you.  This is usually happen when you are so bullish on the coins you are investing. Here are my thoughts on how to redeem you from this kind of experience.

1. Acknowledge that you did something wrong

There are no other ways to start the process of redemption by accepting the fact that you made wrong decision. You need to accept that every once in a while we do poor judgment. It is important; when this thing happens to us we are ready to humble ourselves that we committed mistakes.

2.   Identify the problems

a. Lack of experience – I was a successful trader in stock market winning mostly of my trade. But playing here as a day trader in crypto is something new. Your success in stock market doesn’t guarantee you success in BTC.

b. Playing aggressive – Since I have too much ego in my head I put all my money in one coins only. I didn’t consider altcoins to hedge risk from BTC. There are altcoins who doesn’t affect much by this massive correction.

c. Didn’t follow my trading plan – Foundation of trading practice is to follow the plan you have originally set. Your exit strategy is one of those important decisions you will made. It composes of selling and cut loss strategy.

3.   Courses of actions

a. Never stop growing (learn the new market) – In every new things to we do it is very important to know our strength, weakness, opportunities, and threats (SWOT). Money is involved in every trade which make, which gives us reasons why we need to study the every aspects of cryptocurrency.

b. Follow religiously your trading plan – There some trader who doesn’t have trading plan, in my case I have one which was not followed. Trading plan was based on your personal experience in trading. In time these plans was polished and test its effectiveness. If followed properly chances of success are increase.

c. Never stop trading – If this single defeat dictates me to stop then the real loss will happen. These circumstances should ignite us to continue, make this experience to hungrier for success.

d.Diversify your portfolio – Never do all in trade. These will gives you room for another alternative once the other coin doesn’t do well. Balance your portfolio composes of your well research coins.

After careful assessment of my situation, I believe that once a trader will always be a trader. I may lose sometimes but will rebound harder and stronger.

Remember merits are perishable if not use

The last line in color green is an indirect way of asking a merit. Well, being green-minded (I am an advocate of nature), I like the color so here's a merit for you.  Grin

Kidding aside, I like that you shared your experience here. I like the admission that since you lost something, there must also be something wrong somewhere. And if you want to go on and grow, you need to go over it, review what went wrong and what went right. This is a very nice way of doing things. I know you have a brighter future as a trader. Keep on!

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
CJPEREZ

Activity: 121

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 08:32:21 AM

If I lose $2,000 in trading I will continue to trade but before I continue to trade I will do a research more about trading and study to get more knowledge in trading. I will considered the mistakes as a lesson for me in trading I will try to recover my losses but in this case I will invest what  I can afford to lose.
BlueStackz
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 09:53:31 AM

Losing two thousand US dollar is so sad to happen but you can use this as a motivation to do well and learned from it or they called it as a lesson learn to be much better trader and decision maker  in this business and industry  to be one of the successful.
This isn’t really a problem. Although this is big loss for you I know but this is just a lesson for you to learn how to perform better next time. Things aren’t that much easy and neither they are much harder. We have to go for a mixed way so that best results can be achieved at the end of day. So learn from your mistakes and make wonderful results by implementing the right way next time.
BountyX

Activity: 352
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 10:06:02 AM

...and finally, once YOU HAVE lost $2000 in trading, make a post on bitcointalk where you explain all the mistakes which you have done, and get 22 Merits in return. Smiley That's not exactly like still having 2000$, but surely it helps Smiley

patrickj

Activity: 490
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 10:18:18 AM

It is natural to lose some money in trading because everyone of us can't predict the rise and downfall of altcoins. Truly the altcoin you purchased can possibly increment later on yet without a doubt likewise they have conceivable to dump the cost. Better to make an examination of each activity or choice you influenced in light of the fact that in the event that you to do that you can forestall danger of losing cash or your capital. I believe that we can be great at trading someday when we some experience in everyday trading.
zakariajaki

Activity: 364
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 11:09:57 AM

if you trade up to lose $ 2000, I think you should read a lot of current data and information, even though losing is common in the world of trading but there needs to be a lot of data so as not to lose a lot, and to learn a good fix error and alert with circumstances, remain optimistic friend, lose does not mean you have to give up
emmybd

Activity: 1218
Merit: 112

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 11:19:30 AM

I think you have to analyze your lose deeply. What went wrong and the mistakes you made during the trading. If you analyze the causes properly then you should start afresh and don't make such mistakes again in future.

Jacsnuffles

Activity: 211
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 11:34:23 AM

The only thing that I can say is, "Learn from your lesson."

I believe that you already know your mistakes. You can contemplate those things and be doing it again may cause you to a loss again. I've been there before and after my lesson, I follow experts and make observations of the chart until I learned how to trade right in my very own way. Goodluck, buddy. I do hope that this time, you already get what you want after your loss.

►     https://GCOX.com GLOBAL CRYPTO OFFERING EXCHANGE     ◄
RISE ABOVE!   WHERE POPULARITY IS IMMORTALIZED
FiveReels

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 01:23:03 PM

Losing 2000$ in trading are too bad scenario for an investor, It doesn't mean I will stop trading due to my huge loss but its a learning experience for me to move forward and learn from the past. Trading is a very exciting activity, You also had a chance to earn huge amount if your coins are successfully growing:) Trading are risky but you need to pass the risk in able to earn.
Telybin

Activity: 114

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 02:43:37 PM

If I lost that number then in exchange I would definitely have experience. When I know the cause of my loss, then I will have a better direction for myself. But if you do not know why you lose money then it is best to stop.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1332

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 10:04:03 PM

If I lose $ 2,000 in a transaction, I see it as an experience for me to learn. There is a saying "failure is the mother of success." After a fall, I will continue to stand up to achieve my goal. And I think the experience I have had in losing $ 2,000 will help me stay firm and business or invest more efficiently and earn a great profit.
This is a very positive way of thinking but at the same time I always wonder, if you are so eager to learn a lesson and to learn more about trading why you needed to lose that amount of money, were you not able to get that knowledge without losing money? There are many books and videos on the Internet that will teach to you how to become a good trader and while making mistakes is part of life you should always try to avoid making predictable mistakes.
Harley_Quinn

Activity: 382
Merit: 104

❤️❤️❤️

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 10:31:04 PM

This is of course a very useful article, but I have my own opinion on this. If you lose when trading, you need to wait.

███████           C O M P R O   F I N A N C E           ███████
The DeFi Way of Synthetic Assets & Trading
│     TELEGRAM     │      TWITTER      │       REDDIT       │      MEDIUM      │
zergenyt09

Activity: 297
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 04:31:37 AM

Losing two thousand US dollar is so sad to happen but you can use this as a motivation to do well and learned from it or they called it as a lesson learn to be much better trader and decision maker  in this business and industry  to be one of the successful.
Losing of your money whether it is 2k $ or 20k $ is not a good thing as it makes you feel bad and that it takes away all your energy from you. in case you ever suffer some loss, the first thing which you must do is that you need to stay in your senses and that you need not to lose control over your emotions. Just stay firm and plan something better which can then help you in recovering that loss.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: