Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 08:55:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is kraken.com a scam?  (Read 15023 times)
barnes13

Activity: 1274
Merit: 521

7enius - Your Cryptocurrency Marketing Consultant

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2017, 05:48:10 PM

I has experience to use kraken exchange service, they are not scam, but is little bit hard to get verified account, you need to verified your account to start trading.
WTBOKITO

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 05:04:30 AM

WEIRD Thing just happend!!

My very relevant and "nuanced" input on this topic just got deleted (2 posts) over night on this forum.

Really bad!

Depending on what you see as a SCAM I believe the posts were important and relevant.
As Kraken.com is so so so very slow to the point that in some cases (like mine) I believe you can make a case that it just does not work ( as speed is needed when dealing with CryptoCoin value moving so fast).

When they had told me this upfront clearly on their website (that all communication would go with the speed of horse and carriage) I would not have used it.

Also it feels very dodgy that even on this forum they had my negative feedback removed and/or this forum felt it had to be removed.

My problem has not yet even been solved with EUR 5000 hanging in the Kraken.com system (and nobody telling me what will happen) and me waiting for "verification" since 30 april.

I had some contact through someone of Kraken who was also a member on this forum (who actually did react fast). He promised to escalate my ticket, but lets see what happens. Have not seen the results of that yet.

Will keep you all posted (will start my own website on this if I have to, to do that).

jlp

Activity: 266
Merit: 264

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 02:21:16 PM

Why does Kraken use a Japanese bank if they are based in San Francisco?

A couple of weeks ago, I wire transferred money to their Japanese bank.  Still have not heard anything from Kraken.  I submitted a ticket on their Support page a few days ago.  Still have not received a reply.

Do other people get this incredibly slow service from Kraken?  Has Kraken taken anyone's money from wire transfer and never credited the sender's account?

curt0

Activity: 30

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 06:01:13 PM

If you DM me with your support ticket number I can escalate the ticket for you.

Dear Dargo from Kraken:

I wire transferred money to Kraken on May 24st.  I did not hear from your site, so I posted a support request on June 1st.

I still did not hear from your site, so I posted another support request on June 6th.

I still did not hear from your site, so I posted another support request today.

Yesterday, I sent a direct message with my support ticket number to you.  I have not heard back from you so I'm posting this.

What is going on with Kraken?  Does Kraken ignore all of its customers?  Is it going to steal my money?
Arcteryx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

EtherSphere - Social Games

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 07:03:31 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2017, 12:26:11 PM by Arcteryx

Why does Kraken use a Japanese bank if they are based in San Francisco?

A couple of weeks ago, I wire transferred money to their Japanese bank.  Still have not heard anything from Kraken.  I submitted a ticket on their Support page a few days ago.  Still have not received a reply.

Do other people get this incredibly slow service from Kraken?  Has Kraken taken anyone's money from wire transfer and never credited the sender's account?

Where was Kraken founded originally anyways?
Not in the US from what I read before they were out from somewhere else. And definitely not in San Francisco Bay area.
That is for certain. Undecided

........EtherSphere........
.....ICO Starts on 5th August, 4:00 PM UTC.....
.......High ROI Social Ethereum Games
........BENEFITS WHITEPAPER ANN THREAD GITHUB REDDIT TWITTER........

░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████████▀░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▄█████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░▄██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░██████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▀███████████████████▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████████████████▄░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▀░░░
░░░░░░░▄█████████████████▀▀░░░░░
░░░░░▄████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░......................
curt0

Activity: 30

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 01:20:40 PM

I posted the following on Kraken's sub-reddit on June 9:

Warning: Kraken takes money but does not reply

I wire transferred money to Kraken on May 24st. I did not hear from your site, so I posted a support request on June 1st.
I still did not hear from your site, so I posted another support request on June 6th.
I still did not hear from your site, so I posted another support request today.
Yesterday, I sent a direct message with my support ticket number to a user from Kraken on BitcoinTalk. I have not heard back from him so I'm posting this.
What is going on with Kraken? Does Kraken ignore all of its customers? Is it going to steal my money?

Kraken removed my posting.

Is Kraken turning into another Mt. Gox?

jeffytune

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Peace not piece.

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 05:25:38 AM

Why you guys don't read other people having problems with it and keep on using their service then you post here.

What's the point?

They want your money not you.
btbt

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 10:46:25 PM

Kraken only responds quickly when they want to get all your personal information. You can't fund your account with US dollars unless you are tier 4 verified. To get tire 4 verified you have to send you SSN, copies of passport or driver salience, and signature, account number for wire transfer. They keep emailing you to complete giving all those information till you finished everything. Then your account won't be able to get funded. It will tell you "insufficient documentation" although you are already tier 4 verified. No one ever will respond to your email because "we have changed our rule for response. We no longer respond through email". Maybe they will let you to fund your account right before the market is high enough to crash. Maybe they will never because all they want is your personal data!!!! Their strategy could be that even if they can't make money from running the exchange, at least they get your data, which will be a lot more valuable. This is truly a trap, although it might be a legally registered company. Their goal is to generate data by fooling people who are eager to own/trade cryptocurrencies. Don't be the next victim.
blackened515

Activity: 1218
Merit: 279

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 11:21:43 AM

I was just looking for exchanges to buy.

Now I figured https://www.kraken.com/ , but this exchange has 24h volume of just 2.5BTC.

Is this website a scam??

Sincerely,
Supreme Leader of Democratic People's Republic Korea
Kim Jong Un
Hello kim why you want war?You use btc?

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄