Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:58:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do if you lose $2,000 in trading?  (Read 13133 times)
chocolah29

Activity: 588
Merit: 128

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 05:23:45 AM

Experience is the best teacher so if that happen to me I need to be more careful next time I will not let this happen again for sure. Just be careful that's what the only thing that I need to do. Being careful in what your doing is the best thing to do to avoid some problems again.

Yes and accept your mistake and learn to move on. We're just human and mistakes is just normal so nothing to shame about but next time be cautious in every move that we take.

When I loss in trading, I just take a break to cope from what happened and think what should I avoid next time. And actually stress eating help me a lot through this.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
erundook

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 06:27:02 AM

I think that at this point in my life I would be just destroyed, because this is a huuuuuge amount for me by now in my life

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-
WEBSITEE |█| WHITEPAPER

Riddikulo

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 06:13:47 PM

Maybe I was not lucky that day if I lost that much money. So continue trading again. For me to move and forget about it because I will get it again I will stress myself because I do not know what will happen

Man, for some people 2 thousand is just the sum that is a small part of their income, while for the other people it is the money they work for the whole year. I suppose you have to take a small break and think everything over.
jenktosar

Activity: 145
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 06:55:01 PM

I think that different strategies a lot and this topic is more intended for beginners. I have on similar schemes the strategies are available. But I won't tell them.
kipo

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 06:20:20 PM

I think that if such unpleasant thing happens, a trader should conduct research and in-depth analysis to understand why this happened. I hope this won't happen to me but if I fail, I think I will analyze everything not to make the same mistakes
tonyosa

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2018, 06:29:10 PM

You nailed it really,highlighted all that need to be done when things go wrong.It is always a good thing to take some steps backwards rather than trying to recover the lost cash immediately (basically start gambling with trades in a desperate manner and end up losing more).Thanks for sharing
shadyrifles

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 07:31:36 PM

In recent market trend, it is hard to expect profits from day trading. As we have seen that market is bearish since the beginning of this year, the majority of coin prices are 2x-5x down. However, $2000 loss is not a big loss considering the market trend.
raider150shifter

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 08:01:54 PM

Good job Hemady17, my thoughts about this is If ever I'll lose 2000$ in a trade I'd be depressed but losing 2000$ will not make the world end right? So I'll make myself not to do the same mistake.
tommisetiyawan

Activity: 148

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 09:26:08 PM

If I lose the asset to that much then I will experience a very high level of pressure because it suffered such huge losses, $ 2000 is not a small number, and I will try to recover the losses I experienced by investing in ICO or buying and selling coins in my opinion potentially profitable for me.
Wolfwar

Activity: 630

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 09:29:03 PM

If I lose the asset to that much then I will experience a very high level of pressure because it suffered such huge losses, $ 2000 is not a small number, and I will try to recover the losses I experienced by investing in ICO or buying and selling coins in my opinion potentially profitable for me.
I'm generally very difficult to perceive such losses. I recently traded coins from the pundix project. The fact is that I saw the potential growth of coins and quickly sold them, but for me it was a big surprise when token still increased in price by 2 times.
Sweet Weapon

Activity: 82

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 03:10:05 AM

Profit and loss both works as a opposite side of a coin . Where there is investment there is always a chance of getting more of it or getting less than what one invests ..

Yes Loosing $2000 is a bad news for most of the people.. But the thing comes to mind that if someone looses this amount of money there is a chance of him to learn from this kind of situation .. This will make one more professional in this way of trading .
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1333

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:48:10 PM

Getting profits and losses in the crypto trading is normal even if you lost $2000 you can earn it soon and you have to remember that you never lost anything until you sell them so keep holding whenever the prices are low and keep buying if you can afford more money.
It is not that easy this market is really difficult, some months ago making money was way easier since all the market was going up and so you could pick almost any coin and you will earn money, in this market not even bitcoin is making you money despite being the best cryptocurrency, so the best thing to do right now is to be calm and wait for the right opportunity instead of trying to beat the market.
xvids

Activity: 1176
Merit: 301

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 09:12:28 PM

Well if I lose that huge amount of money then I would continue to trade and learn from my mistakes,
If I already manage to earn such a huge amount then for sure I could do it again but it would really take some time to recover that huge amount of money.

heinz

Activity: 172

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 10:11:30 PM

It will purely depend on the way that you use to trade, i think that sometimes it is much more better to quit trading because you can lose much more money because of that
DiceChain

Activity: 353
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 10:39:47 PM

First of all do not despair about it. Perceive it like the next life stage. Today you lost 2000$ tomorrow you will earn 10000$. It's a life, be optimistic in every situation.
Trading is all about gain or loss. If you lose today, you may gain tomorrow. Important thing here is optimism. If you are optimistic enough an learn through mistake, you will gain must. You have to understand the reason for losing and must not repeat those mistakes. Another point is that never be panic and never do unplanned buy or aggressive sale.
ervinmadureri

Activity: 302

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 11:39:11 PM

Losing your hard earned money on trading is one of the traumatic experiences that might happen to you.  This is usually happen when you are so bullish on the coins you are investing. Here are my thoughts on how to redeem you from this kind of experience.

1. Acknowledge that you did something wrong

There are no other ways to start the process of redemption by accepting the fact that you made wrong decision. You need to accept that every once in a while we do poor judgment. It is important; when this thing happens to us we are ready to humble ourselves that we committed mistakes.

2.   Identify the problems

a. Lack of experience – I was a successful trader in stock market winning mostly of my trade. But playing here as a day trader in crypto is something new. Your success in stock market doesn’t guarantee you success in BTC.

b. Playing aggressive – Since I have too much ego in my head I put all my money in one coins only. I didn’t consider altcoins to hedge risk from BTC. There are altcoins who doesn’t affect much by this massive correction.

c. Didn’t follow my trading plan – Foundation of trading practice is to follow the plan you have originally set. Your exit strategy is one of those important decisions you will made. It composes of selling and cut loss strategy.

3.   Courses of actions

a. Never stop growing (learn the new market) – In every new things to we do it is very important to know our strength, weakness, opportunities, and threats (SWOT). Money is involved in every trade which make, which gives us reasons why we need to study the every aspects of cryptocurrency.

b. Follow religiously your trading plan – There some trader who doesn’t have trading plan, in my case I have one which was not followed. Trading plan was based on your personal experience in trading. In time these plans was polished and test its effectiveness. If followed properly chances of success are increase.

c. Never stop trading – If this single defeat dictates me to stop then the real loss will happen. These circumstances should ignite us to continue, make this experience to hungrier for success.

d.Diversify your portfolio – Never do all in trade. These will gives you room for another alternative once the other coin doesn’t do well. Balance your portfolio composes of your well research coins.

After careful assessment of my situation, I believe that once a trader will always be a trader. I may lose sometimes but will rebound harder and stronger.

Remember merits are perishable if not use

You can see that the bitcoin is at $ 6800 and the recovery force is very weak, so it is very difficult to trade successfully. The market is fluctuating continuously and is in the bearish trend in the long run, so you should only trade short-term by day. I believe bitcoin prices will probably continue to fall sharply and possibly to the $ 4,000 level by the end of 2018.
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 12:09:43 PM

Well if I lose that huge amount of money then I would continue to trade and learn from my mistakes,
If I already manage to earn such a huge amount then for sure I could do it again but it would really take some time to recover that huge amount of money.
To get aside and lose your heart just on some losses, this isn’t the qualities of a trader. Trader is a person who have got enough strong mind that is under controlled in most cases. Definitely trader is a human so you can’t just be unrealistic saying mind is full controlled and blah. But yes, this would let you be confident on your actions and you must learn from your winnings and mistakes.
love_you_much

Activity: 38

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 12:41:42 PM

In my opinion, losing money in the investment is normal. You lose money but in return you gain experience when investing. When you have more experience then you can get back what you lost today.
Ryker1

Activity: 1918
Merit: 442

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 02:53:35 PM

If you lose $2,000 don't be afraid to try again, because we don't get successful in just one try. Instead of giving up make it your motivation in trading. Just remember that make your loss as an experience so you won't repeat the same mistake again, it's normal for traders to lose some money in trading, you're not alone. Review what's your mistake and what you lack when you lose your money.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Elmer1

Activity: 109

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 04:16:52 PM

If you lose $2,000 don't be afraid to try again, because we don't get successful in just one try. losing money in the investment is normal. You lose money but in return you gain experience when investing. highlighted all that need to be done when things go wrong.It is always a good thing to take some steps backwards rather than trying to recover the lost cash immediately
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: