Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:48:44 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do if you lose $2,000 in trading?  (Read 13134 times)
Xising

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 04:32:46 AM

If you lose $2,000 worth of cryptocurrency, then there is a problem to you. Check first yourself if you have capability in trading because if you will continue what will you do, it may lead to total bankruptcy. Unless, you are a millionaire.
Trading is a risky way of earning, you may gain or lose money. If you will enter the world of trading, be wisely and knows every side wether dump or pump of the coins you hold.

I agree that there might be a problem, but I wouldn't say that it would automatically be the person who is investing. I mean, there are so many other factors that could affect an investment and make it go down the drain, therefore, it would be better when losses like that happen to actually take a step back and look at things with a fresh eye and see what went wrong. If there are things that can be changed, then it should be addressed; however, if what happened was related to normal market movements, then another strategy should be employed.
anderson705

Activity: 233
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 05:23:17 AM

I believe that as long as you don't exchange their bitcoins for Fiat, you have not lost anything. And these games on the market are very dangerous, and you can lose your entire Deposit. It is better to wait.

Well it depends also on the coin or token you hold. There are tokens or coin that never recovered from its price since it launch.  I lose more than $2,000 already but I am researching on the coins I invested. If I lose too much and the dev are not active then I cut my losses and hunt for a profitable one. If I know its a good coin, I just hold and wait that sooner it will rise again. Trading is very volatile, so be careful.
emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 05:32:09 AM

I believe that as long as you don't exchange their bitcoins for Fiat, you have not lost anything. And these games on the market are very dangerous, and you can lose your entire Deposit. It is better to wait.

Well it depends also on the coin or token you hold. There are tokens or coin that never recovered from its price since it launch.  I lose more than $2,000 already but I am researching on the coins I invested. If I lose too much and the dev are not active then I cut my losses and hunt for a profitable one. If I know its a good coin, I just hold and wait that sooner it will rise again. Trading is very volatile, so be careful.

Yes, the number of coins/tokens that suffered big dump and never come back to rise again are a lot. That is why, picking the good developed coins is very important. Bitcoin and ethereum would be my recomendation for long term trading. Even though right now the prices of both coins are in the downtrend, but I have a faith that in the near future, the prices will rise again.

katrimans

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 06:19:12 AM

Losing 2000$ is not a joke in this industry. When one loses such amount of money, you definitely need to revisit your strategy abs be sure that you are doing something right. You need to unlearn and relearn and check all the strategies in place and ascertain that you follow all the footsteps of a successful crypto trader.
Exactly. At times you might even take the so called business break. And business is all about loosing and earning but once you have gained enough experience from the loss, you would be able to avoid the mistakes next time by using your valuable experience.

Not learning from the mistakes that incurred you loss in the crypto market is like committing business suicide which every investor wants to escape. Besides, it will be very irrational to loose money for the second time after loosing it once.
bitcoindian

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 06:23:43 AM

If you are very efficient in trading then you will start recovering the loos, otherwise, keep on holding the coin until the market starts recovering. Efficient traders will always look other coins which they can make a profit by start trading them again.
Rhaizan

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 06:44:52 AM

If you are very efficient in trading then you will start recovering the loos, otherwise, keep on holding the coin until the market starts recovering. Efficient traders will always look other coins which they can make a profit by start trading them again.

2k$ is serious amount and if you lose that amount for sure  it will be hard for you to let it happen, if you have a coin and that price fall then don't think to sell it, that is the only way I see to avoid your money lost and wait until your coin will recover.
rose9696

Activity: 770
Merit: 10

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 06:47:23 AM

I know now is a bad time for the market. Trading at the present time is risky because the risk in trading is very high. You can not predict the market will rise or fall during this period, so I advise people not to invest at this time. Lots of money because the market goes down and it is very normal. don't worry too much  Wink

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
ganjasmokingg

Activity: 255

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 06:59:44 AM

$ 2k is a pretty big deal for me and I have experienced this feeling. I have accepted many losses and have a valuable lesson for myself. I hold the OMX for a long time and I think its price will rise again at ICO's price but I was wrong. I had to accept them.
TheNotoriouss

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 10:04:47 AM

beautiful reverse engineering of your own mistake, keep going!  Wink I suggest you to look at ICO investment field, with your ability to analyze it becomes more easier to find interesting projects to invest in, for example Kelvin Blockchain project - this is one of the hundreds upcoming projects, but I believe this project and some others only will succeed. Sad
oegarod

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 10:12:16 AM

If you come across the story behind each and every trader, very few could have succeeded with ease. Majority have got a big pain behind it, they have lost lots and lots to gain good experience experimenting. With this I suggest to have a positive attitude towards the loss and move forward learning something. The loss is big, and for the same if you quit trading this won't make sense.
javierromero69follaculos

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 07:49:08 AM

You can’t do much about the moment that you have lost, but you cab be careful the next time.
Ekenegbu123

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 08:08:57 AM

You have a well written and drafted article to this. Loosing money isn't what anyone likes. Identifying what Made you lose such money and correcting it is what makes you a better trader in the future. Good write up
Flagship11

Activity: 853
Merit: 144

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 08:22:32 AM

If I lost 2k in a single day, I would consider that a good day in crypto terms.
With so many UPS and DOWNS, it very easy to watch your portfolio go up or down many thousands of dollars/day, clearly depending how big your portfolio is.
But if I lose 2k in a single day, that's definitely not wroth panicking over.
shitcoinoffering

Activity: 445
Merit: 71

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2018, 08:26:16 AM

Start trading with small amount of money and get experience. Only when you become successful with that sums, try to increase it but don't hurry up. It must look like you're climbing a ladder.

Mr. ScamKiller - Shitcoin Offering Wink
gudrun

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 08:30:01 AM

In my opinion, $ 2000 Loss is still a small number of transactions. You only lose when you lose 100% of your assets. Investing is always risky, accepting losses and implementing new plans that are the right strategy
gerald246kru

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 08:34:17 AM

This means that it is time for you to slow down and start keeping your investment income of the coins which have a less volatility rate and more stable rate but most of all this means that you need to analyze more before you start investing
Yes, it means he is going the wrong way, he is making a wrong investment strategy. He should introduce new investment directions, not be optimistic about the market, wait to always lose more assets when the market goes down, sell your pennies and wait to buy at better prices
Turst1974

Activity: 57

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 11:12:38 AM

$ 2k is a pretty big deal for me and I have experienced this feeling. I have accepted many losses and have a valuable lesson for myself. I hold the OMX for a long time and I think its price will rise again at ICO's price but I was wrong. I had to accept them.
Yes no doubt that it is big amount to be lose. But I think that it is too much common to face a lost in trading, I think that in such situation you should not lose heart but should try to review your strategy and start trading again with a limited amount of money.
mesagrandporrets

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 09:47:06 AM

If you have been dealing with a lot of loses then it is time to think twice and evaluate.
LLooctor

Activity: 76

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 08:02:57 PM

Keep the coin start at a lower price and learn how to deal with the things.
javierromero69follaculos

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 08:35:33 PM

The loss in the Bitcoins is not really good but it happens and you can deal with it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: