Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 06:46:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do if you lose $2,000 in trading?  (Read 13133 times)
cryptogideon19

Activity: 316
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 04:33:06 PM

Thanks for this wonderful suggestion Smiley. I wan't to become a successful man on trading. But reading this one makes me motivate to more have loss and more have gains. Thanks two thumbs up for this thread Smiley
taliwang

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 04:47:22 PM

if I lose money assets because I sell at a low price with a loss of up to that much better I take note of the mistakes I made and after that I tried to recover assets by utilizing the moment of price movements of up and down coins.
Rosa Paula

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 05:02:56 PM

losing profits inside investing isn't only concerning deficient the particular features of earning funds by means of in which action, in the event you question virtually any dealer which is productive can notify for your requirements in which losing profits is practically inescapable sooner or later you will produce a blunder due to the fact you're not a pc and also you're not any equipment, what you should carry out is always to pay attention to the causes with the blunder and also to attempt to demonstrate because distinct location.
kriptowitch

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 05:47:50 PM

I believe that as long as you don't exchange their bitcoins for Fiat, you have not lost anything. And these games on the market are very dangerous, and you can lose your entire Deposit. It is better to wait.

ANN |▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰|    ASURE NETWORK     |▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰| Bounty
FIRST SCALABLE DECENTRALIZED SOCIAL SECURITY NETWORK
feelideb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

fLibero.financial

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 09:24:19 PM

I have lost crazy money that I can not begin to mention on this forum. The bottom line here is that if you expect to win big, also prepare to lose big as well! Combination of your pain, joy and experience would make  you a success at the end!

Sandra999

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 11:39:22 AM

Losing 2000$ is not a joke in this industry. When one loses such amount of money, you definitely need to revisit your strategy abs be sure that you are doing something right. You need to unlearn and relearn and check all the strategies in place and ascertain that you follow all the footsteps of a successful crypto trader.
MrPiggles

Activity: 980
Merit: 256

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 11:46:59 AM

I have lost crazy money that I can not begin to mention on this forum. The bottom line here is that if you expect to win big, also prepare to lose big as well! Combination of your pain, joy and experience would make  you a success at the end!
The initial stage is really difficult for new traders because they will certainly lose money and after those times if they are really smart they will certainly have many different strategies to make money but if you If you do not accept the new knowledge then you will always be the first to lose money on the market

▄▄████▄
          ██▀▀  ▀██▄
     ▄▄▄▄██▀      ██▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
   ██     ███▄▄▄▄██▀     ██
   ██      ▀▀▀██▀▀       ██
  ▄██                    ██▄
  ██▀       ██████       ▀██
  ██        ██  ██        ██
  ██       ███  ███       ██
 ███       ███  ███       ███
 ███       ███  ███       ███
 ██▀       ███  ███       ▀██
▄██        ████████        ██▄
███                        ███
 ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
  ▀████████████████████████▀

iBid

Decentralized Auctions
on Blockchain
  ▄██

▀██
██████████████████████████████████
▄ ▄▄
██▄▀██▄
████▄▀▀██▄
██████▄ ▀███▄▄
████████▄ ▀███▀ ▄
██████████▄ ▀ ▄████▄
██████████▀ ▄ ▀███▀▀
████████▀ ▄███▄ ▀
██████▀▄████▀▀
████▀▄███▀
██▀▄█▀▀
  ▀▀
GET IN ON
Google Play
██▄
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
██▀
  ▄██

▀██
█████████████████████████████████
          ▄▄█
         ▄██▀
    ▄▄▄  ▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████████████
▄██████████████▀
███████████████
███████████████
▀███████████████▄
 ████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████▀
   ▀████▀▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
█████████████████████████████████
██▄
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
██▀

About us
Telegram
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
███████████████    ███████████████
█████████████        █████████████
███████████            ███████████
████████████████  ████████████████
██████████              ██████████
██████████  ████  ████  ██████████
█████████    ██    ██    █████████
█████████    ██    ██    █████████

███ SIGN UP ███
██████████▀▀▀▀████████████████████
██████████▄▄    ▀▀▀███████████████
██████████  ▀▀ ▄▄  ▄██████████████
█████████        ▀████████████████
████████▀        █████████████████
██████▀▀▀▄▄     ██     ▀▀▀████████
██████▄     ▀▀▄▄███▄         ▀████
█████████▄▄▄   ███████▄▄       ███
███████████████████████████▄▄▄████
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████
███▀             ▀████████████████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████

All auctions start at $0
with no minimum reserve

AN  AUCTION
KenChanYu

Activity: 1139
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 12:55:59 PM

The initial stage is really difficult for new traders because they will certainly lose money and after those times if they are really smart they will certainly have many different strategies to make money but if you If you do not accept the new knowledge then you will always be the first to lose money on the market
It's a very distressing experience and may be hard to deal with because it's a big amount of money that we earn and we work hard for it. However, what we can do is acceptance and to move on. If things don't work well, change the style or strategies but not the goals and plans. It's not the reason to stop living your dreams and purpose in life.  There's still a lot of chance to recover from loss and gain more strength. Knowledge and experience are the best factors that can help us survive when crisis arise.
ukboss

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 04:11:31 PM

Rest. Complete rest for minimum one month. If you think 2000$ is a huge loss for you then this is the only suggestion for you. After a complete rest, you must find or discover some unique idea. You can also find out why and how you make this huge loss. Every loses have the main fact “Emotion”. After a complete rest, you can able to do what you want. I mean you can control yourself If this is not a huge loss for you then you can continue your trading.
xSkylarx

Activity: 2352
Merit: 593

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 07:24:21 PM

If you lose $2,000 worth of cryptocurrency, then there is a problem to you. Check first yourself if you have capability in trading because if you will continue what will you do, it may lead to total bankruptcy. Unless, you are a millionaire.
Trading is a risky way of earning, you may gain or lose money. If you will enter the world of trading, be wisely and knows every side wether dump or pump of the coins you hold.
If you're taking major losses constantly, then yes, it is definitely time re-evaluate your trading habits.

However, a 2,000 loss often isn't that big of a deal. For example, I think most traders lost over 2k during the recent correction, but most of us still believe the prices will increase eventually.

If you lose $2000 then that is quite alarming and you have to find out where you lose some knowledge. We all know that losses is still a part of our trading life but if we're always lossing too much then that means that we need to gain more knowledge to get rid of uncertain circumstances.
rumexx

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 07:55:30 PM

Losing your hard earned money on trading is one of the traumatic experiences that might happen to you.  This is usually happen when you are so bullish on the coins you are investing. Here are my thoughts on how to redeem you from this kind of experience.

1. Acknowledge that you did something wrong

There are no other ways to start the process of redemption by accepting the fact that you made wrong decision. You need to accept that every once in a while we do poor judgment. It is important; when this thing happens to us we are ready to humble ourselves that we committed mistakes.

2.   Identify the problems

a. Lack of experience – I was a successful trader in stock market winning mostly of my trade. But playing here as a day trader in crypto is something new. Your success in stock market doesn’t guarantee you success in BTC.

b. Playing aggressive – Since I have too much ego in my head I put all my money in one coins only. I didn’t consider altcoins to hedge risk from BTC. There are altcoins who doesn’t affect much by this massive correction.

c. Didn’t follow my trading plan – Foundation of trading practice is to follow the plan you have originally set. Your exit strategy is one of those important decisions you will made. It composes of selling and cut loss strategy.

3.   Courses of actions

a. Never stop growing (learn the new market) – In every new things to we do it is very important to know our strength, weakness, opportunities, and threats (SWOT). Money is involved in every trade which make, which gives us reasons why we need to study the every aspects of cryptocurrency.

b. Follow religiously your trading plan – There some trader who doesn’t have trading plan, in my case I have one which was not followed. Trading plan was based on your personal experience in trading. In time these plans was polished and test its effectiveness. If followed properly chances of success are increase.

c. Never stop trading – If this single defeat dictates me to stop then the real loss will happen. These circumstances should ignite us to continue, make this experience to hungrier for success.

d.Diversify your portfolio – Never do all in trade. These will gives you room for another alternative once the other coin doesn’t do well. Balance your portfolio composes of your well research coins.

After careful assessment of my situation, I believe that once a trader will always be a trader. I may lose sometimes but will rebound harder and stronger.

Remember merits are perishable if not use

Your points are highly reflective and will go along way to help in this very bad situation. But I will like to add that you should stop live trading and do more of simulations to build back your confidence and continue to try more strategies. You must have a mentor who can easily be of an assistance at that period helping you to sharpen some your strategies.
denisaardelean

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 10:39:58 PM

Losing your hard earned money on trading is one of the traumatic experiences that might happen to you.  This is usually happen when you are so bullish on the coins you are investing. Here are my thoughts on how to redeem you from this kind of experience.

There are no other ways to start the process of redemption by accepting the fact that you made wrong decision. You need to accept that every once in a while we do poor judgment. It is important; when this thing happens to us we are ready to humble ourselves that we committed mistakes.

a. Lack of experience – I was a successful trader in stock market winning mostly of my trade. But playing here as a day trader in crypto is something new. Your success in stock market doesn’t guarantee you success in BTC.

b. Playing aggressive – Since I have too much ego in my head I put all my money in one coins only. I didn’t consider altcoins to hedge risk from BTC. There are altcoins who doesn’t affect much by this massive correction.

c. Didn’t follow my trading plan – Foundation of trading practice is to follow the plan you have originally set. Your exit strategy is one of those important decisions you will made. It composes of selling and cut loss strategy.

3.   Courses of actions

a. Never stop growing (learn the new market) – In every new things to we do it is very important to know our strength, weakness, opportunities, and threats (SWOT). Money is involved in every trade which make, which gives us reasons why we need to study the every aspects of cryptocurrency.

b. Follow religiously your trading plan – There some trader who doesn’t have trading plan, in my case I have one which was not followed. Trading plan was based on your personal experience in trading. In time these plans was polished and test its effectiveness. If followed properly chances of success are increase.

c. Never stop trading – If this single defeat dictates me to stop then the real loss will happen. These circumstances should ignite us to continue, make this experience to hungrier for success.

d.Diversify your portfolio – Never do all in trade. These will gives you room for another alternative once the other coin doesn’t do well. Balance your portfolio composes of your well research coins.

After careful assessment of my situation, I believe that once a trader will always be a trader. I may lose sometimes but will rebound harder and stronger.

I believe you should not continue trading at this point, you can see that bitcoin prices have continued to fall sharply and the current time has fallen to the $ 6200 level, the market is in crisis when bitcoin prices fall The price of altcoin drops as the whole market is bleeding. Therefore, I believe that at this point in time, to preserve your capital and profits you should not trade.
tonyosa

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 10:50:05 PM

Thank for sharing these, often times, we let our emotions get a better part of us and we may end up losing more money
RiskySanchez

Activity: 588

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 10:58:20 PM

this is so hard to explain but I understand what is felt, the market is not as good as we thought. Market can be a thief who takes our money without time and space. Yes, that's how the trading world for every profit and loss will always have every factor

Swap & Trade Tokens, Enjoy Great Yield & APYs
▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬  PUFFY FINANCE  ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬
▬▬▬JOIN PRIVATE SALE▬▬▬ >>Early Opportunity<<▬▬▬
Dark Sky

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 11:16:28 PM

this is so hard to explain but I understand what is felt, the market is not as good as we thought. Market can be a thief who takes our money without time and space. Yes, that's how the trading world for every profit and loss will always have every factor
but if you lose your money in trading so you should never disappoint because sometime you win but sometime you lose so its just money and can earn it next time, so bitcoin will never lose your money and time otherwise it will make your life and future more comfortable and that's why you should give full concentrate to this currency. 

Vanshenz

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 11:21:47 PM

in my opinion, $ 2,000 is a very large amount, I would feel stressed if I lost that much money in trading.
but whatever happens, we must accept it gracefully, because all can never be repeated again, all we have to do is learn from these mistakes and never repeat them again, besides that we have to keep trading and remain resistant, maybe there will be time to have a better price and return your money.
GreatArkansas
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1354

CoinPoker.com

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2018, 12:14:52 AM

That is really sick, $2,000 is really large amount for trading. But in your post, it is really the best to learn how to control our emotion specially in trading cryptocurrency. Your words is really true but most of people don't doing that. That is very sad reality.

hastag_80

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

The New Pharma-Centric Marketplace

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 02:38:28 AM

3.   Courses of actions

actualy i could not experience of lossing huge money,especialy in trading investment,otherwise in these situation if in my position im loosing a $2K  in trading investment i thinks im sad and feel dissapointed if this would happen to me,because this is not an  easy money used in capital for trading investment,but after a few moment i easily could recover and thinks thats everythings about in crypto have a risk,so accept the facts and learn a mistake.

Trade Pharma Network     │  New Pharma-Centric Marketplace
[   PRIVATE SALE   ]      │      WHITEPAPER
Linkedin        ⚫ Facebook        ⚫ Twitter        ⚫ Telegram
marketone
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 02:43:06 AM

Whether you lose the money or whether you lose value because there is a big difference in it. If you lose value better it is the best time to hold them until bitcoin price starts increasing. If you lose money then you need to quit them.
mkhadazz

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 03:35:06 AM

it looks like what I will do when I get a loss of more than $ 2000 so I will try to recover the assets that I have by utilizing the coin movement situation carefully and as much as possible not to repeat the mistakes I have ever made.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: