Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:06:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoin bleeding. When does it stop  (Read 2388 times)
Durison

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:05:27 AM

I believe we have been through the worst of it. We've seen a 60% Retracement which doesn't compare to one of the retracement's BTC experienced with 80%+

There are multiple scenarios
1) BTC rise, ALTS rise
2) BTC stabalizes, ALTS rise
3) BTC bleeds, ALTS bleed
4) BTC rise, ALTS bleed

What typically happens though is when the masses purchase BTC, they allocate some of it into ALT's...I've been doing a lot of research and ALT season should be just around the corner...and should last a few months. Some speculation is many ALTs will 3x... I would say HODL if you have ALTs and check your blockfolio in a few months Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Prodigan786

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:10:02 AM

Bitcoin will be back in action by the next 2 months and alts will follow as well.. That pull back will make us rich and get our lambo. I think 40,000usd or 50,000usd is the target price for bitcoin. So better hold your position.
Good one I wanted to see this kind of posts whether true or not it’s really giving some hope . Actually no one can predict the market still buyers support where there for 10 k now that’s crossed and trading 9000 so it will take some more time to recover.
ivakar

Activity: 756
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 05:00:45 AM

My opinion is - hold btc.
Cause turbulence on the market is very strong now and in order not to be fooled it is better stay in btc, once it will go up you can sell it and buy some alts.
andreibi
Legendary

Activity: 1647
Merit: 1012

Practising Hebrew before visiting Israel

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 05:18:12 AM

I pity you if this so-called altcoin bleeding is already bad for you. 2014 was the worst, most members here have stopped posting, the volume in the markets have dwindled to an average of $200 per 24 hours per coin. Lackluster coin launches only attracting the pump and dump groups. Back then, you fear that crypto was a fad and slowly dying.

Now? Many of you newbies are making the markets expand. What I see is a distribution phase in the markets where the earlier adopters/holders are distributing coins to you newbies.

After this distribution, the markets will achieve equilibrium and may experience some price ranging or sideways movement and then a new trend will form, possibly 80% chance of continuing the bull market.

Crypto_lion

Activity: 630
Merit: 11

NEW MEDICINE:Faster, Safer, Smarter

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 06:16:06 AM

I pity you if this so-called altcoin bleeding is already bad for you. 2014 was the worst, most members here have stopped posting, the volume in the markets have dwindled to an average of $200 per 24 hours per coin. Lackluster coin launches only attracting the pump and dump groups. Back then, you fear that crypto was a fad and slowly dying.

Now? Many of you newbies are making the markets expand. What I see is a distribution phase in the markets where the earlier adopters/holders are distributing coins to you newbies.

After this distribution, the markets will achieve equilibrium and may experience some price ranging or sideways movement and then a new trend will form, possibly 80% chance of continuing the bull market.
Wow 2014 looks scary based on what you say.I wasn't into crypto that time although I badly wish I was Sad ..What I don't understand is why do all altcoins bleed when eth ort btc goes down?
I get that it maybe because most exchanges use these coins for buying altcoins, but even many established coins start going down when btc goes down . Why is that, is it just because of sentiment?

❱_    ClinTex     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     NEW MEDICINE:   Faster,   Safer,   Smarter
   ❪  TELEGRAM  ❫                 ❪  TWITTER  ❫                 ❪  LINKEDIN  ❫   
██████████████████████   J O I N   ██████████████████████
Torps1

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

Kuvacash.com

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 06:24:04 AM

The fact that Altcoin is bleeding is a characteristic that can not be ruled out while talking about cryptocurrency. Its normal for a coin to experience fluctuations in price due to demand and supply.
Just be patient and it will go green again.
realcrypto

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 07:36:20 AM

Almost all the alternative are falling. just the way we exercise patience for bitcoin to bounce back, we need more patience for alternative coin to bounce back but it is not all of them will appreciate again.

S A N T A   C O I N     |     HYPER DEFLATIONARY COIN WITH REFLECTIONS IN BUSD
|     T W I T T E R     |     T E L E G R A M     |     M E D I U M     |
████  ███████████████  ██  █   BUY SANTA   █  ██  ███████████████  ████
altcoinhunter01

Activity: 840
Merit: 40

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 08:14:43 AM

Every dip is a buying opportunity for long term investors as this market have long future and these dips and rises comes and go. This is a normal phenomenon of any money market but long term investors have no worry about the market future. Patience is the key to get big profits here.

TheFaustFlick.com
»   Executive Produce a Comedy Film   «
✦ ────────  Facebook TwitterBountyTelegram  ──────── ✦
p i e c e

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 08:24:41 AM

Bitcoin reached already Resistance at 11.6k and failed for now. Can we predict an Altcoin recovery as soon as bitcoin corrects to 10k ? oR do altcoins recover first if bitcoin is stabilized?
I actually do not know if i should hold btc or buying cheap alts or waiting till alts start to recover.
i would appreciate an experienced answer.

I traditionally have a deal with well known famous currencies. I am talking about first of all Ethereum and Bitcoin. On my mind there is no sense in buying Bitcoin now. On my mind it is better to wait for some time and buy Ethereum.
GrandBcn

Activity: 275
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 09:10:30 AM

In my opinion, you need to save your bitcoin. Or buy the best altcoins instead. When the growth of bitcoin begins, all altcoins will lose their value. Then the best and stable alts will start to rise in price following the bitcoin. But the weak projects will sink even more to the bottom.
etin06

Activity: 285
Merit: 11

quarkchain.io

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 02:06:51 PM

Before you trade altcoin the first thing  you should know is that there is an inverse relationship between altcoin and btc. Also make sure you do a proper research  on the altcoin you have chosen to trade cos there are alot  of altcoin whose major purpose is for pump and dump so altcoin won't go any where.
seek4dream

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 02:14:09 PM

Generally speaking, when the market is recovering from a dip, altcoins are bouncing more quickly than bitcoin.
But in the past week, it was quite different. Bitcoin was gaining more dominance when the market recovered.
Let us see what will happen when the whole market is moving up again. My prediction is bitcoin will lose dominance gradually.
integrap

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 02:20:14 PM

If bitcoin price breaks $12300 level and be stable on that level, I believe that we will see alt party. Marketcap is very low and people buy bitcoin with their alts or they sell their bitcoin and buy tether or USD. First we need volume!

andreibi
Legendary

Activity: 1647
Merit: 1012

Practising Hebrew before visiting Israel

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 03:54:15 PM

Wow 2014 looks scary based on what you say.I wasn't into crypto that time although I badly wish I was Sad ..What I don't understand is why do all altcoins bleed when eth ort btc goes down?
I get that it maybe because most exchanges use these coins for buying altcoins, but even many established coins start going down when btc goes down . Why is that, is it just because of sentiment?

Back then (pre-Tether days), when btc pumps, every coin also pumps in USD value because the BTC value remains the same. Usually altcoins just price range when traders paly with btc. Only in major price movements do altcoins bleed (Increased btc volatility means trade and profit = traders sell altcoins to trade btc cuz better liquidity means larger positions).

But now Tether is widely used, arbitration can be achieved between exchanges. So what this means, traders can profit from the price difference in fiat values when trading alts. Now when btc goes up, alts go down in btc value but actually remains stable in fiat value.

Why do altcoins bleed when eth or btc goes down? Because a large section of whale traders just daytrade altcoins and they don't want to get stuck in an illiquid market when they believe btc or eth will go down further and most volume is in alt/btc or alt/eth pairs.

I probably not making sense, it's a complicated issue. TLDR - btc or eth whether they go up or down, altcoins bleed. The best time for alts is sideways movement for btc or eth. And altcoins go 4x - 10x average.

Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:52:52 PM

Be patient, Bitcoin price can’t be always rising. We will be seeing price rise after this correction and altcoin will follow.
HELLOFF

Activity: 602
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 05:01:19 PM

No one know that but if you have eth,ltc,bnb,neo,bcc and btc just hold that because i'm sure it will go really high in the future so better to invest in this 6.They already trusted coins in crypto we can see the price of this 6 have good volume in the market and even they drop still it will back to their current high price.
I see that you are a very optimistic person, because you still want a high price for coins. Apparently the market of crypto-currencies today does not have a very good time. But if you made investments, then you have to wait for a better time.
Balab01

Activity: 462

B пoиcкe

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 05:29:05 PM

A few weeks ago people were confused by the situation in the market and the collapse started with Bitcoin. Now it is on the pamp, while the altcoins are going into a strong minus. It's difficult for me..

*** Paбiв дo paю нe пycкaють! ***
Praesidium

Activity: 409
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 05:35:53 PM

Bitcoin reached already Resistance at 11.6k and failed for now. Can we predict an Altcoin recovery as soon as bitcoin corrects to 10k ? oR do altcoins recover first if bitcoin is stabilized?

I actually do not know if i should hold btc or buying cheap alts or waiting till alts start to recover.

i would appreciate an experienced answer.

Just wait, in the past instances when Bitcoin's price is high the alts are low and vice versa, but now when bitcoin's price is high the alts are high too. So let just wait for the day when all the FUDs are gone and that will be a nice greener market we will see.
Emperor of Man

Activity: 886
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 08:28:41 PM

People suggest different timings, but almost everybody agrees that it will end in a few weeks / a few months. Just be patient and do not panic. It's for your own good. Smiley
aeternus

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:40:10 AM

Be patient, Bitcoin price can’t be always rising. We will be seeing price rise after this correction and altcoin will follow.
Being patient can be really difficult for those that invested at the worst possible time in December especially if they are newbies, while those that are very experimented and invested long time ago do not have any kind of real problem with the current prices, I would not mind of the prices were this low for some more time since it will give me time to invest more.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: