Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:03:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer S9 changed eu stratum pool itself and not others? Strange...  (Read 153 times)
latoxine34 (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:03:21 AM

hi,
I realise after an alert from Slushpool that  2 of my S9 miners have changed pool choice for a short time, and not my others with same settings:

One from Btc --> slush
One from Slush ---> slush ( second choice exactly the same as the first one)

I don not understand, because the port ( gate?)  are the same than my others miners, and they didn't switch like this 2 renegades...

For info
- slush stratum : eu /3333
-btc stratum: eu / 1800

What could be the reason ? Does it happen sometimes?

thank you

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SGMPhil

Activity: 111
Merit: 14

01010011 01000111 01001101

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 02:07:47 PM
Merited by OgNasty (1), poplolnman (1)

This is an expected failover action if the miner could not connect to the primary pool. For some reason, the miner failed over, maybe due to a network glitch - no telling. I would not worry about it.

The Sergeant Major

3KHzidSnPjzrzM4HPetpWaFR4J8FVUdbmj
latoxine34 (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 06:30:31 PM

Happended today again... Undecided

As it take time ( for me I don't know if it's usual ) for my miners to reach the max Hashrate ( it can easely take up to 30m or more ) I can miss blocks and hash score...
castiel0504

Activity: 266
Merit: 109

Ultra Mega Giga Super Cool Flying Oposum!

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:52:00 PM

Dumb question, have you changed default account, username and password? maybe your miner was hijacked, and someone is toying with you?
Raymond_B

Activity: 504
Merit: 71

Just Getting Started...

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2018, 03:12:09 AM

Happended today again... Undecided

As it take time ( for me I don't know if it's usual ) for my miners to reach the max Hashrate ( it can easely take up to 30m or more ) I can miss blocks and hash score...

Apparently you are not sure how to correctly configure your miner. You can put up to 3 pools in the miner so if a pool has connection issues you can swap to either another pool or another connection to that pool. For instance you could have US Slushpool and EU Slushpool. If connection goes down your miner would swap over to the EU connection.

It's there so you CAN KEEP HASHING... So read up on how to properly operate your miner and then find out why you're dropping connections to your main pool. Also learn to properly secure your miner, maybe change the password and look over your pool settings.

latoxine34 (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 07:00:00 AM

thank you,

I precise I know how to configure my miner ( basics )  Wink

Ok it can feel to be a dumb question, but it's hard to explain in no native language.

As I wrote below, I think it's not a hack problem, because it does not swap to an other person pool but to my other pool choices, and I wonder why since my others miners are configure the same on the same pools, with same ports; and they stay stable on first pool choice. 

-Some s9 miners could loose pool connection more or less than others ?  Huh

-Someone know what lines I could check to know if it's due to an issue  in the kernel log ?

thank you very much
Raymond_B

Just Getting Started...

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2018, 07:02:52 AM

thank you,

I precise I know how to configure my miner ( basics )  Wink

Ok it can feel to be a dumb question, but it's hard to explain in no native language.

As I wrote below, I think it's not a hack problem, because it does not swap to an other person pool but to my other pool choices, and I wonder why since my others miners are configure the same on the same pools, with same ports; and they stay stable on first pool choice. 

-Some s9 miners could loose pool connection more or less than others ?  Huh

-Someone know what lines I could check to know if it's due to an issue  in the kernel log ?

thank you very much

Gotcha. First thing that comes to mind is a bad patch cable or a bad switch port.

latoxine34 (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 10:36:51 AM
Last edit: February 22, 2018, 12:06:28 PM by latoxine34

thank you,

I precise I know how to configure my miner ( basics )  Wink

-Some s9 miners could loose pool connection more or less than others ?  Huh

-Someone know what lines I could check to know if it's due to an issue  in the kernel log ?

thank you very much

Gotcha. First thing that comes to mind is a bad patch cable or a bad switch port.

It's true that I have a little bit of everything as patch cables ( not all the same, did with what I had in stock ) and my 8 switch port is : D link DES 1008D

No idea if it can be check ( network issues ) by any way else than change cables or buy an other switch ?
Raymond_B

Just Getting Started...

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2018, 07:01:20 PM

thank you,

I precise I know how to configure my miner ( basics )  Wink

-Some s9 miners could loose pool connection more or less than others ?  Huh

-Someone know what lines I could check to know if it's due to an issue  in the kernel log ?

thank you very much

It's true that I have a little bit of everything as patch cables ( not all the same, did with what I had in stock ) and my 8 switch port is : D link DES 1008D

No idea if it can be check ( network issues ) by any way else than change cables or buy an other switch ?

Change the cable and switch port from a working miner. That should help you narrow it down.

latoxine34 (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 07:17:47 PM

yes, I'll try that !
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: